• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The worst represented character?

DyranMahBoooiii

Smash Cadet
Link or Toon Link, definately. I was really dissapointed with TL. Where's the **** wind baton?! Oh, yeah, in a taunt, with no use at all. No deku leaf, either. Lazy Nintendo. And then Link is an epic powerful hero in his games that takes down a bunch of godly beings. Then they decide to put him in the games with one of the worst recoveries and super slow movement.

The only character I can think of to be represented worse is Ganondorf. "Somewhat similar physiques? We must make him a Falcon clone!"

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha I love Ganondorf in both games. People need to realize that if he was put in with his uber godly powers from the games, he would be too good. I feel that all his moves fit his character well, and yes, while he is slow in Brawl, **** does he pack a punch. In Melee however, he was amazing! You can whine about how he is a clone, but if you actually PLAYED Melee beyond very casual play, you would realize that he is incredibly different from Captain Falcon. His spikes are one huge difference, as he can spike in 3 different ways. He also has 3 times more power than Falcon, and some incredible mind games can be employed in his favor. The last thing people don't realize about Ganondorf is that if he didn't have the same body type as Captain falcon, he wouldn't have been in the game at all. But after that Ganondorf rant, I feel the most poorly represented character is Mewtwo. He is supposed to be uber powerful in his own universe, with better fighting abilities that almost every other Pokemon, and yet he was horrible in Melee, and they didn't even bother to fix their mistake in Brawl. Poor guy, he deserved better.

Lithexive

Smash Rookie
I understand why Gannondorf was like he was in Melee..
But they didn't even think of changing him to suit his moves in brawl.
He has a SWORD but fights with his hands instead, as far as i know theres never been a Zelda game where Gannon and link get into a punch up.
At least give him that energy ball from the OoT fight as a projectile! :O

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
If every character was just like they were in their original games, then some would be almost invincible, and others would do nothing. Take the fire emblem characters, by the end of the game, the lords are almost invincible and can dodge almost any attack, counter attack every move, and are very strong. Zelda could only run and shoot light arrows. Snake and samus should kill with the first hit of their rockets, heck snake should at least have a socom. Once Kirby eats a person, that person should lose a stock.
In a fighting game like this, nintendo would have to nerf or buff (even make up atks and movesets) characters in an attempt to make them all evenly matched.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Everyone that didn't say mewtwo is high.

He was the most powerful Pokemon in his time and he's the worst in melee.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If every character was just like they were in their original games, then some would be almost invincible, and others would do nothing. Take the fire emblem characters, by the end of the game, the lords are almost invincible and can dodge almost any attack, counter attack every move, and are very strong. Zelda could only run and shoot light arrows. Snake and samus should kill with the first hit of their rockets, heck snake should at least have a socom. Once Kirby eats a person, that person should lose a stock.
In a fighting game like this, nintendo would have to nerf or buff (even make up atks and movesets) characters in an attempt to make them all evenly matched.
That's taking it into extreme accounts. No one is expecting Ness to be uber, Samus to be broken, or whatever. People expect them to be like how they were in their original games. They don't want to play as knock-off versions of them.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Most characters are actually done quite well. Except for the defensive ability of his Cape, most of Mario's abilities stim from either his incredible jumping skills, or from his Plumbfu (in the Mario Bros Anime, we learned that Mario studied Kungfu, and modified a variation of it for himself). Fireballs and the Flood are great aditions to his arsenal.

Much about Mario can also be said of Luigi, with the exception of one thing. Since it's usage, the Poltergeist 3000 has been featured in a small handful of games (I especially liked it being a defensive Powershot in Mario Power Tennis). So why can't Luigi use it to pull people in? It could even replace his grab, or be another "Inhale" attack.

Peach is all about the Hearts. Melee may have made her seem a little weird, but because of her heartsy-ness, she seems well done in Brawl. I feel that Toads could be able to help her out a little more, instead of being a 1 second shield, but otherwise, a nice job on Peach. Floating from SMB2:Subcon is very nastalgic.

