• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

Ademisk

Smash Champion
He wasn't asking a question, he was making a comment. If you've got someone in the deadline you can PKT2 into the sweetspot, hit them, and still obtain the COMPLETELY useless jacket, since they have a ghost hit. The sweetspot has to be pretty perfect though.

Handorin

Smash Hero
aka. teams match. I'll draw a diagram. =P

A=Ness who just sweetspotted.
B=Player 2
C=Player 3
D=Player 4
T=Trapbox

A.........C...........T.........B.....D

Player C was hit by the dead line, but he also just sweetspotted therefore equiping a jacket. Player B and D who were not in the deadline did not get hit by the deadline and maybe be hit by the jacket.

If you dont trust me, go check it out. ;) and yes, it was just a comment I threw out there.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
u did a deadline....can be done with almost any attack....if you wanna get a jacket then dont run across to the othr side of the stage past yoshi....instead turn around and use the other edge^_^
Ah, that's what I thought, just didn't realize it worked with PKT2 like that. Thank ya kindly.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Handorin: Yes, but only if the move you used as a deadline also equiped the jacket at the same time

EDIT: this was shown in my vol2 guide in one of the clips featuring 3 Samus bots

EDIT2: i missed your diagram...if the plaers are arranged like

A....B......C.....D....T then all of them will get hit by the deadline if Ness is A

however is the Ness is B, then onlt C and D will get hit by it and if it was a jacketing atttack then you will now have a jacket that can hit character A

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ya, Im pretty sure I said that in one of my post. Only drawback to this is you have to be careful of not touching your teammate at all.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So the most times you could hit with ONE PKT2 without hitbox regeneration would be... 5-ish? I dunno.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I don't know if you can keep doing it, like, more than twice. I haven't experimented with it enough and I no longer have a cube to play on for a couple weeks. but I do know it works at least once =D
the other thing you can do: after you use the jacket, hit a star block [and if the blocks are piled too high, hit the top one with a pkfire, watch all of em in that column disappear, and then you hit the fresh one]...do an uncharged upsmash on that block, dropping ANOTHER hit box. =D I'll have to try this one out more to see if it's infinite or not like it is on people. I can't see why not, but I guess you gotta be perfect.

toasty

Smash Hero
Hey, can you start a yoyo glitch off of the star blocks too? If you can, then Green Greens could become quite the counterpick...
yes...yes you can...and hell yes is it an awesome counterpick
just don't get frustrated when learning the timing, because hitting a star block won't look the same as hitting a person and you may have a different reaction and different thought as to when you release the yoyo....just have patience and you'll master it, it's a really valuable skill to have on that level =D

N.OW

Smash Journeyman
its really easy to yyg on the blocks at green greens. Just make sure you only touch the bottom block. It can be either bomb or no bomb it doesnt matter and its very easy to do. The most important part is your distance to the block and when you do it right it will feel a certain way and after some time you will be able to tell if you did it right or did not.

toasty

Smash Hero
its really easy to yyg on the blocks at green greens.
agreed, it's just that this other guy who was trying to use Ness asked me how, and I showed him, and I told him it was easy and he kept getting really frustrated with it, so I figured maybe it isn't easy for everyone. but yeah. just practice it, and like with getting the YYG off of a person, after enough times, you KNOW when you got it

Giga Master Hand

Smash Cadet
I've captured a video of the Yo-Yo glitch in action. I thought you guys would like to see it.

It's on my own site, so it's not like it'll rapidly spread to all smashers. :p

I have been practicing my Ness skills lately, and this glitch seems like a really worth adition to his moveset. Thunder Jacket FTW (even though it seems to last just for three hits)!

If you want to see it, it can be found here. Enjoy!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Excellent ideo, Giga Master Hand. A longer version that should be the yoyo glitch instructional video, instead of the "bonus" section of Simna's guide to PKT 2.

Tron V2.0

Smash Apprentice
any news on the SYYG yet? or is it just a hokes?

anyways, i've noticed that the deathline does not work on characters in the air but only if they're on the ground, and so everyone gets refreshed on the timing of Nesses YYG, it's 0.5 seconds AFTER you hit the opponent or item with the Yo-Yo. This works with both ways of getting the YYG.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
any news on the SYYG yet? or is it just a hokes?

anyways, i've noticed that the deathline does not work on characters in the air but only if they're on the ground
Yeah, Simna's right, it can miss. If I remember correctly what Earthbound told me all those months ago, the deathline is a one-pixel-thick line of effect that stretches from Ness' closest hitbox to the trapbox. Therefore, if your opponent isn't between your attack and that trapbox, the YYG won't work. So it is possible to hit an airborn opponent, it's just harder.

Wasn't it thought that SYYG would work on an opponent anywhere on-screen from wherever the trapbox was set? There was a whole theory worked out at one point, I can't remember what it was exactly, but I havn't heard of anyone else duplicating positive results with any respectable frequency.

JeffMan

Smash Apprentice
I was reading up on this SYYG stuff, and one thing that was said is that Ness may have to be able to charge his yo-yo off the edge, and I found an easy way to do this. It's easy to do if you charge your yo-yo slightly away from the edge, and then have someone walk into you, thus pushing you and the entire yoyo off the edge. I'm only one person and can't set it up applicably to do a YYG though, but I'll be sure to try it the next time I'm at a friend's house.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
I was reading up on this SYYG stuff, and one thing that was said is that Ness may have to be able to charge his yo-yo off the edge, and I found an easy way to do this. It's easy to do if you charge your yo-yo slightly away from the edge, and then have someone walk into you, thus pushing you and the entire yoyo off the edge.
it has been said that that method doesn't work... but who's to say...

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
If the SYYG did exist, then it would most likely to be banned in tournaments for having an unfair advantage in being able to hit or grab someone from anywhere on the stage no matter where the hitbox was set.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
No. It would probably be banned the same way that there are freeze glitches that are banned. It's like that because even though it's almost impossible to do during a match, that rule is set so people don't try to do it during a match. If the SYYG does exist and it works, then it would be banned so people wouldn't try to do it during a tournament.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
SYYG would be like the Uber glitch. It'd be instant kill, infinite stall (almost), possible infinite with constantly hitting permanent Spike Jacket, possibly freezing the game.

Top Bottom