• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Thinner character, bigger appeal!" Paper Mario for SSB4; Thread migration soon!

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I love Paper Mario games. I'm currently speedrunning Paper Mario on the N64. Got to the Crystal King in 6 hours woo!

Anyways, I think Paper Mario would be such a cool newcomer. He's actually my number 1 most wanted newcomer for Smash 4. Just think of the potential. I don't think I need to say any more after reading all these fun and creative movesets that I've read here in this thread. It speaks for itself.

Like the title says, he has infinite potential. He's not gonna be some Dr. Mario type clone. He's got party members, badges, hammers, you name it.

I don't really come to the character discussion threads that often, but I'm glad that @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 directed me to this one. You officially have my support !

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I love Paper Mario games. I'm currently speedrunning Paper Mario on the N64. Got to the Crystal King in 6 hours woo!

Anyways, I think Paper Mario would be such a cool newcomer. He's actually my number 1 most wanted newcomer for Smash 4. Just think of the potential. I don't think I need to say any more after reading all these fun and creative movesets that I've read here in this thread. It speaks for itself.

Like the title says, he has infinite potential. He's not gonna be some Dr. Mario type clone. He's got party members, badges, hammers, you name it.

I don't really come to the character discussion threads that often, but I'm glad that @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 directed me to this one. You officially have my support !
Thanks to come here. I did the op so that it would be obvious of how much potential he has. Also, do you stream or will you stream your speedrun? I may be able to watch and a lot of speeruners are doing this on speedrunslive.

But then, I just realized something: my third argument in the op isn't mentioned by anyone from what I noticed. I was thinking of replacing it with "Rosalina is confirmed so Paper Mario has no chance.". I see it more recently and it can be countered because, like I said, it does affects his chance but not as much as bowser jr. The main reason is because the need for a character as big potential as he has is still there and more rep for series. In fact, screw it ALL the rpg series needs more rep. Since Rosalina doesn't satisfy to this need, well he can still be there. So if I replace the third argument with this one will you find this better?

Also, I think he's unfortunately, a small ridley case right now. I see a lot of sceptical saying that he's just another mario and that compared to bowser jr (which is based around an already existing character), Paper Mario would have no reason to be in smash. This honestly, I just can;t understand. Ridley has the chance to have quite a big fanbase that understands how the too big argument is irrelevant and I myself think that this argument shouldn't be as much mentioned as it was (and is again but now, this has to do with the direct so it's another story now). Let me just explains why it makes no sense that the "he's just another mario" exists as much in the first place.

What people do is they look at the cover before the book. So, by LOOKING at ridley, I could say he's too big. But by doing some research, such as checking his melee trophy, maybe I would make me doubt instead of not wanting him, I would be even on both side or be in favor with him. The reason is because I looked at both side and doing so makes opinion more accurate and debating more enjoyable (yes they can be enjoyable it's just a matter of how you debate). But by just LOOKING at ridley, I don't have access to the other side which makes my opinion inaccurate without even noticing.

The same ideas applies here. Basically, by hating him just because he's another mario is like saying that you put priority on the appearance of the character and you don't want any unique potential. And the toon link case doesn't help but again I really don't understand why this argument even exists. You hated toon link because he was a clone? You don't like how ganondorf has moveset potential but has the one of c falcon? You hated mr game & watch, rob or wii fit trainer because they were characters you didn't want despite their moveset potentials? Then check this: Paper Mario

Isn't a clone of mario
Is made of paper so he already has a different model structure
Is a character people are familar with.

I think we can all agree that the questions I put above are somewhat popular so why the argument "he's just another mario" exists if the character would clear all those worries that people don't like? It makes NO SENSE AT ALL. It's basically like saying that you don't want him for x reason while the opposite of this x reason, which is what you want, applies to him. (really, maybe I should put this in the counterargument section)
This argument should die in a fire and be reconsidered.

On a side note, I realized that he also has potential in sound effects there was a lot in TTYD and pm64 so I'm asking, fellow supporter, what sound effect do you want to hear for Paper Mario as a playable character? His voice would probably be Charles Martinet but he should also have sound effects so why not? (really, you realize that he truly has infinite potential when he has in tiny details like this).

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Thanks to come here. I did the op so that it would be obvious of how much potential he has. Also, do you stream or will you stream your speedrun? I may be able to watch and a lot of speeruners are doing this on speedrunslive.

But then, I just realized something: my third argument in the op isn't mentioned by anyone from what I noticed. I was thinking of replacing it with "Rosalina is confirmed so Paper Mario has no chance.". I see it more recently and it can be countered because, like I said, it does affects his chance but not as much as bowser jr. The main reason is because the need for a character as big potential as he has is still there and more rep for series. In fact, screw it ALL the rpg series needs more rep. Since Rosalina doesn't satisfy to this need, well he can still be there. So if I replace the third argument with this one will you find this better?

Also, I think he's unfortunately, a small ridley case right now. I see a lot of sceptical saying that he's just another mario and that compared to bowser jr (which is based around an already existing character), Paper Mario would have no reason to be in smash. This honestly, I just can;t understand. Ridley has the chance to have quite a big fanbase that understands how the too big argument is irrelevant and I myself think that this argument shouldn't be as much mentioned as it was (and is again but now, this has to do with the direct so it's another story now). Let me just explains why it makes no sense that the "he's just another mario" exists as much in the first place.

What people do is they look at the cover before the book. So, by LOOKING at ridley, I could say he's too big. But by doing some research, such as checking his melee trophy, maybe I would make me doubt instead of not wanting him, I would be even on both side or be in favor with him. The reason is because I looked at both side and doing so makes opinion more accurate and debating more enjoyable (yes they can be enjoyable it's just a matter of how you debate). But by just LOOKING at ridley, I don't have access to the other side which makes my opinion inaccurate without even noticing.

The same ideas applies here. Basically, by hating him just because he's another mario is like saying that you put priority on the appearance of the character and you don't want any unique potential. And the toon link case doesn't help but again I really don't understand why this argument even exists. You hated toon link because he was a clone? You don't like how ganondorf has moveset potential but has the one of c falcon? You hated mr game & watch, rob or wii fit trainer because they were characters you didn't want despite their moveset potentials? Then check this: Paper Mario

Isn't a clone of mario
Is made of paper so he already has a different model structure
Is a character people are familar with.