Bowser, being the Physical yet overweight brute that he is, seems to feel right as well. My only question is why his Firebreath has such crappy range, when he could torch oneside of a room to the other in his inferno breath. I bet his Morning Breath is terrible. :p

Donkey Kong feels right as well. Not everyone is going to be given moves based on specific games, but his moveset feels like something an ape of his power and statue would do. I also remember him using his Giant Punch on one of the Kremlins in a Cartoon of him, and carrying people away was nastaligic of Cranky Kong stealing away Pauline.

Diddy was done just right. Fast, good multiple hits, banana peels (although Dk seems like he eats more), and the revival of his signature Peanut Popgun and Barrel Jetpack. He was done perfectly.

Yoshi. Not much needs to be said. Eating? Yup. Awesome Aerials due to a Jump that can even Usurp Marios? Yup. Strong Physicals due to ground-pound strength over the years? Yup. Egg attacks? Yup. Sounds good to me.

Wario. I honestly have no clue. Wario's insane off of the membrane. He's arguably more versatile than even Mario is, although I thought that Wario would have a much higher grab-game than he does now.

Link. Except for the fact that he's overweight with items (which never slowed him down in other games), and that there's no annoying person over his shoulder trying to guide him (thank God Navi's long gone), I think he's okay.

Zelda/Shiek. Many argue against them, but Zelda's all about the Magic, and Shiek's basically a Ninja. Not to mention that it wouldn't be imposible for the Royal Family to have made contact with the Great Fairies, giving Zelda her special attacks, and Shiek seems naturally athletic to me. If they had released him for Twilight Princess, I bet you'd have seen more of Shiek's physical prowess then than you currently know of her (Shiek's 1 or the other, and it doesn't mature to me).

Ganondorf. They cloned him only due to time limits, but they had no excuse to fix him. From the magical attacks he's used in the old games, to his trident and sword used all throughout the Zelda universe, they've had many different ways of giving Gannon his own moves. And yet they still give him the pseudo-clone of Captain Falcon? Pathetic and Lazy....

ToonLink. I honestly would have prefered Wolf-Link, but still, Toon-Link is okay. A mini clone of Link who still works differently from him. Not much else can be said.

Samus is another one of those "just right characters". Except for the underemphasis of her MorphBall, as well as her incredible speed, they did her right. Again, with aerials explained by her history of training and being raised by the Chozo Race, and every single weapon based move coming from her arsenal in past games, she's done pretty well. ZeroSuitSamus was no excuse to not make Ridley playable though.... although she is cute, and has a very hawt suit, I also didn't like her voice being so low.... and yet so seductive.... moving on....

I never played Kid-Icarus, but I've researched it a little.. for a game of it's time, Pit was done okay.

And the same thing can be said for Ice-Climbers... a very ancient game... give them credit...

And the same thing can be said for Rob...... although I think he was in more games than the others... still, nice jet-pack attacks. :p

Kirby! Underemphasized his Copy Abilities in his attacks, but otherwise, Kirby seems perfect as well.

Metaknight. I have a problem with Metaknight's current abilities. And no, it's not that they are rigged, because they certainly aren't (atleast not for Lucario and I). My issue is that most of his moves aren't cannon, and they've had several games to base his abilities on. Sakurai, you made Metaknight, and you can do with him whatever you want, but still, the Drill-Dash? Shuttle-Loup was a Kirby attack. -.- Dimensional Cape? He's covered himself and hid with it, but still, you could always tell where he was, so it's not like it's a hiding move or anything.... And Mach Tornado wasn't a spammy attack... if anything, the Tornado should have been his Final Smash, since it actually created Tornado's on the field by spinning his Sword around... He's cool, but you could have made him much more accurate than you did, Sakurai.

Dedede. He feels right as well. High/Vunerable Jump, uber hammer hits, command over Waddle-Dee and Doo and Goro. He's pretty good.

Olimar, I had no expectations over. Even making him playable seemed like a feat all in itself. I hope that you can some how put Louie in, although he'd most likely be a color-change or a clone. ;.;

Fox. People, stop harping about him mainly flying. Fox has always been fast and wily, and the high-speed high-flying physical moves suit his character well.

Falco, thank you for uncloning yourself. You still feel cannon to your person without being radically different. JUST GET A FRIGGING ARWING INSTEAD OF A LANDMASTER FOR YOUR FINAL SMASH!

Wolf, I'm not even talking to you. You have no excuse to use a Land-Master, and talks about you will continue later.

