• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
It boggles my mind that so many people think that the "someone or something" that "breaks the rules" refers to Mario and/or Kirby, rather than the mysterious villain that is shown in the next picture....

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Note: This is too much awesome to be read at once, so I have only read up to page 4. Excuse me if what this has been said to death.

What if that's Sandbag and he's out for revenge? The mysterious guy is certainly Sandbag-shaped. In addition, Sandbag was an AR-able fighter in SSBM and a trophey.

What if all the AR-able characters from the past all come to life, since they had trophey's and end up doing some kind of evil plot?

The list of ARable people: Sandbag(Has trophey), Metal Mario(SSB64, has a SSBM trophey), Male Wire Frame(Has Trophey), Female Wire Frame(Has trophey), All the fighting Polygons(They have a trophey, I think...), Master Hand(Has trophey), Crazy Hand(Has trophey) and Giga Bowser(Has trophey).

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Note: This is too much awesome to be read at once, so I have only read up to page 4. Excuse me if what this has been said to death.

What if that's Sandbag and he's out for revenge? The mysterious guy is certainly Sandbag-shaped. In addition, Sandbag was an AR-able fighter in SSBM and a trophey.

What if all the AR-able characters from the past all come to life, since they had trophey's and end up doing some kind of evil plot?

The list of ARable people: Sandbag(Has trophey), Metal Mario(SSB64, has a SSBM trophey), Male Wire Frame(Has Trophey), Female Wire Frame(Has trophey), All the fighting Polygons(They have a trophey, I think...), Master Hand(Has trophey), Crazy Hand(Has trophey) and Giga Bowser(Has trophey).

I must admit that fighting an army like that in Smash would be awesome, unless it became too much like Dynasty Warriors....

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Uhh...polygons were GS-able in 64, as were many other things, and they didn't come back in melee. I doubt nintendo cares about all of the AR-able characters.

(Sakurai, yes, thank you!)

The reason everyone thinks that those two broke the rules, is because they are the only ones doing anything, it talks about how they're fighting. The rules are that they fight. Then, it seems that they do something other than fighting, Mario somehow helps Kirby out, then it says that breaking the rules...you know. It's pretty much what Sakurai was implying.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Uhh...polygons were GS-able in 64, as were many other things, and they didn't come back in melee. I doubt nintendo cares about all of the AR-able characters.

(Sakurai, yes, thank you!)

The reason everyone thinks that those two broke the rules, is because they are the only ones doing anything, it talks about how they're fighting. The rules are that they fight. Then, it seems that they do something other than fighting, Mario somehow helps Kirby out, then it says that breaking the rules...you know. It's pretty much what Sakurai was implying.
All Mario and Kirby are doing is shaking hands, which is perfectly reasonable for two honorable warriors to do before and/or after a battle. They don't "break the rules" to trigger some kind of apocalypse where these villains show up. The villains ARE the "rule breakers". I don't see how that isn't obvious. It says "...someone... or something... breaks those rules", not "Mario... or Kirby... breaks those rules"

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
What REALLY boggles me is that people are forgetting one rule, and it's the one big rule in trailer history.

It won't reveal who did the big thing which caused chaos to the world.

Sweetness

Smash Rookie
A place where the wii has been out for years and w
What REALLY boggles me is that people are forgetting one rule, and it's the one big rule in trailer history.

It won't reveal who did the big thing which caused chaos to the world.
What INCREDIBLY boggles my mind is that no one thinks that it's possible the rule hasn't been broken yet just because of an ominous appearence of a new character.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
All Mario and Kirby are doing is shaking hands, which is perfectly reasonable for two honorable warriors to do before and/or after a battle. They don't "break the rules" to trigger some kind of apocalypse where these villains show up. The villains ARE the "rule breakers". I don't see how that isn't obvious. It says "...someone... or something... breaks those rules", not "Mario... or Kirby... breaks those rules"
No, according to the order of the pictures, Kirby turned into a trophy. Then came back, and shook hands with Mario, which ISN'T fighting. Which is against the rules. Which is breaking the rules.

