• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things that you hate to deal with on For Glory?

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
I want to know what you guys find disrespectful in a smash match. What pisses me off is when I accidentally SD and my opponent taunts me. I'm used to taunts being more of like "Yeah I just did that" instead of being "Haha, you suck" even though that is kind of what taunts are for.

Edit: DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMEONE SPAMMING IN A MATCH, USING A CHARACTER YOU DON'T LIKE TO FIGHT, OR ANY SPECIFIC MOVE A CHARACTER HAS THAT YOU HATE GETTING HIT BY. THIS JUST CAUSES PEOPLE TO ARGUE ABOUT THINGS GOING OFF-TOPIC. I KNOW IT IS WHAT YOU FIND DISRESPECTFUL,BUT IT JUST CAUSES PROBLEMS. Sorry for the caps, I just REALLY want people to see this so that the arguments about what is off-topic or not can end.

Edit 2: Well we are not really talking about what we find disrespectful anymore, so I guess I'll just make this into a thread about what we don't like to deal with in FG, which of course can include disrespect.

Last edited:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
playing little mac or duck hunt

there's no way to annoy me any more in smash than that.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
playing little mac or duck hunt

there's no way to annoy me any more in smash than that.
MORE LIKE (VERY FOUL INSULT THAT HAS A TWO LETTER DIFFERENCE FROM DUCK HUNT)! But Duck Hunt is literally built around the idea of trolling players. That is why his smash hit box sweet spots are never exactly the same, and he has tools that he can control while still moving. He is awful at handling direct pressure with a side of reflectin so it is usually easy for me to take him down as Palutena or Zelda.

For me, I find that "runners" are insufferable. They barely make an attempt to fight after they get rid of one of my stocks, which usually leads to SD (that I often win anyway). So they just waste 5-6 minutes on a match that wasn't even fun.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
What about them pisses you off? Is it that they are used a lot? I personally see people use a lot of different characters online,so I don't face multiple people all using the same character that often. It only happened to me when the game first came out in the US and almost every match people were using Lucina and it pissed me off seeing people use her so much,so use Marth who is one of my mains and in most cases beat them and left.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
What about them pisses you off? Is it that they are used a lot? I personally see people use a lot of different characters online,so I don't face multiple people all using the same character that often. It only happened to me when the game first came out in the US and almost every match people were using Lucina and it pissed me off seeing people use her so much,so use Marth who is one of my mains and in most cases beat them and left.
Well Little Mac is extremely easy. I've played people at my school that completely wreck me as little mac, but I beat them every time when they play somebody else. Personally I think Little Mac is sort of a "noob character". (opinionated)

Duck Hunt is just an ass the whole time if played right. He just is annoying to play against.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
MORE LIKE (VERY FOUL INSULT THAT HAS A TWO LETTER DIFFERENCE FROM DUCK HUNT)! But Duck Hunt is literally built around the idea of trolling players. That is why his smash hit box sweet spots are never exactly the same, and he has tools that he can control while still moving. He is awful at handling direct pressure with a side of reflectin so it is usually easy for me to take him down as Palutena or Zelda.

For me, I find that "runners" are insufferable. They barely make an attempt to fight after they get rid of one of my stocks, which usually leads to SD (that I often win anyway). So they just waste 5-6 minutes on a match that wasn't even fun.
Oh trust me most Duck Hunt players I've faced are pretty good. They actually try rather than troll. Maybe you've just been unlucky or I've been lucky.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Oh trust me most Duck Hunt players I've faced are pretty good. They actually try rather than troll. Maybe you've just been unlucky or I've been lucky.
Oh, I am not bothered by DH or LM. I was just referring to players in general. However, both of them are not too hard to use. They have a very easy learning curve. So it's not really surprising when I come across a Lil Mac or DHD player someone knows what they are doing.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Another thing I find disrespectful,but its kinda stupid is when my opponent tries to spike me at a low percent. It makes me feel like they just want to end the match as soon as possible. One more thing that I don't really find disrespectful,but it is so annoying is when my opponent whether purposely or not are doing something that makes the match way longer than it needs to be, like keep rolling when they are at a high % so they don't die rather then hit back.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
When People switch to the characters I use just to say they're better than me.
lol I love when people do that.