Captian Falcon's Falcon Punch was so popular, it was incorperated into his Anime. If that doesn't show how popular his moves is, I don't know what does. Why change it now?

Pikachu. Except for the funky Volt Tackle Sphere, although it is an improvement over the regular self hurting one, you feel pretty cool too.

Pokemon Trainer. Pure, unadulterated awesomesauce. Although Pokemon shouldn't be weak from staying out over time.... They should just have match ups that are impossible for one to win, but easier for the other, and almost impossible for the other to lose. You crippled this character...

Lucario. My main. Good Close Combat Abilities, coupled with factoring in how he gains power as he draws on the Aura around him, and just being purely epic. Lucario is right with me. That's probably why I like him.

Jigglypuff. Lightweight. Sing, Pound, Rollout, Rest. Nice combos. And a Final Smash that syncs with the character oh-so well (the Pokedex says how these Pokemon would Puff-Up to scare away enemys). Jigglypuff has my seal of approval.

Marth. I don't know enough about fire-emblem to give a statement, honestly. With the next game making Marth be playable, we'll soon see though.

Ike. I heard that he was uber fast, that he couldn't learn some of the moves he knows in Brawl, and that his Aether healed him... he feels the exact opposite in Brawl..... weird...

Ness... I would have never seen the moves coming to life like that, but otherwise, rock on, Earthbound Boy.

Lucas, I wish you couldn't be called a clone, or you'd have seal of approval too. Just get new specials, and you'll be fine.

Game&Watch was done flawlessly. They may have copied his images down perfectly too. But Game&Watch is just like the game and watch games. He was done absolutely perfectly.

I'm glad Snake isn't using guns. It would have been hard to explain to kids why Zelda has bullet-holes in her chest.... They improvied another moveset into him, and it seems to work well. Downthrough and Taunts are also very awesome.

Sonic is dangerously underpowered. Given the abilities he has had in his games, and Sonic would be SSS tier instantly. He's capable of running THROUGH THE AIR! He can PUNCH THROUGH STEEL! As long as he holds 1 ring, he is COMPLETELY INVINCIBLE! There shouldn't be anyone who approaches Sonic's Speed, in any aspect. Infact, I think Sonic should be naturally given Ganondorf's Speed. Anything that punches you while moving at the speed of Sound is going to litterally knock you into next week. Honestly, the Sonic-Boom (nice word-play Irony) from Sonic punching you that fast might literally warp you a couple of days ahead into the future. Sonic is much weaker in Brawl than he's ever been, and it's not really funny how underpowered he is. He's still awesome, but honestly, I bet in a 1v1 fight, Sonic alone could instantly kill Gannon by running into him at his max speed... Atleast Super Sonic was done right, although again, the faster he moves, the more powerful he is. Physics people! Study it! If you do, you'll be able to tell that Sonic is underpowered!

That's my interpreation of the cast. But to recap...

Mario, Peach, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Link, Zelda/Shiek, ToonLink, Samus, Kirby, KingDedede, Fox, Pikachu, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Ness, Game&Watch. All of these were done as close to right as you can do. They are pretty well done.e

Luigi, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Metaknight, Falco, Pokemon Trainer, Lucas, Snake. These were done closely, but could still use some improvement.

Wario, Pit, Iceclimbers, Rob, Olimar, Captain Falcon, Marth. I had no idea how these would be, but I guess they are okay.

Ganondorf, Wolf, Ike, Sonic. These guys weren't done anything the way they should have. Go play their games, Sakurai, and then make these people the right way! -.-

Really?
I think many of the Mario characters were done terribly. Particularly Peach.
She has no healing whatsoever (I understand it would be game-breaking, but this is true to them after all). Game-breaking aside, Psych Bomb, Mute, and Sleepy Time are completely absent. Her hearts are also only used for special effects, which is very disappointing.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
But the Super Mario RPG aspects only comes from one game... Between the other games that she's been in, which give more of an appearance to her floaty, quick, athletic, and aerial based styles, and how long it's been since Super Mario RPG, Peach is respectable for her Popular Culture.

