• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things to practice by yourself with Falcon

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Seems like much to few without a shine ;(

I'm trying to get 100% consistent with gentlemens, and reverse moonwalking for ****s and giggles... hmm scar jumping yay, I can already waveland and ledge cancel with him flawlessy.

Any ideas boys?

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
Reverse combos? Like reverse knee, reverse u-air, b-air, and moonwalk attacks. Reverse knee is really useful to learn. Say you get a stomp on the right side of the stage on falco. You are facing the stage, so you can knee him forward, and try to edgeguard, or reverse knee and kill him. Option 2 is clearly better.

xMosmo

Smash Apprentice
Reverse combos? Like reverse knee, reverse u-air, b-air, and moonwalk attacks. Reverse knee is really useful to learn. Say you get a stomp on the right side of the stage on falco. You are facing the stage, so you can knee him forward, and try to edgeguard, or reverse knee and kill him. Option 2 is clearly better.
I think reverse knees are for being flashy, you could always just turn around and knee him the right way, haha.

what I tend to do for practice is play a lvl 3 marth and nair him consistently across FD. Then throw in uairs at different percentages so you have a general understanding of where he will go every time.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
I think reverse knees are for being flashy, you could always just turn around and knee him the right way, haha.
Sometimes you don't have the time to turn around and you have to hit with a reverse knee to get the kill. Mastering the reverse knee is key to being remotely good at falcon. The most simple situation I can think of is ledgehop -> knee after hogging the ledge. If you hit with a normal knee, it'll dish out like 18% damage and you might be able to combo or something; if you hit with a reverse knee, they die, and you win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBclmXKM8gQ

isai makes it happen, reverse knees are more than just flash.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
^I wouldn't call them the key to being good with Falcon, but it's definitely useful. A lot of times if you're trying to stomp to knee at high percents (if you missed the proper percent to do it at), you just need to get the knee out ASAP, so reverse knees help in those situations. Or against characters who break out of hitstun fast o_x;;

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
when in doubt ....being consistent with tech skill...to me that isnt enough.going to lots tourneys is super good practice.if you cant go to a tourney hold one at the casa....

falcon stuff. hmm..... Ponders** tech chasing is always good..

young wus

Smash Journeyman
I dont think that the moonwalk is not that important, but it looks super cool....... anyway, u need to make sure u can L-Cancel every move!!!! also, the Gentleman is a great thing to practice, but i think ur going 2 need a bot, cause only 1 man can do it with no one there, yah BOY Silent Spectre!!!!! Also, i know its going 2 sound stupid but practice combos on Bots. lol i know bots right, but 4 real get the feel for some combos, plus sum ppl dont even DI Right and maybe u can land some of those combos. (mainly vs Fox, and Falco, CF, Ganon, Bowser, and marth here and there for floaty practice)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Ok. I've tried this

How the **** do you do the instant wall jump

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Try practicing ledgehop -> waveland back onto the edge -> ledgehopped aerial.

Try to get it as perfect as possible. As in, you still have some invincibility frames while you waveland and have a low chance of getting hit while you do it. THEN YOU KNEE THEM IN THE FACE.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
just practice l cancel and wd and wl and stuff

just rujn around and do moves and ledge cancel and wavedash and waveland all over the place for tech skill practice

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
edgecancelling too i guess, he takes use of it a lot with recovering with upb

other than that just moonwalking yeah but it's not as essential

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I dont think that the moonwalk is not that important, but it looks super cool....... anyway, u need to make sure u can L-Cancel every move!!!! also, the Gentleman is a great thing to practice, but i think ur going 2 need a bot, cause only 1 man can do it with no one there, yah BOY Silent Spectre!!!!!
<.<;; Are you serious? It's not that hard to do a gentleman with no one there. Sure, it's not as easy as doing up+B, but it's not that hard. I can do it fine...

Tomacawk

Smash Master
<.<;; Are you serious? It's not that hard to do a gentleman with no one there. Sure, it's not as easy as doing up+B, but it's not that hard. I can do it fine...
Technically speaking, I can do almost every single thing in the game. What can I not do? SDWD. What else? GENTLEMAN WHEN IT HITS NOBODY
Get that garbage outta here

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
if you wanna do it without hitting anyone all you gotta do is tap a 3 times really slow.. if your doing the first jab then the first jab again your going too slow.. its not hard at all

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i only said it cuz of this one

Technically speaking, I can do almost every single thing in the game. What can I not do? SDWD. What else? GENTLEMAN WHEN IT HITS NOBODY
Get that garbage outta here

gosh im not ********

ZoSo

Smash Champion
gentlemen is super tech skill if yuo can do AAA method 100% youre pretty darn good
I made a thread about this.

Things that have helped me:

Practice L-cancelling through hitlag against an "AFK" Bowser with .5 damage ratio and 9-1 handicap against you. I feel this is important because hitting somebody (specifically their shield) when you don't expect to can change the timing of your L-cancel and get you shieldgrabbed.

Try dashing away from a neutral, standing posture a few times. You may notice that Falcon will sometimes go through his "turning around" animation before dashing, adding extraneous frames. You may also notice that this can be avoided if the smash the stick properly. If you've ever had a problem with this, just practice dashing away after L-cancelling and whatnot until you get a feel for it.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
SWD != SDWD. I can SWD pretty well.
And doing a gentleman with hitting nothing is hard as ****, Jona. Don't act like I'm ******** because you think you're amazing

metashinryu

Smash Ace
And doing a gentleman with hitting nothing is hard as ****, Jona. Don't act like I'm ******** because you think you're amazing
but gentlemaning the air is easy as hell,you just need to time 3 jabs same time between them(like half a second)

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Maybe you guys should talk about something that's actually useful in any way.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yes i was acting like your ******** lmao
but now i am because wooow im so amazing i can push a button 3 times oh snap lmao

but gentlemaning the air is easy as hell,you just need to time 3 jabs same time between them(like half a second)
exactly

hhahaha

and zoso, its not useful at all..if you know your gonna miss you shouldnt go past the second jab in the first place
its just something thats there.. no real use for it

Top Bottom