• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Third Party Controller Thread

LLDL

Smash Hero
So I left my controller at the tournament, pretty sure M2K has it now (go figure lol). But until I get it back, I was searching online for a cheap controller to use since that was my last one.

And I found this on ebay.

LOOOOOL. I just ordered one because it's soooo weird looking. I'll let you guys know if it's any good when I get it

Edit. Lol, it's trash, but I guess this thread can be used to discuss third party controllers. Maybe a really good one for Melee will surface one day. 100% of them in the market are trash, but maybe one day...

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
I wonder if you could gut it and replace it with official nintendo parts...

LLDL

Smash Hero
I was $11. That's another reason why I got it, it looks close enough to standard size.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
by the looks of the sticks they seem to be hard plastic and not rubber. which is whatever.

most of the time those controllers have rigid face buttons that ruin them but itd be cool if didnt.

really curious about the shoulders and if that LED if for a macro button (opposite Z on many offbrand controllers)

edit:

looks like there is an extra button and the shoulders seem kinda genuine lol

Orko

Smash Apprentice
I'm so ****ing interested

that c stick and those shoulder buttons look janky.
putting it out there.

Bones0

Smash Legend
It'd be great if the control stick (the insides) were the same as the official ones so you could pull them out and replace your stick for $11 every time your stick gets too loose instead of buying a whole new $30 controller.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
It'd be great if the control stick (the insides) were the same as the official ones so you could pull them out and replace your stick for $11 every time your stick gets too loose instead of buying a whole new $30 controller.
i think you can buy the tops for like 30 cents actually.

the problem is the inside of the controller is basically a plastic stick that is held in place by two moving brackets. vertical and horizontal (sometimes one of these is metal in versions of the gc controller) anyway those brackets lose their resistance and thats how you get the whole worn out stick thing that flops around.

and its soldered to the circuit board pcb thing so its pretty much hopeless

zZz

Smash Apprentice
For some reason a friend of mine has one of these as well. It's the controller the "guest of the house" gets to use

LLDL

Smash Hero
Does it work as good as 1st party?
It hasn't come yet, I really doubt it will be as good as the originals since it is so cheap, but I will let everyone know. Should come by like tuesday or wednesday.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Is it possible to get one of those prototype controllers? I'd really like to try one out, the B button seems a lot nicer than the current one.

Bing

Smash Master
I have a 3rd party controller that looks identical to the nintendo ones we all use... but its ****ing terrible.

Also the one I won from Apex in the raffle draw doesnt have nintendo on the front and its like incredibly light in comparison to stock controllers, I think its a custom shell :S

Bing

Smash Master
NEVER BUY THESE! I chose to buy a new Nintendo controller for $50; those controllers are useless.
I bought it because I needed one to play Mario Party with my friends when they come over XD otherwise its useless to me. Ive got 2 legit, worked in, smash capapble controllers that I use, the gold one over the stock Silver.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah we all know all of those 3rd parties are **** lol. The only reason I'm trying this one is because of the unique shape. And it SEEMs to be made out of a different type of shell. If I can switch out some of the buttons, it might end up being good, who knows lol.

Zodiac

Smash Master
usually the biggest problem with these controllers are the analog sticks, I bought one of these

After ten minutes of fox the analog stick literally snapped. TEN EFFING MINUTES

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
^ i saw one of those at a smashfest i was at once...

It was all on the ground and I was like "Oh snap, thats gonna get stepped on," thinking it was one of the orange nintendo made controllers from japan or something, so I picked it up to put it on a table or something and was like "wait a minute... why the hell is this so light..." then realized it wasn't a nintendo controller at all....

Top Bottom