• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things that you hate to deal with on For Glory?

Yellowpikmin476

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yellowpikmin476
3DS FC
4854-6467-1287
Another thing that bothers me(which really shouldn't, because it's a viable tactic) is when people start charging their "charge" move while they wait for you to respawn, I just don't like "charge and then use whenever" type moves in general TBH

SagaTheMeow

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SagaTheNetwork
3DS FC
4399-1366-7597
I am curious as to why you guys find us "suiciders/Match refusers" disrespectful.

I think i can speak for the majority of us when i say that i play to have a good time, and thus i do not feel like playing matches against cheap characters ( I.E : Lil´Mac ) or against people that play so better than i do that i can barely touch them at all.

And it´s not like we disconnect or pull our card, we simply suicide, give you the win, and move to funnier matches.

I do not see how that is negative or disrespectful for either of us.

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I am curious as to why you guys find us "suiciders/Match refusers" disrespectful.

I think i can speak for the majority of us when i say that i play to have a good time, and thus i do not feel like playing matches against cheap characters ( I.E : Lil´Mac ) or against people that play so better than i do that i can barely touch them at all.

And it´s not like we disconnect or pull our card, we simply suicide, give you the win, and move to funnier matches.

Well, to me, it's just plain out lazy. -and kind of a waste of time. It's pretty disrespectful to not put up a fight in a fighting game, regardless of how little fun you're having against your opponent. You can quit after the match ends - why waste time joining just to quit?

I've played games where I've been absoloutely decimated before, against chracters I'm ashamed I even had trouble against. Did I quit? Hells no. People like it when you go down swinging, they like the idea of an exciting fight or potential comeback. -and even if the game is not even close, they'd rather say it was a fair fight. Simply put, people don't like it when you steal their thunder, or take the excitement of a good away.

...If you're gonna SD against someone because they're beating on you hard, you might as well just SD at the first signs of loss, IMO.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings

Because it is generally seen as it being disrespectful when you don't want to bother putting up a fight. The only reason I would SD to get out of a match is if the connection is terrible or I just don't feel like having to put up with someone T-bagging me any longer. You can 0-death me and I won't just quit unless you decide to be a jerk about it and try to insult my skill. SDing to leave a match is just wasting the other person's time because you don't want to stay and learn how to beat them. Learn to take a loss no matter how bad it is and keep playing them so you can learn. It is not like anybody will actually care about someone else's for glory record anyways.

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452

Well because most of the people I've encountered do it right after I get their first stock. Heck I've even had the same guy do it immediately after the match started. And he didn't do it once, oh no, I encountered the same guy again, and he did the SAME DANG THING. And do you know what is more stupid about it? There was no evident lag!

EDIT: Little Mac a cheap character? Lol maybe back when people first started the game, but now he's not even that difficult to beat. Also you can't learn how to beat them in the first place if you just SD when you're losing.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
Taunts at the beginning, I'm fine with. During the match or because I SD'd, not cool. Just makes the victory that much more satisfying KOing someone who taunts at you. I fought a Zamus who took a stock off me and used the taunt where she says, "Is that all?" I beat her. A similar thing happened when I fought a Falco and he used the taunt, "Get some," so I gave him a PK Thunder 2.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I always found it really irritating when someone always finds something to complain about when you play with them.

My brother always says things like "can you stop doing this or that" or "you gave me the bad controller" and the list can continue on for days. When in reality, he just keeps committing to things that will lead to him getting punished. Even when I respond to something like "YO I PUT UP MY SHIELD" and I say "you were still in lag", he responds with "this isn't Maplestory", like really...? Pretty sure this isn't Maplestory anyways.

He gets especially mad when I get the KO with B-Throw (I'm a Ness main), but is it really my fault he chooses to not adapt to the situations?

Aurora2698

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aurora2698
3DS FC
1633-5618-1082
Switch FC
SW 2299 3743 5305
I always found it really irritating when someone always finds something to complain about when you play with them.

My brother always says things like "can you stop doing this or that" or "you gave me the bad controller" and the list can continue on for days. When in reality, he just keeps committing to things that will lead to him getting punished. Even when I respond to something like "YO I PUT UP MY SHIELD" and I say "you were still in lag", he responds with "this isn't Maplestory", like really...? Pretty sure this isn't Maplestory anyways.

