• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yeah... someone really does need to take control of this thread. But it's not going to be me, because I'm way too busy as it is :/ Any volunteers?

Anyways, onto more important stuff... I have some videos up from the tournament yesterday, I already reviewed them and noted a lot of my mistakes but I'm too lazy to write them out here right now but I'll probably do that later when responding to any critiques.

Obviously, critique would be very much appreciated. I still suck vs Falco lol, and was getting worse as the day went on, but enough johns :p

DOUBLES:
Me + Keitaro vs Bizkit and Bloodcross: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe2VArYFChw&feature=channel_video_title
Me + Keitaro vs Dabuz and Nairo (after losing to them in winners lol, Dabuz is too good): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJrHb_68CzQ&feature=channel_video_title

EXHIBITION:
Me vs Ally (I mess up a lot and get pooped on just a bit harder than I should've been lol): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FppIAYTLlDQ&feature=channel_video_title

SINGLES:
Me vs Bloodcross: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epXsfhn_M0k&feature=channel_video_title

:059:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
All I got saved from HOBO 33 yesterday (onto my SD card, at least) was my MM against Zero.

Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk8DVUA_xZ0

1:14 I start a jab and he starts an Fsmash so I know the only way to avoid it is to keep jabbing.

1:19 I'm not sure why I threw out that Fsmash. I guess I for some reason overestimated its range.

1:35 I miss the first Dsmash so I try again hoping it will hit, which is a bad habbit that I need to get out of because the 2nd one rarely ever hits.

2:00 I try 2 Dsmashes again which miss and then I realize that I need to stop trying too hard or I'll never get it, so I decide to not try to rush the kill.

2:24 That double Dsmash yet again. Something I'm trying so hard to break the habit of.

2:49 I really didn't expect that, and then I ended up buffering a Fair while falling for some reason and should have died from it if it wasn't for him tripping.

3:12 I'm trying to learn to use falling Uairs like this a bit more since they seem to be handy.

3:23 That laser was completely pointless. I am taking note.

3:55 I know that chasing him off-stage won't exactly work like it would against Marth, but I try it anyways and fail. It would have been better if I waited on stage to try to punish where he would choose to recover rather than putting myself in a bad position also.

4:24 I tried a platform cancel mindgame. Doesn't look like it really helped.

5:48 I was in the middle of jabs and tried what I did early on in the match, hoping my last jab would hit him before I got hit but he was too far away. I think that Fsmash was unavoidable.

6:45 I was able to DI out of the Fair but it left me hovering there for a second... weird. Is that normal and is there a way I can take advantage of it?

Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWdR5or1zKA

1:17 I'm not sure why I charged an Fsmash

1:29 dat Bair OoS. Better than Nair OoS like I used to do.

2:21 Horrible. I had a bad habbit that weekend of rolling behind people if I ended up at the edge in my shield, and every time I knew I shouldn't.

3:10 That Fsmash was simply to make sure I didn't get hit, since it was the quickest way I could think of to get out of the way, though I guess Shine may have been a better option.

4:22 I noticed that I was being a bit too predictable with my landings, so I decided to try mixing it up.

4:47 I was hoping to hit him with an areal, but realized after I got up there I wasn't able to decide if I should do an Uair or Bair and I didn't expect either to hit, so somewhere in my head it translated that to "do a nair"

5:08 I'm not completely sure what I was thinking.

This was my first time ever watching back a video of my wolf step by step to see what I'm doing and what I should/n't do.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
GAH ISH WORK ON UR SHINe SPIKES!

also... I hear chinese girls like guys who know how to chinese DI ;-)

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
But of course. At both.

lololololololol Wolf is bad, we lose 7:3 to Falco because I have no patience and sideB 20 feet above the stage for no reason at CG % :troll:
Also I'm pretty bad at not doing stupid things

But really, Falco would be even imo if I wasn't so worried about him getting the % lead and letting me sit on the platform for the rest of the match without trying to get me past 20whatever %. SO MUCH PRESSURE TO NOT GET GRABBED OR TIMED OUT, I CAN'T TAKE IT @_@

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
So long as I don't have to do anything other than ADD videos to the front page and change thread titles, I would take this thread over.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
So long as I don't have to do anything other than ADD videos to the front page and change thread titles, I would take this thread over.
Totally forgot you posted this >_>

Well, you'd have to do a bit of organizing and whatnot. Like, it'd be nice to have videos grouped somehow (by character or player) and dates next to the videos so that old ones can be archived, but if you want assistance with those things I can help edit them with mod powers.

