• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is now a problem, READ 1st POST ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
This once was a thread regarding me being a mod but that didnt go too well, i then decided this thread should be closed because there is no purpose for it. For 2 days this thread was titled "Close Thread" and I told the MODS to close this thread 2 days. Why isn't it closed? It furthur proves my point that the MODS don't care about the fox boards.

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
i support this. i may be a little new to the fox boards but i'm not blind -- rookie's done a lot for the fox community and i'd like to see where the fox boards could go with a dedicated mod like him.

"his name is 718_ROOKI3, and he has my vote." lol.

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
Rooki3 for mod, he has contributed a lot, I'm sure this place can be better with his help

Flynch

Smash Cadet
I'd feel better knowing you were a mod on the fox boards. You've given so much to the fox community would be able to do even more as a mod. Rookie has my vote, even though it may not count for much.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Asking to be a mod is usually the wrong way to go about it.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I was actually referring to Hercules:)

Although, the spiderman series is my favorite of all time as you can tell from my avatar.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yeah, I don't know about the choice to post a mostly spam topic (given the circumstances, it's understandable, but still) just to ask to clean up spam topics and the boards and such...

Personally, I'd vote for like Zhamy or somebody like that... Xiivi, I felt was a good mod... he gave infractions and stuff, but the board was REALLY good when he was around. I never knew why he left, though...otherwise I'd call for his return.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Well, since the Mod presence is here... let me word it like this:

Mods, there has been kind of an outbreak of spam and clutter since Xiivi left. We would like to stop this, but there is not a very active mod for the Fox board.

Of course, to promote organization and limit spam and such, the member would have to be active on the board, as I'm sure you know. Therefore, the best choice that we can see is to get a mod from the Fox board. Somebody who would already have interest in the board, and be active... so another mod would not have to just come in here for no reason.

There are a few fox mains around here who are generally very level-headed, and post well. I ask that you take a look around, and decide on a mod from the Fox boards. I have already mentioned Zhamy... I would also probably throw Pgh_M@v_Pgh (or however you spell his name) in the pot.

Basically, we would like a dedicated mod, just to rule over (lol at that wording) the Fox board, and clean things up. It would be best if this mod came from the board he would be cleaning.

Thanks for your time.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
It would have been better if any of the regulars PM'd a moderator/s.mod/senate/admin about the need for some staffs in here. We then would have lurked a bit til' we found someone. That's usually how it works.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
It would have been better if any of the regulars PM'd a moderator/s.mod/senate/admin about the need for some staffs in here. We then would have lurked a bit til' we found someone. That's usually how it works.
I agree... this was a bit hasty. this thread could be deleted, if you want your secret ninja tactics or something.

if you will tell (or pm) me who to pm, I will do it, at least...I'm sure a few others would send a pm, too..

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I never knew why he left, though...otherwise I'd call for his return.
Xiivi left the mod positions he inherited because he didn't play Brawl anymore and thought that a mod who doesn't even play Brawl modding a Brawl board would not be very responsible.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Since the immediate response from mods were nothing but negative comments, and fenrir as always got some dumb shiz to say about me without directly speaking to me, you might as well just close the thread and forget my request to fulfill the position as a MOD. You know its not hard to just speak on topic and respect my wishes to be a MOD and let me get to work on this community but its another to have MODS say nothing but shiz that makes me look like an idiot or me going about this the wrong way, (like there really ever is one) and fenrir whom I know doesn't like me and will obviously drop other names to be MODS when they haven't even took the effort to and or even spoken out to be a MOD in the first place. You guys do what the f*ck ya'll do. Now I know why I left these boards in the first place. Bye Bye

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Since the immediate response from mods were nothing but negative comments, and fenrir as always got some dumb shiz to say about me without directly speaking to me, you might as well just close the thread and forget my request to fulfill the position as a MOD. You know its not hard to just speak on topic and respect my wishes to be a MOD and let me get to work on this community but its another to have MODS say nothing but shiz that makes me look like an idiot or me going about this the wrong way, (like there really ever is one) and fenrir whom I know doesn't like me and will obviously drop other names to be MODS when they haven't even took the effort to and or even spoken out to be a MOD in the first place. You guys do what the f*ck ya'll do. Now I know why I left these boards in the first place. Bye Bye
Not to be disrespectful, Rookie, but this post right there is a perfect example why you shouldn't be a mod.
First of all you're breaking the global rules (censor-dodging), which a mod definitely has to obey.
Secondly, your reaction of not everyone cheering and loving over you by just posting this and saying "**** you all" because you don't become a mod is not mature at all.