"OH ZELDOO IS SO OP AND EZ TO USE THAT IS THE ONLY REASON WHY HE IS BEATING ME! I WILL SWITCH TO ZELDOO TO PROVE I AM BETTER THAN PUDDIN!!!"
*3 matches of getting 0-2 loses*
"OMG Y??? I THOUGHT ZELDOO WAS EZ OMGOMGOMG!"

Spoiler: she ain't no Meta Knight

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
When People switch to the characters I use just to say they're better than me.
That happen to me yesterday when I was using Marth and then they switched to him and beat me so fast. I was not annoyed because they were pretty good with him so I assume they have experience with them instead of just trying to make me feel bad by beating me with my own main.

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice
When a DK uses their down taunt, mad disrespect lol

Though it's still hilarious

Chinaux

Smash Ace
When a DK uses their down taunt, mad disrespect lol

Though it's still hilarious
I remember I was playing ZSS and I killed a dk and taunted with the "is that all?" taunt, then he killed me immediately after and did the shrug taunt. Kinda felt like that was an answer to my taunt.

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
Palutena using her stripper taunt just disrespect for days as well as sonic's taunt
Dude Sonic's side taunt in Brawl was the most insulting and the best taunt ever! ("You're too slow!")

Sadly he doesn't say that in this game. Could you imagine the amount of rage by people getting trolled by Sonic if that line was in the game? Priceless!

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
When people kill you by rolling+spamming projectiles (Pikachu's thunder, Zelda's side-B) and then taunt when they kill you as if they accomplished something.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Nintendo banning me when Nintendo gives me laggy matches + input lag.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Dude Sonic's side taunt in Brawl was the most insulting and the best taunt ever! ("You're too slow!")

Sadly he doesn't say that in this game. Could you imagine the amount of rage by people getting trolled by Sonic if that line was in the game? Priceless!
I hate Peach's taunt where she says "Lalalalala". That is like something a little kid does to annoy you. One of the most disrespectful things for me is double taunting/triple taunt, its like them making fun of you rather then them celebrating.

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
I hate it when people defeat me.

So freaking rude.
I know right! Is as if I should be winning 100% of the time and learn nothing from my match. It's a small world the one we live in right?

Khao

Smash Lord
I know right! Is as if I should be winning 100% of the time and learn nothing from my match. It's a small world the one we live in right?
Exactly! Screw playing and enjoying the game, I only want to see a victory screen with my name on it. But noooooo other people don't understand, they have to ruin my day by actually fighting back and being better than me, it's absolutely outrageous.

Okay okay, time for a serious post, I kinda hate it when my opponent just spams the same strategy over and over. It just makes the game annoying to play and feel like you're just randomly punching a flimsy wall rather than outsmarting someone. Sometimes it works at first, but I instantly learn it and don't fall for it a second time, but it's even worse when the strategy doesn't even work in the first place and they keep insisting on doing the same **** over and over and over. It didn't work once, what makes you thing it suddenly will?

The worst example was this Ike player that just kept running away towards the edges (I mean freaking Ike of all things) and just stayed there charging an attack (forward smash, neutral B, and forward B were pretty much the only choices) expecting me to run into them, it was ridiculous. Dude didn't even try to fight.

It's not even that they're bad players, that's perfectly understandable, I mean I'm probably terrible in the eyes of any halfway decent tournament player.

It's just that they're not even trying to properly learn the game, they suddenly figure they found a perfect winning move, and when it doesn't work, they don't try finding another. They just go again, and again, and again, hoping that their opponent will fall for it by simple chance. That's not playing, that's pretty much randomly betting for the match's outcome, and it's not enjoyable to play against in the slightest.

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
Exactly! Screw playing and enjoying the game, I only want to see a victory screen with my name on it. But noooooo other people don't understand, they have to ruin my day by actually fighting back and being better than me, it's absolutely outrageous.

Okay okay, time for a serious post, I kinda hate it when my opponent just spams the same strategy over and over. It just makes the game annoying to play and feel like you're just randomly punching a flimsy wall rather than outsmarting someone. Sometimes it works at first, but I instantly learn it and don't fall for it a second time, but it's even worse when the strategy doesn't even work in the first place and they keep insisting on doing the same **** over and over and over. It didn't work once, what makes you thing it suddenly will?

The worst example was this Ike player that just kept running away towards the edges (I mean freaking Ike of all things) and just stayed there charging an attack (forward smash, neutral B, and forward B were pretty much the only choices) expecting me to run into them, it was ridiculous. Dude didn't even try to fight.

It's not even that they're bad players, that's perfectly understandable, I mean I'm probably terrible in the eyes of any halfway decent tournament player.

It's just that they're not even trying to properly learn the game, they suddenly figure they found a perfect winning move, and when it doesn't work, they don't try finding another. They just go again, and again, and again, hoping that their opponent will fall for it by simple chance. That's not playing, that's pretty much randomly betting for the match's outcome, and it's not enjoyable to play against in the slightest.
Despair is a confusing thing isn't it?

In my case, what bothers me the most is when I force myself to play online and I have a huge losing streak. I find it that I don't have the energy to play effectively when I'm tired so I go off for days without playing. Then my opponent, without regards of skill or anything, thinks he/she is good at the game (by taunting and repeating the same tactic over and over) because they beat me at a tired mental state of mine.

Oh well...

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
I tend to dislike it when people change characters after winning as if to prevent you from learning the match up or get the runback. People who pick the character you are currently playing as (whether you won or lost the last match) in particular I find to be extremely disrespectful.

Khao

Smash Lord
I tend to dislike it when people change characters after winning as if to prevent you from learning the match up or get the runback. People who pick the character you are currently playing as (whether you won or lost the last match) in particular I find to be extremely disrespectful.
To be fair, there's countless different reasons for changing characters after a victory, or any time. One of them is as simple as not liking to play as the same character two times in a row, or maybe even that they're using the random button (which I do a lot.)

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Spamming, as in "run to the other end of the stage and shoot arrows/lasers/whatever the hell rinse repeat." (Unless you're Duck Hunt, because that's pretty much the way to play him effectively. No Johns there, but with Link and Fox/Falco/Bowser Jr. I'm just like ****ing really?

But my biggest one is taunts. It just comes off as cocky **** to taunt if you don't know the person. If you do, I mean ****in' have at because "I'm really feelin' it!" after a big awesome KO feels great. And it can be hilarious. Otherwise, you just look like a ****.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
When someone beats me because of lag... maybe I am crazy but sometimes I believe they are doing it on purpose.

when my brother gets locked out and I just started a game. I just wish my opponent could stop attacking my AFK body and wait for 16 seconds.

Also people who self destruct in team battle... Sometimes if I have a really bad teammate vs other 2 who have an IQ more than 60 I will try to communicate with them mid match and betray my teammate by throwing my never ending supply of bombs. Maybe they will leave.

Last edited:

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
To be fair, there's countless different reasons for changing characters after a victory, or any time. One of them is as simple as not liking to play as the same character two times in a row, or maybe even that they're using the random button (which I do a lot.)
Maybe, but it will always bother me all the same.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
Whenever anyone keeps me at a distance using projectiles. I know it's a legitimate method, but if you're doing it over and over again, I'll think mean thoughts about you.

For example; sometimes when I play Ganondorf, my opponent will switch to a more projectile heavy character. I'll usually continue to use Ganondorf, out of spite. It doesn't matter how slow he may be, you can't dwarf the 'Dorf.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Lazy counter-picking projectile characters.

AKA switching to a character that has a move that can reflect projectiles (or in Ness' case absorb them) when losing to characters like Robin, Toon Link or Bowser Jr. is disrespectful, lazy, and hilarious.

Seeing a person switch to Fox and use the reflector constantly is both sad and really funny. It's funnier when I land all of my projectiles anyway.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
It's disrespectful imo when a player taunts the other for a kill they didn't earn (when one person accidentally SDs and the other taunts)

Also, I hate it when players grab you and just hang on to you for longer than a second, doing nothing before tossing me.

Tyril132

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tyril132
3DS FC
4957-3662-2945
Honest question here - do people in the smash community really find Taunting mid-match disrespectful? Some of them are pretty swarmy, yeah, but I've always used it as kind of a salute or recognition of another player's skill.

Top Bottom