I think we can all agree that the questions I put above are somewhat popular so why the argument "he's just another mario" exists if the character would clear all those worries that people don't like? It makes NO SENSE AT ALL. It's basically like saying that you don't want him for x reason while the opposite of this x reason, which is what you want, applies to him. (really, maybe I should put this in the counterargument section)
This argument should die in a fire and be reconsidered.

On a side note, I realized that he also has potential in sound effects there was a lot in TTYD and pm64 so I'm asking, fellow supporter, what sound effect do you want to hear for Paper Mario as a playable character? His voice would probably be Charles Martinet but he should also have sound effects so why not? (really, you realize that he truly has infinite potential when he has in tiny details like this).
Those are all valid points, people who write off Paper Mario (is there a pun there? Cuz paper.. I dunno) because of those reasons really have no idea what they're talking about.

As for sound effects, personally I wouldn't want him to speak. I'd like it better if when he jumped it made that sound from Paper Mario 64. The hammer whack sound and the stomp sound would be used as his other attacks. Then there's the badges that change the sound effects of your attacks, but that's going a bit too far.

Also I don't stream, unfortunately I'm too lazy to figure out all the cables and adapters and all that junk. I just finished my speedrun a couple of minutes ago. Clocked in at defeating Bowser at 7 hours and 11 minutes. Nowhere near the world record of 2 and a half hours, haha.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
To be honest I find Rosalina to be completely non-effective towards another Mario rep at all, especially Paper Mario, who should be its own series

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, i just updated the counterarguments section that i think are more solid. The first one was replace with the things I said above that it was a negative argument that overshadows what people wants and I replaced the third one by saying that Rosalina doesn't satisfies the need that Paper Mario does and therefore still has a chance. It should clearly explains his debate condition now.

EDIT: changed it back to the toon link situation again because I realize that it was more solid. Basically, how could you not like Paper Mario because he's another mario and has big potential while toon link was disliked because of the lack of his potential and being another link? I seriously blame pessimism.

Also I don't stream, unfortunately I'm too lazy to figure out all the cables and adapters and all that junk. I just finished my speedrun a couple of minutes ago. Clocked in at defeating Bowser at 7 hours and 11 minutes. Nowhere near the world record of 2 and a half hours, haha.
There's an rta wiki which should help you to learn more about it: http://papermariorta.wikia.com/wiki/Paper_Mario_RTA_Wiki

Trust me this game is broken in speedruns :)

To be honest I find Rosalina to be completely non-effective towards another Mario rep at all, especially Paper Mario, who should be its own series
The series he represents doesn't matter because he's still coming from a branch of the main series so for either series, he would be added because of how his potential is unique.

But Rosalina does affect his chance not as much as people think though. This is because since Rosalina was chosen, this makes his place more and more less likely to get. But like I said, because Paper Mario would satisfies need that are not satisfied yet, his place is still worthy (I think that bowser jr is the most affected by this since he's from the same series as Rosalina. Rosalina may have been chosen over jr but it can't be the case of Paper Mario since he has less things to do with the main series).

By sound effects, I tough of like in my moveset, his neutral a would do the effect when you successfully do an action command on ttyd. Also, his hammer smash could use the beep sound in the first 2 games. Those are just examples.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, it's weird how there's so much to discuss about him but not enough people come here.

Anyway, I tough of an argument I tried to counter in this thread and now, I think I can counter it more. See, the "another mario" argument not only implies that he could be a clone but it could also implies that if Paper Mario could be in, so is most of the other mario incarnation and there's alot of them. However, I think I found the way to counter it:

First, the character has to have a decent relevancy but the thing is, I can say yes to most of the branch of mario series like mario kart, super mario striker, mario party, mario & luigi, etc... So, how does Paper Mario, an incarnation of mario stands out from those? Well, I said in the op that the fact that he comes from not the main series but this can also applies to some I just named. What I think makes Paper Mario stands out is'n his potential itself but the way that you could implement it.

For the sake of arguments, let's take super mario striker as an example. Just imagine striker mario playable (I know it won't happen but assume that it will), I can tell you right away that he would uses move that reflect soccer since that's what he do in his game. But, even if you can do a moveset just with this (c falcon didn't have much), you would need a general purpose to add him that actually worth the addition (aka, there HAS to be a reason to add him that worth the effort to add him).

What is hard to define is what could be this purpose? Sakurai already talked about them in his criteria but even with this, I could explain easily why striker mario fits them all. However, I noticed one thing when I was playing kirby air ride.

I think we can all agree that brawl and ssb4 uses a lot of design from kirby air ride which was influenced by ssbm. You already know what I'm talking about (challenges, dragoon, smash run, etc...). But what about the "roster" from this game? This "roster" has nothing to do with mario kart but every vehicle has a little sentence that describes how it works. What is very interesting to note is that because of this sentence, all vehicle doesn't work the same way as other one which makes the whole "roster" diverse.

Where am I going with this? Well, this hard to do but imagine the exact same formula and put it in smash it's basically the same base. You different playstyle that makes every character not feel the same.

Knowing this, try to imagine striker mario in smash and you can even try to make a moveset but after you'll finish, you will come into a problem. Even if striker mario have unique moves, his playstyle would need to be stands out but how his playatyle feels different IN HIS GAMES? Yes we know it's soccer but can you go farther? What is particular about him playing soccer in smash? In other words, what is his "signature"? This is where it becomes very tricky because most of the character in smash has a "signature" that can make a player identify to this "signature".

And this is where Paper Mario stands out from other marios: he has a "signature" that can make a player identify to it depending on his tastes. His "signature" would be "light as a paper but has versatile moves". The keywords here is "light" and "versatile" because those never got in a character in smash as of now. You see light characters and pokemon trainer could be argued as versatile but not at the same degree (his gimmick involve switching playstyle while Paper Mario has a one and only versatile playstyle). But in no way I saw "light" and "versatile" in ONE character. Btw, the "versatile" part involves the use of switch-able partners and his diversity in abilities.

