• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things that you hate to deal with on For Glory?

Zilla-G

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zilla-4G
3DS FC
3668-8086-4171
D3 hammer, D3 hammer......oh and hey guess what!....more D3 hammer....its a personal problem :p

Arle Nadja

Prodigy Sorceress & Girl Power Icon
NNID
ChaoticMarin
3DS FC
1547-5230-3937
I once had a friend of mine try and camp the lights in Mac's punch out stage vs my Little Mac. It was right at the start of the match and I just sort of stood there and waited to see how serious he was thinking I was even going to try and chase him up there. It lasted about ~30 seconds of him literally just standing up there waiting for me and I just sort of backed out and told him to let me know when he intended to take the game seriously.

He told me he was playing against Mac's weaknesses. I told him that a strategy countered by putting the controller down and going to make some coffee in the middle of a match is not legit.

Last edited:

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I once had a friend of mine try and camp the lights in Mac's punch out stage vs my Little Mac. It was right at the start of the match and I just sort of stood there and waited to see how serious he was thinking I was even going to try and chase him up there. It lasted about ~30 seconds of him literally just standing up there waiting for me and I just sort of backed out and told him to let me know when he intended to take the game seriously.

He told me he was playing against Mac's weaknesses. I told him that a strategy countered by putting the controller down and going to make some coffee in the middle of a match is not legit.
Well, if he was playing with the intention of winning and nothing else, that's a strategy. Either the other player falls for it or gives up.

But that's definitely not fun, no.

Arle Nadja

Prodigy Sorceress & Girl Power Icon
NNID
ChaoticMarin
3DS FC
1547-5230-3937
Well, if he was playing with the intention of winning and nothing else, that's a strategy. Either the other player falls for it or gives up.

But that's definitely not fun, no.
I don't feel comfortable calling it strategy. It technically is, but a strategy that involves not playing the game for an extended period of time is a gross disrespect to the other player. Calling it anything else feels like a euphemism.

I don't put my foot down often, but if I wanted the gaming equivalent of a filibuster I would just skip the middleman and turn the console off. vwv

Shmoe93

Smash Rookie
NNID
shmoe93
3DS FC
3222-6067-0595
When you play someone who taunts after you kill yourself so you kill them 5 games in a row and they finally take a game then quit.

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice
When you play someone who taunts after you kill yourself so you kill them 5 games in a row and they finally take a game then quit.
Just add a lot of rolls + Little Mac, and this is For Glory in a nutshell, sadly.

Grass

Smash Lord
Projectile spam and just projectile spam. I mean what's the point. It just build's damage and playing hit and run just makes you look like a loser.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
People changing to your character and trying to beat you with it, and people taunting when you SD, though I don't really mind the latter.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I do wonder if to get salty about things, but it saddens me how there's good players who opt to be completely dickwads to opponents they fight against that they dominate and only put effort on being actually good after you manage to push them to a corner unexpectedly. It's not ever going to help the lower-level players back by giving them such unpleasant experience and only give them an impression that all high-level players are complete assholes that can play around with their high level of skill out of elitist narcissism.

But hey, all's fair in love and war, they say?

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
I hate hate HATE it when you've been playing a few matches with someone, and when they keep beating you they decide to play as the character you are just to prove that they're better.

I get it, okay, you're the better player so stop rubbing salt in the wounds jfc...

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
When people suck you up with kirby. And try to jump off the edge
lol I love doing that against the bad Little Mac players. I do it to show them how easily he could get KOed and that they should switch to another character, not use Little Mac because less experienced players think he is the best.

Grass

Smash Lord
lol I love doing that against the bad Little Mac players. I do it to show them how easily he could get KOed and that they should switch to another character, not use Little Mac because less experienced players think he is the best.
I use mac, I don't think he's the best. Good mac players are hard to come by. :(

VisionmasterX8X

Smash Rookie
With certain characters I find it funny but when it happens to me. Not so much. Ive used little mac twice his air game is awful. And DHD and Rosalina are just annoying and Sonic..... do you have the wii U version

VisionmasterX8X

Smash Rookie
If anyone has the Wii U version of SSB my NNID is roosterboss( I didnt come up with the name) I will be taking challenges from 4:30 EST-1am EST tonight I may take abfew breaks for food. But yea just add me and let me know I can play with or without items. I like items but I can do without them. But I do use custom fighters for 3 characters only Shulk,Palutena & Wii fit Trainer so usually when custom moves are on im using one of those 3 characters

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
With certain characters I find it funny but when it happens to me. Not so much. Ive used little mac twice his air game is awful. And DHD and Rosalina are just annoying and Sonic..... do you have the wii U version
I unfortunately do not have the Wii U version. He is annoying for me,but what you say makes it sound like he is more annoying in the Wii U version.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I decided to play For Glory today for the first time, and because I wasn't interested in being super serious I kept playing as a random character. I got matched up with a guy and played 4 matches with him; I won every single one, and he was Pac-Man for all of them.

I didn't really find him to be disrespectful, but I felt I was being disrespectful. I played with a random character each time, and a lot of the time he SD'd (not on purpose) and I chose not to taunt anytime he lost a stock. On the 5th one I got disconnected during the match, and though I can't say for sure, I think it may have been the other guy choosing to disconnect during the match.

I personally didn't feel disrespected by the disconnect (partly because I couldn't tell you whether it was just an internet problem or not), but I'm wondering if others would find it disrespectful for the other player to choose to disconnect mid-match after losing a number of matches against you.

Vellocet

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vellocet
3DS FC
4699-7805-1419
I decided to play For Glory today for the first time, and because I wasn't interested in being super serious I kept playing as a random character. I got matched up with a guy and played 4 matches with him; I won every single one, and he was Pac-Man for all of them.

I didn't really find him to be disrespectful, but I felt I was being disrespectful. I played with a random character each time, and a lot of the time he SD'd (not on purpose) and I chose not to taunt anytime he lost a stock. On the 5th one I got disconnected during the match, and though I can't say for sure, I think it may have been the other guy choosing to disconnect during the match.

I personally didn't feel disrespected by the disconnect (partly because I couldn't tell you whether it was just an internet problem or not), but I'm wondering if others would find it disrespectful for the other player to choose to disconnect mid-match after losing a number of matches against you.
sounds like a regular rage to me.

what i do to disrespect others is, when i play against ****y little macs ( there are a lot) i spam Link's boomerang to get him while theyre doing side b to get them off stage.

[Saru]

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3411-1247-2585
keep rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin'
keep rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin'
keep rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin

Morbi

Scavenger

I would not feel disrespected as I would presume that it was an internet problem. I suppose my mentality favors the sentiment that if they were annoyed at losing they would leave during one of the various in-between match lobbies. Even if they did rage-quit disconnect, I would feel more respect than disrespect.

Ven158

Smash Rookie
Throwing out random fully charged F Smashes from across the stage. Granted you're not megaman. I've noticed a lot of falcons online have been whiffing F Smashes like crazy lately.

While I don't count Taunts as disrespect, Teabagging is. Obviously.

While I wouldn't count it, But getting Kirbycided, Ganoncided, Bowsercided feels like you're being disrespected. Embarrassing as **** as well.

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
When someone hits you with a KO move and then throws the match by SDing during your Star KO animation.
I do it all the time.

Reksho

Smash Cadet
NNID
Reksho
3DS FC
3840-5902-9293
Quitting after winning just one really close match. Look, when it was a great match and the difference between winning and losing is so close, I really don't mind losing. But when you quit immediately after just this one match, it rubs me the wrong way. Seems like you're not giving me a chance to redeem myself the next match or you're afraid of losing and don't want to risk your inflated ego to burn up.

Last edited:

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Quitting after winning just one really close match. Look, when it was a great match and the difference between winning and losing is so close, I really don't mind losing. But when you quit immediately after just this one match, it rubs me the wrong way. Seems like you're not giving me a chance to redeem myself the next match or you're afraid of losing and don't want to risk your inflated ego to burn up.
I personally avoid that. or when I'm on a losing streak against a single person, If I win once I refuse to leave just because I'm satisfied.

Kikaioh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ParkourSquid
3DS FC
4055-4356-1945
I don't feel comfortable calling it strategy. It technically is, but a strategy that involves not playing the game for an extended period of time is a gross disrespect to the other player. Calling it anything else feels like a euphemism.

I don't put my foot down often, but if I wanted the gaming equivalent of a filibuster I would just skip the middleman and turn the console off. vwv
Your friend has every right to play the game however he wants to play it. You're disrespecting him by making him play by your own personal rules of engagement under the pretense that you're offended. If you don't want to get baited into a risky part of the stage, you should just prevent him from going up there in the first place, or show him that it's not as safe as he thinks it is. Or use tournament rules beforehand for picking and counter-picking stages during your matches so you can avoid stages that play to his strategy. Or just sit and wait for the time to run out, and avoid playing him in the future because you don't enjoy matches where you'd rather wait than chase him down.

But if you get offended by how another player chooses to play in the game, that's your own fault, not his. So long as he isn't smacking the controller out of your hand or distracting you in the middle of play, whatever approach he uses to try and win is fair game.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, Duck Hunt Dog has a reputation to uphold! :troll:

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
When Captain Falcon taunts at the start of the game. I mean really, what are you taunting about? But worse than that is Kirby eating you and throwing himself to the bottom when I have Zero Suit Samus. Yoshi does the same. I mean, Zero Suit Samus's horrible recovery makes it impossible to get back on stage.

And if they do this, then taunt... well... I just wish to throw my 3DS to the wall.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
worse than that is Kirby eating you and throwing himself to the bottom when I have Zero Suit Samus. Yoshi does the same. /quote]
Yeah i know right? Like when i get comboed into an Fsmash and die that's so unfair!

Last edited:

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
When Captain Falcon taunts at the start of the game. I mean really, what are you taunting about? But worse than that is Kirby eating you and throwing himself to the bottom when I have Zero Suit Samus. Yoshi does the same. I mean, Zero Suit Samus's horrible recovery makes it impossible to get back on stage.

And if they do this, then taunt... well... I just wish to throw my 3DS to the wall.
Something tells me you don't know much about Falcon players...Just so you know, Falcon players literally taunt at the start of a match for the exact OPPOSITE reason of trying to disrespect.

SSS

Smash Ace
Projectile spam and just projectile spam. I mean what's the point. It just build's damage and playing hit and run just makes you look like a loser.
This is a common complaint, and I've already said this but I'll say it again.

If it is the most viable option to winning the game, nobody can blame them for it and it might just be that the game you're playing is competitively broken.

If it ISN'T the most viable option, then just suck it up and beat them with the most viable option.

Top Bottom