• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Yoshi Labs

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Sorry Delta could you explain this further? I'm having trouble understanding what this info means ?_?
Hm, perhaps I was a bit unclear.

The data there is a list of characters that, at all percents (assuming rage/freshness bonus doesn't let the opponent escape, which would be odd), get hit by Down B if you were to start under a platform and land on top of it. Basically it's there to answer the question "Can I Down B my opponent under this platform and still get the kill?"

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
YoHeKing if it's real and not used it kinda means nothing... :/
There could be a way out of It.. but I don't think it would be even possible.

Its alot easier then you would think and I am surprised it isn't even used.

Edit: the only way patching this would be a down air nerf in knockback or worst. I just gave a hint

Last edited:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Why are you withholding Yoshi's meta information from us? You're potentially holding everyone back for the chance to be the first to use it or something. But once you make a splash with it everyone will know anyways...

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Why are you withholding Yoshi's meta information from us? You're potentially holding everyone back for the chance to be the first to use it or something. But once you make a splash with it everyone will know anyways...
Well Im testing It out mostly. I don't think its possible with heavy weights but then again. Anyone know the DI modifier for yoshis down air.

Well since I basically bbrought it up. It would be unfair to share it... and I want to contribute the most I can. It involves a opponent getting grabed by your team mate>spaced down air(with correct timing so it dosnt launch anyone)> yoshis version of the grounded down air will set the opponent in a stun allowing your team mate to re grab.

Also I didn't want to leak this because Im not to sure what would happen and if I was even the first to speak of it. I just don't want his down air nerfed :/

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Nothing would happen if it's teams only. It's not nearly as strong as G&W gimmicks in terms of viability since it requires 2v1
I guess your right. Its pretty easy to do though.

I don't get how Yoshi isn't considerd team viable when his down air alone can set up team combos like nothing.

Also I found out a interesting DJ thing. Im not 100% sure how many frames but im guessing 1-3 frames of lag happens when yoshi's super armor doesnt break. You can't do anything and possible cant buffer anything in those lag frames (the buffer part needs more testing).
For example get 2 lucarios at high or mid percents and charge both a few frames apart and close to each other. Then double jump with yoshi through them and if done correctly Yoshi will be stuck in DJ untill extremely high percents(500). He cannot SDI, DI or anything out of this at all. Just thought Id share and possible put this on my double jump post.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
I noticed SDI works better with c stick for some reason. I noticed Yoshi goes further mashing c stick instead of analog.

Theres so many DI myths though. I hear SDI only works with c stick, C stick doesnt DI or SDI, asdi doesn't exist in smash 4, vectoring was tooken out ect.
I think I have a good Idea of DI now but does SDI have something to do with fast fall, air speed and weight or is it just DI.

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
Sorry for being afk from this thread, ive been real busy with some stuff but i should be good to lab it up now, atleast after this $50 Melee money match coming up this saturday lol.

So the moonbounce egglay can be good for off stage gimicks, onstage gimicks it can be used to position ur self for another attack if u use it correctly, say if i wanted to get an up air or nair on someone that didnt expect u to do the moonbounce, alot of the times i dont really just to attack anyone with the tech, but i attack out of it as another option, ive egglayed a few people under the stage with the tech, and doing it grounded works just as well as the dashing backwards crawl slide into up smash or the sliding f smash. Like anyone will say, pretty much anything with yoshi is more of an option. The reversed moonbounce egglay, where instead of it pushing u backwards facing forwards, it pushes u forwards while facing forwards instead its still a thing i need to test and figure out, The crappy part about it is im always saying on stream that i need to save this replay when ever i see a cool ass tech, but i always forget, ive done it a few times from the air and it surprised the hell outa me. Can we get confirmation or an explanation of the super sayain yoshi glitch if it still exist. Its not a game breaking tech but its still realllyyyy cool lol. Ive also realized that buffering jump canceled egg throws out of jump canceled egg throws can be brutal against some match ups, some people will say ur trolling or spamming but damn the eggs come out so fast, adding in a few dashes or slides, in between could potentially be like Falco dancing with lasers from Melee. Getting down the egg throw distances and ets slides mixing it up with Ariel egg throws using the 2nd and 3rd up b to move ur self seems promising as well. Quick note everyone on this thread probs knows, if you DJ and do ur second egg throw will stop all vertical momentum which can be pretty cool to mess around with.

i believe dair to ledge guard is just another option as well, probably can be used a few times to condition ur opponent, ive used it a few times as well as a few charged down smashes or just wait for the opponent to roll or get up by zoning the top with well placed eggs and then using a grab option. the dAir is deff a possibility as an option

Ive also noticed that using the super egg jump platform tech works really well in matches so should be used if the opportunity reveals its self.

Sorry for the long post haha but one more thing. Egg throws OOS options, i know im just posting a ton of options and junk but this is just a small ammount of yoshi tech that could be applied in every day skirmishes. Its the small stuff that counts if applied right. Been up 24 hours smashing, up dating forums for my weeklies and all that other crap, so sorry for the crazy ammount of typos.

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Sorry for being afk from this thread, ive been real busy with some stuff but i should be good to lab it up now, atleast after this $50 Melee money match coming up this saturday lol.

So the moonbounce egglay can be good for off stage gimicks, onstage gimicks it can be used to position ur self for another attack if u use it correctly, say if i wanted to get an up air or nair on someone that didnt expect u to do the moonbounce, alot of the times i dont really just to attack anyone with the tech, but i attack out of it as another option, ive egglayed a few people under the stage with the tech, and doing it grounded works just as well as the dashing backwards crawl slide into up smash or the sliding f smash. Like anyone will say, pretty much anything with yoshi is more of an option. The reversed moonbounce egglay, where instead of it pushing u backwards facing forwards, it pushes u forwards while facing forwards instead its still a thing i need to test and figure out, The crappy part about it is im always saying on stream that i need to save this replay when ever i see a cool *** tech, but i always forget, ive done it a few times from the air and it surprised the hell outa me. Can we get confirmation or an explanation of the super sayain yoshi glitch if it still exist. Its not a game breaking tech but its still realllyyyy cool lol. Ive also realized that buffering jump canceled egg throws out of jump canceled egg throws can be brutal against some match ups, some people will say ur trolling or spamming but damn the eggs come out so fast, adding in a few dashes or slides, in between could potentially be like Falco dancing with lasers from Melee. Getting down the egg throw distances and ets slides mixing it up with Ariel egg throws using the 2nd and 3rd up b to move ur self seems promising as well. Quick note everyone on this thread probs knows, if you DJ and do ur second egg throw will stop all vertical momentum which can be pretty cool to mess around with.

i believe dair to ledge guard is just another option as well, probably can be used a few times to condition ur opponent, ive used it a few times as well as a few charged down smashes or just wait for the opponent to roll or get up by zoning the top with well placed eggs and then using a grab option. the dAir is deff a possibility as an option

Ive also noticed that using the super egg jump platform tech works really well in matches so should be used if the opportunity reveals its self.

Sorry for the long post haha but one more thing. Egg throws OOS options, i know im just posting a ton of options and junk but this is just a small ammount of yoshi tech that could be applied in every day skirmishes. Its the small stuff that counts if applied right. Been up 24 hours smashing, up dating forums for my weeklies and all that other crap, so sorry for the crazy ammount of typos.
Out of shield up b into ledge snap though. Recently found it.

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
Out of shield up b into ledge snap though. Recently found it.
i thought they patched out tregging. so basically u just snap back after oosjcet is this something ud have to roll to the ledge to get the maximum distance to it and then execute it? pretty much that sounds 10x safer and easier then the reverse jump cancel down b, or trying to attempt yoshis weird snap back

Last edited:

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
Video if you've got a new tregging tech please. The old method is 100% gone from patches and I found it very useful.

Last edited:

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
we still should look into the short hop forward cral slide tech as well @ YoHeKing YoHeKing u said a while back that it was a thing? ima try to work on some of these techs when i stream later

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
i thought they patched out tregging. so basically u just snap back after oosjcetis this something ud have to roll to the ledge to get the maximum distance to it and then execute it? pretty much that sounds 10x safer and easier then the reverse jump cancel down b, or trying to attempt yoshis weird snap back
Your sheild must be hit by something. Eggs, sheiks fair and even dash attacks can do the trick. Its really not as usefully as It was but I find it usefull on platforms.

About the forward crawl thing. I might have some explanations on how it happens.

Last edited:

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
Your sheild must be hit by something. Eggs, sheiks fair and even dash attacks can do the trick. Its really not as usefully as It was but I find it usefull on platforms.

About the forward crawl thing. I might have some explanations on how it happens.
oooooh thats not bad, it could be useful though but im guessing itd have to be from the center stage side for it to push u off but its kinda like light shield on melee, i wont be able to put lab time this week because now i have a $100 money match i melee this saturday, gotta practice

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
ats not bad, it could be useful though but im guessing itd have to be from the center stage side for it to push u off but its kinda like light shield on melee, i wont be able to put lab time this week because now i have a $100 money match i melee this saturday, gotta practice
I put alot of lab time on the tech. Its pretty good against like heavy hitters.

Last edited by a moderator:

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
[quote="noft, post: 19955539, ats not bad, it could be useful though but im guessing itd have to be from the center stage side for it to push u off but its kinda like light shield on melee, i wont be able to put lab time this week because now i have a $100 money match i melee this saturday, gotta practice
FFFFF, i just wana practice smash 4, weve got people from San Marcos coming to my tournament this saturday, the same day of my money match , same week im dedicating to Melee haha. Ive got a handful of techs i want to test out and get good at,

List:
-Inf jab timing

-forward momentum moonbounce (pretty much this tech copies one of yoshis custom moves where the toungue pushes u forward and punches the crap outa the person but with the original egg lay. ive done it twice by accident trying to be fancy against someone)

-oos egg toss to ledge grab

-eggroll tech thing from platform to platform

-foxtrotting

-down b on delfino during stage tranformation to slide far as hell on flat surface

-forward crawl oofsh tech that yoheking talks about

-eggroll blast zone momentum breaker

-snap back to ledge trump

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
FFFFF, i just wana practice smash 4, weve got people from San Marcos coming to my tournament this saturday, the same day of my money match , same week im dedicating to Melee haha. Ive got a handful of techs i want to test out and get good at,

List:
-Inf jab timing

-forward momentum moonbounce (pretty much this tech copies one of yoshis custom moves where the toungue pushes u forward and punches the crap outa the person but with the original egg lay. ive done it twice by accident trying to be fancy against someone)

-foxtrotting

-down b on delfino during stage tranformation to slide far as hell on flat surface

That down B trick was sick when you did it lmao. I might find It handy some times especially sence the stars can set up kills. I recommend learning perfect frame pivots into jab or shield. Its a really good option.

Edit: we broke smashboards....

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Delta-cod said:
I've taken the liberty of (mostly) fixing the quotes.
Quoting post on mobile Is the worst. Everytime you type something with "I" in it it rewrites the quote.

ReturningFall

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RecurringN
3DS FC
1934-0989-6824

List:
-Inf jab timing

-foxtrotting

Forward momentum moonbounce? Sounds interesting, what is this? More to the point, how do you do it?

Last edited:

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
Forward momentum moonbounce? Sounds interesting, what is this? More to the point, how do you do it?
Thats what i need to practice. I have done it a few times by accident during some smash ladder ranked and viewer games, i think
the true potential of yoshi can be fully unlocked if we could figure out how to do the super sayain glitch consistently then maybe yoshi will take tourneys lmao. but all dreams aside "siiiigh"

ill figure it out the moonbounce thing next time i hit the lab up and post a how to vid if i can consistently replicate it.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Thats what i need to practice. I have done it a few times bit accident during some smash ladder ranked and viewer games, i think
the true potential of yoshi can be fully unlocked if we could figure out how to do the super sayain glitch consistently then maybe yoshi will take tourneys lmao. but all dreams aside "siiiigh"

ill figure it out the moonbounce thing next time i hit the lab up and post a how to vid if i can consistently replicate it.
Lmao when I beat mav I got the super sayain glitch at game 3. I had a chance to down B him but not worth It when you have the glitch on.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Im going to start making tricks and techs every week. This is the tregging method I was talking about.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Sorry about that, I had to re upload it. Im going to try to make a new video every week.

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
Sorry about that, I had to re upload it. Im going to try to make a new video every week.
Good video there was 1 typo spelling out projetile, i was wondering how viable it would be to oosjcet on shield hit , say if the attack was strong enough to hit you back, havnt actually thought about it until i watched this video

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Good video there was 1 typo spelling out projetile, i was wondering how viable it would be to oosjcet on shield hit , say if the attack was strong enough to hit you back, havnt actually thought about it until i watched this video
Oosjcet?
This tech comes in handy tbh. I havn't found any real good situations yet for it but I havn't practice it alot. Its really really usefull for platforms its so ridiculous. I would recommend using this instead of jumping or going out of shield into a ledge drop.