Also, I need to dr mario was only added because the roster felt big enough and Sakurai wanted to add as many character as possible (even said that he got to this roster amount without even wanting it). This also implies that he's unlikely now (unless the roster is REALLY complete but still, Paper Mario would go before him).

As for c falcon, I really think his "signature" could've been determined (being a race pilot, he's fast and can destroy his opponent by bumping into them). just this elaborated gives us an unique moveset with an unique base (like fast combos, up special is bumping and do damage, etc...).

TL;DR: The another mario argument shouldn't implies that other marios could get in because you would need to find a "signature" that stands out for this character based on his game and Paper Mario is the one that has enough potential to have this.

Want your opinion on this (please not just likes) because it may be relevant enough as an op material.

To bring this thread to new topics (there's a lot of them), as may know, he has a lot of final smash ideas. I just want to hear you because I'm sure there's other things than crystal star / star spirit (partner summons? bringing his foe to a theater? discuss!!!)

Also, for those who wants him but never posted here, I encourage you to do so that's why there's a supporter list and he deserves support.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Well, it's weird how there's so much to discuss about him but not enough people come here.

Anyway, I tough of an argument I tried to counter in this thread and now, I think I can counter it more. See, the "another mario" argument not only implies that he could be a clone but it could also implies that if Paper Mario could be in, so is most of the other mario incarnation and there's alot of them. However, I think I found the way to counter it:

First, the character has to have a decent relevancy but the thing is, I can say yes to most of the branch of mario series like mario kart, super mario striker, mario party, mario & luigi, etc... So, how does Paper Mario, an incarnation of mario stands out from those? Well, I said in the op that the fact that he comes from not the main series but this can also applies to some I just named. What I think makes Paper Mario stands out is'n his potential itself but the way that you could implement it.

For the sake of arguments, let's take super mario striker as an example. Just imagine striker mario playable (I know it won't happen but assume that it will), I can tell you right away that he would uses move that reflect soccer since that's what he do in his game. But, even if you can do a moveset just with this (c falcon didn't have much), you would need a general purpose to add him that actually worth the addition (aka, there HAS to be a reason to add him that worth the effort to add him).

What is hard to define is what could be this purpose? Sakurai already talked about them in his criteria but even with this, I could explain easily why striker mario fits them all. However, I noticed one thing when I was playing kirby air ride.

I think we can all agree that brawl and ssb4 uses a lot of design from kirby air ride which was influenced by ssbm. You already know what I'm talking about (challenges, dragoon, smash run, etc...). But what about the "roster" from this game? This "roster" has nothing to do with mario kart but every vehicle has a little sentence that describes how it works. What is very interesting to note is that because of this sentence, all vehicle doesn't work the same way as other one which makes the whole "roster" diverse.

Where am I going with this? Well, this hard to do but imagine the exact same formula and put it in smash it's basically the same base. You different playstyle that makes every character not feel the same.

Knowing this, try to imagine striker mario in smash and you can even try to make a moveset but after you'll finish, you will come into a problem. Even if striker mario have unique moves, his playstyle would need to be stands out but how his playatyle feels different IN HIS GAMES? Yes we know it's soccer but can you go farther? What is particular about him playing soccer in smash? In other words, what is his "signature"? This is where it becomes very tricky because most of the character in smash has a "signature" that can make a player identify to this "signature".

And this is where Paper Mario stands out from other marios: he has a "signature" that can make a player identify to it depending on his tastes. His "signature" would be "light as a paper but has versatile moves". The keywords here is "light" and "versatile" because those never got in a character in smash as of now. You see light characters and pokemon trainer could be argued as versatile but not at the same degree (his gimmick involve switching playstyle while Paper Mario has a one and only versatile playstyle). But in no way I saw "light" and "versatile" in ONE character. Btw, the "versatile" part involves the use of switch-able partners and his diversity in abilities.

Also, I need to dr mario was only added because the roster felt big enough and Sakurai wanted to add as many character as possible (even said that he got to this roster amount without even wanting it). This also implies that he's unlikely now (unless the roster is REALLY complete but still, Paper Mario would go before him).

As for c falcon, I really think his "signature" could've been determined (being a race pilot, he's fast and can destroy his opponent by bumping into them). just this elaborated gives us an unique moveset with an unique base (like fast combos, up special is bumping and do damage, etc...).

TL;DR: The another mario argument shouldn't implies that other marios could get in because you would need to find a "signature" that stands out for this character based on his game and Paper Mario is the one that has enough potential to have this.

Want your opinion on this (please not just likes) because it may be relevant enough as an op material.

To bring this thread to new topics (there's a lot of them), as may know, he has a lot of final smash ideas. I just want to hear you because I'm sure there's other things than crystal star / star spirit (partner summons? bringing his foe to a theater? discuss!!!)

Also, for those who wants him but never posted here, I encourage you to do so that's why there's a supporter list and he deserves support.
Unlike the other incarnations of Mario, Paper Mario has his own series. Paper Mario also has the most moveset potential, and his moveset would most likely be the most unique. Also, the only aspect of Mario that seems to be poorly represented is the RPG side. Mario Kart received a level and some soundtracks, Sports received some music and was implemented into an Assist Trophy(Waluigi) as well as Peach's moveset. The "Main" series is clearly represented. That leaves us with Mario Party and the Mario RPG's which both need more recognition.

Paper Mario's Final Smash Ideas:
I'll explain one from each installment.
Paper Mario 64:
Peach Beam/Star Beam, functions similar to Deoxy's Hyper Beam.

Paper Mario TTYD:
Art Attack, using the Gamepad or Wiimote, the player draws circles around the enemies causing light damage and moderate knockback. If using a controller, functions similar to how it worked in TTYD.
SuperNova, mash the A or B button, the more time the button was pressed, the stronger the knockback and damage the enemies will receive.

Super Paper Mario:
Mega Star, Paper Mario uses the Mega Star to grow into an 8-Bit Mario. Invincible to everything and tramples opponents. This doesn't last too long however.