While I do agree that a second mod for the Fox boards would be good, I don't think you would be a good choice. You are a good Fox player and you have contributed a lot to the Fox community, but just doing that doesn't mean you automatically deserve to be a part of the staff. If you can't handle people disagreeing with you or not naming you as definitive candidate, you're definitely not prone to be a good moderator.
Since those have, y'know, responsibility.

Just saying.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
RAWR I'M ANGRY
My advice wasn't negative, it was helpful advice and what I thought would be common sense. *Shrugs*

If anything you just proved why you shouldn't be one.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Look, Rookie... I don't have anything against you. Should you be a mod? no. It doesn't really matter what you have done for the community (which really... some contribute even more than you do), it matters how you react to stuff...

This isn't anything personal to me, but it's just the truth, as I see it. You can't take criticism at all.. Anytime people have something good to say about you, you'll soak it up, but when it turns negative, you start calling names and getting all defensive, and that just isn't mod material.. The names I listed, I listed for very serious purpose... While they are not 100% dedicated to the Fox boards, they are both very level-headed... that's the difference.

The mods here have to represent the BEST of the community, and at the very least from a self-control standpoint, that isn't you...

I don't really want to have bad blood between us, but at the same time, I call 'em like I see 'em

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Sigh. I was hoping SCOTU being directly assigned to these boards would encourage you guys to use the report feature/contact him in some way when things needed to be done.

I'll get the whole 'Fox boards are a mess' thing addressed I guess.

ALSO:
Drop the issue after this.
Normal members DO NOT get to choose who becomes their mod, the administrative staff makes very good decisions from an outside perspective. If you feel a board needs a mod, go ahead and contact the staff saying you feel a board needs moderation. Do not take it further than that.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well, Fenrir was mainly making suggestions, so I dunno.

Thing is, while SCOTU is in general a cool guy and a good mod, I think having the character board's users maintain themselves and report or contact the mod everytime there's something up is a bit inefficient - it's annoying for the users and the mod, too. Most board mods are very dedicated to their board and usually are among the people who are regulars in it - I haven't seen SCOTU post a whole lot here since I've started playing Fox.
While I don't expect a mod to be on 24/7 or something, I think activity in the respective subforum they're moderating is a very important matter (hence I think several moderators on several boards should be purged simply because they don't fulfill their responsibilities).

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
Sigh. I was hoping SCOTU being directly assigned to these boards would encourage you guys to use the report feature/contact him in some way when things needed to be done.

I'll get the whole 'Fox boards are a mess' thing addressed I guess.

ALSO:
Drop the issue after this.
Normal members DO NOT get to choose who becomes their mod, the administrative staff makes very good decisions from an outside perspective. If you feel a board needs a mod, go ahead and contact the staff saying you feel a board needs moderation. Do not take it further than that.
maybe i'm just new to how the boards work in general, but i didn't know that you couldn't do something like this. my bad for supporting something that i didn't know was 'wrong'. i just thought it'd be nice to have someone who actually cares (cared? now..) about the fox community to clean up.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
The Truth by R00kie

I was talking to R00kie just a few minutes ago and he wanted me to post this on his behalf since he's isn't quite happy with the boards right now.

