• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"This Game Sucks", a brawl and melee tourney. April 26th. Stevens Point, WI

Zicore

Smash Champion
results were something
-singles-
1-tink (wario)
2-CHEXR (kirby/wolf)
3-cosmo (geedubya)
4-mendoza (lucario)
5-daddy (ddd)
5-hunger 1 (dk/MK)
7-james sparrow(Zss)

teams-
1-chexr/aaro
2-tink/mendoza
3-cosmo/zjiin

chansen

Smash Lord
results were something
-singles-
1-tink (wario)
2-CHEXR (kirby/wolf)
3-cosmo (geedubya)
4-mendoza (lucario)
5-daddy (ddd)
5-hunger 1 (dk/MK)
7-james sparrow(Zss)

teams-
1-chexr/aaro
2-tink/mendoza
3-cosmo/zjiin
glad i didnt go....

Zicore

Smash Champion
This tourney was really fun. I am glad so many OOS made it out here. Although there weren't NEARLY as many locals as expected, there was still a good amount of people. I will post results when I get them from Gary and the Pools from sparrow.

GG's everyone.

Also...does someone have a wii-mote that is not theirs? I doubt people will cough it up, but it never hurts to ask...

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
Nice tourney, I really liked the venue you guys got.

Sparrow, sorry I got so pissed after our match. I shouldn't let a technicality get to me like that. The games were really close though! Next time I'll get that last hit in :D

SDM, your ROB is a beast! I don't think I'll get those PKT2 kills next time, so I'm really gonna have to step it up to keep up.

Cosmo, your G&W is scary.

Dude in the hat from Bleach: The killer arrow after you launch someone close to the edge is awesome!

That twin Snake team: DANG explosives everywhere! You're pretty good in singles, too, Grimace.

Everyone else, GG. There were a lot of great matches and a lot of close ones. I'm glad I came.

SlayerOfMe

Smash Ace
Post results already

~Some of my favorite quotes and stuff

Chexr: "Let's **** it up!"

Seanson: "I think I'm gonna work on my paper on the ride back" *falls asleep in the car on the way back*

Zicore: "You're adopted, love Mom and Dad"

Spikes: *high fives*

Teflon: "You pay for my entrance fee and you can keep the winnings"

Sago: *down smashes*

Hunger: *gimps*

5150: "HOT ROD!"

Hayate: *broken English*

Tunuva: "Hey, your brake light is on"

Fun tourney, I'm missing a bunch of people and they know it. GG's all around, post results already.

Zicore

Smash Champion
Cosmo needs to lvl up his Isai...

and that DI proves how much chexr hax...

Post results already...

Chexr

Smash Ace
results were something
-singles-
1-tink (wario)
2-chexr (kirby/wolf)
3-cosmo (geedubya)
4-mendoza (lucario)
5-daddy (ddd)
5-hunger 1 (dk/MK)
7-james sparrow(Zss)

teams-
1-chexr/aaro
2-tink/mendoza
3-cosmo/zjiin
Zicore posted the incomplete results couple pages back

Spittin Wheelie

Smash Cadet
****, I had a great time at this. GG to everyone I played with. I was the dude using lucas who teamed with the kid in the Bleach hat (Aminar - Pit player)

Anyhow, this tourney really gave me some insight into the smash scene and I must say I was impressed. Everyone there was cool, and I walked away a better player.

My one regret was not getting to have matches against some of you guys, but that's just motivation to attend other tournaments.

:lucas:

Banned via Administration
this tournament proved FOR THE SECOND TIME to me that this game is not a tournament level game. it is very fun casually, but simply does not cut it when money is on the line. here's my evidence:

1. toon link can continually camp a ledge (or both ledges :ohwell:) perfectly
2. metaknight can do nothing but b and win
3. lucario can do nothing but roll and smash and win
4. MOST characters are forced to play very defensive
5. the tournament took FOREVER (partly my fault but mostly brawls)

when there are things in a game that are easily read, but near impossible to punish, then the game is not tournament level. and the only counter-arguement to this is that "well counterpicks are alot more hardcore now", but that's just more evidence the game isn't balanced well FOR TOURNAMENT PLAY. A roy can beat a peach in melee if the peach is terrible, but a ddd can't beat a toon link if he just spams projectiles and does his moves (and it's even WORSE if he just stays on the ledge). I like some of the new mechanics in the game (superarmor, how the game pauses a bit when you get a hit, some of the new chars) alot and they def fixed alot of broken **** (cc, certain aspects of smash di, certain combos). But the worst part of the game is how there aren't enough counters to camping like there was in melee (wd, dashdance, powershielding, etc). oh did i mention there's tripping on not only your dashes but also on your moves?

and if you really are trying to play this at a tournament level the first thing you're going to have to do is ban characters, and that's the god's honest truth.

theres nothing more fun than fronzling people w/ fsmash tho lollllllllll

Chexr

Smash Ace
Maybe you should stop playing a ****ty slow character. And stop camping yourself, which is pretty much all DeDeDe can do.

Banned via Administration
Maybe you should stop playing a ****ty slow character. And stop camping yourself, which is pretty much all DeDeDe can do.
that's not too good a counter-arguement chexr, try again (in fact ill give you as many tries as you want, but that won't help you find the holy ****ing grail).

also, you really need to chill out a bit. pretty embarrassing when a guy flipping out when you tell him a stage is banned.

Chexr

Smash Ace
Btw pirate ship wasnt banned, sheet was wrong. Also your counter counter arguement of saying no and stop being angry is a pretty bad one XFD

Top Bottom