OkamiFrost

Smash Rookie
jigglypuff: out of 493 pokemon....this one was brawl worthy?! pichu is more intimidating than jigglypuff and pichu harms itself with its own moves lol seriously...nothing comes out good with a pokemon that sleeps and sings...

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Don't underestimate a good Jigglypuff. It may not be the most fearsome of Pokemon when it comes to a fighting game, but it's still a viable fighter. I just wish that they could have incorperated a vertical recovery of some kind from it's moves...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Have you played a previous smash installment? Or are you trippin'?
I'm betting on the latter.
The post you quoted and your response doesn't connect very well. That post I said was who was toned down from what they should had done in their games, and Sonic has a lot of moves that he doesn't use in Brawl that was in his games. Also, why are you asking that if I played Melee or SSB64 if Sonic wasn't in it? Maybe you quoted the wrong part of my post.

jigglypuff: out of 493 pokemon....this one was brawl worthy?! pichu is more intimidating than jigglypuff and pichu harms itself with its own moves lol seriously...nothing comes out good with a pokemon that sleeps and sings...
Looking at the anime, Jigglypuff is pretty populer back then, Pichu is in the same catogory as Jigglypuff, (maybe because of the movie special). I think that's why.

Champio30

Smash Cadet
Lucario
Why the hell did they kick out Mewtwo and replace this peice of crap
and I also agree with Jigglypuff, it's Up-B doesn't even put the other person asleep long enough to get a sneak attack on them

.Marik

is a social misfit
Lucario>Mewtwo.

Look at how ****ty Mewtwo was. Look at how good Lucario is.

/discussion.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
When you look at Melee's final tier list, you see Mewtwo over Kirby. The irony about this is that Kirby is a much smaller target than Mewtwo is.

Energy Whip

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff is awesome and brilliant if you know how to use Combos but Ice Climber have been in like 3 Games and now they appear in Brawl and hardly nobody uses them. =3

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Lucario
Why the hell did they kick out Mewtwo and replace this peice of crap
and I also agree with Jigglypuff, it's Up-B doesn't even put the other person asleep long enough to get a sneak attack on them
Lucario is the *new popular Pokemon* if you seen his movie Lucario and the mystery of Mew, you'll see where he got a lot of his moves from and how Lucario got so popular.

And Jigglypuff's Up-B mostly works if you use it on a foe with high percent so you can able to use a quick Smash attack or a Rollout, (I don't trust Rest anymore).

Lucario>Mewtwo.

Look at how ****ty Mewtwo was. Look at how good Lucario is.

/discussion.
True, Lucario is a much better character than Mewtwo when it come's to comparing who plays better in Smash. Mewtwo didn't have very much of a chance with even half of the rouster in Melee.

/faildiscussion

Mewtwo has a better moveset then lucario

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Mewtwo_(SSBM) proof
and his FS would be the same as Lucario's
But Lucario has more useful moveset's than Mewtwo, let's look at B moves:

Shadow Ball vs Aura Spear = Aura Spear wins because the move get's stronger by the Aura Lucario has in him, Shadow Ball can be saved better if you get hit when your using it, but it's not as useful as Aura Spear.

Confusion vs Force Palm = Force Palm wins because it can be use to finish combo's with Lucario and if your close, it can be used as a grab move with good knock back, Confusion just flip's foes and projectiles but not really reflecting them, it's also bad to use Confustion on some characters because they can counter attack you with B-Air and maybe kill you.

Teleport vs Extremespeed = Teleport wins because it can be use to trick your foes, and it's a better recovery move than Extremespeed. Though Extremespeed can be used on the wall and you'll able to stick to the wall and jump over from there, but all and all, Teleport is better.

Disable vs Double Team = Double Team wins because it's a good counter move if you use it well, Disable is awful, the range is terrible and it can be reflected, so it's 2x awful.

Well as you see, when it come down to B move's, Lucario wins most of the better B moves. Moveset's would be too danm long to complete, so that's a sample. And your link is broken BTW.

When you look at Melee's final tier list, you see Mewtwo over Kirby. The irony about this is that Kirby is a much smaller target than Mewtwo is.
Looking at the tourney secne in Melee, how many people try to win with Kirby in Melee than Mewtwo? Looking at the past Melee tier list, Mewtwo was concider worst character in the game, so I guess people had to bring him up to prove that he's not, but sadly, Melee Kirby didn't have to power or range to win most of the match's in Melee.

OkamiFrost

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo was one of the original 151. That's a lot cooler than being one of the original 451 or whatever the hell it is.
you speak the truth my friend....but its really about how well they play rather than where they come from.....if it was really where they come from that would guarantee their spot in brawl...we would have too many 3rd party characters...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Kirby! Underemphasized his Copy Abilities in his attacks, but otherwise, Kirby seems perfect as well.

Actually, I think that's just that Kirby's metagame hasn't quite advanced enough. I've been looking into it, and it looks like on certain characters inhale can cost you a stock at almost any percent (I still need to test it a LOT more though), so I woudn't say it's underemphasized by the game at all, only by the players.

Metaknight. I have a problem with Metaknight's current abilities. And no, it's not that they are rigged, because they certainly aren't (atleast not for Lucario and I). My issue is that most of his moves aren't cannon, and they've had several games to base his abilities on. Sakurai, you made Metaknight, and you can do with him whatever you want, but still, the Drill-Dash? Shuttle-Loup was a Kirby attack. -.- Dimensional Cape? He's covered himself and hid with it, but still, you could always tell where he was, so it's not like it's a hiding move or anything.... And Mach Tornado wasn't a spammy attack... if anything, the Tornado should have been his Final Smash, since it actually created Tornado's on the field by spinning his Sword around... He's cool, but you could have made him much more accurate than you did, Sakurai.

Actually, MK does have Drill Rush in the games. I honestly felt he was realy well represented. The only moves that don't really fit his character are his SL, his jab, and his final smash.

Marth. I don't know enough about fire-emblem to give a statement, honestly. With the next game making Marth be playable, we'll soon see though.

Ike. I heard that he was uber fast, that he couldn't learn some of the moves he knows in Brawl, and that his Aether healed him... he feels the exact opposite in Brawl..... weird...

To be fair, FE characters are hard to implement in games like these since they have so few animations. I believe Marth has 2, maybe 3 attack animations in the whole game he's in, and Ike has about 4-6 in both the games he's in together, not counting his ranged laser sword animation.
Also, Ike could not be made like he is in his game. In his game, he has a sword that shoots lasers, and Aether is a healing move that ignores defense. On top of that, he was incredibly fast as well as being powerful. On top of that, if we were to REALLY make him true to his game, he is literally untouchable by anyone in the cast, since none of them have the gioddess' blessing. and therefore none can hurt him, but that's just being nitpicky.

Oh, and I have absolutely no idea where Eruption came from...

Sonic is dangerously underpowered. Given the abilities he has had in his games, and Sonic would be SSS tier instantly. He's capable of running THROUGH THE AIR! He can PUNCH THROUGH STEEL! As long as he holds 1 ring, he is COMPLETELY INVINCIBLE! There shouldn't be anyone who approaches Sonic's Speed, in any aspect. Infact, I think Sonic should be naturally given Ganondorf's Speed. Anything that punches you while moving at the speed of Sound is going to litterally knock you into next week. Honestly, the Sonic-Boom (nice word-play Irony) from Sonic punching you that fast might literally warp you a couple of days ahead into the future. Sonic is much weaker in Brawl than he's ever been, and it's not really funny how underpowered he is. He's still awesome, but honestly, I bet in a 1v1 fight, Sonic alone could instantly kill Gannon by running into him at his max speed... Atleast Super Sonic was done right, although again, the faster he moves, the more powerful he is. Physics people! Study it! If you do, you'll be able to tell that Sonic is underpowered!

Yeah, and at that speed, if we were to take physics into account, he would also explode on impact. Personally, I think Sonic was done fairly well. He manages to retain the spirit of the old games. I just wish they'd put Knuckles/Tails as alt costumes (easier to see than his alt costumes and more fanservice.).

Comments in red.

Edit:

WHAT?! Lucario's counter is awful! Even if he does somehow manage to get it off, it's ridiculously easy to perfect shield then punish.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Donkey Kong feels right as well. Not everyone is going to be given moves based on specific games, but his moveset feels like something an ape of his power and statue would do. I also remember him using his Giant Punch on one of the Kremlins in a Cartoon of him, and carrying people away was nastaligic of Cranky Kong stealing away Pauline.
Actually pretty much all of DK's specials and unique moves are attested in one game or another, or in the animated series. Cargo Carry, Ground Pound, and the like have been around forever. Giant punch was in the series. DK 64 had Spinning Kong, as well as his fair. I'm pretty sure his FS and the variety of clapping moves all come from the Donkey Konga games. DK is also really quirky and bizarre, which is carried over into Brawl.

Wario. I honestly have no clue. Wario's insane off of the membrane. He's arguably more versatile than even Mario is, although I thought that Wario would have a much higher grab-game than he does now.
Wario doesn't fit so much because his moves are attested. (Wario Land provides no more inspiration than the early Mario games). It's more that he's, as you said, insane off the membrane in the WarioWare games, so it stands the reason he would be in his Brawl incarnation. I agree that he's perfect.

Samus is another one of those "just right characters". Except for the underemphasis of her MorphBall, as well as her incredible speed, they did her right. Again, with aerials explained by her history of training and being raised by the Chozo Race, and every single weapon based move coming from her arsenal in past games, she's done pretty well. ZeroSuitSamus was no excuse to not make Ridley playable though.... although she is cute, and has a very hawt suit, I also didn't like her voice being so low.... and yet so seductive.... moving on....
I don't know how much Metroid you've played, but it can't be much. Samus doesn't even handle like any of the games, a problem that doesn't exist for most members of the cast. And the underemphasis of the Morph Ball is a big deal for a lot of people, as is the fact that she's slow, when her games are tremendously popular for their emphasis on speed runs. Suffice to say, I have yet to meet a proper Metroid fan who thinks Samus was carried out well in the Smash games. The fact that Morph Ball, Space Jump and Speed Boost, all of which are some of her most popular abilities, get the least amount of rep possible really turns a lot of people off.

ZSS was actually done fairly well, though. Her paralyzer is poorly done, but it sticks to the spirit, and her animations all suit that part of Zero Mission. The Plasma Whip isn't canon, but it is so cool, and I think it should influence later games, as well.

Drill Rush and Mach Tornado aren't so bad, and Dimensional Cape makes sense. I agree about Shuttle Loop, though. I also think his dair should be that fast falling maneuver from some game or other. MK was made into a mishmash of flurry attacks when he's not really about that. That's my main issue with him.

Jigglypuff. Lightweight. Sing, Pound, Rollout, Rest. Nice combos. And a Final Smash that syncs with the character oh-so well (the Pokedex says how these Pokemon would Puff-Up to scare away enemys). Jigglypuff has my seal of approval.
I agree with this. I do, however, think Rest should heal something like 15% or something. It always bothered me that Rest served a purpose that had nothing to do with its predecessor.

Sonic actually got wrecked if he barreled into enemies head first without first forming an attack. Sonic is true to his games, in that sense. I could see dash attack being more powerful, but that's really a minor thing, since Sonic's gameplay actually seems fairly accurate overall to me, given that every 2D Sonic game has been primarily about holding right as long as possible, and occasionally jumping. I'm especially happy about the moves that they took out of the Sonic Fighters game. I think that was really classy.

Also, you've been Gannon-Banned

bribri123123

Smash Ace
I agree. Couldnt they of chosen a different pokemon?

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
Which character in all of the Smash Bros games would you say has THE worst representation of what they should be? I'm gonna have to go with Samus above every other character since she is so classic and very important to Nintendo's character line-up.

REALLY? Who designed Samus for these games? Have they even played Metroid?! I want to seriously cry about it... It's not that people can't wreck with her, it's that NONE of Samus' moves are faithfully represented from her games... When does she really use a flame thrower? When do you ever use so many melee attacks in a Metroid game? When does she jump up and use an inverted drill kick? That looks ********! Why can't she use ball form more like she can in her games? When does her charge beam EVER look like it does in Smash Bros? Why are her missles so useless? Why don't we get ice beam or nova beam or ANYTHING FROM HER GAMES? Come to think of it, WHY DOESN'T SHE HAVE HER PED SUIT OR ANY OF HER SUITS FROM HER GAMES!!!!????
they have to make the moves playable for the game

she has

screw attack
charge beam
wall jump
grappling beam (which is used to grapple in metroid prime 3)
missile
super missile
varia suit
gravity suit
fusion suit

be thankful for what you've got :)

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Why am I ganon banned? I like having the second some times. :p

I should have explained myself better. On several points, I probably worded myself wrong. Dk's had a lot of different inputs into his games, and some of the things I've never seen him do (heatbutt, groundslap) still seem acceptable for the lumbering ape.

