• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Third Party Controller Thread

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Wait, can you actually buy more 1st party GC controllers?

If so, where?

Morin0

Smash Lord

I used to have this controller a long time ago and it was legit. It had fans on the handles so it gets rid of sweaty palms and it really did work! And if I recall correctly, the actual controller wasn't too bad. It kind of sucks that the fans stopped working and then shortly after that, it started shorting out my Gamecube whenever I connected the controller.

gghhh3

Smash Apprentice

I used to have this controller a long time ago and it was legit. It had fans on the handles so it gets rid of sweaty palms and it really did work! And if I recall correctly, the actual controller wasn't too bad. It kind of sucks that the fans stopped working and then shortly after that, it started shorting out my Gamecube whenever I connected the controller.
I have an airflow for my PC. Thing is a champ, been through too much. One of my buddies has a PS2 airflow too. Such an amazing product.

Avalancer

Smash Journeyman

This is my controller.
lol'd so hard, can't imagine how it would work playing PSO. Isn't it awkward to have your hands so far from eachother?

Shorthopping and wavedashing is usually harder to do with 3rd party controllers. My friend once bought a 3rd party controller for 4 bucks and the buttons felt like those stiff rubber buttons you find on older printers. Even if it looks identical to the official controller, most likely some of the buttons (for ex. L & R buttons don't have sliders) are ****ty

Shake

Smash Rookie
Lol I bought a madcatz once for guests... worst decision of my life. The analog sticks would get stuck in one spot, the buttons would make a snap sound when pressed, and the Z button fell out.

Sweet product overall 10/10. (sarcasm)

LLDL

Smash Hero
Haha so it came in today. Just as I thought, the buttons are terrible. Just like any other generic brand controller. BUT, the control stick is the best I've used. If I could switch out the buttons and stuff then there's hope.

Gea

Smash Master
If you can take off the back, see how the buttons work. It's possible you could mod them to be a bit different.

zZz

Smash Apprentice
usually the biggest problem with these controllers are the analog sticks, I bought one of these

After ten minutes of fox the analog stick literally snapped. TEN EFFING MINUTES
hahah the same thing happened to me! It couldn't have been more than 20 minutes and the left stick snapped right in half.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Is that a real item, or just a wishful photoshop?
It's real Mic. I used it to play my 64 matches at apex. The best n64 controller around, only drawback is that it's on the small hands but my hands are small

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried to play Melee using that Resident Evil chainsaw controller? I imagine it would be terrible for Melee, but it would be interesting to try it out.

Fuss

Smash Apprentice
Out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried to play Melee using that Resident Evil chainsaw controller? I imagine it would be terrible for Melee, but it would be interesting to try it out.

Imagine seeing Mango or someone playing with that randomly one day at a tourney.

Jonas

Smash Champion
The Wavebird is not a third party controller.

But yeah, there are wireless third party controllers. I guess you can at least throw them at someone and give them a nasty bruise.

Top Bottom