• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Rob's right. If I had more time, I'd go to more tourneys....but honestly I don't haha.

Still, being a girl in any video game community is going to feel a little strange but it shouldn't DM. It brings more to the scene and everyone likes that.

Just try your best and enjoy.

:phone:

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmDYx3bsasE this against a Falco in Amateur Brackets which is something the Alabama Smash League is trying after pools. (Which people who don't get out of pools can have their own little bracket for a small winner take all pot, which was a roaring success).
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14158819 (tournament results thread)

What could I do against a Falco besides doing air games till I get the 40% where he can't CG me?
Also I got some others as soon as they are uploaded

-Shiro-

Smash Journeyman
What could I do against a Falco besides doing air games till I get the 40% where he can't CG me?
Also I got some others as soon as they are uploaded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEcgp6Y4-7g&feature=g-user-u

Thats what I do really I just take the damage if the falco doesn't know what he is doing he will play agro and if he does he won't approach once you get to like 35~ you can come out of your tent and attack this is when the mu becomes even

:shiro:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Nice work beating that Falco. Is the grab release Fsmash guaranteed? Does Wolf have other grab releases?

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Some new stuff, good way to kill 10 minutes if you're bored imo.

vs :marth:
vs :wario:
vs :popo:

Did some smash at a friends place the other day and we had a 3-man Tourney, so we could enforce all the seriousness of regular bracket along with that care-free mentality of friendlies. Hence the Picto game 1, lool. Last two games are pretty hype.

Matches pretty much speak for themselves, 5:33 against :wario: was supposed to be a ledge steal, and Game 3 my second stock was forfeit due to hitting pause after I air released.

Have fun.

:wolf:

Rizen

Smash Legend

Dcold

Smash Lord
Recorded it but it came out really bad, as in it would speed up randomly and audio would be off, gonna find a new recording software and re-record them. Gonna be a little late ;0

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
It's all good haha, no rush :) trust me, it'll be up sooner than I'd ever get anything up xD

@ Rizen: I can't accurately judge wifi for crap, the lag throws me off a lot and almost everything ends up looking like it would be a bad decision offline :x but from your match vs Snake, punish ftilt with fsmash and don't run > spotdodge as an approach because it'll usually get you screwed by Snake's standard anti-approach tools (jab, ftilt).

:059:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Awesome, thanks :D Definitely looking forward to some more matches in the future, your Sheik is legit :)

Video time!

My Jigglypuff doing Jigglypuff things

Ish (:wolfbrawl:) vs Dcold (:sheikbrawl:) in tournament and in friendlies. I need to learn how to camp properly when I'm ahead and not tunnel for the kill when I'm down a stock X_x

I might have my set vs Chibo uploaded later too. I play... very oddly in tournament lol... btw JJ, nair > dsmash isn't completely free on ROB, you lied :(

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Double post for critique:

[collapse=SinisterB]Damn straight you know I like kpop (kindasortanotreally, but gee). Anyways lol, pretty good as usual, I really like your Wolf :D

If Marth uses DB3 on your shield, usmash/fair/bair OoS for the punish. Try to keep an eye on your RCO lag btw, when you have the time it never hurts to get rid of it. Nothing much to say vs Wario, and against ICs just never use fsmash X_x overall it seems like you know your way around these MUs pretty well though :)[/collapse]

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I mean, you told me to spam it so I spammed it
because I suck at taking tournament matches seriously and suck even more when I try
, and it only worked the first time lol. If I was a bit less obvious with it, it might've worked better, but eh.

Regardless, I have been using it a lot more. Works well on taller characters, since it's easier to shieldpoke them at the top and whatnot.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
I mean, you told me to spam it so I spammed it
because I suck at taking tournament matches seriously and suck even more when I try
, and it only worked the first time lol. If I was a bit less obvious with it, it might've worked better, but eh.

Regardless, I have been using it a lot more. Works well on taller characters, since it's easier to shieldpoke them at the top and whatnot.

what happened in the 2nd time? were you precise with it? or did you misspace it?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I spaced it perfectly fine, he just shielded and punished if memory serves. Or hit me out of it, or something else equally trivial lol

AscWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AscWolf

Laem

Smash Champion
O boy istudying started uploading stuff. Can't wait for some quality videos of me getting destroyed by his diddy

Ascwolf:
vs Tay: Can't say much, i think tay 2 stocked me as well XD. At one point you dthrew him towards the centre: dont do that, always throw offstage or simply up vs snake. Shining nades is not bad, but be careful when hitting something/one as well: as you can see the invincibility won't last and you'll blow up.
Seagull would say bair wall more vs snake. I guess that's true. Other than that, obvious stuff like don't get hit by c4 and **** (but every1 knows this). snake is a *****, solid -2 MU imo.

vs Chair: I'll teach you rule #1 vs wario: don't let him take control. He wants to dance around you; dont let him. I like wolf's fair in the MU: wall him with it. Works better than bair: as you can see chair just pokes at you with own fair if you try stuff. Wolfs fair beats that and keeps wario away. Btw when he dthrows you at the edge, jump bair is a veeery attractive option, but i believe if wario does it right he can jab you out of it (chair tried but didnt turn around) and then you fall below the edge without a jump....after which you either dont make it back on stage cuz wolf sucks like that, or you angle it sweetly and he gets a free fart :D... :( I liked your uptilt kills, quite a nice way too finish wario off.