I wasn't talking about his B button moves... I was talking about his A attacks. I'm sure they could have appealed to all of the long time Kirby Fan Boys by making it so that his A attacks used the Copy ablities from his games. That shouldn't be too much to ask... Replacing the Fireball Dash with the Yoyo Dash (Kirby fans who remember Gim know what I'm refering to) was okay, but still, I want to see Kirby mixing it up with his Copy Moves!

I know that he has Drill Rush (I thinky I only remember it from his Kirby's Air Ride game), but still, they made him into a comboing freak... Metaknight, if anything, seems like he'd be a lightweight power house... but now, people break him down to "What move can I spam to win, or what combo can I use to annoy the world?" -.- Come on.. He's frigging Metaknight! Make him the respectable uber Knight that he is!

I know the Fire-Emblem series tend to make the person invincible at max power, but move-wise, it seems that they could have done a little better job trying to keep him cannon.... I'm not expecting him to be the top of his exp lord status on everyone, but still, Aether letting him heal himself while hitting an enemy (somewhat like a counter move) wouldn't be too bad., and neither would his projectile..... Actually, I have to admit I like how Ike plays, but he doesn't seem the way that he is portrayed in his games. But to rectify that, WE NEED MORE FIRE-EMBLEM, NINTENDO! YOU HEAR ME! MORE FIRE-EMBLEM!

I have played every single Metroid Game that could be relaesed, from the SNES to the DS Games and Prime 3. I may not have emphasized how much the MorphBall and Speed have been poorly done, but her great aerial attacks, along with a semi-acceptable assault force, she's done pretty well... And I'm not complaining about ZeroSuitSamus at all.... except that she makes me think about this girl I used to know who moved away, who was really cute and really nice.... <3 <3 <3 ..... but enough about that....

They should have made it so that Jigglypuff could heal herself while she rested... the weird, hard to hit attack doesn't fit right, especially since they made it even harder to hit....

I miss quoted something about Sonic. I did not mean Ganondorf's speed (which is terrible), but I ment his Power... and the fact that he's capable of kicking and punching through Eggman's steel robots, that doesn't seem too strange a request... I probably explained myself a little bit less than I ment to, especially since I slept a little about my thoughts... But still, even if you don't want to give him the raw power that he's demonstrated being able to use in the games (which I guess if he had both power and speed, he'd be rigged), there is absolutlely no reason to not make him the speed demon he is. He actually could be made into a combo character, since he's been seen being able to kill around 50 different enemys in almost under a second, and that he can string his homing attacks with no problem. He does need to be balanced (or else he'd probably be the only person who could stop Ike at his ful power), but still, he shouldn't ever be lacking in the speed department. I never said he had to be able to kill people just by running past them, but still, he's been able to break rows of adversaries just by rolling through them...

Sorry about some of the clarity issues on my comments. Anyone else have anything they thing I said that sounds wiggity-wiggity-wack?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
they have to make the moves playable for the game

she has

screw attack
charge beam
wall jump
grappling beam (which is used to grapple in metroid prime 3)
missile
super missile
varia suit
gravity suit
fusion suit

be thankful for what you've got :)
I wish you could missile cancel like in Metriod Prime 1, that was SICK

ps i love ganon

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Why am I ganon banned? I like having the second some times. :p

I wasn't talking about his B button moves... I was talking about his A attacks. I'm sure they could have appealed to all of the long time Kirby Fan Boys by making it so that his A attacks used the Copy ablities from his games. That shouldn't be too much to ask... Replacing the Fireball Dash with the Yoyo Dash (Kirby fans who remember Gim know what I'm refering to) was okay, but still, I want to see Kirby mixing it up with his Copy Moves!