Reminder with heavy attacks you can ledge cancel or platform cancel without the up B and it slides off the ledge without any lag. Up B version works for much less powerfull attacks though. The only moves you can do the jump version cancel into ledge is with attacks like smashes.
Edit oh nvm about the oosjcet. It works with like every attack in the game but some are frame perfect. Stuff like smashes make this tech really easy to pull off.

Last edited:

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
Oosjcet?
This tech comes in handy tbh. I havn't found any real good situations yet for it but I havn't practice it alot. Its really really usefull for platforms its so ridiculous. I would recommend using this instead of jumping or going out of shield into a ledge drop.

Reminder with heavy attacks you can ledge cancel or platform cancel without the up B and it slides off the ledge without any lag. Up B version works for much less powerfull attacks though. The only moves you can do the jump version cancel into ledge is with attacks like smashes.
Edit oh nvm about the oosjcet. It works with like every attack in the game but some are frame perfect. Stuff like smashes make this tech really easy to pull off.
so i tested it out , u dont need to use an egg for u to ledge trump also, the multi jab works freaking great, ive gotten it so many times today against viewers where i racked up the damage, did testing with another person using different di, i was only able to lock him in for 6-7 jabs, the more they di , the further they get to leaving the hit box of ur multi jab so thats when they will fall out if done correctly

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
so i tested it out , u dont need to use an egg for u to ledge trump also, the multi jab workeaking great, ive gotten it so many times today against viewers where i racked up the damage, did testing with another person using different di, i was only able to lock him in for 6-7 jabs, the more they di , the further they get to leaving the hit box of ur multi jab so thats when they will fall out if done correctly
You cant always multi jab against everything though. Out of shield hit pressure egg toss off ledge seems like out safest option on platforms and edges as It seems.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Alright. Im going to make a video about that fast and easy edge trump tectic for yoshi next week and a cool trick strategie. Hint full hop up air with tilt c stick into up air is a guaranteed combo Into another up air and kill at certain percents and hits everyone close or taller then mario. DI can be reacted to so its defenetly true. I might just make a video about a ton of up air combos and follow ups nobody uses or really knows about at all.

Edit:sorry for the double post but I forgot the important part. Can anyone make or find a good thumbnail for the tech videos. Also anything I can do to make the videos better? I might be able to mimic the movements with my gamecube adapter on my computer and put it in the video.

Last edited:

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
Alright. Im going to make a video about that fast and easy edge trump tectic for yoshi next week and a cool trick strategie. Hint full hop up air with tilt c stick into up air is a guaranteed combo Into another up air and kill at certain percents and hits everyone close or taller then mario. DI can be reacted to so its defenetly true. I might just make a video about a ton of up air combos and follow ups nobody uses or really knows about at all.

Edit:sorry for the double post but I forgot the important part. Can anyone make or find a good thumbnail for the tech videos. Also anything I can do to make the videos better? I might be able to mimic the movements with my gamecube adapter on my computer and put it in the video.
try using padpyte for the controller input capture, actually ive been wondering for awhike now if there was such a thing like a usb splitter, also, like i said before the multi jab combo is an option but its a damn good one, i didnt realize until i used it in a few games against actual people, people freeze up, i was thinking about, what if u got a jab combo, into pummel grab release or throw, that could rack up nice damage. so ur saying upair upair combos into eachother or did u mean to say grab up throw with cstick into up air combos? i forgot all about throwing with c stick so i havnt tried it out.

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
Up air up air combos and kills around 80%.
did you want to play later today? ill show u some of the things ive been working on and you could show
me some things, we can mumble too. im done streaming melee so from now on i can put time into yoshi lab lizarding.

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
did yo play later today? ill show u some of the things ive been working on and you could show
me some things, we can mumble too. im done streaming melee so from now on i can put time into yoshi lab lizarding.
No I cant. I only have real wifi on the weekends. Set up tilts on c stick. Full hop buffer the up air when yorr opponent is at the right percent and then double jump into another up air.

Also try edge trumping dirrectly right after a run without stoping. Yeah its pretty hard but I found a alternative for everyone but really only usefull for yoshi.

Run> neutral L stick right on cliff>:GCDR:>:GCD:>:GCDL:>:GCL:
Result perfect easy fast edge grab.

Top Bottom