• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things that you hate to deal with on For Glory?

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Whenever I get repeatedly stomped by a really good player who bothers to character switch to somehow prove a point about how bad I am. I can't tell if they're just playing the game, or if they're laughing their ass off just so they can get montage clips ready.

On the other hand though, I rarely encounter the usual roll-spammers and the more "dreaded" characters on For Glory; I often get a character-based variety of really good players which are still frustrating to battle against. It creates an easy motivation to either play very defensively in a bad way, or to outright throw the towel.

In short, most of the time it's my opponent switching characters during that very tipping point when I happen to be frustrated while using that one character I feel like sticking with, and thus to minus further into my chances I'm very awful at matchup knowledge in Smash.

The taunts and very salty players are often VERY VERY rare; I never have encountered any so far since I see too many good players that hand my ass over on a plate, but maybe it's because it occurs MUCH MORE on the Wii U version than on the 3DS version.

When People switch to the characters I use just to say they're better than me.
THIS.

(Is ONE of the things I agree with, lol)

I hate it when people defeat me.

So freaking rude.
It's common, yes. But it depends on HOW they defeat you lol

I don't find taunting annoying. As a Falcon main, it's the best part of the game.
SHOU MI YO MOVES~

My 2 biggest gripes are

Changing characters after every round or when you win.
I understand it can be boring playing the same character over and over but I find it disrespectful when people win with one character and switch to another. It feels overly arrogant. Personally when I play someone I stick with one character the entire time win or lose. and I expect the same from my opponent. it allows us to learn the our characters and that specific matchup.
I feel the exact same way, but for me I'm such a ****ty player anyway so it just feels more like an insult to the small amount of pride I have whenever I'm getting bodied by good players I frequently meet A LOT.

People picking :4littlemac: right after losing a For Glory match as a different character. I feel like the player is just trying to imply that I don't know how to deal with him and can get an easy win against me with him, and a lot of the time they just leave after losing as him. Whether the player actually thinks :4littlemac: is "overpowered" or can be just used as a way to test a player's lack of skill, the intentions come from a negative view directed towards the opponent.

It should be noted that I don't mean to imply that EVERYONE picking :4littlemac: is like that; I'm directing it towards those that suddenly pick him out of nowhere and just start flailing around without any true knowledge of how to play him.

That, and people charging smashes as if I'm going to run straight into them.
lol, on the very latter that's a VERY bad habit of mine.....

And funny enough, I RARELY have ever encountered the stereotypical :4littlemac:players.

Bowsercides. The bane of my existence.
Be thankful they nerfed that **** in later patches, so if he's on the same stock as you he dies first lol

I have made a few posts on other threads saying basically the same thing. Most players on FG just play to win and don't actually care about getting better at the game, so they just take the easy route and use characters like :4greninja::4littlemac::4lucario::4sonic::4tlink::4zss:etc. to get easy wins online. Whats sad about it is that it your win ratio doesn't even really show how good you are, it just shows you win a lot in online. Win ratio doesn't tell us how good you would do in a tournament against high level players.
THIS MAKES A LOT OF SENSE (thinking back to League of Legends)

Especially when it applies to me.....no wonder.

"People play more to win on For Glory than to improve"

Then if that's the case, where should be the best place to improve then? The temptations of winning in game modes like those are actually pretty damn big compared to just learning and improving.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
As a Cloud main, I hate it when people switch to him only for me to lose. I hate Cloud dittos even if I end up winning.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
As a Cloud main, I hate it when people switch to him only for me to lose. I hate Cloud dittos even if I end up winning.
Then I'm glad I stopped giving a **** about the new characters ever since Roy was added in; I personally gave zero ****s about Ryuu, Cloud and Bayonetta (Oh, that *****. Okay. Boring.)

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
I don't like Cloud non-stop, although lately, I've gotten better at dealing with them; dat blade have some wacked hitboxes...

EDIT: Also, anyone else on 3DS noticed that all of a sudden, there is ZERO players on? I've had this for an entire month...

Last edited:

Dr.Megaman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dr.MM20XX
3DS FC
1392-5817-5075
I don't like Cloud non-stop, although lately, I've gotten better at dealing with them; dat blade have some wacked hitboxes...

EDIT: Also, anyone else on 3DS noticed that all of a sudden, there is ZERO players on? I've had this for an entire month...
Cause no one wants to play a **** version of smash 4 on a small screen.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've always felt that the 3DS version is only meant to be played casually, which I do enjoy, but if I want to do some 1-on-1 For Glory style friendlies, I gots to do it on the big screen.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Cause no one wants to play a **** version of smash 4 on a small screen.

lol I still play the 3DS version; in fact it's the only version I have.