He gets especially mad when I get the KO with B-Throw (I'm a Ness main), but is it really my fault he chooses to not adapt to the situations?
If he's that hardheaded then it's his problem and he will not be able to improve as a player. My sister does the same thing, which just makes beating her that much more satisfying.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I think I posted one already but there is like 450 pages on top of it so I'm gonna do it again.

When people wreck you and then switch to your character to show off. I can tell when it's all in good fun instead of "lol ur bad"

Meowser

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChronoRabbit
When people wreck you and then switch to your character to show off. I can tell when it's all in good fun instead of "lol ur bad"
I had this very thing happen to me yesterday. Turns out my Bowser was inferior to his Link, but he couldn't play Bowser for ****. Very satisfying to two-stock him back.

I absolutely hate it when this happens:
You fight a guy (or girl, you never know when they have faces made of dots) and he bodies you, but you keep rematching because he's not -that- good, you're just unfamiliar with the MU or want to overcome him. Then, at the point where you can actually almost/barely take one stock off him without being at 200% on your second one...
...he just stops playing. Walks up to you without resistance, I don't know why. Maybe to give you a "free" win or to be a condescending bag of snot-beetles, or maybe he's afraid to actually lose and thus takes away all sense of satisfaction by not putting up a fight. I don't care what the intentions are, it's just incredibly infuriating to me. I'd rather have people body me one last time and then disconnect from the session.

Also, minor quarrel but people who taunt after you fumble a ledge recovery.

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
People who SD when they're being zoned out. They eat 3 projectiles to the face and then kill themselves. I don't get that at all and its irritating when the player is otherwise good enough to have a match.

And people who leave after one good game with good connection. The game was close, the connection was good, y u leave me?

greyzwolf

Smash Rookie
NNID
greyzwolf
3DS FC
3995-7675-7651
1) In For Glory when a match start and my opponent doesn't move or do anything for a while, so i wait until they are ready before attacking because they might be AFC or something, and they rush me without giving some kind of signal with some sort of input that they are ready to start when i'm not....Dude...seriously
2) When I SD and they taunt...no

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I don't find anything disrespectful in particular. When someone beats me quickly and disconnects, my feelings are hurt for a little bit, but then I get over it. I'm probably not fun to play if you're any good. Maybe they were interrupted and had to leave quickly. Maybe it's late where they live and they promised themselves this was the last round of online Smash they'd play. Maybe they just didn't want to play anymore. God knows I get tired of playing.

Also, when someone wipes the floor with me, I'll probably leave. This isn't some mentor-student relationship where they're showing me their ways and I must study them; it's a game and if neither of us are likely to enjoy it, I see no reason to keep playing with you. I'll never be good at Smash - I've accepted that and moved on.

If a match was close and fun, I'll probably stay. If they leave, I'll be disappointed, but once again, life happens. Smash is what I do to relax and chill after a tough day.

I'm wondering how many people I've unintentionally disrespected online. "freaking yoshi players with their egg spamming and forward smashes ugh so stupid and they ragequit too wow cry moar" Rest assured, I have no intention of disrespecting people, but I'm vaguely amused at the prospect of someone interpreting my actions as disrespectful.

Sham4n

Smash Rookie
I just hate when people just pick characters to win by spamming moves, like using Little Mac and spamming Side B(Which usually leads to SDing) or spamming lasers with Fox. But I do find it extremely enjoyable when they pick my mains, because I can choose them next match and show them that they can do more than Neutral-Bing.

Icebound

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1650-2557-8575
Taunting after you SD. Also spamming crouch (or holding crouch with Dedede I detest) after a kill can get pretty annoying.

I taunt when I get a flashy KO. That's all. I expect my opponents to do it back too. There're only 2 more cases when I taunt. One when I break someone's shield with Marth's neutral B. I up taunt and flash my sword before I tipper them to their death. Also the occasional Yoshi egg lay off the edge KO. It's just really funny.

Also when I'm waiting for someone to respawn whether they SD'ed or not, I always jump around, fast fall, and use Nairs & tilts to stay warmed up.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Any line of dialogue that comes out of :4darkpit:'s mouth tends to rubs me the wrong way for some reason. Maybe it's his attitude.

