• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you feel are wrong in SSB4?

Lemon Girl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maguitus
3DS FC
0147-0570-9943
People want more reps from Metroid. I love the series to death, but honestly tell me, WHO exactly would you add from Metroid? Anthony? Dark Samus? MB? The hunters maybe, but they are pretty much Samuses with different aesthetic features (all of them can morph ball for example). I don't think we need yet another Samus, Anthony is a regular human with a cannon, MB can go die in a hole and the bosses are out of the question for obvious reasons.

PartyHat

Smash Rookie
Lack of variety in Online Mode.

But saying that, I'm really happy about Nintendo realising that Online-Gaming is a huge thing

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
People want more reps from Metroid. I love the series to death, but honestly tell me, WHO exactly would you add from Metroid? Anthony? Dark Samus? MB? The hunters maybe, but they are pretty much Samuses with different aesthetic features (all of them can morph ball for example). I don't think we need yet another Samus, Anthony is a regular human with a cannon, MB can go die in a hole and the bosses are out of the question for obvious reasons.
Ridley and Dark Smaus would both be good characters.

Grass

Smash Lord
>Ridley
/kappa

Lack of variety in Online Mode.

But saying that, I'm really happy about Nintendo realising that Online-Gaming is a huge thing
people do play the same characters over and over again. Rarely do I get a good megaman ditto. :(

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ridley and Dark Smaus would both be good characters.
Rundas, Ghor, and Gandrayda would all like a word. The bounty hunters in Metroid Prime Hunters were designed to be like Samus, but bounty hunters in Prime 3 were NPCs and bosses so there was much more liberty for them be unique characters.

I'd love to have Rundas since there aren't many ice elemental characters aside from... Oh wait, there was only one ice elemental character(s) and that was the Ice Climbers. Rundas would be a more bulky, defensive character compared to Samus so, he'd be the Ike or Ganondorf to Samus.

Gandrayda's weird since she's a shapeshifter with electric powers. Hmm, I guess all of her attacks could be based on different Metroid characters. In a way, she'd be the "cloniest" character since she'd have no "original" moves even if those moves were never seen in SSB, but in Prime 3. Also, she'd be like a summoner character who "summons" to attack and she'd be a bit like Mega Man who uses other people's powers alongside hers.

Ghor would literally be Little Mac in terms of normal and Final Smash gameplay. For starters, normally, he'd be this lanky cyborg who could be the speed character of Metroid. When he uses his Final Smash, he'd put on armor and go to town on people at the cost of speed and having a much larger hitbox.

The only issue is that Metroid only has 1 protagonist, Samus, 2 recurring enemies, Ridley and Dark Samus, and 1 very well-known boss, Mother Brain. After that, you have your generic enemies, generic NPCs, and one-shot characters who are one-hitter-quitters since almost all of them never return for another game or outright die in their single appearance.

Well, we could just pretend "Samus" is SA-X and Zero Suit Samus is the real Samus and call it a day. Hey look! 2 Metroid characters who aren't clones like the Star Fox, Zelda, Mario, Mother/EarthBound, and Fire Emblem characters. :p

Last edited:

Sunshine Jesse

Smash Rookie
Grindy single player.
Smash Run is too short.
A few characters I really wanted to main don't fit my playstyle at all (hi Robin).
Too few decent stages.
The general implementation of For Glory.

Multiple air dodges.
LACK OF INFORMATIVE PATCH NOTES

aside from that, I like it for what it is.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
-:4dk: and :4bowser: Don't sound like themselves.
-:popo: and :wolf: are cut.
- Lack of Villains
-Smash Tour
-Worst of all NO ADVENTURE MODE! :(

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
- Lack of Villains
-Smash Tour
For reference, I don't remember who, but they confirmed that Bowser uses voice clips from Mario Kart 64. Yeah...

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
- Lack of Villains
-Smash Tour
I agree with everything but the last one, I can do without a Adventure Mode honestly.

Also, this is apparently Japan exclusive. Such a crime.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
The lack of a DK newcomer, be it Dixie Kong or King K. Rool, is probably the most glaring omission for me. Oh yeah, and the soundtrack is extremely disappointing. Most of it is recycled from Brawl, and did we really need more remixes of DK Island Swing and Mute City? I prefer the more cohesive soundtrack that Melee offers. They shouldn't have haphazardly let every random composer under the sun arrange whatever song they want.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Fox's lack of shine-spike is wrong, and Falco's laser end-lag is unBEARable.
I think you meant: unBREADable... *crickets chirping* ... I'll be in my sad corner.

A new wrong for me: the ability to tech Flame Choke. Really, what the hell? I can't wait to tech Koopa Klaw...

Grass

Smash Lord
I think you meant: unBREADable... *crickets chirping* ... I'll be in my sad corner.