Welp

Right now as I was typing this I'm in this succession with a Cloud player as female Corrin/Kamui.

So far, I haven't been able to beat him more than 3 times, cause he always puts me on edge and wins.
Cue him going "I'm going to give you a free kill and win to prove my LeafyIsHere point of you being so horrible and wasting my time".

So, Mr. Red. Thank you for providing the example of player I HATE the most on For Glory.

Oh look, Red the Cloud player left because my Corrin seemed to have wasted his time. Thanks. You want me to go kill myself like all bad players should now?

Yes, I know I'm a sack of **** for even existing and being worth putting on your Smash ownage montages just cause I'm doing so bad, thank you.

I've always felt that the 3DS version is only meant to be played casually, which I do enjoy, but if I want to do some 1-on-1 For Glory style friendlies, I gots to do it on the big screen.
Well, I guess I must have an awkward sense of luck since I've always been encountering very good players that love to indirectly tell me that I'm wasting their time due to my lack of skill.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, I guess I must have an awkward sense of luck since I've always been encountering very good players that love to indirectly tell me that I'm wasting their time due to my lack of skill.
Most of us get that a lot but I fail to see how fighting those with a lack of skill is such a "waste of time" to them. Of course I'm not ashamed to admit I'm not very good at competitive Smash myself either and probably never will. I just play the game to have fun, not to "git gud" as they say.

And a little friendly reminder here since I noticed you're pretty new to Smashboards. Making three or more posts in a row is considered spam by the mods here. I'd be very careful on that.

Last edited:

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Most of us get that a lot but I fail to see how fighting those with a lack of skill is such a "waste of time" to them. Of course I'm not ashamed to admit I'm not very good at competitive Smash myself either and probably never will. I just play the game to have fun, not to "git gud" as they say.

And a little friendly reminder here since I noticed you're pretty new to Smashboards. Making three or more posts in a row is considered spam by the mods here. I'd be very careful on that.
Yup, ain't I a dumb***? lol

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
One thing that I hate dealing with in For Glory is the whole "Spam" mentality.

No, I'm not talking about spammers. I'm talking about people who think you spam because you have a character with a projectile. It seems like there's a lot of peoples opinions that are extremely skewed on what spamming really is, and I hate it. Using Gyro a few times in a match and they automatically label you as a spammer, even if you didn't use it consecutively 20 times in a row like PK Fire.

I don't get it.

I hate that as a ROB main, and even a King Dedede main I always got someone labeling me as a spammer.

I can use all of their moves, do combos, set-ups, and not even use the same move 3 times in a row and still get "SPAM" thrown my way. No. Using Gyro or Gordos 6 times in a 5 minute match doesn't make a spammer, and I'd like to see how it even qualifies as such.

Now, if I used them 10 or more times in under a minute, per minute? Or if I did ONLY those moves and ignored all the other moves they have? Yes, that would definitely without a doubt, be spamming hands down. People really need to stop going so crazy over a projectile character and think only spammers use them. Life would be so much easier if people understood, but sadly it will never happen.

I can't imagine how badly Samus and Link players that can actually play have it, since they get most of the spam hate.

Last edited:

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
One thing that I hate dealing with in For Glory is the whole "Spam" mentality.

No, I'm not talking about spammers. I'm talking about people who think you spam because you have a character with a projectile. It seems like there's a lot of peoples opinions that are extremely skewed on what spamming really is, and I hate it. Using Gyro a few times in a match and they automatically label you as a spammer, even if you didn't use it consecutively 20 times in a row like PK Fire.

I don't get it.

I hate that as a ROB main, and even a King Dedede main I always got someone labeling me as a spammer.

I can use all of their moves, do combos, set-ups, and not even use the same move 3 times in a row and still get "SPAM" thrown my way. No. Using Gyro or Gordos 6 times in a 5 minute match doesn't make a spammer, and I'd like to see how it even qualifies as such.

Now, if I used them 10 or more times in under a minute, per minute? Or if I did ONLY those moves and ignored all the other moves they have? Yes, that would definitely without a doubt, be spamming hands down. People really need to stop going so crazy over a projectile character and think only spammers use them. Life would be so much easier if people understood, but sadly it will never happen.