"...someone... or something... breaks those rules", not "Mario... or Kirby... breaks those rules"

Hmm...Let's put those two over each other.

Someone or something breaks those rules
Mario or Kirby breaks those rules

The thing you have to remember is that nobody even knows what this is. This could be a completley different thing if it's the opening trailer, a single player mode, some sort of co-op mode, etc. I'm not saying that I am RIGHT, I am just explaining why people are thinking that way. It seems that it's what Sakurai was implying. To some anyways.

"I don't see how this isn't obvious."
Because they didn't say anything along the lines of "The big ship and the mysterious clouds (aka mindtricks) broke the rules."

This was a very ambiguous post, don't say that your interpretation is correct. Nobody knows.

Fighting Polygons got their own trophey.
I just don't see any reality in your theory (oxymoron?). I see what you are saying about the polygons, I thought you meant something else- but either way, I just don't see all of them coming together at once and fighting you. Unless you count one-player mode. The one we've always had. The one that basically does that ._. . Maybe you could elaborate a little more.

WolfS2

Smash Rookie
It boggles my mind that so many people think that the "someone or something" that "breaks the rules" refers to Mario and/or Kirby, rather than the mysterious villain that is shown in the next picture....
...I had to register to this forum to add my two cents to this. So many people I've seen don't realize this.

I believe that they are breaking the rules. They are destined to fight; that's all they do. However, maybe they question it, and shaking hands for a sign of truce, alliance, and peace. This means that they would no longer fight. Thus, with their truce, they break the rules.

That is what I believe...

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
...I had to register to this forum to add my two cents to this. So many people I've seen don't realize this.

I believe that they are breaking the rules. They are destined to fight; that's all they do. However, maybe they question it, and shaking hands for a sign of truce, alliance, and peace. This means that they would no longer fight. Thus, with their truce, they break the rules.

That's what I was thinking as well.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman

That is what I meant. Thank you. I'm glad I'm not crazy...err...completely. Can't wait for tonight's update btw. >___<

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Mario and Kirby shake hands well before any rule breaking is mentioned.

The rule breaking is mentioned right as the clouds begin to swell and the mysterious visitor arrives.

C'mon people, 2 + 2.

WolfS2

Smash Rookie
Mario and Kirby shake hands well before any rule breaking is mentioned.

The rule breaking is mentioned right as the clouds begin to swell and the mysterious visitor arrives.

C'mon people, 2 + 2.
However, right after the shot with Mario and Kirby shaking hands, it shows Mario looking to his side, in the direction of the clouds (Not shown; close up on Mario). Also, the lighting on him is somewhat red, meaning the sky is changing as well. After the picture of Mario looking to his side, the picture of the clouds happens.

That sign of truce is bringing forth the clouds and Halberd.

(Though it might be pushing it a bit with the Red Light, but I think there is some)

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
I think that the purple guy, as i call him, adds a storyline to smash for once. We have seen the openings to melee and 64. We have collected trophies, and now we will finally understand them.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
No, according to the order of the pictures, Kirby turned into a trophy. Then came back, and shook hands with Mario, which ISN'T fighting. Which is against the rules. Which is breaking the rules.
I already explained that... you're wasting too much time trying to play semantics and decipher what exactly these "rules" are and not enough time just applying common sense.

And I don't say "you" to pick on you specifically. I'm talking to everyone who thinks the same way.

"...someone... or something... breaks those rules", not "Mario... or Kirby... breaks those rules"

Hmm...Let's put those two over each other.

Someone or something breaks those rules
Mario or Kirby breaks those rules

The thing you have to remember is that nobody even knows what this is. This could be a completley different thing if it's the opening trailer, a single player mode, some sort of co-op mode, etc. I'm not saying that I am RIGHT, I am just explaining why people are thinking that way. It seems that it's what Sakurai was implying. To some anyways.

"I don't see how this isn't obvious."
Because they didn't say anything along the lines of "The big ship and the mysterious clouds (aka mindtricks) broke the rules."

This was a very ambiguous post, don't say that your interpretation is correct. Nobody knows.
Mario and Kirby would NOT be referred to as "someone... or something". A mysterious, never-before-seen character, which is pictured IMMEDIATE AFTER the phrase in question, WOULD be referred to that way.

HOW IS THAT NOT COMPLETELY OBVIOUS

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
i have a question
what is that symbol on the mysterious thing-guy's chest?
i think its like MK' body facing his right with an antenna on its head:confused:

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
If you go to game modes in the tabs and click ??? and click this world...
the url bar says:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea01.html

My idea is reference to a Mode A in game modes.
And why else is it modea01?
there is going to be a modea02.
People on the NSider forums also noticed this, and being the dumbf***s that they are, they decided that the creature in the last screenshot must be named Modea. -_-

I agree with your idea, it must be the Mode A in game modes...hopefully we get a modea02 on Monday.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
"Mode A" could be a generic codeword for an undisclosed mode, or "A" could stand for "Adventure". And the 01 could be as simple as denoting the first of what will eventually be multiple web pages. I don't think we can really draw any conclusions from that.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman

Does that illustrate my point a little better? *highlited a few other things, for those who are a little behind*

Mario and Kirby would NOT be referred to as "someone... or something". A mysterious, never-before-seen character, which is pictured IMMEDIATE AFTER the phrase in question, WOULD be referred to that way.

HOW IS THAT NOT COMPLETELY OBVIOUS
Maybe, because we have sufficient reason to believe that Kirby and Mario already broke the rules (AGAIN, I'm not saying that I am right, just saying why I would think this) . Also, remember, that depending on the mode, Mario and Kirby could be easily replaced. Remember that not ALL of the characters in smash have a gender. It could easily be saying that just to not label Yoshi as a person. But really, we have NO clue what this really is about, this is all speculation, please stop saying things are obvious and that we must be crazy if we don't get it the same way you do. This update was crazy. It explained nothing, just gave us more questions to be left up to us to try and quarrel over an answer for them :p.

EDIT: Those last arrows on the last picture, are a part of that bit about catching up. They have nothing to do with the point being made.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Also, remember, that depending on the mode, Mario and Kirby could be easily replaced. Remember that not ALL of the characters in smash have a gender. It could easily be saying that just to not label Yoshi as a person.
"Someone" is already a gender-neutral word, and is certainly one that can refer to someone (see?...) like Yoshi or Kirby, so that still doesn't explain it.

I just think everyone is going a little crazy over the "ZOMG KIRBY WUZ DED NOW HE IZINT" and assuming that that somehow violates the rules. The way I interpreted it was:

Trophies fight all day long. Turning permanently back into a trophy is a FATE MUCH LIKE DEATH, so in a spirit of good sportsmanship (which you would expect from Nintendo's heroes, they revive each other, shake hands, and continue fighting. There don't seem to be very many "rules" that this post is referring to, and once again, "someone or something" clearly does NOT refer to Mario or Kirby.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
"Someone" is already a gender-neutral word, and is certainly one that can refer to someone (see?...) like Yoshi or Kirby, so that still doesn't explain it.

I just think everyone is going a little crazy over the "ZOMG KIRBY WUZ DED NOW HE IZINT" and assuming that that somehow violates the rules. The way I interpreted it was:

Trophies fight all day long. Turning permanently back into a trophy is a FATE MUCH LIKE DEATH, so in a spirit of good sportsmanship (which you would expect from Nintendo's heroes, they revive each other, shake hands, and continue fighting. There don't seem to be very many "rules" that this post is referring to, and once again, "someone or something" clearly does NOT refer to Mario or Kirby.
1) The whole Kirby being revived wasn't my point. THE POINT, was that THE RULES state that they must fight (and that trophy is same as death). MARIO AND KIRBY AREN'T FIGHTING at all. The it says "but...when blah blah blah" Mario turns around in an ominous look, and see this ship. Then bad guys appear.

2) THAT IS NOT F*CKING CLEAR! NOTHING IS CLEAR!

SOMEONE OR SOMETHING can refer to ANYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE THAT IS NOT A PLACE! Thus, it COULD MEAN KIRBY/MARIO. STOP pushing your ideas as the definitive answer. NOBODY knows what is correct. We are all guessing. Yeah, you can give your ideas, but don't put them above everyone else's and say that you are right.

That being said, both of these ideas are plausible. I find one more likely, and I'm trying to explain it to you, because you say you don't see how people are thinking this way.

[/e-drama]

JPW

Smash Ace
i don't know what to make of this yet, at first I thought it was a new mode, but now it looks like an idea for an Intro movie.

Which makes me think Sakurai is gearing us up for that intro trailer soon. Hopefully TGS(Tokyo Games Spaceworld) or LGC(Liepzig Games Convention).

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I hope that isn't the intro movie. It's probably an intro to a 1p mode. I'm hoping for an overall intro movie that's very similar in style to the one from Melee. Best video game intro EVER.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
i don't know what to make of this yet, at first I thought it was a new mode, but now it looks like an idea for an Intro movie.

Which makes me think Sakurai is gearing us up for that intro trailer soon. Hopefully TGS(Tokyo Games Spaceworld) or LGC(Liepzig Games Convention).
According to the site, it's a game mode. It's posted under game modes or something. I forget and am to lazy to go back to it. Though, it does look like it could be an intro to that scene, or something. Iunnow.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I hope that isn't the intro movie. It's probably an intro to a 1p mode. I'm hoping for an overall intro movie that's very similar in style to the one from Melee. Best video game intro EVER.
I was always hoping they had a second unlockable intro video with the secret characters who weren't in it. NO MAN LEFT BEHIND!!! :D

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Huh... yeah that's actually a good idea. I don't know why I never thought of that.

Even better is if they could somehow dynamically alter the intro movie to show whatever characters you had unlocked up to that point.

M.K

Level 55
IMO, the ones breaking the rules are Meta-Knight, Bowser, and whoever else is in the clouds...because they aren't fighting, but just....floating or something O_o

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
I'd like an intro to the battles, like say the characters jump in and do some kinda pose, but in a cinematic way, but flowy....kinda like how they did in the first one, but more....advanced. I also wouldn't mind having an opening with unlocked characters, but that's offtopic (though jiggly did appear in melee's opening).

EDIT FOR DUMBARSENESS (me):

IMO, the ones breaking the rules are Meta-Knight, Bowser, and whoever else is in the clouds...because they aren't fighting, but just....floating or something O_o
Thanks for the IMO, I'm giving you a cookie.

That's a good thought, but you have to think- what were they doing before? Where they coming to attack and fight? Are they maybe a higher power that came to punish the fighters (or, non fighters as the case SEEMS). Just 4 more hours until we don't find out.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, I think the whole players-as-trophies concept is going to kill any chance that we'll see a return of the old SSB64 intros. I think intros will be similar to Melee, with maybe more stress on the fact that they are trophies coming to life.

@MetaKirby:

MetaKnight isn't specifically shown, just his ship. And Bowser isn't in the picture at all.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, I think the whole players-as-trophies concept is going to kill any chance that we'll see a return of the old SSB64 intros. I think intros will be similar to Melee, with maybe more stress on the fact that they are trophies coming to life.

@MetaKirby:

MetaKnight isn't specifically shown, just his ship. And Bowser isn't in the picture at all.
Well, maybe. You never know. The players being trophy's may only apply to that mode, or whatever. Still, I'm talking about how, when a battle started, something like fox would swoop in from an arwing, mario would come up from a pipe, etc. I'd just like to see something nice like that, if there was any confusion on what I meant.

@MetaKirby:

Says logic. Still, there is the slightest chance. Stop saying that they are completley wrong, there is still a chance, no matter how small. I agree, the likelyness is slim to none, but untill Nintendo has told us that, yes, we are crazy, we still aren't. We being anyone who speculates :).

Top Bottom