• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things that you know you shouldn't have a problem with, but you do anyways

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Has there ever been a "scrubby" playstyle that you for some reason had trouble getting around?

For example, I have trouble getting inside of Fsmash/Dancing Blade spamming Marths with Jiggz/IC.

Hell, I was playing against this one guy yesterday and the entire time I was 3-4 stocking him. Then he chose Pit against my Sheik and spammed his arrows and smashes. He actually got me down to my last stock. O_o

Wolfs online especially are notorious for this. D: Those **** smashes. arg!

D

Deleted member

Tripping
and always not going all out on Pikachu

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
ike in general. i roll behind him when he fsmashes, which means i ALWAYS get hit with the attack. i KNOW i should spot dodge or even just hit him out of it, but i still roll right into the hitbox XD

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I always end up trying to sidestep strong attacks (Fsmashs, Falcon Punch, etc.) when i can just roll away or hit them with a jab. It's a bad habit that's lost me many stocks. :p

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
Recovering. Sometimes lag butts into me trying to recover as Ganon, and in fustration, I'll tap Up B, and B. Because of the lag, only the B would register, leaving me helplessly Warlock punching as I fall to my death. I gotta learn to just tap B once and not be impatient with lag :p

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Recovering. Sometimes lag butts into me trying to recover as Ganon, and in fustration, I'll tap Up B, and B. Because of the lag, only the B would register, leaving me helplessly Warlock punching as I fall to my death. I gotta learn to just tap B once and not be impatient with lag :p
that's like the jigglypuff problem. a lot of the time, i am angling my pound up and down, right? well, in laggy matches, it will only register the up or down part... so if i'm off the stage and am trying to pound upwards to get more horizontal recovery distance, i'll start singing and die. if i'm ON the stage angling my pound dowwards on a grounded opponent, i instead use rest and just float down for a fully charged smash or falcon punch.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I see Ganondorf use Warlock Punch I just stand there and shield. There is so much time to easily roll back, but no, I just shield for the ENTIRE length of the animation. >>;

Oh, and I have major problems with playing against campers and spammers on Battlefield -- people try to tell me it is easier to fight them on levels with platforms, but if they are under the platform its so annoying trying to get in overhead to actually take them on close-range. Usually I tend to simply get bombarded by smashes while I try to get down.

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
I know Olimar can attack well from the air...

FORWARD SMASH!

I know Olimar can attack well from the air...

FORWARD SMASH!

Maybe he can't attack from the air...

UP SMASH!

Well...

PURPLE PIKMIN UP AIR!

Tipzntrix

Smash Apprentice
Trying to clash with MK's Tornado. I know 9/10ths of my moves can't outprioritize it, but I try to do soemthing anyway and end up getting caught >.<.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Yes. Pretty much anything.

I can't execute ATs because I have crappy fingers. And I don't ever use my shield because I kind of forget it exists even though my opponent is using it right in front of me. Not to mention my total inability to predict/remember priorities.

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
I get hit by the last few frames of Lucas's USmash EVERYTIME! >_> I always think it's over but I'm always wrong. And a Wolf that spams his blaster when I'm Snake.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Actually Jiggz can usually pound through both of those moves when I'm doing it. O.o I actually like Jiggz against Marth.

Scrubtastic techniques that have actually worked against me: I recently walked forward into a G&W standing in place spamming D-smash one right after the other while I was at 120%. It was a genius plan on my part I suppose to make an amazing come from behind (I did win, but my stupidity at that pissed me off).

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
My friend plays Ike and I'm usually Marth...so when I knock him off the stage, I go to edgeguard out of instinct, but forget how long Ike's Up-B lasts, so my invincibility frames wear off and we both go flying off the bottom of the stage...it happened to me at least twice yesterday XD

ArchPong

Smash Rookie
I am trying to get out of the habit of spot dodging moves that don't come out right away, or last longer than my spot dodge like G&W Torch or Lucarios Smashs, And Lucas Up Smash :( I can just shield but i always spot dodge instead >_<

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Dodging in general. For some reason I don't dodge often during a match, I will try to cancel out attacks and die because I dont dodge.

AvalancheBarrage

Smash Ace
I have a problem facing human players. Sounds stupid, I know, but when I know I'm facing an actual person I just start doing things I shouldn't and end up most likely killing myself.

>.>

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link or any projectiles that say out too long.
Pit's ring on his thigh.

People that don't get my name

Anciant2

Smash Cadet
i keep suiciding with toon links dair, im too used to link so i keep forgetting toonlink's dair sends you down fast.

Squidster

Smash Ace
ssshhhhuttle loop

i lost a match to a mk who pretty much spammed shuttle loop -> glide attack -> Dsmash

llllammeeeee

But vanish can beat it so i'll be fine. Just felt like venting

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I always run into the Ness/Lucas' bat/stick.

Then again, wi-fi makes you do dumb mistakes.

HADOOKEN

Smash Apprentice
Marth's stupid spike,
in this game, c stick still moves you down, so if you do it mid jump u DIE

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yoshi has always been a problem, especially when he Down Smashes and uses that annoying egg grab which I really hate

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
When someone charges a smash I run right into it, hoping that I with make that grab or dash attack before the move is releashed.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Maybe Ike... Actually some Event modes. Event 41, I hate it but I always remind myself of how much.

Marshmallow

Smash Cadet
Doing a b+> over the edge and then slowly falling to my death as everyone around me is laughing :(

Top Bottom