• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

Plaz

Smash Rookie
I haven't come up with the patience to read the ENTIRE thread, so please don't be mad if this question has already been answered:

Does this glitch work in v1.2 AND v1.0? I have v1.2 and I can't do it...

Levitas

the moon
Yeah, it should work. It's pretty tough the first couple of times, but it's easier to see if you've done it w/ AR. After a while it's cool because you get a thunder jacket in teams and KO both of the opponents within a few seconds.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Does anyone know if it's possible to DJC fast enough to get a bair jacket? It seems like I've been able to nearly get it fast enough by using Y + up + C stick back.

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
That sounds like something that might be posible. Thing is it would have to cancle out the b-air which might be hard seeing as how it has only a few frames that the actual b-air really kills.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Ahh the memories... :)

Remember, to be "jacketable" it must be cancelable and have only 1 hitbox at any given time.

Hermit

Smash Cadet
I'm having some issues with the YYG. I can do the glitch with a pretty good success rate, but for some reason when I try to do a down smash when I do the YYG, it doesn't hit.

Edit: Never mind. I figured it out. You don't do the down smash once you get it to work. You just do the YYG then run past the enemy and then do the down smash.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
grabs are the best. Most people flip out when they teleport into your hands and get killed with a back throw. Classic.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I dont see the question. But no we havnt. I think people gave up once brawl came out.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
OMG, you dont know about it Tyr?

It was the legend of all legends before I died then was revived.
Search WIkipedia for it. It involved something like infinite jackets and such

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol that told me like nothing about it. So now I know that it's some ridiculously powerful yoyo glitch that we know next to nothing about? Infinite jackets and instant throw KOs? Sounds cool...if we have a clue how to recreate it. Sounds like it'd be banned if we figured out how to do it anyhow (unless it's next to impossible to pull off.)

Levitas

the moon
lol, check again. This is melee first off, and secondly, it was never banned. I pulled this many times in tourneys, as did all my competent Ness brethren.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I know the YYG isn't banned. There's no reason why it would be. High level players can usually avoid it every time and it's benefits are limited. I've seen it used in tournaments but let's face it, you're going to have to be a beast at reading and mindgames to pull it off against M2K, PC Chris etc. But hey, prove me wrong if you have a vid of someone putting it to good use against a top player cuz it'd be amazing to see.

But this super yyg sounds ridiculous. A glitch that lasts the entire match and could basically make Ness invincible with infinite Thunderjackets? Even if we could recreate it, I don't think anyone would allow something that powerful. I mean some people banned wobbling and this would be WAY better than that if it could be done reliably. The only way I could see it happening is if it was extremely situation. Like maybe if it only worked against certain characters or on certain stages or something.

takieddine

Smash Master
Thanks, I've been trying to play Ness, and YYG is just another level that ness can be taken to.j

I've only pulled it off like twice in a real match of my couple of weeks of playing with ness. And I can actually perform the glitch with 100% efficiency now.

Tron V2.0

Smash Apprentice
sup dudes,
i haven't been here for a while but now that I'm back this thread has reached its 90th page!!! zomg!!!
I think this topic has probably been picked to the bone 'cept for the supper yoyo glitch. I think it would be best for this thread that users just post in this if they actually have information on said subject instead of just rambling on about what it is or just chatting on an off-topic subject.
please ppl, make the Ness boards a respectable one.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
did yall know the hitbox for the spike and thunder jacket are at nesses body while the hitbox for the star jacket is at his head, makes sense doeskin it.. Just some interesting infoo i found out from seansons hitbox system.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
How do you sparkle and spike jacket? I can never seem to get them right. I've read the guide, by the way, already.

LBK! of CIC

Smash Cadet
to spike jacket, you have to djc it late enough that the hit comes out, but early enough that the animation gets cancelled, just play with the timing and you'll get it

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
to spike jacket, you have to djc it late enough that the hit comes out, but early enough that the animation gets cancelled, just play with the timing and you'll get it
you could also just SHFFL it which is must easier :)

I laid a thunder-jacket trap box on the ground in a real match!!! I've only been able to do this against a Falco, though [easiest to time the intentional interruption of the usmash after the jacket's equipped]

gongbomb

Smash Cadet
anyone try upsmash out of shield to set up a yoyo glitch? Since ness's grab range sucks, I find I have a better chance to punish with the extra range from the yoyo.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
noone has posted in this room for like 10 days
this is probably the least active character specific board

anyways, stupid yyg out of shield is annoying me. Either I usmash without the small charge, grab, or full hop uair whenver I try and it's getting annoying.

Help?

LSDX

Wah!
So I finally got around to practicing the YYG and my deathline grabbing. Good **** and very sick. I don't see how I can apply it in standard gameplay, ecspecially seeing as everyone around here plays top tiers, but no worries. :laugh:

I still cannot master thunder jacketing real well, I'll get to it...eventually.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I play Ness often for fun against people worse than me... partly to do the yoyo glitch. I just have a couple of questions/suggestions about this:

Lets say you have a Ness ditto, and your opponent pulls off the yoyo glitch and is waiting for you to get into the death line. Can you do an up-smash on his dropped hitbox to do a yoyo-glitch of your own?

If you pull off the extended yoyo glitch hitbox (i.e. you have a jacket hitbox on the ground/air), can you use other attacks that would normally trigger the deathline, or are you still stuck to B moves?

Also, this should work against the shyguys in Yoshi's Story. You would also be able to cancel the extended yoyo glitch with the cloud. Just a way you could set up the jacket hitbox :p

toasty

Smash Hero
oh **** you can drop the jacket-hitboxes on the cloud?! like when it goes into the stage or what? and then does it just hang there in the air? Just curious :)

if you usmash another person's dropped hitbox then I think it will clank. pretty sure.

if you drop a jacket-hitbox, you can only do b moves, afaik

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I don't know if the cloud trick works for setting up the jacket trap, but if you time it right, you could potentially start your attack... then the cloud disappears from under you... so you'd expect it to work.

Putting a spike jacket there would be too good. Easy edgeguard lol (or anti edgeguard) :p

Handorin

Smash Hero
I don't think you can. If you try and charge a yoyo on a slope or near an edge, it doesnt charge.

toasty

Smash Hero
with regard to edges [not necessarily the cloud as I haven't experimented with this], you can charge the yoyo if and only if you have enough space for the fully extended yoyo to be dangling just beyond the edge. It'll then fall and hang over the ledge a bit as it charges...but it's possible.

This is also how you get YYGs off of the starblocks on Green Greens

Top Bottom