Paper Mario Sticker Star:
Fan Sticker: Blows opponents away. No damage is caused by this, functions somewhat similar to Kyogre.
Scissors Sticker: Paper Mario jumps off the screen and then it pauses, the scissors will cut in random directions. After 5 cuts, the battle resumes. If an opponent happens to be hit, extreme knockback is received almost always resulting in a KO.

Last edited:

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
Art Attack sounds very good on paper, but I'm a bit curious how it would work in practice.
If I remember correctly, the bigger the circle was (or the area) the more damage it dealt to enemies, I don't know if that same rule should apply here as well.
I wonder if it should be the other way around instead (smaller circles, greater damage), because it's probably easier for enemies to avoid the attacks, but I don't know, it also takes less time to draw a smaller circle. So many factors...
Don't get me wrong though, it does sound cool, and a bit unique too. I'm pretty sure you have thought it out, just wanted to give my opinion on it.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Art Attack sounds very good on paper, but I'm a bit curious how it would work in practice.
If I remember correctly, the bigger the circle was (or the area) the more damage it dealt to enemies, I don't know if that same rule should apply here as well.
I wonder if it should be the other way around instead (smaller circles, greater damage), because it's probably easier for enemies to avoid the attacks, but I don't know, it also takes less time to draw a smaller circle. So many factors...
Don't get me wrong though, it does sound cool, and a bit unique too. I'm pretty sure you have thought it out, just wanted to give my opinion on it.
No the size of the circles doesn't matter but you can have 2 enemies in one. As for avoiding, well, do remember that it is a final smash so the cursor could go fast. However, I don't think it should use the ir of the wii remote; using stick is more fair for every controller.

Also, there's PLENTY of ideas but I just like this one because it seems funny and unique. I could see stuff like earth tremor could also work.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman

The people who think that paper mario would play anything like normal mario have obviously never played a paper mario game (at least not the first two games). There's so much that separates him from regular mario, and every other character in the game, it's insane. I think his "signature" or playstyle would revolve around being a light character who delivers slow-yet-powerful smash attacks and versatile specials that utilize a combination of pixls and partners. I also think that his hammer and jump attacks would need to timed perfectly to do maximum/damage knockback and cam be easily be used for combos if they are continued to be timed well. I'm not sure how this would work in-game, but sounds like a cool concept on paper.

Also, Paper mario would have an amazing grab game because of Thoreau

I have a few ideas for some moves that he can use that also fit in with what his playstyle would likely be.

Final Smash- I think the earth tremor star power would be the best choice for an original move, but peach beam, supernova and showstopper could be used as well.

Neutral Special- Ultra Hammer: Paper Mario Twists his entire body and charges his ultra hammer. There is a meter that looks like the meter from TTYD, which is similar to little mac's power meter. The meter charges quickly as you hold down the special and resets completely when the special is released. The meter can reach its max charge in about 1.5-2 seconds. If the hammer is released when at max charge, the damage will be significantly higher ( I think about 30% damage with knockback between the falcon punch and mr. G&W's judge at 9). If you delay using the ultra hammer while the meter is at max charge, the hammer will be released and do pitiful damage (1%, no knockback)

Side Special- Koopa Throw/ Bomb -throw. Basically, Paper Mario would use either koops/kooper's shell dash or bombette's/bobbery's special.

Down Special- Watt/Superguard Paper mario would use Watt to counter an attack. He could also use the superguard to counter an attack. Either move would work. They would both basically work as a copy of marth's counter

Down Special- Vivian/Lady Bow. Paper Mario would have either of these characters drag him into the shadows and then reappear for a brief attack. This move is similar to meta knight's cape and greninja's shadow sneak

Up Special: Ultra Jump. Mario twists his entire body and springs upward. This moves utilizes the same meter that the ultra hammer would used and does more damage and jumps higher when timed correctly with a full meter. The move itself would work similar to fox's fox fire move

Neutral Jab- One Punch, AA- Punch + Kick AAA- Punch + KIck + Hammer

Dash Attack- Mario uses Dashell to ram in the enemy quickly.

F- Tilt- Vivian's Shadow Fist

D- Tilt- Mario hits the floor with a sticker

Forward Smash/ Down Smash/ - A simple hammer smash from 64/TTYD. I think it would act similar to mr. game and watch's forward smash.

Up Smash- Kersti appears and rams upwards.

Neutral Air- Barry surrounds mario for a brief second to deflects projectiles and deals damage for a brief second

Down Air- Thudley's Ground Pound

U Tilt- Mario uses sushie to spray water into the air.

Forward air-Paper airplane attack

Back Air- Flurrie's wind blow

Up Air- Lakilester appears and throws a spiny upwards. The spiny will fall back down onto the stage and deal more damage to foes, but can be defeated as easily as a pikmin.

Grab- Thoreau obviously. I think this grab range would need to be the highest in the game, in order to reflect how thorau worked in super paper mario. Since Thoreau is not connected to Paper Maio's body, Thoreau can't be used to tether recover, which is unlike other characters with long grabs.

Throw- Throreu throws the opponent in any direction

Pummel- Thoreau Squeezes the opponent

Helpless animation- Mario falling to the ground like a sheet of paper. Based on the animation when paper mario hits his head on the sealing with an ultra jump in ttyd.

Roll/Crouch- Paper mario rolls his entire body into a tube and rolls around. Based of the tube mode ability from TTYD

Taunt 1- Something with Tippi/ Tiptron
Taunt 2- Something with Kersti
Taunt 3- Mario faces the the screen and does the "appeal" thing from the first two games.

This is not a complete moveset, just something I thought of really quickly. I'll add more to it later. I think these moves showcase paper mario's unique abilities and reflect what his playstyle would likely be. I tired to reference all four paper mario games with this moveset, but I found it hard to reference sticker star since I don't remember much from that game, which is odd since it's the one I played most recently.

Wow, now I REALLY want paper mario in smash bros. The potential is infinite!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The people who think that paper mario would play anything like normal mario have obviously never played a paper mario game (at least not the first two games). There's so much that separates him from regular mario, and every other character in the game, it's insane. I think his "signature" or playstyle would revolve around being a light character who delivers slow-yet-powerful smash attacks and versatile specials that utilize a combination of pixls and partners. I also think that his hammer and jump attacks would need to timed perfectly to do maximum/damage knockback and cam be easily be used for combos if they are continued to be timed well. I'm not sure how this would work in-game, but sounds like a cool concept on paper.

Also, Paper mario would have an amazing grab game because of Thoreau

I have a few ideas for some moves that he can use that also fit in with what his playstyle would likely be.

Final Smash- I think the earth tremor star power would be the best choice for an original move, but peach beam, supernova and showstopper could be used as well.

Neutral Special- Ultra Hammer: Paper Mario Twists his entire body and charges his ultra hammer. There is a meter that looks like the meter from TTYD, which is similar to little mac's power meter. The meter charges quickly as you hold down the special and resets completely when the special is released. The meter can reach its max charge in about 1.5-2 seconds. If the hammer is released when at max charge, the damage will be significantly higher ( I think about 30% damage with knockback between the falcon punch and mr. G&W's judge at 9). If you delay using the ultra hammer while the meter is at max charge, the hammer will be released and do pitiful damage (1%, no knockback)

Side Special- Koopa Throw/ Bomb -throw. Basically, Paper Mario would use either koops/kooper's shell dash or bombette's/bobbery's special.

Down Special- Watt/Superguard Paper mario would use Watt to counter an attack. He could also use the superguard to counter an attack. Either move would work. They would both basically work as a copy of marth's counter

Down Special- Vivian/Lady Bow. Paper Mario would have either of these characters drag him into the shadows and then reappear for a brief attack. This move is similar to meta knight's cape and greninja's shadow sneak

Up Special: Ultra Jump. Mario twists his entire body and springs upward. This moves utilizes the same meter that the ultra hammer would used and does more damage and jumps higher when timed correctly with a full meter. The move itself would work similar to fox's fox fire move

Neutral Jab- One Punch, AA- Punch + Kick AAA- Punch + KIck + Hammer

Dash Attack- Mario uses Dashell to ram in the enemy quickly.

F- Tilt- Vivian's Shadow Fist

D- Tilt- Mario hits the floor with a sticker

Forward Smash/ Down Smash/ - A simple hammer smash from 64/TTYD. I think it would act similar to mr. game and watch's forward smash.

Up Smash- Kersti appears and rams upwards.

Neutral Air- Barry surrounds mario for a brief second to deflects projectiles and deals damage for a brief second

Down Air- Thudley's Ground Pound

U Tilt- Mario uses sushie to spray water into the air.

Forward air-Paper airplane attack

Back Air- Flurrie's wind blow

Up Air- Lakilester appears and throws a spiny upwards. The spiny will fall back down onto the stage and deal more damage to foes, but can be defeated as easily as a pikmin.

Grab- Thoreau obviously. I think this grab range would need to be the highest in the game, in order to reflect how thorau worked in super paper mario. Since Thoreau is not connected to Paper Maio's body, Thoreau can't be used to tether recover, which is unlike other characters with long grabs.

Throw- Throreu throws the opponent in any direction

Pummel- Thoreau Squeezes the opponent

Helpless animation- Mario falling to the ground like a sheet of paper. Based on the animation when paper mario hits his head on the sealing with an ultra jump in ttyd.

Roll/Crouch- Paper mario rolls his entire body into a tube and rolls around. Based of the tube mode ability from TTYD

Taunt 1- Something with Tippi/ Tiptron
Taunt 2- Something with Kersti
Taunt 3- Mario faces the the screen and does the "appeal" thing from the first two games.

This is not a complete moveset, just something I thought of really quickly. I'll add more to it later. I think these moves showcase paper mario's unique abilities and reflect what his playstyle would likely be. I tired to reference all four paper mario games with this moveset, but I found it hard to reference sticker star since I don't remember much from that game, which is odd since it's the one I played most recently.

Wow, now I REALLY want paper mario in smash bros. The potential is infinite!
I added your moveset in the op as your name in the supporter list. If you need to edit your moveset, well you could edit your post and tell me or post it if it changed alot. I will change it for you.

Oh so this was you who was lurking in this thread a couple days ago; glad that you posted :)

Your moveset is good, as all the others. I think I made my point because if you look in the moveset section, they all have one thing in common: the moves are versatile and diverse. There's a lot of different ways to see him but the playstyle is the same which makes him really clever as a choice.

To complete your moveset, I suggest going to mariowiki. I myself didn't play spm or sticker star but a little reseach allowed me to reference them in my moveset (first in the op).

Finally, yes his potential is that big that it's even legit to say infinite. You just showed an INSTANCE for the character ONLY. Here's also where all his potential is:
  • unique playstyle
  • paper property
  • moves for every attack possible
  • Partner gimmick
  • animations
  • sound effects
  • stages
  • music
  • reveal trailer ideas
  • victory pose
  • palette swap
  • final smash
  • any other aesthetic in his attack (text in final smash or partner icon near hud)
Did I forgot anything? I legitimately never saw this for one character it's just crazy. So you understand why I hate the "he's JUST another mario" argument SO MUCH. It's really ridley all over again (but here it's good because lots of people realized how the too big is irrelevant) and so, I shall do as rdley fan do: sharing my support and tell people that he's not just a good addition but he's an awesome addition!

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I added your moveset in the op as your name in the supporter list. If you need to edit your moveset, well you could edit your post and tell me or post it if it changed alot. I will change it for you.

Oh so this was you who was lurking in this thread a couple days ago; glad that you posted :)

Your moveset is good, as all the others. I think I made my point because if you look in the moveset section, they all have one thing in common: the moves are versatile and diverse. There's a lot of different ways to see him but the playstyle is the same which makes him really clever as a choice.

To complete your moveset, I suggest going to mariowiki. I myself didn't play spm or sticker star but a little reseach allowed me to reference them in my moveset (first in the op).

