• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

Snakeee

Smash Master
I miss being relevant :( . Well I think I will be soon once again ;) . I'll be at Shots Fired in March, shall I see any other ZSS there besides Nairo and probably Mars?

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I miss being relevant :( . Well I think I will be soon once again ;) . I'll be at Shots Fired in March, shall I see any other ZSS there besides Nairo and probably Mars?
I might be It actually depends on where it is and how much it'll run me by I got those low income johns atm from helping family =[.

D

Deleted member 189823

My avatar is a good indicator that Ill probably never really let ZSS sub-side to a mere secondary.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Good luck bro. Sadly I'm not able to travel to New Jersey due to money stuff.
Its said that Nairo will be at the tournament and if your interested in melee, Armada will be.

Good luck, train hard.

Juneau

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0748-5905-6690
Just introducing myself here, I just started getting decent at smash 4 after a good long time playing PM. ZSS was always a favorite, but now she just simply is my favorite. Is it reasonable for me to be stressed about nerfs with the final updates coming very, very soon?

Anyways, I'd love to train against anybody who is also new or figuring out a secondary!

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Just introducing myself here, I just started getting decent at smash 4 after a good long time playing PM. ZSS was always a favorite, but now she just simply is my favorite. Is it reasonable for me to be stressed about nerfs with the final updates coming very, very soon?

Anyways, I'd love to train against anybody who is also new or figuring out a secondary!
Nah, she got small adjustments here and there so they actually took a look at her and deemed her fine.
I don't think any (significant) nerfs will come.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Well nairo said he didn't notice anything different after playing her so that prolly confirms that there is no significant nerfs

Last edited:

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
Welp guys RIP zss

it's all over

-1 weight

I don't think I can handle this lightness

Guess it's time to drop the bounty hunter and pick up the maverick hunter. And Sakurai won't be able to nerf Zero like he did Zero Suit Samus. Because his weight is the same as his name. 0. Can't get any lower than that

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Yeah it doesn't change the combo working, it just means that it's not as strong sort of. You still have to DI it like in Trifroze's video to survive it reliably since the entire reason it works is because of how high ZSS jumps.

What it DOES change is the potency of Boost Kick OoS as a kill option.

Worth noting is that the last hit of Boost Kick got an angle change too so if someone wants to DI the last hit properly they might want to experiment with a different kind perhaps, but since it was only altered by 2, not sure if it's significant enough.

Last edited:

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
Well the KBG is only -11 from the original 220 so it's not anything huge, probably just a couple extra percent to kill both off the top and OoS. The angle reduction, although tiny, might increase the needed kill percent by like 1% off the top, but perhaps decrease it by 1% OoS since it sends them a teeny bit more horizontally

David Viran

Smash Lord
Boost kick oos I got killing about 5% later from center stage and 2% later near the ledge.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Do you guys know how effective the Umbra Clock Tower is for ZSS? Is it Town & City good or even better/worst?

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
So... I'm still wrapping up my degree and such. Potential job is TBA... But this Tuesday is my birthday, and my friends got me a great present.

I'm being sent to EVO, all expenses paid!

My first one! I hope to meet a bunch of you there!!

---
Also, Umbra clock tower feels huge. Late kills for all?

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
So... I'm still wrapping up my degree and such. Potential job is TBA... But this Tuesday is my birthday, and my friends got me a great present.

I'm being sent to EVO, all expenses paid!

My first one! I hope to meet a bunch of you there!!

---
Also, Umbra clock tower feels huge. Late kills for all?
Mai ***** HBD hope they call you back as your bday present ;p.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Umbra is ZSS's worst stage unless you're aiming to time out, of playing against Sheik.
Lived dthrow uair with no airdodge at 140

7NATOR

Smash Master
Guys, I have only one question

1.Would you replace Zero Suit Samus with a Call of Duty Character

Of Course i wouldn't, would you

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
Siege and Delfino are hot garbage. We are one Lylat away from having a great set of legal stages, no reason to mess that up.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Siege and Delfino are hot garbage. We are one Lylat away from having a great set of legal stages, no reason to mess that up.
No they are not
What makes them "hot garbage"?
The only reason they are banned is because people are too lazy to learn stages

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
No they are not
What makes them "hot garbage"?
The only reason they are banned is because people are too lazy to learn stages
Walkoffs. Multiple transformations that make it optimal to literally just run away and wait for a better transformation. Obnoxiously low ceilings at times. Funky blast zone constrictions during transformations. Sorry, you shouldn't ever die because the blast zone literally shrinks to overtake you. There are several qualities to both of those stages that aren't present in all the others.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If it wasn't for the extremely bizarre shrinking of blast zones (unlike how it was in Brawl), we would have a lot more legal stages. Siege, Delfino, Skyloft; we could've been there :<
But even if it's set length/periods and you can argue it's your fault for being in that position during those times, 5 or so seconds on regular intervals where people are able to die near 0% or take extreme amounts of damage (skyloft / maro circuit) is pretty stupid... so so many stages ruined for competitive play in a way that would only be mildly amusing for casual play. Good design Nintendo
Oh well.