Would you like the thread?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
All of that is easy. I think this would be a decent chance for me to subconsciously get better at brawl by watching a ton of videos because I don't ever actually play it (as covered on the social board), and I'm focusing on :sheikmelee: currently since that's all the NE scene is and I can't play wifi.

Yeah I'll take it.

Actually, I'm playing brawl in like an hour, lol.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Whooooooooooooooo! I'll get on that right away then ;D

Expect me to post a BUNCH of videos that weren't already put in the OP lol. Kain and Kudemo both have a ton of videos that aren't posted. If you're feeling overzealous, you could search for them yourself :3

EDIT: My cheap tactics of transferring thread ownership aren't going to work this time around lol. Could you start a new thread?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Aren't you supposed to be uncrowned Jesus?

Yeah I'll try and get that taken care of tomorrow night or something.

I'm now taking suggesetions for themes and other things that I may not be thining of.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
lol you know all too well I see xD nah but really, having a functional video thread is a good thing so if you can ever get one up it'd be appreciated ;D

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
[At the SOL-9000...]

Gazel Red 1:Worthless...

Gazel Red 3:Trash...

Gazel Blue 2:Reject...

Gazel Red 2:Why even bother existing...?

Gazel Red 4:Defect...

Gazel Blue 4:Be gone...

Gazel Blue 3:We have no use for you...

Gazel Blue 1:Hah! Trash is of more worth to us than you...

[The SOL-9000 turns off.]

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
When will this thread be in Robbie's hands? If it's being updated more often I'll post some new videos. In fact, I might get some replays today.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I'd post them up anyways, I still do my best to check out all non-wifi videos posted here. No idea when the new thread will be made though :x

Btw, Kain and Seagull both have a bunch of recent matches uploaded on YT, for anyone who wants to check them out.

:phone:

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I recorded a few matches and this one is the only one I did fairly decent in...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFhVs1x2HMA D_M (Wolf) vs. Cheerio (CF) Round #1 (?)
I'm not very good lol so if anyone has some advice that'd be cool.
And if you can't tell from the awkward misses and shooting the wrong way this is indeed wi-fi.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
This might sound ridiculous but you should use more Fsmash hahaha. Falcon idk is just... bad, as a character, I remember someone on these boards telling me you could beat zelda/falcon/link just by Bairing the entire match and not doing anything else. You should move faster and add pressure, but its wifi, is hard to do anything there :/

AscWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AscWolf
So BDE2 was this weekend.
placed 7 on Mid Tiers (25 entrants) but didn´t save a sigle replay <.<
Lost in Wolf ditos >.<

In Singles I placed 13. (32 entrants) only bracket matches were saved.
Lost in Bracket to Light :sheikbrawl: :falcobrawl:, match isn´t uploaded yet.

In Loser Bracket to Desti.

round 1 vs :snakebrawl: http://youtu.be/iwYOvcDrpmw
round 2 vs :luigibrawl: http://youtu.be/TOCZ7XgGn6E
round 3 vs :metaknightbrawl: http://youtu.be/82SWtxlaU_c

Crew Battle North Rhine-Westphalia vs. the leftover

I started against dueler x :gwbrawl:
I won and lost 2 stocks, Match isn´t uploaded yet.

Give Critique and that **** :p

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
This might sound ridiculous but you should use more Fsmash hahaha. Falcon idk is just... bad, as a character, I remember someone on these boards telling me you could beat zelda/falcon/link just by Bairing the entire match and not doing anything else. You should move faster and add pressure, but its wifi, is hard to do anything there :/
You can beat Zelda by bairing the entire match. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6FauJGLSDs

This thread seems kinda dead so I doubt I'll get any help, but some (harsh) general pointers would be nice.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I made it about 17 seconds in. What are you doing, why aren't you shooting blasters from a platform?

Next time I get a chance to play ice climbers on battlefield I'll make a video of how to be the gayest player ever, ever, and out gay ic's without even trying to time them out. Works on battlefield and YI basically.

Also, especially against characters with CG, don't F-smash so much.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
I'm no expert, but your Wolf looks pretty good, Kudemo. Very nice application of his profound glitches and range. Too bad that Marth didn't put up much of a fight. Do you play wifi?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I think I'm going to die from laughing so much at this video and I'm not even a minute and a half into it yet. Just... so much lulzy stuff in it. The first stock, that tag, that 2nd stock, your first stock, etc.

Edit: And now luigi's last stock with that fully charged Dsmash. So good lol.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Wolf is such a troll character lol, I bet that luigi player was mad on the first set hahaha

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Ledgecancel -> Bair is a faster method to switch ledges than Fair on SV.

just sayin

it also gives you more options & is overall safer

Top Bottom