OreoVersion1 (12:53:35 PM): what's up?
ZB x R00kie (12:53:57 PM): Excel wassup bro
ZB x R00kie (12:54:06 PM): I gave the mod thing a shot
ZB x R00kie (12:54:12 PM): And I got shot down
ZB x R00kie (12:54:17 PM): So
ZB x R00kie (12:54:22 PM): There you go
OreoVersion1 (12:54:41 PM): yeah...I saw how that went
OreoVersion1 (12:54:45 PM): not good...
ZB x R00kie (12:54:57 PM): Am I wron?
ZB x R00kie (12:55:04 PM): Wrong?
ZB x R00kie (12:55:09 PM): I don't think I am
ZB x R00kie (12:55:23 PM): Everyone I spoke to besides Fenrir said I should be a mod
ZB x R00kie (12:55:30 PM): I mean EVERY fox main
ZB x R00kie (12:55:39 PM): Even fox mains that don't even post on the boards
OreoVersion1 (12:55:59 PM): tbh you did kinda go about it the wrong way
OreoVersion1 (12:56:27 PM): you probably should've had the fox boards recommend you as a mod
ZB x R00kie (12:56:34 PM): How is there a wrong way with the fox boards being as sloppy and unorganized as it is
ZB x R00kie (12:56:49 PM): There is never a wrong that board
ZB x R00kie (12:56:55 PM): That **** is upside down
OreoVersion1 (12:57:15 PM): because other mods are pricks and would like for someone to kiss *** to get power
OreoVersion1 (12:57:40 PM): while some of them are actually chill
ZB x R00kie (12:57:41 PM): Listen... I won't be wrong after you hear this out...
ZB x R00kie (12:59:35 PM): I made a thread because its the BEST way to explain the situation and the fox boards deserve a see at the truth... now why is it when I create the thread, all of sudden the mods want to pretend that there gonna give the fox boards more attention? Is it because I stood up and was making a stand for our board? Are they feeling like they got put on the spotlight for not doing there job? I would say I **** right about that...
OreoVersion1 (1:00:35 PM): wow
ZB x R00kie (1:00:37 PM): Our boards is a troll section
ZB x R00kie (1:00:46 PM): Tell me how that's possible
ZB x R00kie (1:00:52 PM): Its because the mods don't care about our boards
ZB x R00kie (1:01:00 PM): Someone needs to
ZB x R00kie (1:01:09 PM): That's WAS gonna be me
ZB x R00kie (1:01:15 PM): But noooooooooooooooo
ZB x R00kie (1:01:24 PM): You see what I mean Excel...
ZB x R00kie (1:01:38 PM): Can you do me a favor...
ZB x R00kie (1:02:04 PM): Take our entire convo and post it in that thread if it's still up and running...
ZB x R00kie (1:02:14 PM): Like right now...
ZB x R00kie (1:02:22 PM): PLZ
OreoVersion1 (1:02:41 PM): gotcha
ZB x R00kie (1:02:55 PM): Is that thread still up?
OreoVersion1 (1:03:04 PM): lemme check
OreoVersion1 (1:03:59 PM): yup
ZB x R00kie (1:04:03 PM): If it is take EVERY single word from this convo and just make a post. I want them to see what I truly mean. I just can't stand going back to that board
ZB x R00kie (1:04:19 PM): Thank you soooo much Excel
ZB x R00kie (1:04:27 PM): Maybe this time they will see what I really mean
OreoVersion1 (1:04:32 PM): no problem dude
ZB x R00kie (1:04:41 PM): Cuz I know iim right
ZB x R00kie (1:05:04 PM): You know I get spoken to about the fox boards in person with alot players
ZB x R00kie (1:05:14 PM): And you know what they say
OreoVersion1 (1:05:18 PM): what?>
ZB x R00kie (1:05:35 PM): "Your fox boards sucks" "nothing but trolls" "nothing but morons" "nothing but a waste of threads"
ZB x R00kie (1:05:57 PM): And I wouldn't say it pisses me off but like really?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
He is wrong, though.
I would like to refer to the posting I made on top of the page - him being so sore because of this thread is a sign that he has no competence as moderator.

Whether or not people say the Fox boards are a mess and a waste of time - that doesn't make him a better staff member. Moderators have responsibilities and have to keep their dignity, which Rookie obviously can't.
And having him as a moderator - I would definitely leave, cause a person who can't take criticism and gets butthurt because not everyone is cheering for him - I don't want to be under their suppression, since those people tend to abuse their powers VERY quickly.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
I was talking to R00kie just a few minutes ago and he wanted me to post this on his behalf since he's isn't quite happy with the boards right now.