A new wrong for me: the ability to tech Flame Choke. Really, what the hell? I can't wait to tech Koopa Klaw...
flame choke was always techable. lol

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
Personally I feel that Smash Run has a lot more replay value and is more fun than Smash Tour. I wish Smash Run was on the Wii U version.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ganondorf bottom tier
Ganondorf bottom tier :3

seriously, he's terrible now.
No ****. Would you like him on top of you? Hell no. He'd crush you with his 230 cm (7'6") and his like 136kg (300 lbs) of muscle, fat, and what his armor weighs. You never want Ganondorf on top; you make him bottom like what Twilight Princess, dominatrix Zelda does. :p

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
For reference, I don't remember who, but they confirmed that Bowser uses voice clips from Mario Kart 64. Yeah...
I prefer they go with the times and get Kenny James

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
Kirby still can't bloody wall jump :/

Mario, Sonic,Pikachu and Toon Link can do it. That's cool they're all agile and stuff

Megaman, Villager and even Pac Man can too?
Why not Kirby!? XP

KH1COM2

Smash Boss
Most of the people that want another Metroid Rep are Ridley fanboys. But that goes without saying.

Now as far as another Metroid rep, I honestly wouldn't put it passed Sakurai to make Dark Samus. I mean, the guy did add Dark Pit to Sm4sh :glare:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Most of the people that want another Metroid Rep are Ridley fanboys. But that goes without saying.

Now as far as another Metroid rep, I honestly wouldn't put it passed Sakurai to make Dark Samus. I mean, the guy did add Dark Pit to Sm4sh :glare:
Assist Trophy for you says Sakurai.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Personally I feel that Smash Run has a lot more replay value and is more fun than Smash Tour. I wish Smash Run was on the Wii U version.
Me too... I wish that Smash Tour never existed and that Smash Run is on both versions.

I wouldn't mind Fusion Suit Samus... why does regular Samus not have ice beam? That's why I want Fusion Suit Samus... she uses ice missiles. :awesome:

And the reason I am not convinced to support Ridley is because the fans repeatedly made hideous resized models where he stands on two lanky legs... Ridley shouldn't be standing on two legs... it just feels so wrong to me. He should be squatting the whole time just like in Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion... this way, when Ridley floats (like when you hold the jump button to keep Peach floating) he can stab with his tail while squatting just like in the games. Ridley shouldn't be running on two legs... he should run like Bowser used to do in Melee and Brawl (just make the wings flap to make it look believable).

Last edited:

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
I still think it's pointless to play captain hindsight on Chrom stating the could'ves, should'ves and would'ves while patting ourselves on the back for already creating a "unique" (and still non-existing) moveset for the guy. On paper, all of the world's problems can be solved in the blink of an eye.

Anyways, don't get me wrong, for a while I wanted Chrom but I was worried about what kind of attributes he could bring because (and let's accept this) he is yet another Lord with a sword, not so different from Marth or Ike. There is very little he can bring to the table that hasn't been done before in Smash before.

Robin on the other hand is a much fresher idea, he brings the magic swordsman archetype which is something that hasn't been done in Smash before. Yes, Chrom can reclass but so can Robin so that is not a unique to him. Despite this element, Chrom is presented in the story and during gameplay (initially) as a swordsman; it's his ability with a sword that is brought to the audience's attention from beginning to end, whatever you decide him to become is up to the player but storywise this doesn't change. As for Robin, he is presented as a tactician who can wield magic tomes and swords, something that is very unusual even in Fire Emblem.

When hunting for characters in Smash, it's easy to see these two side by side and think "Well, one is a swordsman. Cool but we got two of them already. This other one uses magic and swords, this could be interesting...". Yes, I know people around here like Chrom, but from an objective viewpoint Robin brings much more diversity to the roster and possess a play-style unlike the other characters from his/her franchise that a lot of players might find appealing to use.

I'm not saying that Chrom would have never been unique nor he wouldn't have been a clone or not, although we will never know, but when seeing why Robin was chosen it's just a no-brainer. A mystic knight-esque character as him really stands out the most. So I'm definitely certain that he was the best choice of character that was made for Fire Emblem.
I agree with what you said but man it was so hard to understand..

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754

*wanting a character from a series in=automatic fanboy*

Ok. But as for Dark Samus, I actually wanted it in. 3 Samuses would replenish my salt supply, and Dark Samus couldn't be a clone for obvious reasons, Assist alone says that.

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
Has anyone ever played CPU Sheik level 9 and have it just spam it's up-b continuously? Not that it's hard to escape that but if you don't try to escape it the CPU will seriously keep going. I don't know. maybe it's just me.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Oh yeah. Update Changelogs. Not just "Things changed. Not telling you what though."

And Git gud comments.

Zoa

Smash Ace
New complaint.

Hitboxes and hurtbox registration.

Seriously. **** that. Especially to my Lucario. Just wtf.

Top Bottom