At least we got Cloud and Bayonetta right?
Won't be banning them for being obnoxious~

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Walkoffs. Multiple transformations that make it optimal to literally just run away and wait for a better transformation. Obnoxiously low ceilings at times. Funky blast zone constrictions during transformations. Sorry, you shouldn't ever die because the blast zone literally shrinks to overtake you. There are several qualities to both of those stages that aren't present in all the others.
Temporary walkoffs are a non-issue and you know exactly when the blastzones change.
I for one never had any issues with most of the transforming stages and I will keep at least castle siege and either skyloft or wuhu legal at our local. Until something stupid happens that is. Haven't seen a single reason to ban them so far though.

Illusions

Smash Cadet
NNID
minnievanilly
3DS FC
0345-0482-7374
Hi everyone!

I thought I'd introduce myself although there's not much to tell...

Anyway, I'm a total SSB newbie, I started playing Smash 4 late last year and even though I don't suck that much anymore, I still have tons and tons of things to learn (I'm not so into the technical side of things, dunno if I should look more into that though). For a long time I mained Link because he was the easiest character for me, but recently I noticed that ZSS is the most natural choice.

Long story short, I joined Smashboards so that I could become better at playing as ZSS. :D Hopefully you seniors can help me out with that lol.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
won a tournament in SoCal last night

Hopefully there will be vids soon!

Trying to stay more active. I don't know if I'll be mod level active ever again, but still active

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
You literally understand that by saying people will do that you are ignoring the fact that people can do the exact opposite when they know that transformation is coming up.

It's like a double edged sword imo if someone's relying on star k.o's when delphino is in that stupid low blast zone type then it's quite possible to just chill in the water or at a lower point making it harder to achieve that....just don't drown samus while your "wading" it out xD.

Also Tobi_Whatever Tobi_Whatever I swear to god I literally put so much time in bayo when she came out. I honestly didn't touch Zamus at all till a tournament day. I must have committed a grave transgression because I seriously feel like I forgot the Rosa mu which I used to feel comfortable in it ; (.

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
You literally understand that by saying people will do that you are ignoring the fact that people can do the exact opposite when they know that transformation is coming up.

It's like a double edged sword imo if someone's relying on star k.o's when delphino is in that stupid low blast zone type then it's quite possible to just chill in the water or at a lower point making it harder to achieve that....just don't drown samus while your "wading" it out xD.
Of course people CAN do the opposite, but the surprise factor in that kind of play doesn't really outweigh the benefit of an attentive player using those transformations to their advantage. The issue isn't what's possible to do, it is what those transformations promote as optimal. If my opponent is awake, I'm going to be at a disadvantage being forced to approach them from above on Delfino's Shine Gate transformation, and it's a heck of a lot easier for them to escape and make use of that transformation in a passive, defensive way than it is to keep the fight up.

Would you defend a Cave of Life in a given stage just because people have the ability to choose the opposite of what kind of action that feature promotes? I don't really find your logic compelling here at all.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If they have the option to engage during or wait out a transformation, then that would be reflective of some level of depth. if there is strategic/tactical depth, it doesn't meet the criteria of banworthy assuming the Sirlinist only ban if it's broken sort of thing.

Also, came in 4th yesterday at MSM!

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
If they have the option to engage during or wait out a transformation, then that would be reflective of some level of depth. if there is strategic/tactical depth, it doesn't meet the criteria of banworthy assuming the Sirlinist only ban if it's broken sort of thing.
Also, came in 4th yesterday at MSM!
Having the option doesn't necessarily imply depth if the choices aren't actually all that compelling. There's plenty of prospective strategy in dealing with hazards that nobody would find acceptable on legal stages, but if the optimal line of play is "Stop fighting until X" then I don't really see the appeal. Stage lists have almost always trended toward the conservative over time, I'd just rather us skip to that sooner rather than later.

And, grats!

Otterz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Otterz
Also Tobi_Whatever Tobi_Whatever I swear to god I literally put so much time in bayo when she came out. I honestly didn't touch Zamus at all till a tournament day. I must have committed a grave transgression because I seriously feel like I forgot the Rosa mu which I used to feel comfortable in it ; (.
I'm relating to this too much. All my time in Bayonetta has made my Zero Suit rusty. I need to sit down and practice my ZSS movement before I try to pull her out again.

Last edited:

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
Ughhhhh EVO rules update.

Lylat and DL swapped, the latter now a CP and the former a neutral.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever

Same for me, kinda sucks.

Top Bottom