• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thought's on Kirby's current tier postion?

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
His stage control is decent, but the effectiveness stops once you powershield his projectiles/shield his bombs. Kirby, for the most part, beats him at close range, seeing as his f-smash can be S-DI'd out of, and the rest of his moves aren't spectacular. Not to mention his recovery is easily gimped. Not as bad as Link though.

Copying the arrows also helps if you float and spam, so the trajectories leave arrows landing everywhere.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
That's what i thought too, but there's a big difference between a TL player and a GOOD TL player.

Also, us having the advantage in that MU does not mean we should be higher on the tier list.

Just sayin'

Hyro

Smash Lord
His stage control is decent, but the effectiveness stops once you powershield his projectiles/shield his bombs. Kirby, for the most part, beats him at close range, seeing as his f-smash can be S-DI'd out of, and the rest of his moves aren't spectacular. Not to mention his recovery is easily gimped. Not as bad as Link though.

Copying the arrows also helps if you float and spam, so the trajectories leave arrows landing everywhere.
It's true it helps you out a LOT when you powershield TL's projectiles and zair...but when you play with people who PS everything you do, you learn to get around it to where you don't get punished and/or punish them.

As for the matchup, TL counters Kirby haha. TL's aerial CQC? Way too good. You can't say Kirby beats us close range because...our fsmash can be SDI'ed out of?? lolwut? who uses fsmash? and when we do use it, who uses the second hit?? XD

Our only problem is getting back onstage...but when we are on stage, it's veeery hard for Kirby to approach.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If Toon Link counters Kirby, I'll be happy to debate on Kirby's behalf since I use both Toon Link and Kirby because the match up between the two is very debatable. =3

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
It's true it helps you out a LOT when you powershield TL's projectiles and zair...but when you play with people who PS everything you do, you learn to get around it to where you don't get punished and/or punish them.

As for the matchup, TL counters Kirby haha. TL's aerial CQC? Way too good. You can't say Kirby beats us close range because...our fsmash can be SDI'ed out of?? lolwut? who uses fsmash? and when we do use it, who uses the second hit?? XD

Our only problem is getting back onstage...but when we are on stage, it's veeery hard for Kirby to approach.
COMPLETELY agree with this post.

Namesearch FTW! :laugh:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I AM ACTUALLY ALIVE

It's just that school has been preventing me from... well, doing anything off-campus.

so yeah
I know what you mean, man... I'm also doing lots of college stuff and improving my social life. I'm always onlining though, but don't have the time to make big, pretty posts for a while. Once I get my laptop back though, I'll be able to online more and get back to being active (It's in the workshop as we speak!)...

I wanna make some big posts again. :ohwell:

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
You guys and your school.

I don't do anything in college because of Smash and WoW. I have accepted this XD. Ironically, WoW keeps me off of Smashboards for excessive periods of time, so it's not such a bad thing.

Percon

Smash Lord
I want to come, believe me. And it's not too far from Oshawa either. But it's right in the middle of final exam/final project time. So we'll see.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Psh, Tater, Percon's been around and winning tournies since before you even knew what pie was.

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
well, ex-cuuse me, princess, sorry I don't keep up with semi-secret smash groups.

And Fromundaman, you have a lot to learn about my history with pie, seeing as I've been on the site longer than all 3 of you (lost melee disc for 2 years, along with forgetting my account name. So sue me)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
well, ex-cuuse me, princess, sorry I don't keep up with semi-secret smash groups.

And Fromundaman, you have a lot to learn about my history with pie, seeing as I've been on the site longer than all 3 of you (lost melee disc for 2 years, along with forgetting my account name. So sue me)
Pics or it didn't happen. :F

Tiersie

Smash Ace
That he was the awesomest in the Kirby boards had been established a long time ago. Also Tater, i'll be blunt and say I don't believe you. And if what you say is true, I'm sorry to say that you still haven't learned anything from 3 years of forum experience.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
We still have a long way to go to be on the other boards' levels. Some of them are worse meanies than we are. :(

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Kirby rose by one spot Tier List 5, but is still under Toon Link and Zero Suit Samus. )=

☯ I'm shocked about how many placements Pit dropped, and how many placements Fox rose by, but that's just my option. Anyone's current thoughts?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
ZSS shouldn't be in high tier. Kirby below TL isn't that far off from reality, those two are pretty cool... But I KNOW ZSS isn't high tier.

Yeah ZSS is not high tier. She's top of middle tier... you know, below TL.

You wanna know what's cool though? TL is still above Kirby.

unst unst unst unst

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yeah ZSS is not high tier. She's top of middle tier... you know, below TL.

You wanna know what's cool though? TL is still above Kirby.

unst unst unst unst
If I would regularly go to them there USA tarnees, I would show them whippersnappers what fer!

Eh, I got some thinking to do. I really dunno who should go over who: Kirby over TL, or vice-versa.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Y'all are sleeping on Y.B.M.'s tourny results. As well as the other good Kirbies we have, RRR, Kewkky and MogX. O_o I think those results are a small amount of his tier placement. Also he has a strong *** kill move, no bad stages, good CG, multiple jumps + recovery, and everyone who is above him (with a few exceptions) beat Kirby and everyone below him (with a few exceptions) gets beat by Kirby.

It's funny though because he didn't move @ all in the tier list. The only reason he has a +1 is because of the addition of Zelda/Sheik as a tier place holder. All in all he's where he needs to be.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Y'all are sleeping on Y.B.M.'s tourny results. As well as the other good Kirbies we have, RRR, Kewkky and MogX. O_o I think those results are a small amount of his tier placement. Also he has a strong *** kill move, no bad stages, good CG, multiple jumps + recovery, and everyone who is above him (with a few exceptions) beat Kirby and everyone below him (with a few exceptions) gets beat by Kirby.

It's funny though because he didn't move @ all in the tier list. The only reason he has a +1 is because of the addition of Zelda/Sheik as a tier place holder. All in all he's where he needs to be.
But Kirby DID move. He was #16 last tier list, and now he's #15. All I have to complain now is that ZSS isn't high tier and should go right below Kirby, then I'd say his # is the perfect one.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Yeah, I can't really complain about this tier list at all. I do feel ZSS belongs above kirby, but she doesn't feel right in high tier either :/

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Fuujin would know best since he mains Zelda lololollololol.

Honestly if you can understand that 'tiers' are supposed to be 'Noticeable!' gaps in terms of skills, viability, top, low, etc. then you should be able to see TL deserves to go UP! into hi OR ZSS needs to be top of mid. You can definitely argue both sides of that line to where each deserves and you'd have a good say. Then again 7 or 8 tiers is altogether ridiculous.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I haven't been on here enough. >_>

Kirby moved up a little. I am relatively pleased.

G-Dub

Smash Journeyman
Kirby too raw bra! He can combo for days, gimp like a fiend, and he's got that broke *** F Smash. I think he and G&W should should switch positions.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ If Kirby's match up's were to look better or if there's any potential of Kirby having a technique that brings an advantage towards the higher tier I would agree with him switching with Mr. Game & Watch.

Top Bottom