• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things that you hate to deal with on For Glory?

JHamron

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0688-6427-7438
People who spend an eternity in the 'Viewing Results' screen.

What is taking so long? How much time do you need to view some stats? Why are you keeping me waiting?

I don't usually disconnect after one game, but against those players, it's usually quicker to just find a new—hopefully less rude—opponent.
They're usually just saving the replay for review later. You should be honored. Either that, or they're reporting you for something.

Reksho

Smash Cadet
NNID
Reksho
3DS FC
3840-5902-9293
They're usually just saving the replay for review later. You should be honored. Either that, or they're reporting you for something.
Huh, I've been playing for over 100 hours and this never occured to me. Time to save some online replays then!

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
When people interrupt Falcon's "Show me ya moves!" taunt at the start of the match. I mean, it is his ultimate code of honour, like bowing or tipping your hat as a sign of respect for your opponent. If you don't ask people to show you their moves, you can't be certain they truly showed you their moves! Of course, some use that as a chance to get free hits... -_-

Remember kids, Captain Falcon is a true gentleman, and woe betide the uncouth noob that disrespecteth his taunt.

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
When people interrupt Falcon's "Show me ya moves!" taunt at the start of the match. I mean, it is his ultimate code of honour, like bowing or tipping your hat as a sign of respect for your opponent. If you don't ask people to show you their moves, you can't be certain they truly showed you their moves! Of course, some use that as a chance to get free hits... -_-

Remember kids, Captain Falcon is a true gentleman, and woe betide the uncouth noob that disrespecteth his taunt.
I don't use "Show me ya moves!" unless they do a taunt first. Another taunt in terms of respect, is Mario taking off his hat. Literally tipping your hat.

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
They're usually just saving the replay for review later. You should be honored.
Either that or they're saving the replay for their combo video. In which case you should be humiliated lol. I used to get combo'd so hard I knew without a doubt they saved the replay to watch me get obliterated. I'm better now but I still wouldn't be surprised to see myself in a combo video on the "getting rekt" end.

JHamron

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0688-6427-7438
I don't use "Show me ya moves!" unless they do a taunt first. Another taunt in terms of respect, is Mario taking off his hat. Literally tipping your hat.
A similar thing is Palutena's "You shall be purified" especially to a Ganondorf, where you are acknowledging their evil essence and proposing an epic battle of good and evil.

On the other hand, Palutena can be incredibly rude by taunting "Ready when you are" to an opponent she just comboed or if her opponent just SD'ed.

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I always tip my hat if the opponent does a good combo, and I tend to use "Come on!" at the beginning of a match.

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
I really hate it when people constantly air dodge when they're in mid air, like, as soon as they can, they seem to try to find any opportunity just to spam the air dodge. I especially hate it when they do nothing in the air but air dodge, so you can barely combo them.

Roflcopters

Smash Rookie
I don't get mad at anything people do, but there are some things that when it happens I can't help but chuckle a little bit and go "Oh you cheeky little c***". The main ones would probably be multi-taunting, taunting after I SD and taunting when it looks like I'll die but I still recover, although I laugh a lot at that last situation.

As far as my personal disrespecting goes, I don't do all that much. When I get a kill I usually just stand there doing nothing, or maybe practice SH Nairing to pass the time. However, if I play against someone who does the previously mentioned taunts, I will probably taunt after I kill them.

I don't taunt in the beginning of the match, but I don't attack you if you taunt. If you blatantly SD I'll SD myself to level the playing field and make it feel like I actually beat you, not that you threw it.

As far as indirect things, if you leave after beating me once I'll be bothered but I understand that maybe you had to go or something. If you copy my character I don't mind and I especially love if I get to learn something new from you playing them. I do get really confused when someone just suicides a game after I'm beating them and then doesn't even leave the lobby, like why do that?

I know it sounds like I have good habits but I'll point out my bad ones too. I main ZSS and Sheik, and both chars have diving Dairs. If I edgeguard you and you're definitely going to die on last stock and I have 2 left, you better believe I'm diving off, hiting you with dair and dying.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Finding a way to saty as high as possible with peach, and floating from side to side, just to stall the match.

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
In terms of being disrespectful online I don't think you can be that in Smash 4. Because let's face it, there is no context on WiFi. You have no idea why the other person is doing a certain thing. I duck a lot and run around the stage after I kill someone, that doesn't mean i'm T-Bagging them. I just sometimes don't feel like taunting. Or whenever I do taunt i'm not telling you "you suck" I'm saying "YAY! Now come kick my ass!" It's a fighting game, you can't get offended at every little thing. Get offended when someone disrespects you at a tournament.

Speaking of things like that I find it major disrespectful when my opponent doesn't either handshake or high-five after a match. It's being a good sport. Sure we can all get salty, and I do it to, but at least have the dignity to admit your opponent was better than you and congratulate them. Most of the time the person that knocks me out is the person I cheer for.

As for things I can maybe find disrespectful online...maybe when a Falcon doesn't ask me to show them my moves. It's unwritten law for a falcon to always ask for moves to be shown. Though I don't find that so much disrespect as it is disappointment.

Kikaioh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ParkourSquid
3DS FC
4055-4356-1945

Heaven forbid that someone consider a taunt to be... a taunt. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member

I find it very rude when my opponent isn't Captain Falcon. Everyone should play Captain Falcon 24/7.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Some things that urk me.

- After a match, a person switches to the character I used. It's even better if they use the same costume. If you're going to try and mimic me, at least use a different costume.
- Not fighting, stalling, or just being a jerk. I loathe fighting these people.
- Rage quitting. There's no honor in that.
- Self destructing over and over again if the person starts losing.
- While not an actual gameplay thing, people with all those fancy letters in there names annoys me. It's obnoxious fighting a "Xx£€€TΚi££€ЯxX" online.