I can't imagine how badly Samus and Link players that can actually play have it, since they get most of the spam hate.
Seems so far, one third of the players on For Glory are either too damn good and love to mock weaker players, the second third are spammers, while the latter third are mis-blamed for spamming despite being reasonably good players.

I can sorta relate to you on that; most of the time when I play :4falco:, I usually and ONLY use his Blaster only to bait approaches and to rack up damage ONLY from a distance, even if it's somewhat unsafe (and to control my opponent's recovery direction with midair fire). But during neutral game, I always stay on the move instead trying to poke with my basic moves and aerials.

(And I remember realizing that I don't even use his Reflector at all, especially against one :4peach: player who was on a Conquest; I'm a disgrace to all Falco players lol).

Last edited:

Charizax Z

Smash Rookie
What I hate is when say, I win more matches than my opponent, and when my opponent wins once or twice, and they're about to leave, they change their name to anything that upsets you, like XDXDXDXDXD or NICE TRY. That boils my blood.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Exactly some people just decide to turn into Kanye West after you make the slightest mistake. I hate it when people act like they are so good when they face a player who is not as good, they are not helping anyone get better, they are just annoying people and insulting their skill.
This. Exactly.

This is one reason I can't enjoy the game as much. I have to look out for people who either:

*Leave as soon as they get a win (but then again, they could be just as angry as me and want to just stop playing at that point so I need to speak for myself really)
*Are ready to switch to a low tier (:4ganondorf: and :4charizard:) or :4falcon: just so they can style on me and leave laughing afterwards (time to see myself on Youtube with all the comments bashing my very poor :4falco: skills)

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
I hate when people don`t even try to fight back anymore or dont learn from their mistakes, like they`ve given up already without even finishing what they started. I fought one guy locally today and after losing a couple of matches he starts spamming Palutena`s Angelic Missile, every time he did so I shielded and punished him yet he kept doing that again and again. Then he runs to grab the ledge off stage in an attempt to throw me off by doing the ledge atttack, I simply shield and punish, and yet again he does the same thing like if I some kind of moron who might fall for that oif he keeps doing it several times.
It wasnt fun beating him up, there was no satisfaction and it was a waste of my time. If he was relunctant to play because he dislikes losing so much then he should have said no from the beginning rather than wasting my time.
lol, I don't normally spam (I hope), but I mainly would feel the same exact way of just giving up; online seems to be pretty harsh since you always have to look out for people instant-leavers (but like me, they may be in a bad mood), spammers (rolls, projectile or singular attacks abuse) or those who leave after clearly playing you for a fool by playing as the supposed "disrespectful characters" (:4ganondorf:) just to show off on YouTube.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
There's one characters whose taunts just tick me off: WARIO. 'Nuff said.

Also, if you're doing something annoying like spamming, because you're bored with FG, even if you don't win, the opponent will then switch to that character and try to use your spamming strategy. Happened to me once, thankfully Dimensional Cape is easy to read.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I hate dealing with Bayonetta. It's as if her combo that Nintendo removed is still present. This happened to me tonight and last night. Yoshi is worse. He's a box of bricks. It's as if the reason why his shield is so durable and his face is so tough is because he's so dense. Quite honestly, I also hate having to deal with lag and I hate dealing with people who think they're so good that they leave, even though the match could have gone in my favor. I'm done with For Glory.

Dr.Megaman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dr.MM20XX
3DS FC
1392-5817-5075
This. Exactly.

This is one reason I can't enjoy the game as much. I have to look out for people who either:

*Leave as soon as they get a win (but then again, they could be just as angry as me and want to just stop playing at that point so I need to speak for myself really)
*Are ready to switch to a low tier (:4ganondorf: and :4charizard:) or :4falcon: just so they can style on me and leave laughing afterwards (time to see myself on Youtube with all the comments bashing my very poor :4falco: skills)
This is why you go to locals and you won't see this type of behavior.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
This is why you go to locals and you won't see this type of behavior.
Yeah, pretty much.

I also recently looked at more posts that say another major contributor to this unhealthy mindset most of us (e.g. me) go through is the lack of communication between players in a good chuck of the online modes.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
People who have an awful internet connection, play extremely lame, and get really salty/disrespectful regardless of the outcome.

Metagame

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cryojager
3DS FC
4527-7429-0982
I know this is kind of breaking the rule you set here, but I hate when people switch to Cloud as an "instant win button" after losing about five matches, especially when they start over taunting and leave when I lose.

Top Bottom