• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
NICK RIDDLE IS GOING IN RIGHT NOW AT PARAGON!!!

Good **** dude

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I present to you:
Why does the Nintendo character cross the blast zone?

The NickRiddler!

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Sorry I didn't beat M2K guys, my lack of Diddy exp. really showed. :(
I'm going to grind the **** out of this game for Apex though, expect great things from me~

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I'm going to grind the **** out of this game for Apex though, expect great things from me~
You did great man, and I'm sure you will continue to do so.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
We must offer up Diddy souls to empower ZSS against bananas.

Last edited:

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
This seems like a good place for this:

I have mained ZSS since brawl and have played her near exclusively, but now I'm looking for a secondary to cover her "few" weaknesses. Any suggestions?

David Viran

Smash Lord
This seems like a good place for this:

I have mained ZSS since brawl and have played her near exclusively, but now I'm looking for a secondary to cover her "few" weaknesses. Any suggestions?
I personally don't think zss needs a secondary but Pikachu might be a good one.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Played in the big online tournament. It was pretty rad! I did... pretty badly. 1 win by DQ, 1 win vs ROB, completely destroyed by jiggs, and a close loss to an olimar. OK given it's my first event in like... 4 years? I need to get more experience under my belt, for sure.

As soon as I figure out how to record my Wii U, I'll get some of those matches online!

Did anyone else play in this?

CatStache

Smash Cadet
NNID
CatStache
Would anyone like to see to a video that I have on Youtube unlisted showcasing a match of noob gameplay with a ridiculous outcome? I'm kinda hesitant to post it because of how bad I am but I'd show it if there's interest.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
You should not be afraid of being bad. It could be worse, you could be like me and unafraid of being bad.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Few things to note, The down throw to boost kicks are generally easier after at least an up air (so that they get placed in hit stun when you are literally right beside them).

When your knocked away Most Zss's use down b to kill the momentum because you need to the jump so you have an easier recovery , without it you can sometimes just be hit out of down b and not make it back when you would have otherwise.

I'm not sure if it was because sonic's fast but you didn't use any lasers ( or so few that I can't even remember).

DeLux

Hey guys, a lot of stuff may be happening in the community pretty soon. I'm gonna sleep on it, but I'm going to apologize in advance and probably make an announcement later this evening.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Hey guys, a lot of stuff may be happening in the community pretty soon. I'm gonna sleep on it, but I'm going to apologize in advance and probably make an announcement later this evening.
Debating on whether I like the sound of that or not seems kind of ominous *shivers*

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Pls no bad news
And don't tease us like that, if you have something to say, say it :drflip:

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
"I accidentally hovered over the sheik icon once when I wasn't paying attention... I ... I.... just can't be weak and not play the Sheik anymore"

Hope things are alright DeLux.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
so guessing it definitely had something to do with the Alex Strife Arc of Smash, This kinda bites now someone who registered for apex wanted to give me their spot but with **** blowing up like this....Looks like my <3 will be broken a 3rd time T.T </3

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Just go man, don't miss out on a great tournament because the organizer is a pedo. He already got kicked from the staff because of all this drama anyways.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
so guessing it definitely had something to do with the Alex Strife Arc of Smash, This kinda bites now someone who registered for apex wanted to give me their spot but with **** blowing up like this....Looks like my <3 will be broken a 3rd time T.T </3
Care to explain? The Alex Strife part

Last edited:

CatStache

Smash Cadet
NNID
CatStache
Few things to note, The down throw to boost kicks are generally easier after at least an up air (so that they get placed in hit stun when you are literally right beside them).
So Grab, down throw, up air and then up b?

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Care to explain? The Alex Strife part
A summary is here, though it is extremely long:
For anyone out of the loop, here are the link to every major thread on /r/smashbros on the subject:
Kiwi's Post
Chibo's Post
Nyani's Post
Nakat's Post

That should catch people up.
The way short tl;dr is that allegations of harassment (sexual and otherwise), job neglect, and general mistreatment of people has come to light in the last 2 days or so. He's stepped down from APEX as a result.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
By the way, I started the promised combo video thread and I'd like all of you to take part in it.
The more input I get the faster I can get to work.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Just go man, don't miss out on a great tournament because the organizer is a pedo. He already got kicked from the staff because of all this drama anyways.
Nah it's not that it's the fact that i was in the same boat as DeLux and they told me they could not enter me, Now that this whole thing is up in the air with his exposure I have no choice but to assume that they will be getting over whelmed with inquires and the like, Because of this I have no Idea when or even if they will consider the situation I am in.

