• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things that you hate to deal with on For Glory?

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
What I hate is when I go in and make some good hits in a team match and my partner just totally sucks or doesn't know how to help me. I consider myself more of a team Smasher, and when an assigned partner doesn't pick up his share, it bugs me. This can also just mean the other team goes wombo combo on my poor Kirby thrice or four times and my partner is doing as little as possible, with no KOs to our credit in the end.

My Team record should be a lot better than it is, that's for sure.
This is basically the only reason I don't play Team Matches. It's so difficult IMO to find someone who actually tries to work with you, or even be aware that you're there. I've had plenty a time where I've been having my rear handed to me while my "partner" is charging attacks or just straight up taunting on the other side of the stage, and basically leaving me helpless.

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
By the way I often hope that other players recognize that the damage you do counts a lot in team games. I sometimes play Lucina or Meta Knight in Team Games, and I do a lot of damage, but my ally got Charizard and gets all the kills while I end up with -1. The KO Ratio should not be overrated.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Charizard and Wario players spamming side-b all day. This will be the end of me one day... A charizard using his good ol' Side-B on me...

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
This is basically the only reason I don't play Team Matches. It's so difficult IMO to find someone who actually tries to work with you, or even be aware that you're there. I've had plenty a time where I've been having my rear handed to me while my "partner" is charging attacks or just straight up taunting on the other side of the stage, and basically leaving me helpless.
I do remember one good round I saved before 1.0.4 and no longer have on replay because of that. I was the guy who had been KOed, both opponents were KOed, and my teammate's damage was higher, so I basically drop kicked and drew attention to me by constantly attacking them while my partner bailed. That player seemed to know what I was doing. In the end that match was a win, 2 KOs to 1.

But back to what you said, yeah, I have been the weak guy and I get chased around. I did avoid a certain bounty hunter once by doing that in a singles competition after I got the KO on her, but it's harder to avoid someone than it is to battle them, and with 15-20 seconds left and a slim lead, with no chance of a KO for you again, you have no choice but to play defensively and, sometimes, chicken. Singles OR doubles.

SSBSteve

Smash Rookie
I saw this thread and just had to sign up to post!

Anywho here are my top hated things to deal with (WARNING: Lots to read):

• Players changing their names after a match
I had started playing Meta Knight and was up against I think was a Captain Falcon. I lost our first match and my opponent changed their name to "HAHAHA". As irritating as that was I continued onto a second battle with this player. Same characters again and again I lost the second time.

This time round my opponent changed his name to "U.SUCK" and that drove me up the wall. I knew my skills with Meta Knight were not the greatest so I changed to my previous main, King Dedede. From then on I continued to 1-2 stock the guy for the next 5 rounds.
The guy was obviously not enjoying this as he switched over to Little Mac after losing once. He switched back to Captain Falcon on the last round but that did not save him.

• Players that change to Jigglypuff after winning
I was having a tough time fighting this one opponent (they played Captain Falcon) and they destroyed me without losing 1 health. This didn't add in the fact there was noticeable lag and spikes throughout the match. This went on for 2 matches of my ass being kicked but that was fine, I was practising anyway.

The 3rd match started the the guy changed to Jigglypuff and throughout the whole match was trying to Sing and Sleep the entire match. I personally would not have minded if he was serious about playing Jigglypuff, but I just found this my most disrespectful moment in smash. Mocking me as if I am that easy to beat.

• Opponent taunting after I Self Destruct
This one looks like a popular thing through out this thread! I usually taunt before a match starts and when my opponent taunts. Its also never to mock and to show my respect / acknowledgement. Given that I never attack someone that is in the middle of a taunt.

Given this I will taunt after defeating an opponent that taunts me for my accidental suicide.

• Running and Camping
I understand this is a legitimate game tactic...But its absolutely a method of play I hate. The match immediately becomes stale and a chore to fight. Its even worse when the match continues into SUDDEN DEATH and they win from that 1 hit.

This is the only thing that causes me to leave a match other than actually having to go.

