• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

Handorin

Smash Hero
How close are you? I know some in Florida drive 12+ hours. There might even be people from your area coming.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
At least you live on the same continent...

I've been thinking about the mechanics of the YYG, and it's so confusing!
I mean... because of one thing, you should be able to do this thing, but you can't! so i think some more, and finally i understand this thing, which leads to another thing, which makes my head ache... And then I stop.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
It seems like everything I hypothesized so far has worked. That's how I discovered Toy Jacket, Chain yo-yos, and Dropped Jacket Deathlines.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
How close are you? I know some in Florida drive 12+ hours. There might even be people from your area coming.
It's not so much the fact that I live in NY as it is that I'm 17 and influenced by parental will. If they would let me, I would drive down there in a heartbeat! But alas...:(

Hmm...now that I think about it, I have relatives that live in Tennessee. If I were by some chance allowed to come down and smash, I could stay with them.

KrulNess

Smash Apprentice
do you guys even talk about the glitch anymore???

i go back to see any progress i missed and suddenly im reading about tennessee and new york

what is the world coming to???

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
good point.....
[/spam]

EDIT: simna, are you aware there is a video called Simna-ibn-idiot out there? it is actully quite funny.....by ender, i think.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
do you guys even talk about the glitch anymore???

i go back to see any progress i missed and suddenly im reading about tennessee and new york

what is the world coming to???
lol it seems that I have been the only one talking about it and making discoveries lately. Toy jacket, jacket deathlines, chain yo-yos, and aerial trapboxes were all mine :cool:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Y'know how forums use tags like blah blah[/img*]?
Well, Annoying has been using [/clueless] and [/spam] and probably other stuff I dunno about.

Hey Rhyme! Your name starts with an R!?

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
I wish I didn't have to say this: there is no nair Jacket... =(
And there are no new Jackets. BUT, do you know that if you have a Jacket equipped and you use an up+smash on an enemy, the yoyo will take on the characteristics of the Jacket AND it will drop another hitbox.
Also, do you know about Dropped Jackets?

Dropped Jackets --- Jacket Trapbox -
This technique is easiest to do with the aid of Falco’s lasers. When Ness has a Jacket equipped, have Falco fire a laser at Ness. Right before Ness gets hit, have Ness do an U+Smash or D+Smash. If Ness’s smash was timed correctly, the Jacket will fall on the ground and if another character walks into it, it will damage give knockback like the equipped Jacket (but other than that, it will act like a normal trapbox).

EarthBound360 has made some progress in the YYG area... Toy Jacket and other things. But I don't use it much, so I can't really explain it well =/

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Okay, the newest thingies. BTW, they're not too useful, but it's something.

Aerial trapboxes: When you set up a trapbox, use your yo-yo and get hit or have a platform dissappear under you when the yo-yo is in the air.

Toy jacket: After you set up a trapbox, use your yo-yo on top of a platform that dissappears like the awnings on Onnett. Time your yo-yo use on top of it to eqpuip the hitbox of Ness' yo-yo. It can be the weak or strong hitbox depending on your timimng. It's hard to tim, but you want the hitbox to just come out as the platforms fall.

Chain yo-yo: Set up a trapbox and use your usmash on an enemy. If you hit them as it shoots out, a new trapbox will be set to use again in any way.

Jacket Deathlines: After you do the dropped jacket trick that OYM just said, if you get an opponent in deathline position and use your usmash or dsmash. Your trapbox will stretch over to Ness as a deathline and keep its hitbox properties. So if you drop a thunder jacket, it will stretch over to Ness like a deathline.

Handorin

Smash Hero
If you drop a jacket but use something like Fsmash, will it still contain it's properties?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I think I saw that, but you equipped a jacket beforehand. This made it a special yo-yo. THe chain yo-yo is just using the basic trapbox.

Hey guyses! Any of you think I would be a good candidate for the forum award "Best Sig"!? A lot of people have PMed and +repped me for it lol :cool:

KrulNess

Smash Apprentice
go for id dude, and nice discovories, even if you didint really discover it.

and what about the R thing?

boy does smashboards confuse me nowadays.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Alright, hey kids, it's me...back for this obligatory update post.

This isn't going to happen too often, so, anybody want me to throw anything into Post #1? Any corrections or inclusions? I have no idea what's been going on whatsoever.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
WOAH, dan dont go!!!!

i need some one to write the move desciptions for my super guide. simna.....i dont think he wants to :/

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Alright, hey kids, it's me...back for this obligatory update post.

This isn't going to happen too often, so, anybody want me to throw anything into Post #1? Any corrections or inclusions? I have no idea what's been going on whatsoever.
Ask Earthbound, he figured some stuff out.

I'm willing...as long as u realize...that i am very busy...and it will not be done immediately (and you tell me exactly what descriptions im writing^_^)
Science be ****ed, so demanding!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Whew.... awakening this thread....

The problem with SYYG seems to be that WD does not give enough distance. Well... combine this with the Ness thread about DjC WD/Waveland dist being greater than normal WD dist... and.... you might have a way to do SYYG.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
Okay, sorry for the neophyte-esque post and question, but is PKTM the same as PKT2? Or is it a reference to PKT Maximum Distance??

Reason I ask is, I was playing around with yyg a little earlier tonight. Training mode, all standard settings, against a Yoshi, Final Destination. I dropped a trap box on the far right and ran across to try and PKT into the ledge to get the Thunder Jacket. I'm not so good at PKT yet, however, and went vertically. The PKT2 hit the Yoshi who was still across the map, pretty close to the trap box but not directly on top of it. I hadn't really seen the yyg exploited like this and just wanted to make sure that it was normal and such.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
u did a deadline....can be done with almost any attack....if you wanna get a jacket then dont run across to the othr side of the stage past yoshi....instead turn around and use the other edge^_^

Handorin

Smash Hero
It is possible to deathline a person and still equip a jacket if someone is in the middle and someone else is not.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
1. That is not a question =P
2. "if someone is in the middle and someone else is not." How does that work? Which "someone" are you?

Top Bottom