• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
burntsocks,

1. basically, you can just touch the opponent and it will be like getting hit by a PKT2
2. To equip Ness's dair to his body, short hop and then dair. To equip Ness's uair to his body, double jump canceled uair and then fast fall. But you really have to feel it out...
3. it's not really my first choice jacket, but i'm sure you could find some useful uses...[/QUOTE]

D

Deleted member

burntsocks,

1. basically, you can just touch the opponent and it will be like getting hit by a PKT2
2. To equip Ness's dair to his body, short hop and then dair. To equip Ness's uair to his body, double jump canceled uair and then fast fall. But you really have to feel it out...
3. it's not really my first choice jacket, but i'm sure you could find some useful uses...
[/QUOTE]

k thank you, but for number 1, i understood that, but i meant after the hitbox is already used on your opponents, is it better to get rid of the jacket? or is there good attacks from the jacket.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
i'm not sure if this will help but...

when a jacket is equipped,
you can use a yoyo attack,
and the first part of the yoyo attack will carry the jacket on it.

try it.

D

Deleted member

i'm not sure if this will help but...

when a jacket is equipped,
you can use a yoyo attack,
and the first part of the yoyo attack will carry the jacket on it.

try it.
sweet. But if i touch them and hit them with the hitbox, will the yo yo work after that?

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
the hitbox is only a one-use thing.

actually, if you have a jacket equipped,
do the yoyo glitch method of dropping a hitbox again,
the jacket will be delivered to the opponent,
and also a new yyg will be set,
so you can start all over again!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
^ keep in mind that if you have a jacket on and do hit your opponent with an uncharged upsmash or downsmash, the jacket effect will carry onto the yoyo and drop a new hitbox, but I THINK it's only an uncharged one? This...uh. It's not something most people instinctively do in matches, nor is it something many can actually pull off.

If you hit with the jacket, you can use a f-air if they're within range because it has multiple hits [the first few will be ghost hits]...otherwise, you're better off just...I dunno, doing A-A-A or something quick to get rid of the ghost hits

Star Jacket = dead Jigglypuff at about 110%
An easier way of getting the Star Jacket is to do the uair right as you're landing. You can see Ness's head **** back but that's it before he hits the ground. The good thing about this is people usually never notice that one, whereas equipping a spike jacket or thunder jacket is far more noticeable and ultimately more commonly used.

toasty

Smash Hero
Yeah, but Spike Jackets and Thunder jackets are a far more assured kill, I don't see much reason to use the other jackets.
well, against floatier characters at high damages, it will kill whether they're running at you, jumping at you, or jumping from beneath you. So either way, it will be a kill. And as I mentioned, it's relatively undetectable when equipping

toasty

Smash Hero
The point is, if they're at high enough damage to be killed by a star jacket, they should be freaking dead already.
not necessarily. ever play against a Peach on DL64 or FD? ever?

Edit: why are you arguing about the usefulness of something that ends up being a great convenience? are you that hell bent on arguing that you would use a stupid reason like that as your justification? lol...hmm, maybe you're just not great at equipping it?
Not trying to start anything, just...ease up on the arguing for no reason ;) It was a suggestion. Have you ever killed with uair? Just think about it that way.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
My argument is for the sake of any Ness who actually uses it. The other jackets are just better in my opinion. I only very rarely kill with uair, would rather have a PKT Jacket any day. If you're going to get a free hit in, might as well be something powerful.

Ktk

Smash Rookie
Okay, I've been trying this over and over again in ONE FOURTH TIME, against a moving target (towards me in walk mode).

Up smash, release right after first blink.

shorthop dair (Assume L-cancel isn't necessary?)

then I run into the guy and nothing happens. When I punch him, it does the normal 3. When I bair him it does the normal 13 or so percent.

What am I doing wrong, when I see Simnas, I see him recalling just after the 2nd one.. And it still works!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Is Ness's foot sticking out so the hitbox would actually hit someone if there was someone there? If not, YYG fail.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Just short hop, dair, then fastfall into the ground. It works for me. Or as Ademisk said your holding out the yoyo too long or not long enough.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
an easter egg is something like a glitch that is intentionally put in the game by its creators.
is that what you were asking about?

Levitas

the moon
I think the only one who asked a question (annoying for the record) asked a rhetorical question.

So to answer your question, no.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
A virtual Easter egg is an intentional hidden message or feature in an object such as a movie, book, CD, DVD, computer program, or video game. The term draws a parallel with the custom of the Easter egg hunt observed in many western nations.

-Wiki

St. Viers

Smash Champion
lol each time I see a new post here I hope something new has been discovered, only to be disappointed T-T

oh, Ktk--before automatically trying to equip a jacket, just have the CPU walk forward--see if it hits the dropped hitbox. That way you can tell you have the first part down at least.

Do it step by step--it's easier to figure out what you are doing wrong that way, and easier to know how to fix it

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
But if your opponent touches that hitbox, the glitch is done. But at least you'll know if you got the timing down.

Handorin

Smash Hero
But if your opponent touches that hitbox, the glitch is done. But at least you'll know if you got the timing down.
It's done for that character. It can hit any other item/character on the screen that hasnt been hit yet. After you hit 11? other objects, you can hit objects you have already hit.

tsk tsk, annoying. >_>

Handorin

Smash Hero
I prefer training mode. You can spawn multiple cpus, set the dmg, and spawn lots of Mr. Saturns!

Top Bottom