• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
I dont know why this is my first time seeing this.. Amazing job guys. this takes alot of work but is so so so very helpful!! I'm really hoping to have some videos up for critique, from this upcoming tournament on jan 8th!

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
hmmm wofl is sorta "the wolf board thing" and makes us look dyslexic, which is awesome.

but waffle house is so FUBAR from "wolf house" that its hilarious as well

-Ghost-

Smash Apprentice
Im not that good to critique but anyways, the only thing i could clrearly see is..... space your bairs :o, do that and ull destroy mario XD
My bairs might have gotten a bit sloppy because I fail at reading my opponent sometimes. So I have a bad habbit of acting too quickly. Thanks though, that was one of the things I noticed myself.

Windkai is a pretty pro Mario by the way

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
haha nice! you should put it in the op.
that reminds me Espy. I hadnt seen your wolf yet and this was the first video i watched

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1huhcgD8DE

At first I was like very nice looks really good. Then.. at 1:22 I fell out of my chair. that was sexy! I've never seen a wolf used that way. Great stuff bro!

-Ghost-

Smash Apprentice

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Got moar vids dudes. These were a little better. I think Mario just may be a tough matchup for me. But I dont always play well on wifi anyway. Here's the vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4mWp_f54dI --- Olimar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMcZ_Wn8f1o --- Toon Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQY0nUSwLvE --- Wario

Critique if you will. The guy I played wasnt all that great but I could still use some advice. Made a few fk ups.
I tried watching your videos but I got motion sickness due to the recording method. You had some sick Dairs in that Olimar match.

-Ghost-

Smash Apprentice
I tried watching your videos but I got motion sickness due to the recording method. You had some sick Dairs in that Olimar match.
Haha... thanks man. I love Wolf's dair because of it's insane hit box. Had a feeling the quality would be an issue though. Guess I gotta get an SD card.

D-Rock1000

Smash Cadet
I was waiting for a while to get videos worthy of critique, but I should have posted about the other videos awhile back, too. Anyway, I have two videos that I'd like to get critiqued:

The first one is a Wolf ditto vs. Ishieymoro from a friendly at Hall of Gaming #2 in CT. He beat me solidly in several of them, and won a large percentage of the matches. Still, I was able to get some pretty close matches, and I think this one is where I played my best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX63067vmtc

This one is a tourney set when I played Ling Ling (who ended up beating Bizkit twice, Pelca and Bloodcross later that tournament). Game 1 is the first game I've ever won against a player that had recently been PR'ed, so on Game 3, last stock, my nerves got the best of me (Wolf match begins at 4:00, but if anyone wants to critique Match 1 too, go ahead).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtEnWoh2JUc

Thanks to anyone who gives a critique!

castorpollux

Smash Champion
I was waiting for a while to get videos worthy of critique, but I should have posted about the other videos awhile back, too. Anyway, I have two videos that I'd like to get critiqued:

The first one is a Wolf ditto vs. Ishieymoro from a friendly at Hall of Gaming #2 in CT. He beat me solidly in several of them, and won a large percentage of the matches. Still, I was able to get some pretty close matches, and I think this one is where I played my best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX63067vmtc

This one is a tourney set when I played Ling Ling (who ended up beating Bizkit twice, Pelca and Bloodcross later that tournament). Game 1 is the first game I've ever won against a player that had recently been PR'ed, so on Game 3, last stock, my nerves got the best of me (Wolf match begins at 4:00, but if anyone wants to critique Match 1 too, go ahead).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtEnWoh2JUc

Thanks to anyone who gives a critique!

wth, why didn't you ask to play with me. ya jerk!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm sorry again for the lack of an update! :(((((

My thumb's pretty much recovered my now, so now I can type again. I'll try having this updated before next Tuesday.

Also got videos versus Kirby with Wolf. That match up is so annoying. :<

Choice

Smash Champion
This lack of update is unacceptable! You owe us all 5 wofl dollars or a sandwich from subway.

D-Rock1000

Smash Cadet
If someone could please critique my Wolf some, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

D-Rock... your falco needs to recover more to the stage lip and less predictably on the stage.
Yeah, I didn't realize how much I wasn't recovering onto the stage. That's pretty much all I've heard, and I think it finally got through to me, lol.

Now, when you say less predictability, can you be more specific? Like, are there certain moves I'm not doing enough? Did you see me repeating something in the same situation? Really, anything more you can give me would be great. Thanks.