OreoVersion1 (12:53:35 PM): what's up?
ZB x R00kie (12:53:57 PM): Excel wassup bro
ZB x R00kie (12:54:06 PM): I gave the mod thing a shot
ZB x R00kie (12:54:12 PM): And I got shot down
ZB x R00kie (12:54:17 PM): So
ZB x R00kie (12:54:22 PM): There you go
OreoVersion1 (12:54:41 PM): yeah...I saw how that went
OreoVersion1 (12:54:45 PM): not good...
ZB x R00kie (12:54:57 PM): Am I wron?
ZB x R00kie (12:55:04 PM): Wrong?
ZB x R00kie (12:55:09 PM): I don't think I am
ZB x R00kie (12:55:23 PM): Everyone I spoke to besides Fenrir said I should be a mod
ZB x R00kie (12:55:30 PM): I mean EVERY fox main
ZB x R00kie (12:55:39 PM): Even fox mains that don't even post on the boards
OreoVersion1 (12:55:59 PM): tbh you did kinda go about it the wrong way
OreoVersion1 (12:56:27 PM): you probably should've had the fox boards recommend you as a mod
ZB x R00kie (12:56:34 PM): How is there a wrong way with the fox boards being as sloppy and unorganized as it is
ZB x R00kie (12:56:49 PM): There is never a wrong that board
ZB x R00kie (12:56:55 PM): That **** is upside down
OreoVersion1 (12:57:15 PM): because other mods are pricks and would like for someone to kiss *** to get power
OreoVersion1 (12:57:40 PM): while some of them are actually chill
ZB x R00kie (12:57:41 PM): Listen... I won't be wrong after you hear this out...
ZB x R00kie (12:59:35 PM): I made a thread because its the BEST way to explain the situation and the fox boards deserve a see at the truth... now why is it when I create the thread, all of sudden the mods want to pretend that there gonna give the fox boards more attention? Is it because I stood up and was making a stand for our board? Are they feeling like they got put on the spotlight for not doing there job? I would say I **** right about that...
OreoVersion1 (1:00:35 PM): wow
ZB x R00kie (1:00:37 PM): Our boards is a troll section
ZB x R00kie (1:00:46 PM): Tell me how that's possible
ZB x R00kie (1:00:52 PM): Its because the mods don't care about our boards
ZB x R00kie (1:01:00 PM): Someone needs to
ZB x R00kie (1:01:09 PM): That's WAS gonna be me
ZB x R00kie (1:01:15 PM): But noooooooooooooooo
ZB x R00kie (1:01:24 PM): You see what I mean Excel...
ZB x R00kie (1:01:38 PM): Can you do me a favor...
ZB x R00kie (1:02:04 PM): Take our entire convo and post it in that thread if it's still up and running...
ZB x R00kie (1:02:14 PM): Like right now...
ZB x R00kie (1:02:22 PM): PLZ
OreoVersion1 (1:02:41 PM): gotcha
ZB x R00kie (1:02:55 PM): Is that thread still up?
OreoVersion1 (1:03:04 PM): lemme check
OreoVersion1 (1:03:59 PM): yup
ZB x R00kie (1:04:03 PM): If it is take EVERY single word from this convo and just make a post. I want them to see what I truly mean. I just can't stand going back to that board
ZB x R00kie (1:04:19 PM): Thank you soooo much Excel
ZB x R00kie (1:04:27 PM): Maybe this time they will see what I really mean
OreoVersion1 (1:04:32 PM): no problem dude
ZB x R00kie (1:04:41 PM): Cuz I know iim right
ZB x R00kie (1:05:04 PM): You know I get spoken to about the fox boards in person with alot players
ZB x R00kie (1:05:14 PM): And you know what they say
OreoVersion1 (1:05:18 PM): what?>
ZB x R00kie (1:05:35 PM): "Your fox boards sucks" "nothing but trolls" "nothing but morons" "nothing but a waste of threads"
ZB x R00kie (1:05:57 PM): And I wouldn't say it pisses me off but like really?
There was more to this but Excel told i should just come back and explain what i truly mean.
Now i know i said i wasnt come back to this board but i really do care about the fox boards and it sucks to see it being turned into a "Troll, Spam, Noob'd" Section of the community. We are suppose to be a character board, organized, on point, discussing etc. I understand we cant always do this ALL the time but it got to a point no one trys and now it turned into this. Also the MODS didnt stop the Trolls, Spams, Noobs so i will blame them for all this as well. The MODS just dont care about the fox boards its that simple

He is wrong, though.
I would like to refer to the posting I made on top of the page - him being so sore because of this thread is a sign that he has no competence as moderator.

Whether or not people say the Fox boards are a mess and a waste of time - that doesn't make him a better staff member. Moderators have responsibilities and have to keep their dignity, which Rookie obviously can't.
And having him as a moderator - I would definitely leave, cause a person who can't take criticism and gets butthurt because not everyone is cheering for him - I don't want to be under their suppression, since those people tend to abuse their powers VERY quickly.
Abuse power? I clearly said i would give all my time to the fox boards and them only, i know whats what on this character board and obviously ya'll dont. I can find 5 threads that are practically spam/troll threads, why arent they gone? And my mission was to clean it up and make it look like what a character board would look like... Cheering for me? I can care less, im a real player that goes to real tournies, if i want cheering i'll get it from them. And what power can i get from this? Im not some dork nerd that stays on the computer all **** day, i actually have a life and make a living. The fox mains know that i know what im talking about and that i would do good for the board. A bunch of you seem to not want to let someone else walk in here and make moves for some weird reason

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Abuse power?
Infracting people you don't like because they oppose your opinion in discussions, etc., yes, I can imagine you doing that definitely after this posting.

