• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thinkin about going pro so....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mErCifuL_MooRodur

Smash Rookie
I can really use some practice. Im good but i understand you gotta be more than just good to win tourneys. So if you wanna give me your brawl code, i'll add you and we can schedule a match.

Brawl Code: 4640 3071 5307

thanks

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
What's so great about you? there have been hundreds of smashers why are you worth S*** sorry if I seem rude but why should you even be above decent compared to other people?

vZakat

Half Genie
Playing online isn't exactly a good way of improving. online and offline play are very different. Find people to play in person, that's where to start.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Can you? really can you focus your mind to go beyond the known limit? You need to be humble and NEVER stop. No limits of any kind.

But brawl isn't beyond hard like melee so you should have an easier time than I ever will

mErCifuL_MooRodur

Smash Rookie
yea i understand, like i've been like to one tourney when i was like 17 and killed it. now that im back into it i want to be back on my prime again, i kno they're alot of good ppl out there and i kno i'll get beat but thats how you get better right?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Yes the more you play and learn the better. I was just saying that because if you could be pro you would be pro(not at firsy of course) but yeah never give up also not trying to pressure you but I've heard of quite a few brawl pros that came from melee I know ally, m2k, and someone esle i've heard of playing melee first. maybe azen but I don't know.

holypho

Smash Apprentice
you get better if the person your playing wants you to get better lol... I should know

mErCifuL_MooRodur

Smash Rookie
Yea i played melee 1st too, and i was at my prime, but since they kinda watered down Marth, i had to get used to him again since he's a lil different than melee

scarletshinobi

Smash Cadet
Just don't expect yourself to be great or to win. if you do you might just disappoint yourself and destroy your own morale. If you lose, just think about how you can get better so that next time your chances of winning are higher.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
And who the hell are you?
Yeesh, ICG, way to kick it into ******* mode.
I don't lie why should anyone be able to say I am going to be the best? they are emypy words I won't even lie to myself. I want to be the best pichu player ever and I told myself the same thing and really it was more of a test of self-faith if you don't think there is any reason why you shouldn't be better simple as that I doubt you will.

I'm not saying i'm amazing or anything i'm simply being truthful also sorry to be a douche but I won't lie to people other than in rare cases.

Sasha- yes he does i was a stiaght douche and I still won't take that back. Becuase you have to want it more than anyone esle.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I don't lie why should anyone be able to say I am going to be the best? they are emypy words I won't even lie to myself. I want to be the best pichu player ever and I told myself the same thing and really it was more of a test of self-faith if you don't think there is any reason why you shouldn't be better simple as that I doubt you will.

I'm not saying i'm amazing or anything i'm simply being truthful also sorry to be a douche but I won't lie to people other than in rare cases.

Sasha- yes he does i was a stiaght douche and I still won't take that back. Becuase you have to want it more than anyone esle.
It's not a matter of being truthful or not. A guy came in and said he wants to get better, and you, for absolutely no reason, told him he's nobody and he's not good. Not only was it irrelevant to what he's saying, but it was completely uncalled for. That's not how you should act to someone who is looking to improve.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
EVERYONE can get btter I believe the only limit is your self. He said he wanted to be a pro so I let him in on the facts. Sorry but as long as he enjoys the game and wants to improve there shouldn't be a limit.

What more do you want me to say? I said I was sorry before you posted. I also fully admited I was a totally douche.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
actually going to tournaments is an even better way, to meet ppl to
emphasis on this phrase. Even if you might get wrecked at a tournament, you're guaranteed to find people there, and most likely at least one will be relatively close to where you live. Just don't go to any big expensive $20 tourneys until you get better.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
tips on how to get good.

1. pick MK

2. make sure you have located your b button

3. profit

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think the constructive comments you were going to get have already been said, this thread can only go downhill (more so).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom