• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you feel are wrong in SSB4?

Gimmick

Smash Ace
So...Sonic is a worse fit for Smash Bros. than Snake? And you think custom moves are a waste?

I feel that the unlock system is a bit bogus, as they're giving too much attention to trophies. Why do they lump equipment and custom moves, two separate gameplay-changing elements, together--and then separately put a thing that's just for completionists or looking at? They also give trophies two modes dedicated to collect them faster (and one of them, oddly enough, is the fastest way to unlock custom moves...). It's like they're deifying trophies, which have existed since Melee, and then leaving their new selling points in the dust.

It's also aggravatingly hard to unlock custom moves, as they're lumped with the thousands of equipment pieces, and you can get repeats. Why? It's not even like they're completely revolutionizing the game, they're just giving characters ways to be good, and yet it takes so long to ensure that the game doesn't give you another repeat or useless piece of equipment.
I don't really care about how well characters fit... Sometimes (I can be a bit hypocritical)... Snake was unique and fun to play as. Sonic... No. Half moves have him turning into ball and spinning. So cool right? A majority of his games are garbage (I know this can be consider an opinion, but the majority agree that most of his games aren't that good), and he's become more a joke character than anything. I wouldn't even call him iconic... I mean I guess he is in some ways, but to me he's never really seem that way. Other than being a rival to Mario, what has he actually done? Nothing.

I'm looking at costumes from a competitive perspective. So... Yeah. There a waste, and I don't plan on taking the time and trying to unlock all of them.

Top Bottom