I clearly said i would give all my time to the fox boards and them only, i know whats what on this character board and obviously ya'll dont.
lol, no, definitely not mod-material.

I can find 5 threads that are practically spam/troll threads, why arent they gone?
Report them.

And my mission was to clean it up and make it look like what a character board would look like...
We can do that without you being a mod, too. Look at my Fox Boards-Overhaul thread. Want to clean up the boards? We can do that, too. Let's create a list of unneeded threads and give them to SCOTU. The fact that I've taken over the matchup threads and the old exports have been closed in a matter of hours proves that SCOTU does indeed care - we just have to tell him what to do.

Cheering for me? I can care less, im a real player that goes to real tournies, if i want cheering i'll get it from them.
I meant in this thread. Fenrir wasn't patting on your back and saying you're such a good possibility for a mod (since Fenrir didn't suggest you), and neither did I.

And what power can i get from this? Im not some dork nerd that stays on the computer all **** day, i actually have a life and make a living.
Throwing insults again. Nope, definitely not a good mod.

The fox mains know that i know what im talking about and that i would do good for the board.
You being a mod definitely would hurt the community.

A bunch of you seem to not want to let someone else walk in here and make moves for some weird reason
I don't care who becomes mod, as long as it's a reasonable person. Which obviously you aren't. You're self-righteous and an arrogant egoist. Such people are prone to become dictators abusing their powers, and they definitely don't know how to "do good" for their community.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
He is wrong, though.

There was more to this but Excel told i should just come back and explain what i truly mean.
Now i know i said i wasnt come back to this board but i really do care about the fox boards and it sucks to see it being turned into a "Troll, Spam, Noob'd" Section of the community. We are suppose to be a character board, organized, on point, discussing etc. I understand we cant always do this ALL the time but it got to a point no one trys and now it turned into this. Also the MODS didnt stop the Trolls, Spams, Noobs so i will blame them for all this as well. The MODS just dont care about the fox boards its that simple

Abuse power? I clearly said i would give all my time to the fox boards and them only, i know whats what on this character board and obviously ya'll dont. I can find 5 threads that are practically spam/troll threads, why arent they gone? And my mission was to clean it up and make it look like what a character board would look like... Cheering for me? I can care less, im a real player that goes to real tournies, if i want cheering i'll get it from them. And what power can i get from this? Im not some dork nerd that stays on the computer all **** day, i actually have a life and make a living. The fox mains know that i know what im talking about and that i would do good for the board. A bunch of you seem to not want to let someone else walk in here and make moves for some weird reason
Rookie... seriously, I don't want to start something between us, but please stop whining...

yes, other boards disrespect us... but this has happened since way before we lost organization... even before you showed up here. And honestly, who cares what the other boards say about us? These are the character boards... all we should be concerned about is progressing our character... if other players don't like us, they can stick to theirs... why does it matter that much?

Seriously, people have thought we were crazy ever since I dared to state that Fox does pretty well against MK and Marth... and even before that... this isn't a new thing...

And it turns out, the Marth boards decided that my matchup ratio was correct MONTHS after a huge argument... >.> similar idea with MK... the general consensus now is that Fox can beat MK, but do you know how much I went through when I tried to argue that?

Basic point: other character boards seem set on hating the Fox board, for various reasons... if it's not disorganization, it's idealistic fanboys and etc..

I mean, you complain so much about the spam threads, and say you can make everything better, and then when people dare to question you about being a mod (without anybody actually saying you wouldn't...just that you were doing it wrong), you basically turn the very same thread into a troll/whine/spam thread?

spadefox is right, here...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I can find 5 threads that are practically spam/troll threads, why arent they gone?
Possibly because no one has hit the report post button, which for reference, looks like this.

Contrary to popular belief, we mods aren't gods. We don't see everything and sometimes, sadly, rooms do get under watched. Does that mean we don't care? No, it just means we haven't found anyone that we feel would be a great mod for the room. So until we do, if you see a thread that's stupid/spam/troll or just generally unneeded, hit report post. You can't complain about the cops not solving crimes when no one reports them.

This also goes for if there's any threads you think could do with being stickied/unstickied/replaced. Send us a PM. Just because we're not specifically assigned, doesn't mean we can't or won't help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom