• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social There are three of us now?! Good thing we are the true Link.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I think you're right. Although it would be suprising to have Toon Link use a different boomerang than the one from WW.

You know what would have been a cool new boomerang for Champion Link:

:p

Joking aside, i would have loved to see the Lizal Boomerang for Link, i think it's the most common in BotW. Classic boomerangs are pretty rare in the game.
uqAK9HX.jpg

One of these one would look pretty cool.

Also makes me question why wasn’t the gale boomerang in Botw?

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
If you guys could change some things about BotW, what would you do? I'd make the climbing gear bonus make it so you don't slip in the rain. Allow the Master Cycle to drive in the volcano and desert. Add a clawshot rune. Limit random Yiga spawns to areas around their base. Increase weapon durability by 50%. Increase DLC armor values so they can be upgraded to be on par with normal outfits. Require all 4 beasts freed to break a barrior around Hyrule castle (at least then you'd feel like they served a purpose).

I'd make the climbing gear bonus make it so you don't slip in the rain. Allow the Master Cycle to drive in the volcano and desert. Add a clawshot rune. Limit random Yiga spawns to areas around their base. Increase weapon durability by 50%. Increase DLC armor values so they can be upgraded to be on par with normal outfits.
That's some pretty sick ideas.

Require all 4 beasts freed to break a barrior around Hyrule castle (at least then you'd feel like they served a purpose).
I kind of like the possibility of taking on Ganon (should i say the 'Ganons') right from the start (post Plateau). It gives a extra layer of difficulty imo, a 'very hard'/Dark Souls :p option. I've tried a few times, failed everytime so far, Thunderblight usually kicks my butt.

If you guys could change some things about BotW, what would you do?
- I would add a forge somewhere (Kakariko probably or Goron City) where someone could repair a weapon or a shield(a limited number of times).
- More items from previous Zelda games (mainly for the sake of easter eggs and nostalgia) e.g. Mirror Shield, Lantern, Deku Nuts, this:
the gale boomerang
- More temples or inside locations other than shrines and Beasts. Preferably with some nods to previous games like a Spirit Temple in ruins or the ruins of one of Ganon's Tower for example.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
If you guys could change some things about BotW, what would you do? I'd make the climbing gear bonus make it so you don't slip in the rain. Allow the Master Cycle to drive in the volcano and desert. Add a clawshot rune. Limit random Yiga spawns to areas around their base. Increase weapon durability by 50%. Increase DLC armor values so they can be upgraded to be on par with normal outfits. Require all 4 beasts freed to break a barrior around Hyrule castle (at least then you'd feel like they served a purpose).
Definitely the Clawshot. I remember reading somewhere that apparently it broke the climbing mechanic so it was remove, which is silly since there are so many ways to easily have made it more limit (such as making it a ruin that has a ridiculous recharge time or a usable item that has to be repaired when broken).
Having a Weapons Smith to upgrade equipment (if not at the very least increase durability for a hefty price like 10 diamonds) would be nice since there are so many cool early weapons (I love all the Zora gear) yet it's just so weak both damage and durability wise
But my biggest change I would want to make isn't gameplay; it would be to actually change the time when the game is set. Isn't of being 100 years in the future where we are told we failed and have all the cool Champions suck behind a very limited interaction, make it instead during the events of Ganon's return and show us how everyone fails and let us have cool interactions with the Champions

Also secret playable Zelda or Linkle would be pretty cool even if it's just cosmetic

:135:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Okay I won’t lie guys. I haven’t played botw because I don’t have a switch, and my wii u game bad was on it dock on in the basement when a flood hit. Also I’m poor lol gotta cut more grass and smash more pots I guess

But Anyway, you can drive the master cycle in the desert? That seems like an oversight and a disappointment.

Truth be told I need an opinion, i don’t have a switch yet but am saving for one or waiting for a good bundle to come around.

So question

A should I get a switch around the time smash comes out or wait for the new Switch?

B if I wait for a new switch and a new Zelda is coming around. Is BOTW worth it? I will be content with Smash as I try to remain productive and not play to many video games as I grow older.

But from what I hear it sounds great with a lot of little issues. The dlc seemed to be taken as meh as well.

C okay I lied I payed a minute at bust buy to see the controls, can you change the controls around. Jump on y is painful on the joycons

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Okay I won’t lie guys. I haven’t played botw because I don’t have a switch, and my wii u game bad was on it dock on in the basement when a flood hit. Also I’m poor lol gotta cut more grass and smash more pots I guess

But Anyway, you can drive the master cycle in the desert? That seems like an oversight and a disappointment.

Truth be told I need an opinion, i don’t have a switch yet but am saving for one or waiting for a good bundle to come around.

So question

A should I get a switch around the time smash comes out or wait for the new Switch?

B if I wait for a new switch and a new Zelda is coming around. Is BOTW worth it? I will be content with Smash as I try to remain productive and not play to many video games as I grow older.

But from what I hear it sounds great with a lot of little issues. The dlc seemed to be taken as meh as well.

C okay I lied I payed a minute at bust buy to see the controls, can you change the controls around. Jump on y is painful on the joycons
That sucks. I got flooded in 2013.

I'm asking myself the same question: wait for the new switch or not? We don't know for sure smash u will meet it's deadline, based on previous instalments.

I can nitpick the hell out of BotW but truth is it's a great game. The open world exploration gives you more freedom than any other game of that type, where typically you're boxed in by mountains. I give it a 9/10. The DLC was pretty meh, at least compared to other games like Skyrim, Darksouls, Horizon ZD, etc. It recycled bosses and barely expanded the game.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Surfing on the Shield is probably one of the most fun ways to travel in an open world imo. Just makes me wish even more stuff didn't have durability (or at least could be repaired)

Magnificient use of Sheikah technology.

Whole fight : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOTGdIcurpk
(its Tweek (DK) vs K9sBruce (Link), Tweek is trashing K9 most of the fight :dizzy:)

I don't have a Switch either, i plan on waiting until Boxing day to find a good deal for a Smash/Switch bundle... if i'm patient enough. I don't know anything about the new Switch tho.

BotW is a must imo. This is a totally new type of Zelda but a love letter to the serie at the same time. Graphics are stunning, puzzles and quests are fun and controls are smooth. The only flaw (again imo) is the lack of main story content (other than cinematics, more like dungeons and events).

As for the limits that the environment creates (rain, thunderstorms, cold, no horses/cycler in the desert, etc.) it can be annoying but sometimes Its a good way to 'limit' the progression of the player (as it was done in previous Zelda with the 'new item = progression' mechanic). There's always ways to overcome the wilderness, it adds another level of problem solving in the game which makes that huuuuuuuuuge map way less boring and exploration way more rewarding.

I really hope you'll get to try it sometime. About the next LoZ its too early for me to say, depends on a lot of unknown factors.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That Link player is good. Dang he missed that Donkey Kong up.

Pretty good moves on his end.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Did you know? In Smash 4 at least, if you have a bomb out and taunt up, or down. he holds the bomb in his hand and it looks sick

Did you know? In Smash 4 at least, if you have a bomb out and taunt up, or down. he holds the bomb in his hand and it looks sick
I wonder if this means that the taunt is canceled if the bomb explodes... i'll give it a try later for sure.

Just found this guy on Youtube, his analysis of Ultimate characters are pretty good imo. There's not much new info but it helps to have the visual comparisions between sm4sh and Ultimate (of hitboxes and frame data). Here's his take on the new Link:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I wonder if this means that the taunt is canceled if the bomb explodes... i'll give it a try later for sure.

Just found this guy on Youtube, his analysis of Ultimate characters are pretty good imo. There's not much new info but it helps to have the visual comparisions between sm4sh and Ultimate (of hitboxes and frame data). Here's his take on the new Link:

It does for all three. Tossing it it above you also works, and a gimp setup.

You Damage yourself but my style I guess. So whatever

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I voted today. Colorado has a great mail in ballot system, every state should adopt. Remember to vote Tuesday November 6th!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That was hilarious I mean yeah sending a kid with a sword, and shield isn't the only way, go defeat a great evil at times.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Rizen Rizen Blade of Evil's Bane Blade of Evil's Bane smashingDoug smashingDoug

Here's this!

This at least gives us an impression of how bomb recovery primarily will work. I like this, a bit. I'll try to make sure to try this out when I get my hands on this game.

However, this nightmare is back. Not common, but why?

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm depressed.

Honestly, there isn't much to say about Link atm. It would be nice if the switch had a downloadable demo.

I've been replaying Xenoblade Chronicles X for the wii u. It's really addictive, exploring a huge alien world, but you have to use the gamepad and that big thing is murder on my wrists.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
To be honest, rather than Breath of the Wild sequel, I want Skyrim/MMORPG using Botw's engine and traveling system and allow me to play as all of the races in Hyrule (Zora, Ruto, Gerudo etc). I'd buy that in a heart beat

I've been replaying Xenoblade Chronicles X for the wii u. It's really addictive, exploring a huge alien world, but you have to use the gamepad and that big thing is murder on my wrists.
XCX is such a great game despite it's flaws with quest variety and end game. I honestly really hope it gets a port to switch. Also I loved using the Wii U gamepad, it was such the right size and just so comfortable to hold

Rizen

Smash Legend
To be honest, rather than Breath of the Wild sequel, I want Skyrim/MMORPG using Botw's engine and traveling system and allow me to play as all of the races in Hyrule (Zora, Ruto, Gerudo etc). I'd buy that in a heart beat
That would be awesome; it's a huge part of why MM was so good: playing as other races. That's nintendo for you, create an awesome in-game system and never use it again.
XCX is such a great game despite it's flaws with quest variety and end game. I honestly really hope it gets a port to switch. Also I loved using the Wii U gamepad, it was such the right size and just so comfortable to hold

XCX has a swiss cheese story and some other flaws but great exploration. The pacing of starting on foot, then getting skells and finally flying skells is a great way to gradually open the world. I like how missions have tangible results and consiquences like getting new aliens to join your city. It feels like you're actually developing New LA.
The gamepad's use is well implemented, unlike most wii u games tbt. It's just that I type and draw a lot so holding that heavy slate for hours is bad for my wrists. I have to pace myself when playing so not to get tendonitis.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I have been looking around into MMO games cause I want a really cool online game to play next year that I can sink my teeth into but atm none of them are 100% appealing

That would be awesome; it's a huge part of why MM was so good: playing as other races. That's nintendo for you, create an awesome in-game system and never use it again.
That is true there are some games I would like to see mechanics return (seriously Game Freak, just let me walk my pokemon) but then I guess I just makes each succeeding game unique in it's own way

XCX has a swiss cheese story and some other flaws but great exploration. The pacing of starting on foot, then getting skells and finally flying skells is a great way to gradually open the world. I like how missions have tangible results and consiquences like getting new aliens to join your city. It feels like you're actually developing New LA.
The gamepad's use is well implemented, unlike most wii u games tbt. It's just that I type and draw a lot so holding that heavy slate for hours is bad for my wrists. I have to pace myself when playing so not to get tendonitis.

Oh din't get me started on the main story.... and it sucks even worse when some of the normal and affinity mission can actually get really serious and dark at times. Yeah traversing the world is just so fun, especially just moon Jumping 24/7. IMO if the game didn't have the Moon Jump, travelling would be significantly less fun.
Yeah while I do love that the gamepad is so well used, it does mean trying to play the game any other way becomes much more tedious. Though if it's too hard to hold the gamepad for long hours, why not use the pro controller?

Rizen Rizen Blade of Evil's Bane Blade of Evil's Bane smashingDoug smashingDoug

Here's this!

This at least gives us an impression of how bomb recovery primarily will work. I like this, a bit. I'll try to make sure to try this out when I get my hands on this game.

However, this nightmare is back. Not common, but why?

Oh yeah! Seems like bomb recovery is back (in a way), it will surely require some labbing/practice to master but there's some good potential.

As for the spin attack SD that's a bit dumb but personally i never use spin attack except for recovery and rarely for aerial finish with the sweet spot so it doesn't bother me much. But still... as you say... why?

I have been looking around into MMO games cause I want a really cool online game to play next year that I can sink my teeth into but atm none of them are 100% appealing
I have some hopes for Fallout 76 i'll wait and see what the community thinks a few weeks after reveal.

Rizen

Smash Legend
A youtube reviewer made a really good video about Paper Mario but also how Nintendo screwed up during the wii u generation but is doing better in the current switch gen. It's an informative watch.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I have some hopes for Fallout 76 i'll wait and see what the community thinks a few weeks after reveal.
I've never played the fallout series, but after looking up one youtube video, oh boy, I can't tell if it's salt or not, but their is sure a lot of negativity towards the game

D

Deleted member

Link's still a great character too me. Will play him no matter what.

Glad to get some tips though.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I decided to get a switch. My first impression was WTF? But it's working well. They could have included more instructions, like is the only way to recharge the detachable controller parts by attaching them to the screen? I put the wrist straps on them and can't get them off now. Edit, nvm it was in lock mode.
Mario Odyssey is really fun but has kind of a weak start. I just got to the sand kingdom so far...

My cat's had a field day with the whole setup.

I've been really depressed. I'm taking care of my mom who has incurable cancer that's metastasized in her bone marrow. And other c*** too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shoot man, sorry to hear that. That sucks man honestly does, look nothing I say can help, but honestly my thoughts and prayers to your mom God bless her and you're great for being there for her.

Enjoy the Nintendo Switch great system setup might take a while to get used to but you seem to be doing fine.

Your cat is beautiful.

Again sorry to hear what you're going through all the best.

You have courage and strength just like our boy Link.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Hey wow sorry to hear all of this. Stay strong dude.

Maybe Link heard this song and switched to blue

Was going add a new post but I’ll edit this is

I think if Link loses his Hockshot he should be able to Wall cling or climb on stages with walls as a support for the platform.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I beat the sand and lake kingdoms in Mario Odyssey. It's a really fun game and I like the emphasis on exploration rather than precision platforming. The broodles are a breath of fresh air from the usual koopalings/bamPom. I feel like they missed an opportunity by not giving them individual southern names.

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
I'm loving the fact that in the World of Light cutscene shown in the Direct, you can see the Hylian Shield is the only defensive move capable of stopping the beams of light. Zelda's and Palutena's reflector moves failed, the Inklings' paint pools failed, even Snake's cardboard box was useless lol. But you can see Link's Hylian Shield actually does deflect the beams- though Link does get hit eventually, it's a nice touch. It really does block ALL projectiles!

LaughingLefou

Smash Apprentice
I'm loving the fact that in the World of Light cutscene shown in the Direct, you can see the Hylian Shield is the only defensive move capable of stopping the beams of light. Zelda's and Palutena's reflector moves failed, the Inklings' paint pools failed, even Snake's cardboard box was useless lol. But you can see Link's Hylian Shield actually does deflect the beams- though Link does get hit eventually, it's a nice touch. It really does block ALL projectiles!
What is that thing made out of?! Unobtanium?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ken was an easy guess and I never liked Incineroar so that was meh. Ken having better mobility might give him an edge over Ryu. Incineroar doesn't look particularly good. His "counter" that powers up the next attack looks worse than normal counters because it will be easy to see and stall the powered attack, like with Mac's super punch. Throws are always a strong element in smash so if he has good damage and kill throws he could be alright.

The spirit adventure mode looks neat but I wish they were bringing back side scrolling stages. Spirits are basically like stickers on subspace trophies. At least they have boss battles and cool cutscenes. Spirits will probably have no role in competitive play. Of course Kirby is the only character to not get captured /Hal bias.

Parana Plant looks really fun.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean at least Link blocked and dogged most of the lights so he definetly fared will.

I think Fox, Zelda, Pit, Marth and Shulk may play a big role in world of light but who knows.

It looks great can't wait to use Link in it.

Best shield ever.

ONLY 200 RUPEES!! HOLY ****!

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I mean at least Link blocked and dogged most of the lights so he definetly fared will.

I think Fox, Zelda, Pit, Marth and Shulk may play a big role in world of light but who knows.

It looks great can't wait to use Link in it.
Could just be cause they are the only voice actors can afford/ have easy access to/did new voices and lines for characters

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
Could just be cause they are the only voice actors can afford/ have easy access to/did new voices and lines for characters

Shulk's little grunt was just pulled form his existing audio. The way World of Light looks to be structured, there probably won't be many cinematic cutscenes, so they probably just grabbed some of the voice actors and said "Hey can you record like three extra lines pls thanks"

Last edited:
Top Bottom