I know that he has Drill Rush (I thinky I only remember it from his Kirby's Air Ride game), but still, they made him into a comboing freak... Metaknight, if anything, seems like he'd be a lightweight power house... but now, people break him down to "What move can I spam to win, or what combo can I use to annoy the world?" -.- Come on.. He's frigging Metaknight! Make him the respectable uber Knight that he is!

I know the Fire-Emblem series tend to make the person invincible at max power, but move-wise, it seems that they could have done a little better job trying to keep him cannon.... I'm not expecting him to be the top of his exp lord status on everyone, but still, Aether letting him heal himself while hitting an enemy (somewhat like a counter move) wouldn't be too bad., and neither would his projectile..... Actually, I have to admit I like how Ike plays, but he doesn't seem the way that he is portrayed in his games. But to rectify that, WE NEED MORE FIRE-EMBLEM, NINTENDO! YOU HEAR ME! MORE FIRE-EMBLEM!

I have played every single Metroid Game that could be relaesed, from the SNES to the DS Games and Prime 3. I may not have emphasized how much the MorphBall and Speed have been poorly done, but her great aerial attacks, along with a semi-acceptable assault force, she's done pretty well... And I'm not complaining about ZeroSuitSamus at all.... except that she makes me think about this girl I used to know who moved away, who was really cute and really nice.... <3 <3 <3 ..... but enough about that....

They should have made it so that Jigglypuff could heal herself while she rested... the weird, hard to hit attack doesn't fit right, especially since they made it even harder to hit....

I miss quoted something about Sonic. I did not mean Ganondorf's speed (which is terrible), but I ment his Power... and the fact that he's capable of kicking and punching through Eggman's steel robots, that doesn't seem too strange a request... I probably explained myself a little bit less than I ment to, especially since I slept a little about my thoughts... But still, even if you don't want to give him the raw power that he's demonstrated being able to use in the games (which I guess if he had both power and speed, he'd be rigged), there is absolutlely no reason to not make him the speed demon he is. He actually could be made into a combo character, since he's been seen being able to kill around 50 different enemys in almost under a second, and that he can string his homing attacks with no problem. He does need to be balanced (or else he'd probably be the only person who could stop Ike at his ful power), but still, he shouldn't ever be lacking in the speed department. I never said he had to be able to kill people just by running past them, but still, he's been able to break rows of adversaries just by rolling through them...

Sorry about some of the clarity issues on my comments. Anyone else have anything they thing I said that sounds wiggity-wiggity-wack?
Actually, I misunderstood what you meant. Almost all of Kirby's moves come from copy abilities though.
-Jab/Bthrow: Fighter
-Dthrow/Fthrow: Suplex
-Uthrow: Ninja
-UpB: Cutter obviously
-Hammer: Duh...
-Stone: Self-explanatory.
-DA: Yoyo

Granted, they could have put more, but this really isn't bad.

MK had drill rush in Kirby Super Star as well. He was also a speedy combo slasher (well, he had the animations/attacks for it, but the AI was ********). He actually works almost exactly like the KSS MK, other than the Shuttle loop and a couple attacks (and he doesn't have the same infinite jab... if they'd given him the jab-ish thing he uses in KSS, his jab would be good.).

Yeah, more FE would be nice. Honestly though, I still say Ike is about as close to his game as he can be without shooting lasers (which he should do rather than eruption. I don't care if the lasers suck, it would make more sense.). If Aether healed, it would be broken. If it worked like a heal/counter, then it wouldn't be true to the game. Also, the main problem with FE characters is, as I said before, they have a lack of combat animations, meaning most of their stuff has to be built from the ground up based on what they *might* have been able to do.

Jiggly is kind of weird... She, much like Lucario, were kind of odd choices anyway, but yeah, Rest isn't true to the games at all, despite being neat. There's a reason they did this though. Imaine it healed.
Team match: Jiggly's at 100%. Teammate approaches Jiggly. Jiggly rests, recovers say, 20%, gets jabbed awake for 3%, repeat.

Also, lulz at that picture.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Team match: Jiggly's at 100%. Teammate approaches Jiggly. Jiggly rests, recovers say, 20%, gets jabbed awake for 3%, repeat.

Also, lulz at that picture.
Jigglypuff could heal as she is sleeping, meaning in order to restore the full 20%, she has to sleep the entire time.

Top Bottom