Also got videos versus Kirby with Wolf. That match up is so annoying. :<
Really? I love that mu. In fact, Wolf is often one of my top choices against a Kirby. What is it about the mu that bothers you?

Laem

Smash Champion
kirbys grab range is stupid
and dtilt always makes me trip n then i eat an fsmash

:(

its an evenish mu anyway tho

Choice

Smash Champion
I'll critique this later, seriously i will. This mu is one of my favorites.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i loved your use of canceled flashes, those are pretty boss, one thing i saw was that you'd jab and the first 2 hits of jab would hit the D3's shield and you'd still go for the 3rd jab and get grabbed for it. When jab hits a shield you should stop and run away i think, fsmash should be used even more liberally in the D3 MU as well from what I've seen, the risk doesn't really outweigh the reward for landing one.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
sdlnvflekuvnke okay screw this, I'm staying up tonight and finishing all those critiques I said I would finish like... a week ago... man I suck at doing things on time :urg:

:059:

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Ok now i believe DDD is just for scrubs, the only thing that guy did was chaingrab -_-

WTF did u do at 2:33??? on the first video lol that was amazing XD

I would run away more in that matchup and shoot more lazers but ure good, just u get grabbed too much T.T, and dacus is kinda risky for getting graped

JCav

Smash Lord
I saw a lot of things I liked in your Wolf. I liked how you used pretty much every move. Your Wolf is fast and fun to watch. Getting not grabbed is hard.

Kudemo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2621-3102-0316
@ Choice : oh thanks, i wait that :p

@ Goldenadept : thank you man, you're right i need to do less fsmash and more grab !

@ Zync : yes Skelerex do a lot of chaingrab :/ and i don't see what is amazing from me in the first video :O

@ JCav : Thanks.

@ Seagull : it's from Fairy Tail and the music is Kurogane : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygPl69PA_rk

Laem

Smash Champion
Kudemo's Wolf is way better than mine -.-

:059:
this was well known now wasnt it :D

kudemo

TEACH US FSMASH CANCEL :O :O :O :O (2:35 first match)

and hey i didnt know skel was EU
EU d3 mains is now a grand total of 4.

btw about jabbing on shield
if you're REALLY close like not spaced at all, you're better off finishing it. You'll end up behind him, making his shieldgrab miss(still punishable once he gets it tho obv). Otherwise ending it after the first is best. It IS possible for them to grab in between hits if you hold A, but it doesn't happen too often.

Choice

Smash Champion
@Kudemo
Hmm ok theres quite a few things you could be doing better vs d3.

1. When you want to edge hog, dont run off and side b. It gives you landing penalty which if you dont recognize the term i can explain that one too. You also want to calm down a bit when you're edge guarding, you're moving around a whole lot, but a lot of it is kinda unnecessary and sometimes gets you outside of a good position, giving d3 an easy time back. If d3 is at the ledge, i think the best place to be is really close to it so you can punish his getup attack with grab or usmash or somethin.

2. whenever you go for something risky, make sure there isnt much of the stage behind you. This d3 player didnt really capitalize on this, but essentially the more stage behind you, the longer the cg's (more % you take). Like sometimes he only did 1 dthrow and then a bthrow, when he could have done 2 or 3.

3. you should grab d3 a whole lot more, and i'm not saying to go upto him and try to grab, but after you cross over or have any opportunity where you can get a grab and he cannot, you should go for it. it allows you to get him into the air and then punish his landings, which leads me into the next thing to work on.

4. punish d3's landing better, especially landing with inhale. you wanna stand right under him, so he has a hard time deciding which way to inhale or if he wants to bair. both of these lose to shield->reaction though.

if d3 goes for bair, you can usmash oos to punish or dsmash, etc. if he inhales you can roll to the other side of him (assuming he's not at the edge, in which case inhale will push you offstage).

Another thing i wanted to note about inhale, is that if its from afar, you can punish it with laser, bair his head or grab (from the front, yes) but grab has kinda tricky timing (you have to grab while being sucked into him. essentially grab just has higher priority or somethin). You can also just jump over him and do anything. If d3 does it really close, just shine or jumpshine-> some other punish.Shield also stops the suction of inhale allowing you to retreat w/roll if you desire for some reason.

I could add some more tips for fighting d3, but i think for now all this should help you a lot, and i dont think its a good idea to try to implement a dozen things all at once.

Laem

Smash Champion
oh
didn't notice the dedede's action because
FSMASH CANCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL :O:O:OD:D:D:D:

Top Bottom