Finally, yes his potential is that big that it's even legit to say infinite. You just showed an INSTANCE for the character ONLY. Here's also where all his potential is:
  • unique playstyle
  • paper property
  • Partner gimmick
  • animations
  • sound effects
  • stages
  • music
  • reveal trailer ideas
  • victory pose
  • palette swap
  • final smash
  • any other aesthetic in his attack (text in final smash or partner icon near hud)
Did I forgot anything? I legitimately never saw this for one character it's just crazy. So you understand why I hate the "he's JUST another mario" argument SO MUCH. It's really ridley all over again (but here it's good because lots of people realized how the too big is irrelevant) and so, I shall do as rdley fan do: sharing my support and tell people that he's not just a good addition but he's an awesome addition!
Oh wow, thanks for putting my set in the OP! I didn't post in the thread since I figured my comment would be pretty long and I was too lazy to write it all out lol.

I'll take your advice and check the mariowiki for more sticker star attacks and update my moveset once I find some good moves to fill in the blanks with.

Hopefully Sakurai has already seen the potential for PM and decided to make him a character for SSB4!!

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

• unique playstyle
  • paper property
  • Partner gimmick
  • animations
  • sound effects
  • stages
  • music
  • reveal trailer ideas
  • victory pose
  • palette swap
  • final smash
You could add the possibility of enemies or boss characters appearing in a Paper Mario stage or even Smash Run. He has a TON of those to work with as well.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You could add the possibility of enemies or boss characters appearing in a Paper Mario stage or even Smash Run. He has a TON of those to work with as well.
Smash run? Oh... Oh... OMG THAT IS GENIUS!!!

Why I didn't think about that? Do you realize that there's like hundreds of possibilities there? I mean it but there's so much that I don't know what to use in the op. There's no deny that his potential IS infinite and I think I got why: his series is so diverse that you can even tell that it doesn't even FEEL like a mario platformer. Which bring the following question again: own series or mario series?

I'm not kidding he's mario but no ordinary one. How can he be a mario rep if his game doesn't even feel like mario? I'm really wondering now what he should rep even if it doesn't matter in the end but still, I never saw such potential for EVERY other character that should even go before him (ridley, king k rool, mewtwo, etc...). And I have to remind myself that's it's mario after all which, even if it's a fact, I'm even starting to beleive the opposite because he's not THE mario like toon link was THE link (abilities in own series at least). I seriously should kill the another mario argument forever even after a deconfirmation this argument shouldn't exist in the first place.

For boss, yeah you can add it but since I told this in the op and it belong to stage, consider this included as well.

But thank you for making me aware of how underrated he is.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I never though about this other dynamic you've just mentioned - action commands!

Think about it - a big difference between Paper Marios RPG system are the action commands that add a level of action, so to speak. In Smash, maybe beside his paper abilities, this could be a big unique trait he could have! Having to tap A at certain points of attacks (or, say, doing a jab combo in a certain rhythm for maximum damage output) or having the strongest part of a smash attack during a weird time frame (a bar moves left and right with a star in the middle, when the light hits the star is when the attack is strongest).

I totally see Sakurai going this this direction, alongside emphasizing his Paper attributes for most of his moveset. I personally don't think partners will be that emphasized in his moveset or, perhaps, they'll be his final smash.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
In terms of "really unique characters from underrepresented series", Paper Mario is seconded only to Isaac in my opinion. I would still be happy to see him in ssb4.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I never though about this other dynamic you've just mentioned - action commands!

Think about it - a big difference between Paper Marios RPG system are the action commands that add a level of action, so to speak. In Smash, maybe beside his paper abilities, this could be a big unique trait he could have! Having to tap A at certain points of attacks (or, say, doing a jab combo in a certain rhythm for maximum damage output) or having the strongest part of a smash attack during a weird time frame (a bar moves left and right with a star in the middle, when the light hits the star is when the attack is strongest).

I totally see Sakurai going this this direction, alongside emphasizing his Paper attributes for most of his moveset. I personally don't think partners will be that emphasized in his moveset or, perhaps, they'll be his final smash.
I actually did used this gimmick in my moveset for a move.

But sure that is another gimmick potential he has. I think that Sakurai would put the emphasis on both because both action command and partners represent most of how Paper Mario attacks in game. You however, just bring another advantage he has: not only his potential is "infinite" but it's also very versatile. What I mean by this is that you can view the character in a lot of different ways and still reflect the uniqueness of the character. Basically, he has so much potential that he doesn't only have one playstyle but multiple of them and that's another reason that imo, he should be able to switch his partners.

There's a reason why I put every moveset in the op: they are all unique but all have one thing in common. They put the emphasis on how diverse he is while still have a different playstyle from other movesets.

In terms of "really unique characters from underrepresented series", Paper Mario is seconded only to Isaac in my opinion. I would still be happy to see him in ssb4.
I never played golden sun (and I don't know if I'll buy it on vc maybe) but I think I see wehre you're getting at.

EDIT: lol I just bought it :)

There's a thing I just notice: they are both rpgs. It's true that Issac has a great potential (well, according to what I saw in his support thread at least) but I wonder if the fact that it is an rpg has to do with his potential. Think about it: the only rpg series truly represented is fire emblem but this is a strategical rpg not the same has the traditional jrpg. Even if Paper Mario is made by intelligent system, I can tell you that both series feels very different.

I was just wondering do you think the fact that Issac and Paper Mario both come from an rpg series has to do anything with their big potential?

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I never played golden sun (and I don't know if I'll buy it on vc maybe) but I think I see wehre you're getting at.

EDIT: lol I just bought it :)

There's a thing I just notice: they are both rpgs. It's true that Issac has a great potential (well, according to what I saw in his support thread at least) but I wonder if the fact that it is an rpg has to do with his potential. Think about it: the only rpg series truly represented is fire emblem but this is a strategical rpg not the same has the traditional jrpg. Even if Paper Mario is made by intelligent system, I can tell you that both series feels very different.

