• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

Cort

Apple Head
Does too? I remember it being discussed more than a year ago and there has been no further details since then.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Wow. That was pretty random. The SYYG might exist but from what I see and hear, may not be a good thing to try and do in a middle of a match. Maybe they gave up on trying to figure it out because they realized that was way too situational and the odds of pulling it off are equal to noob ICs pulling a freezing glitch on Ken.

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
Does too? I remember it being discussed more than a year ago and there has been no further details since then.
I wanted to find out more about it than what flamestar had to say about it to simna in earlier pages.

That's why i wanted to know what happened to SIMNA during his supposed SYYG.
Not Flamestar's.

EDIT: oh yeah, I read somewhere that you have to l-cancel to equip spike and star jackets..................................

.........You don't.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
CORT! you know Geos! I love that dude in the most heterosexual way possible =D
glad that even though Connecticut stole him from VA this summer he got to spend it well...
would love to play you some time, though I don't know how that could ever logistically happen =/

St. Viers

Smash Champion
too bad lonelyness quit...If he wasn't lying, he got the craziest stuff (things maybe from syyging accidentally) So many questions I accumulated reading this...:/ like whether he JCed when he was doing this.

iirc he said that his hypothesis was something to do with an airdodge---anyone want to look into that (probably not going to achieve anything, but meh)

Anywho, i just read all 81 pages of this (took me all day), and imo the enthusiasm and the commitment is dying (possibly because you have finally ran out of yyg things to discover). Sinma and fireblade seem to have been hoaxing y'all. I mean, look at the progress made in the first year, when this was discovered. Now look at syyg progress :/ it lead to discovering that Phantom hits don't get rid of a jackets charge, but not much else.

Also, all the original posters are gone, for the most part :/ Now it's just pretty spammy.

Because I don';t want it t obe a hoax, some thoughts, kinda arranged:

___Why I think some things said by Sinma may be possible___
1. How people act on the edge is funky, as evidenced by ledge cancling, UpB cancelling, etc
2. Ness can drop hitboxes, instead of then disappearing.
3. They can hover (as proven by EB360).

However, for this to work:
1. Ness' upsmash doesn't stop his momentum (allowing him to slide a little)
2. The hitboxes would drop, and not disappear.
3. He can run off and DI back on. As link can, I bet Ness can as well.
4. People can replicate what Fireblade did with the yoyo

Other questions.
*You can jump cancel any time before you leave the ground, right? Does that perhaps make a difference?
*Does WDing facing the ledge or away from it matter (the fact that if you WD forward you get into your shield, as opposed to just falling off.
* early on people mentiaoned dropping multiple hitboxes/ HB layers. Has AR confirmed this? If so, what is the timing for this? perhaps it is a part of SYYGing
*@Sinma: Any progress recently?

For the record-- I can use deadzones and find spike jacket easy. I have yet to try other things successfully (then again, I only tried for like 10 minutes). Once I get better at this, we'll see what I can do.

PS: one final thought. Many of the SYYG things seem like a reverse of the YYG-- moving from the you to the hitbox, not hitbox to you. Reasons for this happening would be interesting. Perhap some edges disallow the deadzone to function properly?

PPS: Couple more YYG questions(nothing deep, just me clarifying, as I'm a n00b to this)
*Does the jacket recharge simply by people projectile spamming you? that is, as links arrows and sheik's needles in the ground can help recharge, does them hitting you count (either hitting the jacket or the part of you not covered)
* You don't need to be near the hitbox to put the jacket on right, just have noone in the deadzone?
*Attacking kills the jacket?
*If your jacket is dead, you can still switch it, but it doesn't recharge? does that mean you can use it, but still switch to TJ to help block projectiles?

EDIT: further reason why this may not be fake--

1. Other random stuff inculded Doc's pills warping people, as well as his cape warping people--there has been no clear reason why, but that's because Doc mains aren't as motivated as y'all. The pill warp also was fixed iirc in later versions. The cape warp just happened to me a few weeks ago with vs 1.2, so SYYG could be there too

2. Ness would be too awesome. In Poker terms, the pot odds are high enough to take the risk and call. ;)

EDIT2: just remembered. Also, the doc glitch doesn't happen on all stages either. Kinda like this hasn't been able to be replicated on many stages.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I've tried more than once to get a SYYG off, but not enough is known about it, and it ends in failure a lot. Honestly, it's probably not too worth it anyway. It'd be immediately banned from all tournaments forever, and it's probably hellishly hard to pull off even if you know how.

As for your questions.

A: As long as they're viable targets that you can hit with a jacket, hitting 15 of them will recharge the jacket. But I think Shiek's needles destroy the jacket if they hit you. I could be wrong, anyone wanna comment about this?

B: Even if someone IS in the deadzone, you can put on the jacket. I've had people get PKT2'd when I'm putting on a Thunder Jacket.

C: ...that's a **** good question. Anyone?

St. Viers

Smash Champion
re: B

but can you then hit them with the TJ? I thought you couldn't (which is why you CAN do it to sheik, then get zelda if they transform)

EDIT: and isn't it 12, not 15?

St. Viers

Smash Champion
sorry for the double post, but just a quick clarification...

how far off the ledge do you want the yoyo?

With good spacing you can get the head completely off the ledge, and some of the string as well. No WDing or anything needed. What I got seems to fit Flamestar's description. Odd angle, around 40% of the string. I tested on FD and Battlefield, but realized I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking for.

Any closer than where I was (~3/4ths ness length from the edge) and it can't charge. I tried WDing, running, being pushed, and bunny ears, as well as the booser, link, sheik thing where they run til they tumble. meh >_< this is annoying, especially without specifics...:/

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I heard from Simna that you want the yoyo, string and all, completely off the ledge. It's easy to get part of the head off, but only a small amount of the string comes down.

And no. You won't be able to hit them with the TJ. But it will still be there...just..uselessly.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I <3 Geos =)
you should come down to VA and visit him...I was just in Richmond a couple hours ago at Tope/Doll/Nelo's place and Geos...man...he got so much better in Connecticut. He's interested in learning Ness. And he wanted me to teach him the YYG tonight. I tried doing what I could though I was very limited with time, but I don't know how progess he'll ever make with Ness since he admits he's too lazy to read up on anything about Ness haha...oh well, at least I got him to learn the timing of the charge and a few glitch/jacket fundamentals.

Also, after playing Doll a good number of times in the last month or so, I think I'm developing a solid strategy for Peach...hopefully I'll be able to test it out on you [and fail, and then learn more! ^_^]

lol, I'm not even bothering with the SYYG...I think I should worry about getting good with Ness before I try that ****

Cort

Apple Head
I think my point was to tell people that the SYYG doesn't exist and is just something to hype Ness' game up.

Anyway, Geos was a cool guy. He sometimes got a little disappointed with himself somewhat too frequently, and I'm surprised how good he got from being in CT over the summer =)

If he wants to learn Ness then I hope he only uses him in friendlies >_> I think that speaks for itself.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Well, it probably exists, but I don't know how much it hypes Ness' game up. I am of the opinion that Ness hardly needs SYYG to hype his game up. Regardless, I don't care.

And Ness mains rule.

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
LOL

Yes, ness mains are jesus.
My bro gets mad at me when i use the yyg.

Just yesterday he was like " How does it feel winning by cheating?"
In my head I was like..........***** baby. :)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'd like to think that SYYG exists and Simna didn't lie to me again, but there's no actual proof. There's theoretical theories >.>, but no hard facts/videos.

Cort

Apple Head
Ah yeah, even though it's been replicated by what's his name and you, it's just way too frame precise to do. Kind of like the SWD, or something.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
yeah and unlike SWD....i believe the SYYG has...quite a few instances where u are required to be frame perfect

and on top of that the frames for SWD are known....they arent know for SYYG

Cort

Apple Head
Well, definitely let me know when it's figured out. But I mean, you and what's his name have done it before, so the multiple instances of frame precision shouldn't take more than a year to figure out.

Oh wait >_<

Lol, I love bustin your balls. Lets Ness ditto at SCC =D

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
lets see if we can get SYYG by Dec 1st, so we can celebrate for a day before we start drooling over SSBB.

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
whoa,
something happened a few days ago.
Me and my friend that i'm helping to get better at smash, were practicing the yyg and he equipped a star jacket.

He ran through me, and nothing happened, so I thought he didn't really get a yyg.

Then I go for him, thinking im safe, and i get hit with the star jacket?!

Just something wierd......

Levitas

the moon
Now if only hit and hurt boxes were always visible when matches happened, we could know exactly what happened. Except that the jackets wouldn't be good anymore.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I'd almost say you got a ghost hit...but if you got a ghost hit then it would've stopped the Star Jacket from hitting you. It could be that the shape of the star jacket stopped it from hitting you the first time. Honestly, if it's something like that, only Action Replay could really tell what happened.

Levitas

the moon
lol. but I can't think of a reason why you couldn't. The hitbox can still be tangent to a hurtbox, so the phantom hit should still occur. Is that wrong for the deadline?

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
I meant to mention this a while ago but just remembered just now.

There is a certain point when you jc ness's usmash off the edge and you can let it charge the whole way but if you can stay still and try to usmash again, you wont' be able to charge it up again.

also, someone said dropped hitboxes could hover? Well i have version 1.2 and when i dropped a hitbox on one of the ledges that collapses in onett, when the ledges collapsed, the hitbox fell down.

D

Deleted member

Umm i have a few questions.

1. What options do u have after putting on the thunder jacket, since grabs, a moves, and PKT2 get rid of it.
2.How do u cancel the uair and dair hitboxes to put on the star and spike jackets.
3. What is the point of star jacket

Top Bottom