• Opponent selecting your character after losing
(EDIT: Adding one more) My Meta Knight game has been getting better and I defeated my opponents character. They went to switch to Meta Knight next match (Which i'm guessing he thinks is OP like the Brawl version?) so it was a MK vs MK battle.

I took out his first stock through combos, smashes and gimping while he dealt around 20% to me. As soon as he respawned he jumped off stage to suicide. I don't see why he just didn't try.

Well... That's my list. Great to finally get this off my chest!

Last edited:

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
I saw this thread and just had to sign up to post!

Anywho here are my top hated things to deal with (WARNING: Lots to read):

• Players changing their names after a match
I had started playing Meta Knight and was up against I think was a Captain Falcon. I lost our first match and my opponent changed their name to "HAHAHA". As irritating as that was I continued onto a second battle with this player. Same characters again and again I lost the second time.

This time round my opponent changed his name to "U.SUCK" and that drove me up the wall. I knew my skills with Meta Knight were not the greatest so I changed to my previous main, King Dedede. From then on I continued to 1-2 stock the guy for the next 5 rounds.
The guy was obviously not enjoying this as he switched over to Little Mac after losing once. He switched back to Captain Falcon on the last round but that did not save him.

• Players that change to Jigglypuff after winning
I was having a tough time fighting this one opponent (they played Captain Falcon) and they destroyed me without losing 1 health. This didn't add in the fact there was noticeable lag and spikes throughout the match. This went on for 2 matches of my *** being kicked but that was fine, I was practising anyway.

The 3rd match started the the guy changed to Jigglypuff and throughout the whole match was trying to Sing and Sleep the entire match. I personally would not have minded if he was serious about playing Jigglypuff, but I just found this my most disrespectful moment in smash. Mocking me as if I am that easy to beat.

• Opponent taunting after I Self Destruct
This one looks like a popular thing through out this thread! I usually taunt before a match starts and when my opponent taunts. Its also never to mock and to show my respect / acknowledgement. Given that I never attack someone that is in the middle of a taunt.

Given this I will taunt after defeating an opponent that taunts me for my accidental suicide.

• Running and Camping
I understand this is a legitimate game tactic...But its absolutely a method of play I hate. The match immediately becomes stale and a chore to fight. Its even worse when the match continues into SUDDEN DEATH and they win from that 1 hit.

This is the only thing that causes me to leave a match other than actually having to go.

• Opponent selecting your character after losing
(EDIT: Adding one more) My Meta Knight game has been getting better and I defeated my opponents character. They went to switch to Meta Knight next match (Which i'm guessing he thinks is OP like the Brawl version?) so it was a MK vs MK battle.

I took out his first stock through combos, smashes and gimping while he dealt around 20% to me. As soon as he respawned he jumped off stage to suicide. I don't see why he just didn't try.

Well... That's my list. Great to finally get this off my chest!
I agree with almost all of this! Though I'm a bit more strict.
I hate when people change their characters in general. Just stick to one character. You can't really learn anything if you keep changing characters after every match.

I don't mind when people change their Name Tags after every match, HOWEVER I do Mind if they are saying stuff like "Lol U Suck" "Ur Bad". ~ Positive Tags Like "GG" - "Good Games" ETC I'm okay with.

I also Dislike when I'm the only one making an effort to approach. Like I'm okay with some defensive play but being over defensive it very boring.

Last edited:

SSBSteve

Smash Rookie
I agree with almost all of this! Though I'm a bit more strict.
I hate when people change their characters in general. Just stick to one character. You can't really learn anything if you keep changing characters after every match.

I don't mind when people change their Name Tags after every match, HOWEVER I do Mind if they are saying stuff like "Lol U Suck" "Ur Bad". ~ Positive Tags Like "GG" - "Good Games" ETC I'm okay with.

I also Dislike when I'm the only one making an effort to approach. Like I'm okay with some defensive play but being over defensive it very boring.
Ah just to correct my self as I the title I wrote was vague, I did mean exactly that regarding name changes. I sometimes see players name change to signify another player. At these times I know I need to be ready for a completely different play style!

