• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
Is this confirmed? The patch notes thread still says "50%"
I mean, as confirmed as we can get right now. Despite that dataminer's imperfect record, I also believe that observations of no changes to be fairly credible since it's just confirming that no values changed at all. It's the nature of the changes that have been screwed in the past.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
So i guess we have to prepare ourselves for the future "Samus VS Bayonetta" war that will commence in 2 months zzz =[.

Not sure If I am a fraud , A traitor or both but she will be a secondary for me xD.

<--- Awaiting *court martial for bounty hunter treason* =[

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
So i guess we have to prepare ourselves for the future "Samus VS Bayonetta" war that will commence in 2 months zzz =[.

Not sure If I am a fraud , A traitor or both but she will be a secondary for me xD.

<--- Awaiting *court martial for bounty hunter treason* =[
If she's fun to play and viable I'll double main her with ZSS.
If she is not viable I'll at least use her as secondary.

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
Actually, put a pin in my earlier claims out. Characters reported as unchanged I'm now hearing as having some adjustments. Shaky telling me Ness Uair got hit. Obviously everything should be taken with a grain of salt until confirmed and placebo is out of the community bloodstream.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
If she's fun to play and viable I'll double main her with ZSS.If she is not viable I'll at least use her as secondary.
Well I will probably do something rather similar but it might be like "oh your this CHAR? EFF U" kinda thing.

Like I see Zss dealing with people who can shield/ camp her slightly but then Bayonetta might be more mobile and you don't need to worry about that as much since you can move in and out and if you get a read you get to counter them with witch time.

Anyways we got 2 months to wait most likely they might release her around valentines day since roses and such? hopefully they are both at the same time.

Going to buy cloud probably before i got to bed and get a feel for him tomorrow before I have to deal with that BS in tourney.

DragonBall_Zack

Smash Cadet
Looks like I'm dual maining ZSS and Bayonetta lol. I voted for her but I didn't think she'd stand a chance of getting in. Super happy right now.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
So never mind nintendo was facking with me showing my naive Canadian heart usd prices for cloud and I only had 7.54$ in my bank account till I get paid....
Rip my god DLC for this game exp as ****.

Tri10

Smash Cadet
NNID
chambergojd
Hey guys! Though I really despise ZSS as a matchup, I do have to learn it someday. I figured I'd be open to get beat up today. So yeah, I'll be open for matchup practice later today. Lookin' forward to it...

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Hey guys! Though I really despise ZSS as a matchup, I do have to learn it someday. I figured I'd be open to get beat up today. So yeah, I'll be open for matchup practice later today. Lookin' forward to it...
Didn't see you post that but if you want to add my nnid I'll be down at some point 0-suit-ryoko

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Update:
I moved to Orange County and got a job in Coporate for Goodwill out here in Socal. Been mad busy with work/life, but have hit a few tournaments in spurts depending on how good/bad my depression is on any given day. Still travel back to KS every couple of months to see my friends/check my old apartment and host an event for the community.

I'm hoping to be more active in 2016 going to tournaments, but just saying Hi to all of yall and that I'm not completely gone :D Yall should hit me up on that young FB or twitter if you want to stay in touch or something, but I'll try to be better about checking in every once in awhile

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Any ZSS mains around? I also badly need a sparring partner...

NNID is TheRealSmashBro and Skype is SmashBroh. I'd like to get some good practice in either tonight or tomorrow. I'm in Maine so anyone close to that area will probably be a better bet for latency.

Thanks!

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
0-suit-ryoko I am in canada east coast so I donno how it'll be but if your down I should be as well.
what char you want to learn the mu with or is it going to be dittos?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
0-suit-ryoko I am in canada east coast so I donno how it'll be but if your down I should be as well.
what char you want to learn the mu with or is it going to be dittos?
Matchup. I'll add you later today and I'll post again when I'm around, thanks!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Hello ZSS mains.:200:

Doing some grab release research and I found a cute party trick for y'all; :4zss: can air release :4jigglypuff: into Boost Kick.

Mechanics:
Air release is +10 frame advantage
Boost Kick will hit frame 11~12 depending on how you angle and if the Jiggs jumps, and deal 10% total
Jiggs' jump inflates her, causing her to get hit immediately.
Jiggs' airdodge is frame 4 and thus too slow to save her.
Seems to connect into the last hit fairly reliably below max rage.

It's likely the only time you can get anything off a grab release, so...enjoy, if you ever feel like not going for the dthrow against a puff main, I guess.:drshrug:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If the best jiggs in my country wasn't already at a loss at what to do in that match up, lool.
You may not have noticed this before Lavani, but the more a character is a circle, the more likely they aren't to fall out of boost kick. Also there wouldn't be any SDI ability either.
There's a good chance high rage may kenuck it though.

And despite it, down throw up air may kill Jiggs earlier than this (at least from centre stage, heh).

Also hello shamus f[r]iends~

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
so it's finally official i had to wait for this xmas present to myself but in my region I went from being #3 ->

Would you guys be interested if I at some point compiled a list of every character we can safely charge downsmash outside of their get up attack range , while also including who would get hit with the sweet spot or sour spot ?

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
So apparently nairo has a secret tech with zss that he's saving for Genesis. Anyone have any ideas for this or for new/maybe just not well known techs?

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
Would you guys be interested if I at some point compiled a list of every character we can safely charge downsmash outside of their get up attack range , while also including who would get hit with the sweet spot or sour spot ?
Yes! I was literally having this exact conversation with a friend just a few days ago.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Yes! I was literally having this exact conversation with a friend just a few days ago.
OK sounds good not sure when but hopefully soon.

I also thought I was crazy the other day when I was playing vs my friends zss.

I was trying to abuse her rco factor from up b but it looked like she didn't have it anymore (on the way down) but I doubt it maybe he was canceling using aerials ..

David Viran

Smash Lord
I know esams RCO video talked a bit about it but on some characters there's certain heights? Or something where if you get hit you just won't land with RCO. I remember ally on stream with his brother trying to get the RCO to work on zss's up b by jabbing her right before she lands but it wasn't working.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I know esams RCO video talked a bit about it but on some character there's certain heights? Or something where if you get hit you just won't land with RCO. I remember ally on stream with his brother trying to get the RCO to work on zss's up b by jabbing her right before she lands but it wasn't working.

Yes that's exactly it and the jabbing before she hit the ground I had theorized that you could jab her -> downsmash in the ditto but it doesn't work anymore .

When ever I was being stupid and showing weaker players her exploitable weakness like that one I would use that as an example and it doesn't happen anymore.

So we might have gotten an unnoticed buff if that's the case boostkick not as risky as having to always land with upair or nair when you are hit.

Top Bottom