• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

Fawriel

Smash Master
I don't usually do this, but the thread pretty much doubled in size while I was asleep. So... is there anything truly NEW we "found out" or any interesting ideas, or was it all just "X is in the clouds" "no u" and repetition of previously done theories on the plot?

narmerguy

Smash Cadet
I don't usually do this, but the thread pretty much doubled in size while I was asleep. So... is there anything truly NEW we "found out" or any interesting ideas, or was it all just "X is in the clouds" "no u" and repetition of previously done theories on the plot?
I second that.

Blackadder

Smash Master
No, it digressed into spam and reapeted ideas a little while after you left.
You havn't missed much, save for a few new crazy "Is in the clouds!!" ideas.
And a funny comic somone made.

Shuma

Smash Hero
There's nothing to discuss about this update.

Only the Clouds and if the Purple guy is a wireframe or not(i'm assuming he is... a Dark Mii, so yes a new wireframe).

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
hmm to me it seems The new purple cheif either breaks the rules cause hes not a trophy. An is gonna try and destroy the world or whatever. Or this could be the price mario paid for helpin for revivin kirby. Hmm this makes me think of a co op story mode or adventure mode.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
This whole thing reminds me of that episode of Futurama where that blob thing brings all of the Star Trek and Futurama to his planet and makes them fight eachother, which ironically is on right now.
LMAO u wuz thinkin the kekgkgzactk same thing@@@@

And i have said co op mode in like a gazillinon posts agao

hoo care s if i cant spell p

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone considered the possibility the robot thing is actually Mario after the purple goop removed his mario-ness, leaving behind the little remote controlled robot trophy thing behind his normal exterior? And thus, the "price" that this fighting world is threatened with is one which actually stops the fighting?

Because really, that robot isn't threatening enough to scare me. It's the purple goo which scares me.
Quoting myself, because only one person noticed. Look, guys, the robot might not necessarily be the new wireframes. There are lots of possibilities which haven't been considered.

I personally think Crazy Hand is behind everything, seeing as how he's the more destructive hand.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Quoting myself, because only one person noticed. Look, guys, the robot might not necessarily be the new wireframes. There are lots of possibilities which haven't been considered.

I personally think Crazy Hand is behind everything, seeing as how he's the more destructive hand.
I think there's somthing above the two hands.
Something truly overpowering, and it's gonna play a pivotal role in
the possible story mode.
Really?
Nah, not really, but it seems kinda chic.

THEmSHAKE

Smash Apprentice

I agree your idea should be noted. Its a very good idea, very original, and I like it. Also, the more I think about it, the more possible it seems.

Flying @ Wii Level

Smash Rookie
Has anyone seen it from this perspective...?

... The golden "Smash Emblem" that all the trophies stand on:

When they come out to fight, the emblem 'explodes' into light...obviously encouraging a 'good' fighter...

This new mysterious enemy suggests a 'darker' explosion with purple fuzzies. Anyone follow? It could be a "Fight Your Trophies" mode.

:confused:

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
Mabey there will be a giant entity with the hand connected it. SO many possibilities, and we'll never know till Dec 3rd >.<

shinypaper

Smash Rookie
Back what we actually know. In Smash Trophies always were the things that foughts. Well, in the intro to smash64 it was dolls. But in the intro to melee Mario dropped in as a trophy and then came to life then fought. So having trophies fight is nothing new to the smash world. Go and look at your intro to ssbm and you'll see, and you can probably youtube the intro for ssb. Anyways, that's what we know.

As for what that thing is in the last picture. I have no idea, it really could be anything at this point.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
Back what we actually know. In Smash Trophies always were the things that foughts. Well, in the intro to smash64 it was dolls. But in the intro to melee Mario dropped in as a trophy and then came to life then fought. So having trophies fight is nothing new to the smash world. Go and look at your intro to ssbm and you'll see, and you can probably youtube the intro for ssb. Anyways, that's what we know.

As for what that thing is in the last picture. I have no idea, it really could be anything at this point.
We got that much, Melee was a violent game, and all the trophys did as master hadn and crazy hand wanted, and when then won, they turned back too trophys and the credits rolled.

In the beginning of melee Link and Mario come too life and BAM they fight.

I guess if this update was a cinimatic, we'd see kirby and mario clash, and mario win

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
What about metaknight scaping from the "purple clouds" and came to pick up mario and kirby to warn thema bout the danger?, but the little guy arrives earlier

LinkGadra

Smash Apprentice
Curse you, Sakurai! For every answer you give, you attach five more questions to it! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Whew, now that that's out of my system, I've got an idea about all this. If it has already been said, or sounds totally stupid, don't bother me about it, because I'm only talking out of my butt here.

Somewhere in the page 20's or so, someone said something about 'Epic darkness overpowering the light' being done in a lot of recent Nintendo games. And as we all know, Smash is a glorious compilation of various Nintendo games. My idea is this:

What if all that darkness comes from the same source? The creation of Shadow Pokemon, the Twilight Realm invading Hyrule, The assault of the Shadow Queen, the discovery of the Dark Prognosis, and the Ing, all attacks from the same mysterious force that exists outside of the worlds. And its new target?

The Super Smash Dimension.

Think about that. It would certainly explain why Nintendo went with 'The Darkness Attacks' story line so often.

Fawriel

Smash Master
...now that's a theory right there.
Of course, it's kind of a conspiracy theory; it's extremely unlikely that they did it all FOR this game.
But it's a possibility that Sakurai will pick up just that idea.

