• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Think of a Nintendo character that you really hate...

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
(Assuming that you're a competitive player and participate in a lot of tournaments...)

Now, would you main that character if he was Top Tier and all of your favourite/best characters from previous Smash games were Low and Bottom Tier?
Would you use him/her in a tournament if the prize was $10,000 because s/he is the only character that has a 90% chance of dominating the whole tournament?
I'm just curious.

green wario

Smash Rookie
any nintendo character? I hate Didy kong. I was in a tornament agienst him. it was the finals. I won with pit. my brawl records say ive never played as that character.:mad:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I don't think I'd ever play as Waluigi.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
No. Because the one Nintendo character I hate is Waluigi, and Waluigi (if there is a God) will never become a playable character in any Smash game.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
(Assuming that you're a competitive player and participate in a lot of tournaments...)

Now, would you main that character if he was Top Tier and all of your favourite/best characters from previous Smash games were Low and Bottom Tier? I'm just curious.
I play characters I think are fun to play and suit my style in Competitive play. I do not play them based on how much I like them as a character. For one thing, I have not played Toon Link's games nor have I yet to play any Kid Icarus games.

How much I like a character and their design might prompt me more or less to try them out. But I would never choose mains based on superficial and non-metagame-based things like that.

Banzai_Kitten

Smash Cadet
Daisy. So annoying. Especially in MK:DD. Every time you switch, "Hi I'm Daisy." Still if she wasn't as annoying in Brawl, I would give her a chance just like every other character.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i dont hate any nintendo char that much, but i main sonic so that in itself says that i dont play high tiers just for that

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
No ROB. Ever.
But I did use Bowser in melee thats a low teir anyway.

16BitAlex

Smash Rookie
I would personally either kill myself or Shigesato Itoi if Lucas were made a god without having the game that he starred in coming to the US. I would also kill myself if Pit or the Ice Climbers were massively improved, they were only footnotes in Nintendo's history. (At least I like ROB and G&W)

Then again, I hated Zelda WW and yet enjoy using Toon Link.

I would gladly play as Krystal, Daisy, or Waluigi. Come on people, think of characters who are actually bad.

Okay, the guy right above me doesn't like ROB. I'll let that slide because he seems to like Toon Link.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Yes, i do use Metaknight :D but i don't really want to because i hate him but he's addicting to use :p
Hmmm...that's funny. I'm thinking about dropping MK, too. There's no challenge in using him. unlike Lucario and Wolf, which took effort to learn, MK is too **** easy.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I would personally either kill myself or Shigesato Itoi if Lucas were made a god without having the game that he starred in coming to the US. I would also kill myself if Pit or the Ice Climbers were massively improved, they were only footnotes in Nintendo's history. (At least I like ROB and G&W)

Then again, I hated Zelda WW and yet enjoy using Toon Link.

I would gladly play as Krystal, Daisy, or Waluigi. Come on people, think of characters who are actually bad.
Well that's just odd, IMO. If I read you correctly, you say that the more significant a Nintendo character is to the company's history, the better they should be in SSB?

Well, that's definately not the case here. Link and Ganondorf are extremely important characters to an extremely important franchise, and they're both rather low tier, and Pit and apparantly Mr. Game & Watch are respectively high tier and top tier.

Oh, and I'm all for other people's opinions and respecting them, but no, Waluigi is stupid. He's very annoying, unappealing (and sadly, he's supposed to be), and just another gimmick (Hey! Lets make an evil Mario! We'll call him Wario... ... ...Hey! People actually like Wario! Now lets take that concept and run it into the ground with Waluigi...and then WaPeach, WaBowser, WaYoshi, WaMario...WaWario...) Waluigi is an example of how not to go about creating a character.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Well that's just odd, IMO. If I read you correctly, you say that the more significant a Nintendo character is to the company's history, the better they should be in SSB?

Well, that's definately not the case here. Link and Ganondorf are extremely important characters to an extremely important franchise, and they're both rather low tier, and Pit and apparantly Mr. Game & Watch are respectively high tier and top tier.

Oh, and I'm all for other people's opinions and respecting them, but no, Waluigi is stupid. He's very annoying, unappealing (and sadly, he's supposed to be), and just another gimmick (Hey! Lets make an evil Mario! We'll call him Wario... ... ...Hey! People actually like Wario! Now lets take that concept and run it into the ground with Waluigi...and then WaPeach, WaBowser, WaYoshi, WaMario...WaWario...) Waluigi is an example of how not to go about creating a character.
Mr. Game and Watch is pretty important actually.

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
I don't really hate Nintendo characters, but if I actually think for a while, I'll probably find one. But either way I don't really play considering tiers.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Mr. Game and Watch is pretty important actually.
Oh yes. There was definately a Game & Watch fanbase before Melee. What was I thinking? He did for Nintendo what Sonic did for Sega. Nintendo would have never succeeded without specifically him or his LCD games.

Sonic527

Smash Apprentice
First I gotta figure out which Nintendo character I hate the most... I guess that owl that never shut up in Zelda Orcarina of time lol.

Anyway, I would never use him, heck I never used Marth and he was top tier.

16BitAlex

Smash Rookie
Waluigi is stupid. He's very annoying, unappealing (and sadly, he's supposed to be)
That's why I like him.

Fine, I'll hate Pit because at the casual level I play at right now he's spammy, and Lucas because I can't use PK Thunder to save my life.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
Does FE count as Nintendo? Since they're actually created by a separate company, but all of their games appear on Nintendo consoles exclusively... eh, what the heck, I'll say it's Nintendo.

Anyways, I'm a big old-school FE fan, and I just don't seem to like the games after FE7. FE8 was pushing it, and I don't really like Ike. At all. My hatred doesn't run that deep, so I guess I could stand maining him.

Sonic, though... Wow, you could not pay me enough to use him in a single battle, much less main him.

The reverse doesn't hold true, though. That is, I don't main my favorite characters, no matter how much I like them. I mostly use Snake, Diddy, Samus, Luigi, and MK right now, but none of them are as awesome as Yoshi. Of course, Yoshi and Smash have never mixed well, so I don't main him.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
R.O.B.

He sucks. I hate him.

He's good too. I just don't want to play that piece of crap. I'd rather main Snake and be called a n00b. (I like Snake though. I just can't play the guy. >.<)

Hadouken

Smash Rookie
What nintendo character do I hate...

Daisy hate her with all my heart. Everytime in mario party its her turn I shake the wiimote in anger which actualy makes the character Im using yell at her.

But anywho back to the point. No even if she was tier I wouldnt use her instead Id add every one who did use her to my hate list

Newskool

Smash Cadet
There are so many characters I could list, including

Vatti- No way in hell. I'd feel so dirty...
Prince whats-his-face-hold-on Peasley I think from Mario and Luigi SS- I'd get one kill, taunt, hear that godforsaken LAUGH, and forfeit right there.
Pokey- I'd hold my opponent at gunpoint, make him/her play pokey, play ness, and live out my violent earthbound hate-fantasies. "Not so tough now, are ya, you tub of ****!"

Top Bottom