• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you feel are wrong in SSB4?

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
1. The game sending you back to the title screen after 5 minutes of idling in the Wii U version(THIS EVEN HAPPENS ONLINE)

2. Ledges being TOO rewarding.

3. Rolls being TOO rewarding.

4. The main theme sucks.

5. No SUPER SMAAAAAAAAASH BROTHERS

6. Single player leaves the same bad taste in my mouth that I get from MMOs. RNG and Grinding.

7. RNG being a factor in anything(rage, etc)

8. Sakurai's asinine roster decisions.

9. A uncomfortable amount of characters have counters

10. FG being Final Destination: The Mode. This would've been an ideal mode for me since I don't have any RL people to play with.

11.The online rules in general.(except being banned for dcing)

12. Customs being a massive pain and not as great as I was hoping(some are too broken, some are just average, and too much trouble to unlock)

13. Paywalling Mewtwo. I seriously hope having both versions isn't going to be the only way to have him. This won't affect me, but it's still BS making him a 40(or 60) dollar DLC.

14. No truly unique Final Smash. Every final smash functions with the same concept as other Final Smashes or items except Donkey Kong and Peach.

15. The absurd difficulty of Special Orders.

16. Custom stages not being shareable, but that's getting fixed in a later update anyway.

17. Stamina mode not being touched up on since its implementation in Melee. 150-999 HP matches are fine and all, but what about that+ stock battle?

18. Ridiculous stage hazards. Go to hell flying man, seriously.

NNID
MasterHavik
There's not much you can do as you land other than attack, since air dodging is so unsafe, so you always risk things like a dash attack or dash grab. As far as mobility on the ground it'd be nice to have some better options than just dashing or rolling, like maybe a faster walk for all characters. Also, wavedashing is great in SSBM since it lets you stay mobile even out of shield and you can do anything out of it.
Well...perfect pivoting makes things more fun. at least.

D

Deleted member

13. Paywalling Mewtwo. I seriously hope having both versions isn't going to be the only way to have him. This won't affect me, but it's still BS making him a 40(or 60) dollar DLC.
It was confirmed that Mewtwo will be available to purchase separately if you don't have both versions.

1amayzingman

Smash Cadet
NNID
1amayzingman
I love the game, however I feel like it is still a bit to floaty. No where near as much as Brawl was, but I still feel like it is still kind of slow paced...plus muscle memory works its toll on you when all you want to do is wavedash or something and then you realize there is no wavedash in the game.

Plus I tend to get bored easily due to the lack of story mode (or fun modes in general, I suppose). I find Smash Tour immensely boring, and I never really do any Stadium modes unless I have a friend over or something. Without a story mode and considering how easy it is to unlock all of the 12 hidden characters, I feel like I've already achieved everything that needs to be done in the game.

Last edited:

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
I don't know if anybody else feels this way, but the idle animations in this game seem really plain and boring, a lot of the characters I find just stand there motionless and doing nothing. Shulk and Mega Man especially.

ToxicWolf1132

Smash Cadet
NNID
ToxicWolf1132
I hate the challenges, especially on the 3ds. The third panel doesn't have any challenges that are challenging, just annoying and tedious. Like beat 100 man smash with all characters. Beat all-stars mode with all characters. Beat classic with all characters. It seems like so many of these are just there for the sake of being there, not because they help make the game more challenging. And the few that did take me forever to finish weren't hard, they were just infuriating (I spent literally like 10 hours straight trying smash run because of that stupid unlock 5 costumes for miis). The worst part? While the wii U version gives you a reward for doing all the challenges, the 3ds barely gives you anything.

Also, I hated having most of the characters unlocked from the get-go. I love starting out with only like 3 people and. Slowly unlocking everyone else, and the wii u version made that even worse, since even more of the unlockable characters were put into the starting roster. Not nessicarily a complaint, but it bugged me.

But the biggest issue for me is people complaining about clones. Like so many others have said, not having them in wouldn't have meant giving thier slots to ridley or lucas, it'd just mean that they wouldn't be in the game and you'd have a smaller roster.

Last edited:

Goulmania

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goulmania
you can dodge out of tumble, I think it would greatly improve the combo game of everyone if we couldn't do that

MiiBrawlerGod

Smash Rookie
i dont want to seem like a scrub, but there are a lot of things wrong with this game.

1) the sheer amount of invincibility frames in this game makes it absolutely stressful to hit someone. you should not be invincible while rolling. a down smash should be able to hit someone that it rolling. there is absolutely no reason that you shouldnt be able to hit someone with a smash attack when they are directly next to the ledge and they "dodge" the smash attack by rolling backwards. its ridiculous.
the speed of the roll needs to be cut down by about 1/3rd simply so it isnt so rewarding with absolutely no drawbacks.

2) if you get hit just once while you are off the ledge, you can no longer jump to try and recover. you can only use UP+B. you should be able to jump again if you get hit while off the stage and not have to rely only on UP+B. also, the jump needs more range.

3) ledge hogging is an issue. there isnt any way to hit someone on a ledge as far as i know. if you stay on a ledge for more than 5 seconds, your character should automatically plummet off the stage.
ledge guarding is also a similar issue. it can be remedied by the person having an invincibility frame the moment they land. its not unbalanced since the person landing back on the stage cant attack the moment they land.

4) punishing players for making the wrong move simply isnt there. if someone is spamming a certain move and fails to hit the other person, it doesnt matter since the other cannot capitalize. the player misplaying isnt punished since he can just start rolling(therefore gaining invincibility) or can use use the shield which is near impossible to break. there simply isnt enough of a cooldown after using a dash attack or neutral, side, up or down+B move.

5) shields are way too durable. the regeneration of a shield should be cut down to about 1/5th the speed as it is now. one combo utilizing the A button should deplete more than half of the shield. charged smashes should depete 95% of the shield.

6) grabs are extremely spammable. i understand that people want to do combos, but the grabs of some characters are way too fast and have too much reach. grabs shouldnt really be fast. they should take 1-1.5 seconds to execute. grab range and speed should be uniform for all characters which should be point blank range. also grabs should not be capable of flinging you off the stage. the down and up grabs are fine. grabs only need to do about 2% damage.

7) the direction of the forward roll is annoying. i find myself facing the wrong way far too often. if you character rolls forward he should still be facing the same direction that he was prior to doing the roll.

Last edited:

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926
Fighting pac-man and lack of a true adventure mode (not a huge deal though) and the counters!!! You have to hit them to win but you have to be careful because they can throw it right back at you!

Last edited:

PROgamer2220

Smash Rookie
I think rolls should be fixed and come on the ai knows what moves you use right as you use them and perfect counters them.......that and imput reads

PROgamer2220

Smash Rookie
I think ridley could get in just size him down a little and there u go.though on the topic of sizes in smash the sizes are not always consistent from their home games take olimar for example in picmin he is three intches tall but in smash he is about 2 feet tall for consistent sizes.Ridley could be sized down just a little . search ridley in ssb4 a person has a pretty good representation of ridley's size there is one with him and bowser,him and Rosalina you will know it when u c it

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
There's no opening cinematic. No epic lineup of Nintendo's flagship franchises. No "SUPER SMASH BROTHERS... WIIIIIIIIIIII UUUUUU!!". Nothing.
Also, the falcon punch no longer has the falcon sfx anymore.
Unforgivable.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/244356-sakurai-explains-the-creation-of-smash-wii-u-s-smash-tour
http://smashboards.com/threads/sakurai-on-mii-fighters-dr-mario-and-duck-hunt.385210/
http://smashboards.com/threads/saku...-the-order-of-character-announcements.385246/
http://smashboards.com/threads/bowser-jr-was-almost-cut-from-smash-4.385005/

Its Sakurai interview time and you know what that means, more rage from the fans and acts of foolishness with a hint of hypocrisy from Sakurai.:chuckle:

Some of Sakurai's thought process really kind of irks me. Out of all these interviews, I'm probably the most upset with Smash Tour, Its just too random. Every other board game I've ever played is more fun than Smash Tour, Even Mario Party Island Tour is a bit more fun than Smash Tour. Once I complete the challenges and maybe play a round with some friends to see how they react to it, I'm done with smash tour.

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I have a problem with is projectiles, no really they are annoying to deal with. Also players constantly rolling but that isn't much of a problem since most characters I play have good dash attacks.

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
The only gripes I can think of is rolling is a little too good,not gamebreaking but really good and palutena's default moveset,12 unique moves and they pick the most boring ones.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
1. No Adventure Mode.

2. The announcer doesn't shout out the title like in the previous games.

3. Some questionable character choices for the roster.

4. All-Star Mode being completely different and not very fun compared to before.

5. The gameplay still feels a bit sluggish at places.

6. The hazards in some of the stages are complete bull crap.

7. Classic Mode in the Wii U version wasn't as good as in the previous games & the 3DS version.

8. Online matches being 2 minutes.

Poppy100

Smash Cadet
I wonder if anyone will see this...Shielding and rolling are too good, I mean, no matter what, if your hitting someone's shield CONSTANTLY through out a match and it never breaks, theres SOMETHING wrong.

Edit: Also, the 1.0.5 patch didn't have ANY kind of character balance whatsoever? What GIVES?

Last edited:

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
-Some hitboxes problems, like moves that doesn't hit when you can clearly see you touch them (I'm looking at you, :4dk:), or the opposite where they don't even touch you and you still get hit
-Target Test being unique with each character is gone,
-Rolling is way too safe for most of the roster
-For Glory has only Final Destination.
-Shield regenerates a bit too fast, and sometimes just doesn't work for some reason.
-(For the few times i play them) Lv9 CPU's that reads your inputs and perfect shield/counter with frame perfection, and you can barely juggle them because of course they do frame perfect airdodges

CronoT

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5258-0756-3494
Sorry if this has already been pointed out, but too many of the characters, IE, Pit, Dark Pit, Ganondorf, and one or two others have power armor that make their moves into invincibility frames. That stupidity needs to end. Lille Mac gets some excuse for how nearly useless he is off the ground.

2Fat

Smash Rookie
I've noticed that some characters act as foils to another. Also counters do too much knockback And damage, which is frustrated cause most people on FG just spam counters

MarthOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
MarthOfHyrule
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate

Rosalina
Lucina

I like Dark Pit, tho.

Wolf.
How could you do this to me.
HOW COULD JU DOO DIS TO MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
C-Stick and the Grab command are unreliable at times; Grab sometimes does an air-dodge when I'm attempting to Tether (which is real helpful when I'm lacking my second jump!), and the C-Stick does whatever it pleases when I need it the most (e.g. forward tilt in the wrong direction, tilt/jab instead of a Smash attack, or in the worst-case scenario; nothing).

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I hate everything about Little Mac. He's the ultimate gimmick character. He not only sucks, but is obnoxious while he does it. He's the worst of both worlds.

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
My problem are the stage choices. for example, dreamland is ok... even though it s a gb stage. but why not fountain of dreams (melee) or green greens (melee)? And When I unlocked :4gaw:, I never got flat zone. any Idea why. Even some characters that feel wrong. Like, why :4pacman:? they should have put in :roypm: or :lucas:. And they should have even fixed :4ganondorf:!!!

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
What I also feel what's wrong in ssb3ds is that there is no option for mii fighters online. I know it may be offensive or stuff like that, but Nintendo should do a CHECK to see if it is offensive in any way... besides, I Mained my own mii alongside Shulk, Ness, and Ludwig

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Only 2 things:

-Not enough stage variety in either version. There are plenty of great stages in the Wii U version but I feel the splitting stages between versions really hurt both versions, making neither feel like it has a "complete" stage roster.

-Smash Tour, and a general lack of more solid single-player experience. The Adventure Mode and Subspace Emissary of Melee and Brawl respectively were amazing. They had bad excuses for not including something similar this time.

Last edited:

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
Only 2 things:

-Not enough stage variety in either version. There are plenty of great stages in the Wii U version but I feel the splitting stages between versions really hurt both versions, making neither feel like it has a "complete" stage roster.

-Smash Tour, and a general lack of more solid single-player experience. The Adventure Mode and Subspace Emissary of Melee and Brawl respectively were amazing. They had bad excuses for not including something similar this time.
Agreed. Smash run is fine, but like u said... Melee's adventure mode and Brawl's Subspace is better than smash run itself. Nintendo should fix this in a DLC or the next smash bros for a new console.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I dislike Smash 4 as a skill-based fighting game, but I also dislike it as a sequel to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Both Melee and Brawl felt like exceptional sequels in terms of content and polish, but I feel Smash 4 falls short in this respect.

-Melee and Brawl tinkered with veteran characters to make them feel fresh; most Smash 4 veterans seem very familiar. Props to Smash 4 for making Bowser fun, though.

-Melee and Brawl added improved single player modes over their predecessors; Smash 4 added Smash Tour.

Also, I personally don't care for most of the Smash 4 newcomers in terms of game play. I liked playing Snake, Meta Knight, Dedede, Ike, Pokemon Trainer and most of Brawl's newcomers, even if I disliked Brawl's engine. The only Smash 4 newcomers I have some fun with are Robin and Pac-Man... Smash 4 has too many failed concepts (Little Mac and Rosalina), and too many downright boring newcomers (Shulk, Duck Hunt Dog).

Top Bottom