I was playing a game just now and the player switched to my character after losing. What a coincidence after what I wrote above...

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
To be honest its probably a bunch of 10 year olds changing his or her name to be rude online. I do however dislike that people roll across the stage even when they are taking massive damage from being punished for doing so.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I have respect for Toon Link players. They put in as much practice and skill into their character as anyone else. But I don't like fighting them.

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
I have respect for Toon Link players. They put in as much practice and skill into their character as anyone else. But I don't like fighting them.
And you just attracted Toon Link mains to the thread with that...

Personally, I tried Toon Link in Smash Run and found him very playable; I did better with him than regular Link. I'm considering whether to try him as an alternate main.

Universe303

Smash Rookie
Pretty sure it would be the projectile spammers. Honestly I can't win against these characters...
:4samus::4duckhunt::4ness::4tlink::4link::4megaman::4wario:
Without counter-picking Villager.... just to spam back. I may sound like the stereotypical For Glory noob (Which I definitely am) but people really need to step up their games.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
People taunting when I SDI by something stupid, like me fast-falling + doing an down-air.

link2702

Smash Champion
Bayonetta players, all of them. She's op'd and broken as hell. Sure not mk brawl broken, but still op'd enough to need a heavy nerf. It's a shame too since smash 4 was fairly well balanced overall before she was added

Machii

Smash Apprentice
People spamming projectiles. Seriously, its a large flat stage in a game that favors projectiles to begin with. Its not that I can't deal with it, but it is extremely annoying to do so.

What else...
Players leaving lobbies as soon as they lose a single match. We can go 1 -1 , and some players will leave without a third match to complete a set.
Talking trash right before exiting a lobby. WTF? At least give me a chance to bring my A game after you talk ****.

For real though, For Glory is full of crappy players that exploit FD.

Machii

Smash Apprentice
It's disrespectful imo when a player taunts the other for a kill they didn't earn (when one person accidentally SDs and the other taunts)

Also, I hate it when players grab you and just hang on to you for longer than a second, doing nothing before tossing me.
The grab stall is most likely to throw off your D.I. .

Machii

Smash Apprentice
Honest question here - do people in the smash community really find Taunting mid-match disrespectful? Some of them are pretty swarmy, yeah, but I've always used it as kind of a salute or recognition of another player's skill.
Exactly. Tea-bagging is a show of disrespect.

Machii

Smash Apprentice
That happen to me yesterday when I was using Marth and then they switched to him and beat me so fast. I was not annoyed because they were pretty good with him so I assume they have experience with them instead of just trying to make me feel bad by beating me with my own main.
When People switch to the characters I use just to say they're better than me.
Smash 4 really is a game of Match-Ups though. Mirror matches are the most even matches between two players. I genuinely have fun with ditto's sometimes.
But at the same time, if you can only play Cloud and decide to show disrespect in any matches, I will mirror you because Cloud is not only OP, he is extremely accessible ( easy to play ). Same with Pikachu thunder-jolt spam; learn to quick-attack.

Last edited:

EliteGhost

Smash Rookie
If you've won a few matches, and then your opponent decides to play as your main, and destroys you.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Opponent wise, Jigglypuff, Kirby, and R.O.B. I just don't have a good time against any of those three.

People complaining about lag. Like yeah, lag is horrible, but my solution is to just leave. Like what's the point of name tagging "LAG"? There's a point where it becomes stupidly annoying. And I just hate complaining in general.

People mirror matching your character the next round? Check, but in my case, they end up getting wrecked by my Link anyways.

But of course, the one thing I hate dealing with remains the same. And that's in Team Smash when you're getting wrecked and your partner does absolutely NOTHING.

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
Spammers..I could probaly beat you with the right tactic

But you know what

**** your spammery gonna style and be on your face even if I keep running in to your ****ing Gordos all the time

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Someone I fought on For Glory had the tag "Random" and I decided to play random too just for some fun matches.
They get different characters for a while, and then they decide to play as Dark Toon Link for 2 matches in a row.
Really? Come on bro, who are you trying to fool here?
Knowing how some people act on For Glory it wouldn't surprise me if they pretend to play random hoping to get easy wins when the other person goes random too. Sometimes there just can't be nice things.