I went to a tournament Saturday and was literally told by someone that another player said "I want to go to apex but I'm just not good enough, I'd rather give my spot to Ryoko" So naturally I was kinda ecstatic despite my ups and downs in terms of tournament life performance I have been coming to terms that I may not be everything I wan't to be in terms of skill (prestige , cash and fame would be nice but the love for the game is why I do it And aiming to make Zss #1) , But I have traveled a long Perilous journey which I wish I started earlier in life and have experienced and pulled off things I would never have done if I threw in the towel because there was very dominate Zss in my region that allowed our players to become well versed in that MU -_-0. It seems like only way i'm going to level up is by going to nationals monthlies where I face the same players isn't really getting that combat experience.

TL:DR Someone wants to give my their spot for apex I am just waiting to find out if they will change the info.

So Grab, down throw, up air and then up b?
I'm going to look for a video or 2 and try to take a screen shot or something so you can get the idea, It's something that once you accomplish a number of times it will feel like second nature and you will know when it will connect.

@ CatStache CatStache
ok here is from a while ago Dakpo was in a tournament not exactly the circumstances we discussed but it's pretty close to what you should require to landing the boost kick.
pic 1: http://postimg.org/image/osgofu5gd/a31587f5/

Dakpo had just up smashed a bowser Jr. following up with a double jump towards him and up airing him

pic 2: http://postimg.org/image/48vz0shh1/

The up air is basically over but look at Zamus's postion from here only a few chars will be able to get away.

pic 3 : http://postimg.org/image/fvg31x4s5/

Bowser JR just lost his nutz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAs8cNdGevM
here is the full set go ahead and skip to 11:25 and watch yet another easy set up into boost kick the idea is to have your self positioned in a similar fashion so that boost kick comes out basically as close to overlapping ontop of them as much as possible.

@ Tobi_Whatever Tobi_Whatever
god damn i have a capture card I just need to figure out TV settings so my stream isn't all distorted and ****.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Nah it's not that it's the fact that i was in the same boat as DeLux and they told me they could not enter me, Now that this whole thing is up in the air with his exposure I have no choice but to assume that they will be getting over whelmed with inquires and the like, Because of this I have no Idea when or even if they will consider the situation I am in.

I went to a tournament Saturday and was literally told by someone that another player said "I want to go to apex but I'm just not good enough, I'd rather give my spot to Ryoko" So naturally I was kinda ecstatic despite my ups and downs in terms of tournament life performance I have been coming to terms that I may not be everything I wan't to be in terms of skill (prestige , cash and fame would be nice but the love for the game is why I do it And aiming to make Zss #1) , But I have traveled a long Perilous journey which I wish I started earlier in life and have experienced and pulled off things I would never have done if I threw in the towel because there was very dominate Zss in my region that allowed our players to become well versed in that MU -_-0. It seems like only way i'm going to level up is by going to nationals monthlies where I face the same players isn't really getting that combat experience.

TL:DR Someone wants to give my their spot for apex I am just waiting to find out if they will change the info.

I'm going to look for a video or 2 and try to take a screen shot or something so you can get the idea, It's something that once you accomplish a number of times it will feel like second nature and you will know when it will connect.

@ CatStache CatStache
ok here is from a while ago Dakpo was in a tournament not exactly the circumstances we discussed but it's pretty close to what you should require to landing the boost kick.
pic 1: http://postimg.org/image/osgofu5gd/a31587f5/

Dakpo had just up smashed a bowser Jr. following up with a double jump towards him and up airing him

pic 2: http://postimg.org/image/48vz0shh1/

The up air is basically over but look at Zamus's postion from here only a few chars will be able to get away.

pic 3 : http://postimg.org/image/fvg31x4s5/

Bowser JR just lost his nutz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAs8cNdGevM
here is the full set go ahead and skip to 11:25 and watch yet another easy set up into boost kick the idea is to have your self positioned in a similar fashion so that boost kick comes out basically as close to overlapping ontop of them as much as possible.

@ Tobi_Whatever Tobi_Whatever
god damn i have a capture card I just need to figure out TV settings so my stream isn't all distorted and ****.
No need for a capture card for that one at least, what I need you guys to do is reading the combo list in the combo video thread and tell me which ones I missed. I'm already recording footage but I want to avoid making a new video every time someone finds a combo I missed.

The mentioned dThrow > uAir (> uAir) > uSpecial is included as well of course, I love this combo so goddamn much.
It's a complete FG destroyer.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Can't you nair into uair into up b at certain percents.
This could work. Could you post it in the combo thread please? I can't test it right now since it's past midnight here and I really need to go to bed and I would probably forget it otherwise :happysheep:
I also want gratis bumps over there but don't tell anyone

DeLux

Just announced I resigned my Apex Staff position and won't be going to Apex anymore.

Guess you guys will have to wait to see my FreeSS on the big stage at another time lol

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Top Bottom