• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Yoshi Labs

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
i actually have 29 10-30 second videos put together on yoshi techs ill have the playlist uploaded this weekend setting up for a smash 4 tournament atm. didnt want you guys to think that i wasnt going to follow through.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
i actually have 29 10-30 second videos put together on yoshi techs ill have the playlist uploaded this weekend setting up for a smash 4 tournament atm. didnt want you guys to think that i wasnt going to follow through.
That would be amazing. Then we could upload to the original post.

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
That would be amazing. Then we could upload to the original post.
Well how can we organize the initial post for this to make this possibly a sticky post for yoshi boards,i know how to organize it with spoilers and all that nonsense, check out my weeklies tournament post, i think we should revive the yoshi labs #revivalofyoshilabs,
anyways ill have these uploaded soon with a new tech thing for yoshi i accidentally figured out 2 days ago while streaming thats not on the labs post from my knowledge.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Probably it etter to make your own thread and ask Delta to sticky it if it has enough data/info.
Yeah. Then we could leave all the new junk here and then perfect It up for the other one. And we could also lock the nee thread or keep it open?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
If you want to make a new thread with all the stuff I can sticky it. Alternatively you could post in here and I could put it into the OP here and stick this thread. Either one works and I don't have a very strong preference, although I think a reboot for a tech thread is in order considering how much of this thread has been invalidated by patches.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Yoshi came with 50 techs and now ends with 0 techs(over exaggeration)... We lost 2 techs in 1.0.8.

Yoshi has like none now but I think it would be wise to make a new thread for the working stuff. This thread would be confusing to newcomers.

Last edited:

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
They are pretty much straight from the oven type vids lol. So these vids could be edited at any point in time just need the shoutout. Here's the playlist, not only did i upload techs but ive uploaded options for yoshi. Please keep in mind that i didnt give instructions on how to do these, If we get enough support for the Yoshi labs we could potentially make nice vids. Ima just need some input from the community. Also a New labs post would work. I'm down to help out the community. Let me know what you think. Some of these vids range from 3 seconds to 1 minute.

Last edited:

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
I'll be working more on this, Just give me some more things that we will need so i can work on doing them on vid. i learned that crawl slide thing that yoheking showed us pretty fast lol it won me a mat ch on anthers ladder. we could also make the thread official and make a yoshi labs logo, make each video consistent on time, and make vgbc style thumbnails for the vids with the tech name date and patch on it

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
They are pretty much straight from the oven type vids lol. So these vids could be edited at any point in time just need the shoutout. Hereit turneds the playlist, not only did i upload techs but ive uploaded options for yoshi. Please keep in mind that i didnt give instructions on how to do these, If we get enough support for the Yoshi labs we could potentially make nice vids. Ima just need some input from the community. Also a New labs post would work. I'm down to help out the community. Let me know what you think. Some of these vids range from 3 seconds to 1 minute.

These are all great! Thanks for all this hardwork. Im not done watching then all but make sure u dont forget yoshi bomb under ledge. The tech video I made (voice sound so bad. Idk why it turned out loke that) and the side b tech I showed you guys. Hold up phones dieing

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
These are all great! Thanks for all this hardwork. Im not done watching then all but make sure u dont forget yoshi bomb under ledge. The tech video I made (voice sound so bad. Idk why it turned out loke that) and the side b tech I showed you guys. Hold up phones dieing
OOOOH that was sick ima get to the lab on that one , Also ill start working on that forums post soon. haha ima figure out how to do that one u posted today.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Which one? Yoshi bomb under ledge? I use it all the time. Its one of my fav.

Also theres a easier way of edgetrumping with down b. Just run off fast fall and make sure ur analog is like this :GCDL: or:GCDR: pointing torward the stage Into down b. No jump needed.

Also I showed this guy this and the glitch he just goofed up and forgot I showed him lol. Its all good though.

Edit: I can also record some techs too if you want. Ill put in the exact inputs if I get my cpu here.

Edit2: Also yoshis down air and back air lag cancel is also usefull. Fastest way to get into a dash from being in air.

Last edited:

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
Which one? Yoshi bomb under ledge? I use it all the time. Its one of my fav.

Also theres a easier way of edgetrumping with down b. Just run off fast fall and make sure ur analog is like this :GCDL: or:GCDR: pointing torward the stage Into down b. No jump needed.

Also I showed this guy this and the glitch he just goofed up and forgot I showed him lol. Its all good though.

Edit: I can also record some techs too if you want. Ill put in the exact inputs if I get my cpu here.

Edit2: Also yoshis down air and back air lag cancel is also usefull. Fastest way to get into a dash from being in air.
So Ima need to figureo ut how i can get smash 4 emulator so i can make the tech inputs show on screen using padpyte, eitehr ill do that for making videos or look into a yspliter for usb

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
So Ima need to figureo ut how i can get smash 4 emulator so i can make the tech inputs show on screen using padpyte, eitehr ill do that for making videos or look into a yspliter for usb
I have an GC adapter that works for computers.

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
YO THIS TECH IS OP lol haha but i figured it out, its a little hard to do at first

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
It doesnt do anything haha. Its just cool as heck

Its the horizontal egg thing that can save yoshi from battlefeild.

Last edited:

NamikazeBurst

Smash Rookie
NNID
NamikazeBurst
How does the crawl slide and sliding smash attacks work? I remember there being a thread on it but the explanation there was never clear enough for me to do them.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Yeah that was me. I couldnt figure out how toexactly explain the inputs. Basicly its →←→←:GCCR:

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
How does the crawl slide and sliding smash attacks work? I remember there being a thread on it but the explanation there was never clear enough for me to do them.
you run, turn around crawl backwards nad interupt crawl by putting in an input , such as shield and upsmash or jab. The sliding f smash is the same concept , run turn and do the reverse smash with no charge

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
you run, turn around crawlit xDbackwards nad interupt crawl by putting in an input , such as shield and upsmash or jab. The sliding f smash is the same concept , run turn and do the reverse smash with no charge
Hes talking about the video and thread I made. I should probably update It xD

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
you run, turn around crawl backwards nad interupt crawl by putting in an input , such as shield and upsmash or jab. The sliding f smash is the same concept , run turn and do the reverse smash with no charge
Ill end up making guides on how to do this soon. I actually got the slot to host a smash 4 tournament at Geek Fest. So hype. So what you are waiting on for the sliding f smash is, ur not trying to cancel out the dash as fast as u will for the crawl slide , but instead wait a little bit after u turn around while running .and just mash the smash stick in the opposite direction, dont charge it at all or the slide will stop/

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Ill end up making guides on how to do this soon. I actually got the slot to host a smash 4 tournament at Geek Fest. So hype. So what you are waiting on for the sliding f smash is, ur not trying to cancel out the dash as fast as u will for the crawl slide , but instead wait a little bit after u turn around while running .and just mash the smash stick in the opposite direction, dont charge it at all or the slide will stop/
You forgot the turn around part

NamikazeBurst

Smash Rookie
NNID
NamikazeBurst
So wait, do I have to do a double turn around for this to work? Does the smash slide need the crawl, too? How fast do I need to do this, and how long do I input the backwards crawl? Is it possible to do this without having the c-stick set to smashes, or does that mess up the slide? I will try this again tonight. Thanks.

Last edited:

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
So wait, do I have to do a double turn around for this to work? Does the smash slide need the crawl, too? How fast do I need to do this, and how long do I input the backwards crawl? Is it possible to do this without having the c-stick set to smashes, or does that mess up the slide? I will try this again tonight. Thanks.
With the crawl slide u will want the crawl out as short as possible. The slide will be much longer if u interrupt the crawl as fast as possible , alllso for the sliding f smash, u just turn around run long enough so u keep the wonky mechanics that allow u to do any attack out of the turn while runnning thing. so u wont be turning twice , ur just doing a sliding backwards fowardsmash, just run turn around keep running for a little and then do that f smash, if u dash attack outa that it means u were running after the turn around for to long,

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
With the crawl slide u will want the crawl out as short as possible. The slide will be much longer if u interrupt the crawl as fast as possible , alllso for the sliding f smash, u just turn around run long enough so u keep the wonky mechanics that allow u to do any attack out of the turn while runnning thing. so u wont be turning twice , ur just doing a sliding backwards fowardsmash, just run turn around keep running for a little and then do that f smash, if u dash attack outa that it means u were running after the turn around for to long,
You run awhile then u do a turn around stand and it goes really far.