Last edited:

ItsASquid

Smash Apprentice
Zero Skill Spamus. People complain about Mac and suchlike being safer in the lag, but she's unstoppable. You might be able to bait out the occasional grab, but if you can't do that, you're utterly screwed unless you pick an equally quick character, and hope the lag doesn't make all her attacks and dodges outlast your attempts to counter.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Bayonetta players, all of them. She's op'd and broken as hell. Sure not mk brawl broken, but still op'd enough to need a heavy nerf. It's a shame too since smash 4 was fairly well balanced overall before she was added
I completely agree that game was much better in most cases before 1.1.4 hit..
Bayo & Corrin kinda killed Sm4sh tbh.

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
I completely agree that game was much better in most cases before 1.1.4 hit..
Bayo & Corrin kinda killed Sm4sh tbh.
Corrin could do with a nerf in a couple of areas, but...

Bayonetta. Just... Bayonetta. I've been rekt twice by bayonetta's doing normally impossible combos (as in, most other characters take a bit of skill to combo)
Thankfully, for me, they're few and far between.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Corrin could do with a nerf in a couple of areas, but...

Bayonetta. Just... Bayonetta. I've been rekt twice by bayonetta's doing normally impossible combos (as in, most other characters take a bit of skill to combo)
Thankfully, for me, they're few and far between.
Funny enough when they both released Bayo was the 1 that i thought was more OP but as time went on i learned that Corrin is way worse...

That Counter is not far of from having a infinite 1HKO punch.
Its litreally a Press and Win Button/Move.....

ItsASquid

Smash Apprentice
Also clutch-Lucarios with rage and aura. One stray aura sphere or smash, and all your hard work is undone.

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
Funny enough when they both released Bayo was the 1 that i thought was more OP but as time went on i learned that Corrin is way worse...

That Counter is not far of from having a infinite 1HKO punch.
Its litreally a Press and Win Button/Move.....
Well, if you land the counter that is. And that's what makes spammers easy to punish! ;)

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
Even better, I found someone WHO KNOWS HIM. I have no sympathy for making a person who does this look like a fool.
LOL! :grin: That's got to be the weirdest case of bad luck I've ever seen.

EDIT: And I so wish I could VS your little Mac to prove the "always side-b" little macs are few and far between!

Last edited:

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
On another more positive note, I did have a pretty intense match with a sonic player that was actually good. (i.e. don't spam side-b... like Little Macs do. :p) Damn, did he wreck my mega man!

Last edited:

Segastorm

Smash Apprentice
For me, it's people who leave after one game that wasn't laggy and really close. I love it when I meet someone with a similar skill level to mine, so I'd do multiple games with a person.

Arrei

Smash Lord
The salty loser who have to message you to feel good about themselves
Oh, those are always hilarious. I had one try to tell me "USUCK:)" in his tag after he lost to me, so I simply quipped back "ULOST:)" and left. After all, if someone sucks and you lose to them...

Later on, I found a friend request from him. "hahaha white trash", it said.

That... kind of falls flat when you're not even white, don't you think? It still makes me snicker when I remember it. Ah, For Glory.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
Oh, those are always hilarious. I had one try to tell me "USUCK:)" in his tag after he lost to me, so I simply quipped back "ULOST:)" and left. After all, if someone sucks and you lose to them...

Later on, I found a friend request from him. "hahaha white trash", it said.

That... kind of falls flat when you're not even white, don't you think? It still makes me snicker when I remember it. Ah, For Glory.
Everybody is a white male on the Internet. We're all the same.
(This isn't meant to be construed as racist, it's a play on the "there are no women on the Internet" Joke)

Last edited:

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
For me, it's people who leave after one game that wasn't laggy and really close. I love it when I meet someone with a similar skill level to mine, so I'd do multiple games with a person.
That, and half the time, I end up matched with someone using a tin can afterwards!!! (Dang... dat connection before...)

Top Bottom