I was just wondering do you think the fact that Issac and Paper Mario both come from an rpg series has to do anything with their big potential?
I'm 99% sure that Earthbound could be considered an RPG. But I defiantly think that being from RPGs has to do with their potential. Characters from RPGS usually need a wide range of abilities that can certainally make them unique, but can also be difficult to implement into a fighting game.
But if we wanted Paper Mario to feel like Fire Emblem, we would need to add a permadeath option:troll:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Paper Mario = rep for his own series. Make it happen, Sakurai. The potential is incredible, and I don't consider PM to be a core Mario game.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm 99% sure that Earthbound could be considered an RPG. But I defiantly think that being from RPGs has to do with their potential. Characters from RPGS usually need a wide range of abilities that can certainally make them unique, but can also be difficult to implement into a fighting game.
But if we wanted Paper Mario to feel like Fire Emblem, we would need to add a permadeath option:troll:
oh how dare could I forgot about earthbound? (this is a masterpiece after all I'm embarrassed).

I apologize to every mother fan earthbound is a masterpiece and I don't know why it sloped from my mind.

But even with this, I think that a good advantage that other rpgs don't have is that he's technically mario which makes him more recognizable. It's not something that will boost his chances a lot but it's just further enhance the "the character should make people buy the game" criteria more which is nice.

The thing about implementing his mechanics is that I don't necessarily it would be difficult like ness was (here, I have to agree his moveset was quite hard to figure out). I say this because he basically has more than enough to already have a moveset canonically (just look at my moveset in the op most of the stuff here was directly from his game and some were modified either for them to make sense in ssb or to translate properly in ssb). I'm sure ness's moveset had to be taught more because of how you need to translate his attack which doesn't even have animations. For instance, his pk fire can attack rows of enemies canon and it is translated by the fire staying there and multi hitting. Of course you would have to do something like this for some of Paper Mario's abilities but not to the same extent. For example you would have to do this for a partner mechanics but the hammer is pretty straight forward (check my smash moves in the op).

Lol no permadeath I was just saying this because the same company made a different rpg style but Paper Mario doesn't seem like to have been influenced by it which is good because it makes his playstyle untouched.

Paper Mario = rep for his own series. Make it happen, Sakurai. The potential is incredible, and I don't consider PM to be a core Mario game.
I'm quoting this because frankly, I don't know any more. To me, it seemed simple: he's mario therefore, mario rep. But by looking again at the op which basically list all his potential, I think it goes further than this.

It's true that it's undeniable that he's mario but saying that he feels like mario is definitely not even close to be true. And this is where it gets a little complicated because the rpg series has the same charm that makes the mario franchise as good as ever but not represented in the same way. It looks very similar to wind waker for the zelda series but then again, it goes even further. Not only the series represent differently the main franchise but it also completely change the way you experience it and aka playing at all is different. This is when wind waker stops because yes it is represented differently but it does feel like a zelda game because you experience it the same way as you would for any zelda game.

The line between main series and own series is really thin here. What should be considered the main and what should be considered separately? In other words what defines a separate series? Well, I said that what differ from the toon link case is that you experience a Paper Mario game differently than the main series while it's not the case for wind waker. But if I think about it, that's actually what defines a series.
  • Can we all agree that the metroid series tries to put the emphasis on the exploration and the fact that you are alone?
  • Can we all agree that pokemon tries to put the emphasis on the liberty of experiencing the game and thus build a relationship between pokemon?
  • Can we all agree that zelda tries to put the emphasis on the adventure and discoveries?
  • Can we all agree that the super mario series tries to put the emphasis on jumping between platform to reach or solve puzzle to reach a certain goal?
I think I made my point now. What defines these series is a "something" or if you want a "signature" that makes them recognizable and unique in their own game.

Let's apply this to Paper Mario:

Can we all agree that the super mario series tries to put the emphasis on jumping between platform to reach or solve puzzle to reach a certain goal?

The puzzle part is somehow true BUT NOT THE PLATFORM ONE!!! I agree that there is a little platforming but the game doesn't try to put the emphasis on it. In fact, what the game put the emphasis is that you have to fight your enemies strategically with partners and go trough your way doing a certain objective to then reach a certain goal. This is A LOT different if you think about it than the super mario series and therefore, shouldn't be considered the same series.

Now again, I could say the same for mario striker or mario kart (for pretty obvious reason) but it still doesn't change the fact that you need the character to have a "signature" to translate into ssb which will make himself unique. And this can't be done by changing some moves from their games; the character himself has to have this "signature" in his own game. Even C falcon had one and exagerated enough, gave a full moveset from almost nothing but his signature was enough. In other words, you can't create a "signature", the character has to have one in the first place that can be translated into smash.

Since I already proven how Paper Mario has more than enough to be in smash, I think that settles it: he should rep his own series because he wouldn't even feel the same as mario.

But I have to remind you that this DOES NOT BOOST HIS CHANCE. His chance isn't related to what series he would rep; it's how he would play which is from a different series that matters here. There's a big difference.

Wow, I think I should put this in the op in the coming day. It summarize the "just another mario" and what series he would rep in one counterargument.

Finally, this message will be the 500th replies to this thread WOOHOO:colorful: Also, I said that we could get 20k views before E3 and we just hit 19k so please make this happens and spread the word on how he would be a great addition (implying that my sig doesn't do it :chuckle: )

Thanks for your support and you should keep it up! ;)

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Paper Mario definitely deserves his own icon and victory theme, especially if Meta Knight received his own victory theme in Brawl.

Last edited:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I'm hoping for him and Ridley. Those are my two most wanted, if you will. I love Metroid and Paper Mario. TTYD is my alltime favorite Mario game and one of my top 5 favorite games overall. It's a great series and I'd be very happy to see it in this edition of Smash Bros.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well after the great news of the invitationnal (AND THE AWESOME GAMECUBE CONTROLLER HYPE), Nintendo published a little description of every players invited in their Facebook page. There's a spot that says "favourite Nintendo character" and 2 of them got my attention:

and

It's nice to see some TTYD love here :)

Well, Paper Mario supporters YOU KNOW WHO TO ROUT FOR!!!

(I hope they will at least mention it lol).

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
It's kind of funny that neither of them said that TTYD was one of their favorite games yet they say that their favorite Nintendo character is from TTYD. I'll definitely support them. . . And whoever plays as the Villager!