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
You run awhile then u do a turn around stand and it goes really far.
sorry for the late reply, i was multi tasking when replying last night, ima try to break it down, input your run, reverse the direction u started with, do an attack like down smash, if that comes out then ur heading in the right direction "hehe or left " rip noft 2015. well instead of doing dsmash do an uncharged fsmash opposite of ur current momentum direction.

just skip to the time that the annotation states on the vid to get to it, its at i think 50 second timer, 2 min video messin around with the weird mechanics and its like proof of me accidentally figuring it out before i knew it was a thing haha. The peeps on my stream were like wtf i didnt know it was possible but apparently it was a thing on brawl as well.

tourney locator just released a video on u turns, its basically the same thing, when done correctly the sliding fsmash will also push you pass a shield, almost like a hip check and will push the opponent far, i did it to some one last night on anthers ladder.

as for the crawl sliding

this is a shorter mixup version of it , this one i had my tilt stick on so i couldnt get the reverse usmash as easy as the utilt i just left it as is.

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Im talking about this. I should update this though. I was nerves and I sounded awkward lol. It was kinda in a rush for the voice part.

Last edited:

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
Im talking about this. I should update this though. I was nerves and I sounded awkward lol. It was kinda in a rush for the voice part.
I totally forgot about that super turn around, isnt this possible by holding down the attack button and then flicking the cstick as well, i gotta add that to the playlist. the easiest way to do this was by mapping out ur buttons wonky, it got
to the point where the easiest option was to put attack on the left trigger and placing shield to x, (attack mapped to l trigger bcuz special was mapped to rtrigger for ETS) bcuz i use only y to jump, but takes alot to get used to the button layout.

Thanks @ Delta-cod Delta-cod .

Last edited:

NamikazeBurst

Smash Rookie
NNID
NamikazeBurst
Alright, so I seem to be able to do the sliding Fsmash now, although I can't do it every time. It probably is because I am not using the c-stick and I end up charging it for a very small amount of time. I the crawl slide I have been able to do once. I still don't really know how to do it. I am running forward, then I turn around, and then I input down and backwards for a backwards crawl, and then I try a tilt with the c-stick. I am usually either not sliding or sliding forwards a little. How do I get Yoshi to slide backward?

And yeah, that video YoHeKing made was what I originally wanted to do. The sliding forwards Fsmash seems helpful. I haven't been able to do that one even once.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Its really hard to do. I use it occasionally but I havnt perfected it. I normally use it for punishing getups from ledge.

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
Its really hard to do. I use it occasionally but I havnt perfected it. I normally use it for punishing getups from ledge.
try crawling for a few
frames to get the hang of it, after u turn around take a few steps forward to get ur momentum crawl back wards and tap attack or shield, also to get the turn around to work just turn around out of the crawl its not super technical u just gotta understand what is happening. that super turn around thing also can be buffered by holding the a button while using the tilt stick, pretty sure if u have a and b active u could use that instead of tilt stick for sliding f smash. sorry for quoting the wrong poster by the way lol

@ NamikazeBurst NamikazeBurst

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Wow I just found out RAGE DOESNT EFFECT YOSHIS DOUBLE JUMP! I thought it did lol

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
It doesnt. Which is amazing. Check out the newest thread I made. Its gonna have all the moves soon and im working on it now.

Edit: rage I dont think works in practice mode.... I think. But the thread I made still is gonna have the tolerence levels for no rage

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Yeah rage doesnt I guess. There was no rage effects so yoshis double jump does take rage

Top Bottom