TheSteveEngine

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSteveEngine
3DS FC
3909-7548-2082
Not a lot of things bother me in For Glory, with one exception.

People with extremely bad connection.

Sure, I don't mind having a few frames skip, but if our fight looks like a broken MS Powerpoint Slideshow, I'm leaving.
(A lot of these people generally aren't even that good either.)

I guess this isn't really disrespectful, but more of something I find annoying. Oops.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Not a lot of things bother me in For Glory, with one exception.

People with extremely bad connection.

Sure, I don't mind having a few frames skip, but if our fight looks like a broken MS Powerpoint Slideshow, I'm leaving.
(A lot of these people generally aren't even that good either.)

I guess this isn't really disrespectful, but more of something I find annoying. Oops.
Eh its fine, I gave up on keeping this about things that are actually disrespectful,but now it is more about what you don't like to deal with in FG. I think I'll just change the title and edit the OP to make it more accurate.

waluigithewalrus

Smash Cadet
Input lag. There are certain occasions where I'll end up getting like 1 second input lag showing up on my moves. When this happens it's impossible for me to do anything, especially being a Dedede and relying on punishes and good reaction times to win. I've actually offed myself to make the match end for that reason. I don't have a clue what causes it, because it only happens for one match every 3 or 4 days.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Well I just ran into one of the worst types of players for me. They beat me in our first match,but I won the next one. After they lose they switch characters. They ended up losing again and they switched again to Diddy. Are you really getting so serious about winning that you decide to switch over to Diddy just to try to win? Anyways I still ended up beating them and their Diddy was not that good, so I think they don't even use him normally which would make them look even worse.

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
I wanna say anytime someone quits when I pulled out DHD (my main) after rounds with my alts, but I can never be sure that's why they quit. I do tend to lose opponents more often with him than Oli or Wario.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
MU abusers - they pretty much make it impossible to keep playing a character you like. I get it, you wanna win, but if you have to resort to playing certain characters just to hard counter strategies, you really need to up your main's game, especially if you're visibly bad as said counter character, but put up a good fight as your main.

Actually, given, this extends to basically anyone who swaps characters after putting up a good fight, solely under the impression that they'll win. Played against some genuinely fun players who'd win a few games, then after losing for the first time would either straight up quit or change characters to someone they're obviously inexperienced as. I really don't get the reasoning behind it at all.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
The sudden increase of bad Ness users who just spam PK Thunder.
Or PK Fire.
...-or, y'know spamming any move of any character. I could probably list a ton of moves that bad players will choose a character for just to spam. Why do it? Where's the fun in using the same thing over and over again, especially if you're just gonna get countered?

SagaTheMeow

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SagaTheNetwork
3DS FC
4399-1366-7597
I think there is only one thing i HATE when playing online.

Has it ever happened to you guys, that you find yourself playing a lot better than your rival, but he still manages to win every battle due to a combination of luck, screw ups by your part and/or the fact he uses a character you have little experience against?

Or the kind of player that tends to suck at pretty much everything except one aspect of the game, but does that one aspect so well that still manages to scratch the win at the end?

(For instance, a player that generally plays poorly but is very good at preventing recoveries)

This is what i hate xD

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Obvious sandbagging after winning against me a couple times. If I'm still trying to play you at your best and you're at the point of just messing with me then I'll probably SD twice and leave.

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
There are so many people which goal just seems to be to piss you off. And yeah, that pisses me off. Not so much the things they do, but the mindset behind that.

That does especially happen when I give a rematch after I had a lucky win. Some people are trying really hard not only to win, but in a certain "pwnage" kind of way, like with an early spike, a falcon punch, or a rest. Their goal is just to make you look bad, just because I "dared" to win.

I know that there are a lots of better and worse players then me, so I am not offended if I randomly play someone who is better.

Actually, given, this extends to basically anyone who swaps characters after putting up a good fight, solely under the impression that they'll win. Played against some genuinely fun players who'd win a few games, then after losing for the first time would either straight up quit or change characters to someone they're obviously inexperienced as. I really don't get the reasoning behind it at all.
I can tell you why I am doing this from time to time. I got 3 about equally good "main characters" and in my experience the opponents often leave or switch to some worse character after they won twice. That would be sad in many situations. I am not switching to "hard counters" I cannot play though.