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
Outside of counterpicking a banned stage (assuming we're not doing glory/tourney rules for some reason), nothing. Trying to steal my main or taunting is just nerfing themselves, and if I get beat by a "scumbag" tactic then that means I wasn't good enough.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
When people selfdestruct on purpose when they can't figure out a new strategy to beat me because their one trick pony tactics aren't working after I learned theirs and countered it. I never do that unless a lag input causes me to die by accident.

Or people switching to Little Mac after a single loss like it matters to my Bowser.

Or after a series of wins I lose one time and they proceed to leave like they are hot stuff. Which means I can't learn their playstyle.

It's the little things.

NNID
Majorasmask66
When all people do is roll and play incredibly defensively... also i ran into someone who did this and taunted and t-bagged constantly. oh boy

When people leave after one win.

When people taunt or T-Bag. Especially T-Bag. It wasn't okay in Halo and it isn't okay here.

Keep away with lucario or sheik. If i'm using little mac its justified but no matter who i go with and they continue a tatic which is very lame then it gets ridiculous. Some characters like Megaman and Samus seem to be built around keep away so im fine with the player doing that...unless all they do is roll to the other side if you get close.

Last edited:

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Chain Grabs. Wait? What? They were removed. Nevermind then. :p

Nah but on a realistic note, Toon Link annoys me to an extent that no other. Megaman is pretty annoying too. That pellet zone is obnoxious.

Team Plasma N

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3952-8297-3456
I was in a match just now and the phone rang, but other household members were too lazy to answer it. I had to walk away from the match for a bit, I was clearly idling. I only took a few seconds (literally) and when I came back, I find my opponent used the opportunity to hit my idling player for kills -_- . When I see an idling player, I wait until they come back.

NNID
Majorasmask66
I was in a match just now and the phone rang, but other household members were too lazy to answer it. I had to walk away from the match for a bit, I was clearly idling. I only took a few seconds (literally) and when I came back, I find my opponent used the opportunity to hit my idling player for kills -_- . When I see an idling player, I wait until they come back.
Same. and i also have an extremely lazy family ):

pixelatedcody

Pixelated Inkling
NNID
cncody
When people leave after one win.
When people taunt or T-Bag. Especially T-Bag. It wasn't okay in Halo and it isn't okay here.
^ This, These two things really get me salty... Taunting not so much (but it all depends in context sometimes for me.) but T-bagging and never staying for at least a best out of 3 or heck even just another match. Sometimes we want the Salty Run-back!

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Wow... is taunting THAT important to you? I just find it just funny... even if I lose.

Zieye

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2234-7225-9118
I don't know why, but if I play a match with someone and I'm on a winning streak and they win once and leave. Ruining my fun

But what actually gets me most is when I play someone and they beat me the first time and they instantly leave. I find it like some sort of rule to at least fight someone or win at least twice then leave. Once and done just makes me think. "Damn, I wasn't that bad was I?"

NNID
Majorasmask66
I don't know why, but if I play a match with someone and I'm on a winning streak and they win once and leave. Ruining my fun

But what actually gets me most is when I play someone and they beat me the first time and they instantly leave. I find it like some sort of rule to at least fight someone or win at least twice then leave. Once and done just makes me think. "Damn, I wasn't that bad was I?"
Ive goten destroyed HARD in some matches but i always play two matches with them any way. I too wish others would do the same.

hsuperill

Smash Rookie
When someone taunts me at the beginning of the match and I taunt back. But before I finish my taunt they charge me :mad:

Belgrim

Smash Apprentice
What's disrespectful?
  • Wario's fart
  • Wario's taunt
  • Wario's poor driving skills
  • Wario's crouching.
OH and also wario's victory screen. He's just like "HA HA HA I WON MFs"

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Do you guys get offended if Kirby mains do the Popstar Shuffle or Pancake? I use those for dancing, not for taunting. I hope I haven't offended anybody I've played :L

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Do you guys get offended if Kirby mains do the Popstar Shuffle or Pancake? I use those for dancing, not for taunting. I hope I haven't offended anybody I've played :L
The Popstar shuffle is the up taunt right? Is pancaking spamming crouch or just holding it? I get offended when someone spams crouch because it looks like they are trying to T-bag,but everything else is cool with me.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
The Popstar shuffle is the up taunt right? Is pancaking spamming crouch or just holding it? I get offended when someone spams crouch because it looks like they are trying to T-bag,but everything else is cool with me.
Popstar Shuffle is quickly turning back and forth while walking, as it makes Kirby tap dance around and throw his hands in the air. Pancake Dance is crouching repeatedly to make Kirby flat as a pancake and make the little squishy noise.

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
Not necessarily disrespectful but rather annoying is when people constantly roll left and right as if that's the only way they know how to maneuver their character. With the buff of safety while rolling, it makes a it hard to punish even if I predict correctly. Constantly rolling is a definite rage inducer.

One thing that is disrespectful is the opponent taunting after finally stopping my win streak and then leaving with that single win. Like really dude? You finally get a win and now you just run away. ~_~ I never use taunt unless its at the start of the game or if my opponent has taunted in a game (thinking that they've won, but I clutch it out instead).

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Popstar Shuffle is quickly turning back and forth while walking, as it makes Kirby tap dance around and throw his hands in the air. Pancake Dance is crouching repeatedly to make Kirby flat as a pancake and make the little squishy noise.
Well if it isn't meant to be T-bagging then I'm fine with that. Also I love doing the popstar shuffle, I just didn't know what it was called until now.

Top Bottom