• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things that you hate to deal with on For Glory?

CrabLeg

Brown Boy Wonder
NNID
Maheen76220
3DS FC
4854-6626-0552
I really dislike when a players use characters like Bowser and Kirby to do a sacrificial KO. Thank god the new update fixes that.

Yellowpikmin476

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yellowpikmin476
3DS FC
4854-6467-1287
This may sound odd, but to me it's when people DON'T taunt after killing you. I have no idea why, but it REALLY grinds my gears. *shrug*

WingedBehemoth

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tsunayoshi
3DS FC
3969-4003-5661
I wouldn't say it pisses me off, but I won't play a match with someone who counters frequently. A counter or two is fine, even I can counter from time to time, but using them as a main technique is not something I can play with, even though it's easy to counter a counter.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I also hate when someone taunts when I suicide. Yeah OK hope you feel good about yourself. I encourage taunting when you do something cool, but to taunt when I suicide is pretty lame.

Last edited:

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
I really dislike when a players use characters like Bowser and Kirby to do a sacrificial KO. Thank god the new update fixes that.
I wouldn't say it pisses me off, but I won't play a match with someone who counters frequently. A counter or two is fine, even I can counter from time to time, but using them as a main technique is not something I can play with, even though it's easy to counter a counter.
Both of you read the first post I left on the first page. Sorry,but people were arguing too much over it so I had to tell people to not post about that kind of stuff so that people could stop arguing.

NiderQueen

Smash Cadet
NNID
YakiStrider2409
3DS FC
2681-0178-5926
Personally, i find it disrepectful to play Bowsercide, Ganoncide, or any variants. When i play as characters that can kill using suicide, i try not to do that to save people some groans and "what really?!"s.

Drew English

Smash Cadet
NNID
gringaer
3DS FC
3625-9539-5058
I really hate when I am doing good as a character and then they pick the character to try and beat me. I also hate when I do a stupid SD and then they do a taunt that says something.

Yellowpikmin476

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yellowpikmin476
3DS FC
4854-6467-1287
I really hate when I am doing good as a character and then they pick the character to try and beat me. I also hate when I do a stupid SD and then they do a taunt that says something.
*You SD when fighting Shulk*
"This is the Monado's power!"
Shut up! The Monado did nothing, I fell off!

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
Personally I don't find anything disrespectful. I just find some things annoying.

Maybe the only thing I works label as disrespectful is when someone is clearly superior to me and taunts 3 times in a row after the first kill. But I always say to myself that its good to get wrecked because that's how you learn and get better

djKun

Smash Rookie
Personally, i find it disrepectful to play Bowsercide, Ganoncide, or any variants. When i play as characters that can kill using suicide, i try not to do that to save people some groans and "what really?!"s.
I don't always play Bowser or Ganon. But when I do, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yellowpikmin476

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yellowpikmin476
3DS FC
4854-6467-1287
Personally I don't find anything disrespectful. I just find some things annoying.

Maybe the only thing I works label as disrespectful is when someone is clearly superior to me and taunts 3 times in a row after the first kill. But I always say to myself that its good to get wrecked because that's how you learn and get better
Huh, guess you don't wanna fight me then. I do that nearly every time! :p

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
Can't say that, I dunno how good you are!
We should settle it in smash then lol. Too bad 1.0.4 update came out. I was a Toon Link main so I wouldn't fight you right now since I don't have a main any more and I haven't settled on another yet. Ill let you k ow tho

Yellowpikmin476

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yellowpikmin476
3DS FC
4854-6467-1287
We should settle it in smash then lol. Too bad 1.0.4 update came out. I was a Toon Link main so I wouldn't fight you right now since I don't have a main any more and I haven't settled on another yet. Ill let you k ow tho
I'm a Toony main too. What happened in 1.2.4? He doesn't feel any weaker than usual to me.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Using Shulk at all.

Shulk is to me in Sm4sh what Ike was to me in Brawl.

Kaiboiii

Smash Cadet
Oh boy where do I start?

1. People who taunt after they kill you.
2. Spammers
3. People who choose your character after they beat you.

FireOfExile

Smash Cadet
NNID
fireofexile
3DS FC
2363-5961-4897
I'm fine with people taunting when they kill me, but if it's online I get annoyed at an excess of it. Sometimes someone will launch me and taunt a few times as I struggle to recover.

M.C.Jeducation

Smash Apprentice
People who deliberately kill themselves when they realize that you are winning. I mean its only a two stock match online it would be nice if people could at least wait it out, there's always a chance of coming back and winning anyway!

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
Oh, what's that? More importantly why has it caused you to have to change mains?
It basically allows you to cancel any lag that you get from landing. So you can Dair without any lag or you can fire an arrow and no lag when you land.

The trick is to throw the bomb as soon as you land and this made it easier to follow up with fair, usmash, etc.

This was really his only tech and it made him very very viable.

Now that its gone, its pretty much just spamming projectiles, which limits his killing options

Red5_snt

Smash Cadet
NNID
Red5_snt
3DS FC
5429-7893-3202
Before I didn't really care that much about what people do online, but it really grinds my gears when people

- taunt after killing you off stage with projectile spam during a massive lag spike.

- If there is really and I mean REALLY bad lag from the start (constant stop and go ... with more stop than go) and you try to SD to end the game... and your opponent won't let you kill yourself. They just attack you anyway like a jerk even though you're OBVIOUSLY trying to get out for the lag and give them a free win.

- Forcing ditto matches when the person forcing it sucks and just roll spams. They get wrecked... but just... why?

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
I will taunt when I've KOed you. I play Ganondorf and use his fists taunt (side) and usually start it after a kill move while you're still flying off. Very rarely do I misjudge the speed or angle to allow recovery, and I recover in time to handle either that or your respawn.

If you feel dissed, well, tough.

Tuffi

Smash Rookie
NNID
7uff1Mii
Idk, I'm more on the disrespectful side, I go balls deep to get a KO, don't even care if I die sometimes. And I refuse to lose to a ******** SD, I go there and do my job. ****ing dunked m8, what u gonna do? *Taunts as soon as I get back on the stage*

I feel great even if I fail and end up saving his life.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Whenever someone lags the game, has me fall off an edge because the buttons have a 5 second delay, and then taunts me like "Yeah, I'm literally just standing here and you're dying".

Red5_snt

Smash Cadet
NNID
Red5_snt
3DS FC
5429-7893-3202
Turtling is without a doubt the most annoying playstyle ever. Never approaching, never using projectiles... just literally waiting for you to approach so they can try to hit you away. I usually do well against people who do this... but again... Why would you get online JUST to play that way?

Top Bottom