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Would Paper Mario be in the Mario Series of Characters or would he start a new series Paper Mario?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Would Paper Mario be in the Mario Series of Characters or would he start a new series Paper Mario?
Explained in the op under series representation but for a short answer, the latter would make more sense than the former even considering that we are still talking about mario.

He should have a Mr. L skin.
At least give it to luigi if not playable that would be good.

It's kind of funny that neither of them said that TTYD was one of their favorite games yet they say that their favorite Nintendo character is from TTYD. I'll definitely support them. . . And whoever plays as the Villager!
Well, consider this: if I was asked the same question, I would've answered SSBM and kirby air ride. This is because city trial is so addicting even with 3 cpus so I could burn time a lot on a desert island while TTYD... I spent so much time investigating this game that there's nothing to check any more not to mention that once you beat TTYD, it's finished and the only thing you still have after is the memories when you played it and they are so enjoyable. Since I already finished the game, I still have my memories when I played it on December 2012 so, if I already have those memories, I don't need to play it any more and move on.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
So ... uh ...

I really hope he's in :(
I hope the rumors about Japan highly requesting him are true. It seems no one will consider how unique he could be due to the fact that people can't get past that he's another Mario. Paper Mario has the unique moveset potential that Sakurai is looking for in this Smash.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Well, my hopes are that to America he's that one WTF random, highly "I didn't know I wanted him till I saw him" character. And if a Paper Mario sequel comes to Wii U ... they could tie his reveal in :]

And yes, he honestly does. He's ripe for the picking if you ask me. Even if I didn't heavily support him, I'd still agree he's got alot of potential.

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
I'm now replaying TTYD for the 4th time, one of my favourite games ever and I totally support Paper Mario. Plus, I love the moveset you all have created.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yeah me too I hope (seriosuly, last week, on one night, I literally dreamt that he was confirmed with a trailer lol that isn't daydreaming that's a true dream).

Speaking of hoping, I think I need to do a little recap of his situation and do an easy week end to contain our hype and prepare for anything.

Paper Mario was my most wanted since I visited his thread for the first time. I realized that this was a candidate that was taken quite seriously like bowser jr, toad and to a bigger extent, waluigi. At this time, I already did 5 months of glitch hunting for TTYD and for personnal reasons, I was on hiatius. I already played PM64 too so I already had a good idea of his potential.

TTYD became my second favourite game of all time (first is SSBM since it changed my life by introducing me to love video games). I loved this game because of how insanely detailed and how markable it was when I played it. Even after my glitch hunt, I still love this game and I was even looking forward to continue my great experience (which I did last January before realizing how I pushed this game to its limit and so, it was too well made). Playing TTYD was amazing and to this date, no RPG (not even chrono trigger and earthbound) amazed me that much. There was a lot of reasons which I explained in my review in this thread earlier.

However, when I realized that the whole series was only represented by trophies and stickers, I just couldn't understand it. Why M&L got one music (which is not even from the best choice) and Paper Mario doesn't even get one? I have a personnal theory regarding SSE but still, it was definetly injustice. You do not treat a masterpiece like this since every other masterpiece made by Nintendo are mostly properly reped. This is where I began to not only posts here but express my first opinion text supporting him.

Months later, this thread was dying and everyone just seemed to not care about him. I think it was after the DDOS that the thread got a little activity but it wasn't that much. I was too shy to talk heavily about him but it was about to change...

It just happens that I played TTYD to record footage for an English movie and for some reason, this just awoken me. "Hey, why I don't bump the thread and give stronger support?". That is where I began to motivate and eventually, became to operate the thread. I did a whole revamp of the OP and modified it along the way to make it as complete as you can see.

I began rooting for his potential since he has in every department such as summons type switch mechnincs, action commands, badges, animations, stages, music and many, many more. With 4 games (and hopefully a 5th one), Paper Mario is a series that is still enjoyed today and I don't think is in way of dying. We may be sceptical due to the fact that there's practically no evidences supporting him but we can sure hope because there's a motivation to add him that we and hopefully Sakurai want. Even if the character isn't there, then why not the theather from TTYD as a stage or one of the best soundtrack from the series? Heck I'll even be happy to see an assist trophy but I just want something other than trophies.

We all hope, we all dream, we all support but the reality is that it just may not happens. We need to be ready to take this. Rewatch the direct or other trailers that would tell you why this game is so far looking awesome and that will be no matter what happen with Paper Mario. I suggest to take confirmed stuff as granted and to move on and accept that our hope may just not be there. I wouldn't even dispointed no matter what happen because I don't enjoy the game just for the character but for every contents the game offers as I consider the whole game a masterpiece.

I'm going to take it if it doesn't happen even with sadness but we can't do everything. There's a point where you would need to move on even after trying. If Paper Mario isn't your most wanted, then, I suggest to relay this message to your favourite support thread so that you could take this week end as a recap to remind you how awesome this game is and how you should be ready for the worst but expect what is granted so that you and your thread pass can easy week end.

And this ends my pre-E3 motivation post, I have a question for you:

Do you think that we will hear about Paper Mario in every form on June 10? This includes games, SSB4 rep or anything related to his series.

So, Paper Mario supporter, I wish you a great week end as it's the last one before E3 starts and I'll hope you'll enjoy this E3. Since I'm going to play mario kart 8 to burn my time, here's an hype music that is IMO, the best music in the game.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Good read aldelaro. I too am in the same boat as you. PPTYD is up there for my favourite games of all time. We all have to accept that this possibility may not be true and it may not be the case. But, if we got even the littlest represenation of Paper Mario i'd be happy. A stage would be awesome too, but here's to hoping. Maybe we'll even see a Paper Mario game? A guy can hope.

I wish you guys all the best, even if he doesn't appear, perhaps his chances aren't over. But I'm not one to be delusional, just hopeful. And everyone has their pipe dreams (ba-dum-ch)

I may do a stream of me playing Paper Mario. Maybe. Idk it'd be fun to do I guess. Maybe the Pit of 100 trials even.

But, hopefully, within a week, we can come back to this thread to see it stickied.

A guy can hope.

Top Bottom