Unfortunately, there's probably no way you could make sense out of a recurring theme from so many different franchises...

Hmm... although that would indeed open up some possibilities for common enemies. You didn't mention Ganondorf or other villains, which is good, since those are playable and can't be excluded from Single Player.

I don't know about most of the stories you mentioned, but I do know TP, Pokemon XD and Metroid Prime...
It would be wasted energy to have bosses you cannot play, but a Shadow Pokemon, Zant and Dark Samus could all very easily be clones of existing characters.

I'm kind of under time pressure here, so bear with the incoherence of this post, please.
Well... there's something to discuss. GO!

LinkGadra

Smash Apprentice
Like I said, I'm just throwing something out there. They didn't have to use darkness in those games, but they did, and now there's an opportunity to use that fact in a clever way.

Besides, all the update says is that someone or something broke the rules. 'Evil from between dimensional barriers' fits the definition of something quite nicely.:)

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
Krazy idea (so crazy that I spelt crazy with a K), and I'll be the first to admit it's a bit of a logic jump.

The "Goo-man" different skin for a Mii that takes the place of grunt in the Hand's army (polygons & wireframes). Similiar to how the female wire frame was Zelda and the Male was Falcon...this guy could be a mii. He does kind of have similiar proportions (when the miis hands and legs are actually connecting)

I know, I know. It IS farfetched, but when you think about the whole series it kind of makes sense. In SSB64 Master Hand was seen setting the stage for the dolls to fight. In both games Master Hand represents creation and imagination where in SSBM his broheim Crazy Hand represents destruction. WE, the players, are the ones forcing the characters to fight; we bring them to life. When the characters aren't being played as they are non existant, "trophies" , nothing more...maybe the Hand uses us represented in the form of "miis" to put a stop to them...WE are the ones fighting and controlling the characters (much like master hand).

Just kind of a crazy Idea. I will come back and put more detail into it later. This isn't supposed to be a OMG GOOMANG = MIIIS N BRAWLZ LOLoRz! post. Just a fun little theory.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I don't care who he is, he ain't scaring me. He looks like a revamped and polished SandBag to me.
BTW: Master/Crazy Hand could NOT be the ones behind the purple guy, due to the fact that the purple guy has mittens, and everyone knows that mittens vs gloves dates back even farther than Mario vs Sonic. A glove would never be caught dead dealing with a pair of mittens, and vice versa.

nitromaster

Smash Cadet
sakurai is going to have a big update (hopefully on monday) which proves everyone wrong and which also blows our minds,

krackizwak

Smash Cadet
hmmm to me the picture seem to show metaknight as kinda an enforcer, maybe the characters considered villans want to fight, and for this master hand or if there is a new Boss has given them athourity over the world, but when they fail and mario decides that this isnt right and they need to fight back istead of fighting each other master hand/new boss sends down these guys to stop a revulotion

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
So... am I the only person who's personally more excited about the graphics in these latest screens than in any potential story?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
So... am I the only person who's personally more excited about the graphics in these latest screens than in any potential story?
Probably. The graphics don't look like in-game graphics to me. I still view all these screens as being from an intro movie before the main menu, despite the update being in "Game modes". So they're expected to be gorgeous.

If they ARE in-game though, then I'd be more excited.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Holy **** on a **** sandwich! With a side helping of **** and a soft **** drink!

Can you say original story with original characters? ....maybe?

SliK

Smash Journeyman
The purple guy looks exactly like a monster from kingdom hearts to me. but not of course.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Holy **** on a **** sandwich! With a side helping of **** and a soft **** drink!

Can you say original story with original characters? ....maybe?
and a dessert of ****! well, it could be like that, but this update is like the 1969 moon landing, raising questions of all kinds... well, something like that- but still! the idea of a plot is weird, but exciting at the same time. Whos breaking the rules? there are three possibilities:
Mario and Kirby, by choosing not to fight
Metaknight, and possibly other baddies, by choosing to interrupt the fight, or saving mario and kirby
and the weird sock monkey, whos presence alone is forboding...
whats in the clouds? nothing you *******, theyre just clouds

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
If we really want to make the story deep, why not make it deep NINTENDO style.

Seriously, a Nintendo character breaking the rules for freedom to benefit everyone, while putting this very world at stake, really isn't Nintendo.

No, what's more likely is this.

What if those purple dudes are robots. I mean, real robots. More specifically, robots which not only resemble our favourite characters, but were made to replace these characters, to take their places in this world, Terminator style? To do that they need to capture every character and turn them into trophies. Of course, you can take each character's trophy back (e.g. save them), thus unlocking them for the story mode.

Think of it. What if breaking the rules means no more trophies to battle with? Our own world's rule is this. There are people who live, talk, breathe, eat, sleep. These are the rules of our world. But when something breaks this rule, something terrible would happen. What if that terrible thing means the disappearance of the world? According to some philosophers our world is created by us being here. Without something to percieve this world, this world would not exist.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
hey nothing ryhmes with circus are you a kingdom hearts fan?
I am. At first I was going to ask how you guessed, but I guess it must be the avatar. I forgot it was of Mickey.

If Sora, or basically anyone from KH, had a ghost of a chance of getting into Brawl, I'd be rooting for them. Sadly, any KH character getting in is about as likely as my big toe being a playable character.

@GaryCXJk
There's an idea I haven't heard yet. Now there are about 3904820397 possible scenarios for this game and I don't know which one to follow. Hopefully monday's update will clear some stuff up, though I'm sure it won't.

Top Bottom