• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

Ademisk

Smash Champion
And with Green Greens, you can practice the effect of the YYG infinitely, since after it hits enough blocks it automatically regenerates for all targets. Was it 15 targets before it regenerates or 16?

Levitas

the moon
I'll check the simna hitbox renewal thread, but I'm pretty sure it's 12.

EDIT: yes, it's twelve, and to clarify, you can hit an object, then you must hit 12 other objects before it will be able to hit the first object again, so you need a total of 13 objects before any one of them can be hit twice. Simna's hibox renewal thread is really intriguing, it's in melee discussion, just search "hitbox renewal".

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
I've read it. It's pretty good. Didn't get a lot of attention though because it really doesn't apply to anyone except Ness mains. Ademisk, Green Greens is good but you could also go to Mushroom Kingdom (the one with the blocks) because there is just so much stuff there.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
wow. I started testing out this glitch out the other day, and as hard as it is, it is freaking awesome when I manage to do it :p btw, is it possible to yo yo glitch with Ness's down smash?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Yes, but it is a lot harder. You have to hit them with the same timing (I think), but you have to get hit to cancel it fast enough.

Im probably wrong, so dont pay attention to me. >_>

Levitas

the moon
As far as I know, it hasn't been moved to the front page of this thread, and therefore is unclear to all as to how to yyg off of the downsmash.

Getting hit out of the up or downsmash is how you equip the toy jacket (drop a hitbox on the stage of a jacket you have equipped)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Just a random plug, but has anyone ever dash attack spiked? I have a couple times. It is quite hilarious.

And for those who wonder:
NME is close to edge, 1st hit box pushes them off and the second one hits the top of them (since they fell a little), then they die.

>_>

Levitas

the moon
lol, my bad for giving misinformation. The toy jacket is something different, but what I described does exist.

And the hitbox renewal thread is interesting... If only it were more practical to apply.

perhaps star jacket edgegames on Green Greens?

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Okay, so far I've had success comboing Fairs, dthrows, and PK Fire into the YYG, anyone know any other good ones? The YYG is too powerful to let difficulty in pulling off be a factor. And it can't be more difficult than waveshining with Fox multiple times. And if that has even a fourth of the potential that continuous extended Thunder Jackets do, well...it just doesn't.

Levitas

the moon
Anyone can SDI or even ASDI out of the range of the yyg startup. Therefore, it is impossible to reliably combo anyone into yyg. Besides, you have to be really meticulous with spacing, and if you multi hit them on fair, your opponent has an extremely easy time with ASDI.

You're better off running up and upsmashing to either get it, or get them to worry about you getting it, and using that fear as a way to throw them off balance.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I'm not talking about a real combo, I'm talking about moves that stun and space the enemy long enough and just far enough to get the yoyo out. Running up and upsmashing is stupid, it's too obvious. I've been working on dash dance pivoting it which seems to work pretty well sometimes. The point is, also, DI has gotten waaay too many letters attached to it, please tell me what the hell ASDI is.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Automatic Smash Directional Influence.

Automatic Smash DI functions similarly to Smash DI, but it occurs the frame after the attack's hitlag ends. The character will move, but not as far as in normal Smash DI.

A tactic is double stick DI which involves pointing both the control stick and the C-stick in 2 different directions so the player can alter the trajectory with the control stick and use the C-stick to control the Automatic Smash DI into a different direction from the direction being held on the control stick. This was later found out to be quite useful, especially when used to get the lowest angle of knockback while ASDI-ing straight downward to tech along the ground and survive high damage hits well beyond what is possible by taking the hit into the air.

http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/Directional_influence

Handorin

Smash Hero
heh People do it all the time. My nickname is also Handy (or Hando), which can lead to more puns.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
that's..uhm....what? Okay, I kinda get it, but how is applicable to my fair. That's just..confusing..>_>

Plus, the point of fair > YYG is that the opponent's instinct is to come at me just when I land during an fair, so I L-cancel into YYG or wavedash into YYG if they hesitate. Lots of options. YYG is impossible to perfect, technical wise, it requires mindgames, but it's way too powerful to ignore just because of that.

My enthusiasm is at a peak. I just started messing with Extended Jackets, and..my god...if I can't apply this to my battle, I will give up Ness forever.

Levitas

the moon
Um, yeah. Basically SDI means that there are a bunch of places that the opponent can end up after a fair, so you can't plan out spacing in a precise manner beforehand.

It's like how foxes can't rely on their Uairs. Everyone just moves to the side and/or up during the first hit to get out of range.

But good luck with figuring things out. Vids would be cool.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Yeah, trying. I still don't have video of my Ness...>_>

And like I said, there's no point in planning YYG precisely. Mindgames are required. I wish the people that tested all this crap were still around, I've gotta wait for Simna to get on AIM to ask any questions about it.

S2

Smash Lord
So is this glitch banned at tourney's or not?

I haven't seen anything on it and I just kinda assumed that it was too difficult to pull off in a real match for it to be much of a problem to most tourney hosters.

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
how does the pk flash work with this technique?

I'm able to set up the trap and i use the pk flash but it doesn't do anything to the 3 other opponants. I can, however, use a forward smash right afterwards against all 3 of them so i know that i had set up the move correctly.

Is there a place that I should use the flash in order to hit them? And yes i am on the other side of the stage from the trap.

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
yea infact those 2 people are right on the front page of this forum. Which is why i figure one of them would know.

Levitas

the moon
Dude, I equipped a thunder jacket today, hit the peach with it, and then sat back as he threw turnips at me. The 11th one he threw was a zombie, which apparently clanks with the jacket, bounces off, and in the process breaks the jacket, so I didn't get the hitbox renewal, but it was still fun.

I think that's one of the first times I glitched off a Peach for some reason.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I just equipped a jacket in training mode and placed some green shells to try out the hitbox renewal. I added too many... and the game froze (with the controller still buzzing).

Levitas

the moon
Lol, green greens is better for that, just hit the blocks on either side, and detonate bombs from a distance. The hitbox renewal's funny, though.

Levitas

the moon
Not likely. Nobody's experienced it, but it really doesn't make sense that it would be in brawl. After all, they did make another physics engine for brawl.

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
Yea i doubt they would accidentally add it twice. Then again i doubt any one's looking for it so it may be.

Top Bottom