Last edited:

Dr.Megaman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dr.MM20XX
3DS FC
1392-5817-5075
When i'm about to two stock someone in for glory mode , me and my opponent is at 200% ( I have one extra stock) My opponent kills me then taunts. How do you have the balls to taunt at a really high percentage? One smash attack and the game is over. That really pisses me off.

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
ROB.

I swear every ROB player I've ever encountered in For Glory plays him exactly the same way.

Throw out spinner > fire shot > opponent approaching? > down smash > roll, roll, roll away > fire weak laser > opponent approaching? > downsmash > roll, roll, roll away > spinner > fire laser > opponent approaching? > side special > did they shield it? > downsmash > roll, roll, roll away

It's just tedious, and it's not even effective because I play Fox and so the projectile keep-away game doesn't even work. Not to mention he's heavy and can recover all the way from the grave.

Tomberry

Smash Cadet
NNID
TeeLew15
When i'm about to two stock someone in for glory mode , me and my opponent is at 200% ( I have one extra stock) My opponent kills me then taunts. How do you have the balls to taunt at a really high percentage? One smash attack and the game is over. That really pisses me off.
You sir nailed it 100%
I'm sure someone said it but when you win a match and someone uses Nicknames to express their feelings towards you in the most Negative of ways. If I lose (Even in Lag) I'll say a GG or give a shout out to that character but I won't make a name to disrespect someone.

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
Two of the top of head

1:stalling,it irritates me to no end than having someone beat you because he stalled and lamed you out in sudden death,people really care about that win rate.

2:lag,it sucks trying to play in slow motion,it's even more annoying when my opponent knows it's lagging bad and taunt When I sd.

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Just learned the hard way that I really hate people who just embarrass themselves online.

Ended up in a Ganon vs ZSS matchup after a good 10:1 win/loss ratio against the same guy as a variety of different characters (Even going as far to beat him in a mirror match twice.), then the guy decides to get cocky because he's in the lead and the MU is in his favour, teabagging when he downed my first stock, etc. Anyway, after that, I wasted both of his stocks in a minute, taking only 30% - the second of which I took with a double Warlock Punch string. How you fall into that, I'll never know.

I would have quit after that if they hadn't done the honours themselves. Don't make an idiot of yourself online, folks. It only leads to salt.

StripedNinja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StripedNinja
Taunting after you SD. Also spamming crouch (or holding crouch with Dedede I detest) after a kill can get pretty annoying.

I taunt when I get a flashy KO. That's all. I expect my opponents to do it back too. There're only 2 more cases when I taunt. One when I break someone's shield with Marth's neutral B. I up taunt and flash my sword before I tipper them to their death. Also the occasional Yoshi egg lay off the edge KO. It's just really funny.

Also when I'm waiting for someone to respawn whether they SD'ed or not, I always jump around, fast fall, and use Nairs & tilts to stay warmed up.
Are you kidding me? Taunting when you break someone's shield is MORE obnoxious. You're telling them "ha, you're helpless and dead and I can do whatever I want in the meantime". Now not only are you taunting at their immanent death, but you're PROLONGING the time they have to wait to get back into the match intentionally.

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
He is glad of not being 2-stocked. Why not? :) Maybe he thinks you are great and proud that he managed to take at least one stock. Is only the better player allowed to be proud of something?

Last edited:

StripedNinja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StripedNinja
He is glad of not being 2-stocked. Why not? :) Maybe he thinks you are great and proud that he managed to take at least one stock. Is only the better player allowed to be proud of something?
Because it's rude and not being two-stocked is not a feat. It isn't deserved.

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
What I hate is when I go in and make some good hits in a team match and my partner just totally sucks or doesn't know how to help me. I consider myself more of a team Smasher, and when an assigned partner doesn't pick up his share, it bugs me. This can also just mean the other team goes wombo combo on my poor Kirby thrice or four times and my partner is doing as little as possible, with no KOs to our credit in the end.

My Team record should be a lot better than it is, that's for sure.

Top Bottom