-Shiro-

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, thanks :D Definitely looking forward to some more matches in the future, your Sheik is legit :)

Video time!

My Jigglypuff doing Jigglypuff things

Ish (:wolfbrawl:) vs Dcold (:sheikbrawl:) in tournament and in friendlies. I need to learn how to camp properly when I'm ahead and not tunnel for the kill when I'm down a stock X_x

I might have my set vs Chibo uploaded later too. I play... very oddly in tournament lol... btw JJ, nair > dsmash isn't completely free on ROB, you lied :(

you are fsmasing waaaaaaaay too much

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yeah, I've noticed I do that a lot, partly from an old bair > fsmash autopilot habit and partly from trying to buffering my aerials too early :/

AscWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AscWolf
This Weekend was Smash@Slay4 in Germay (24 Entrants) and i placed 3rd =D
But i realized that I really suck hard against Snake.
I lost 2 times to Akuma >.<

So here are the Videos

Semi Winner Final vs. Akuma :snakebrawl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6IbNoujN80&feature=player_detailpage

Semi Loser vs. Tsunayoshi :snakebrawl: :olimarbrawl: :toonlinkbrawl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lVwt--9n4oc

Loser Final vs. Akuma :snakebrawl: :wolfbrawl: http://youtu.be/ec9l6hCDEcQ

In quater Losers, i won against Cadets mk, but i didn´t really wanted to record it cause its just meta knight.

So please, I really need help for Snake >.<

castorpollux

Smash Champion
I watched this match: http://youtu.be/ec9l6hCDEcQ and basically you missed a TON of punishes while the snake player hardly missed any. If you didn't miss those punishes, then you would have easily beaten that snake player

I'm only going to do this for game one since I have to go soon:

:40 dsmash 14%
:47 usmash OOS 18%
1:48 fsmash 15%
2:10 fsmash 15%
2:23 fsmash 15%
2:32 bair OOS 13%
2:35 AAA 9%
3:15 fsmash 15%
Total: 114%

So basically you missed out on a 114% worth in punishment to that snake.

Just something to think about

Edit:

LOL @ 10:30

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Good job picking a song that ends with the game. I'll leave the critiques for more experienced Wolfs.
...except for: nice spike and don't land on an opponent who's charging a Usmash lol.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
[collapse=Tekkie]
against isaccard (switched from pika to gnw for game 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5OdYtzlQiw

against dekar (diddy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyk9jRicEy0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYXqwm3KRy4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikHTRgfWq5A

there are a few more on dekar's channel but its just me playing more like *** and it sucks
Only going to go over these games because I'm lazy :p

Vs Isaccard, you go for dsmash as a punish a lot, why? It's not a bad punish, but it'll just be stale for when you need it to kill (especially with the billions of hittable things on Brinstar :x). Jab has almost equal range, is faster, and is safer. Idk, just something I noticed you did a lot. Also, learn how to shark/scrooge on Brinstar, it comes in handy :p

Vs Dekar, I already talked to you a tiny bit about this iirc. First vid, around 3:15, DO NOT use your double jump when you can make it back to the stage with just sideB. Ever. Around 4 in the second video, why'd you throw the banana back down right next to the ledge? That's basically handing it back to Diddy and improving his options from the ledge :x You also never try reflecting bananas, it's really not bad at all since a lot of the time Diddy players have it in their mind to throw a banana to catch your landing; only problem is that a banana thrown at your feet can still make you trip X_x[/collapse]

[collapse=AscWolf]
This Weekend was Smash@Slay4 in Germay (24 Entrants) and i placed 3rd =D
But i realized that I really suck hard against Snake.
I lost 2 times to Akuma >.<

So here are the Videos

Semi Winner Final vs. Akuma :snakebrawl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6IbNoujN80&feature=player_detailpage

Semi Loser vs. Tsunayoshi :snakebrawl: :olimarbrawl: :toonlinkbrawl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lVwt--9n4oc

Loser Final vs. Akuma :snakebrawl: :wolfbrawl: http://youtu.be/ec9l6hCDEcQ

In quater Losers, i won against Cadets mk, but i didn´t really wanted to record it cause its just meta knight.

With Snake, I've found that it helps a LOT to camp properly, which I kinda took from you haha. Blow up his grenades with shine, reflect uncooked grenades, don't blaster into grenades but use it when he's pulling grenades, blaster when you're out of dash > PS > ftilt range (because honestly that ruins everything X_x). The hilt can stop Snake if he's trying to approach with dash attack or DACUS sometimes. Idk, I do this against a friend of mine and it really annoys him haha, which is all you need really. Approaching Snake is a lot harder and riskier than camping him imo, since there's a lot more room for error when approaching (misspaced bair = ftilt or dthrow or something else that sucks).

If you do approach, make sure you keep your distance; it's more about dancing outside of Snake's range until he does something stupid than it is about actually hitting him imo. Bair wall is good, blaster on the way down from a FH if you're crossing up is good as well. When you're around kill %s (100ish) Snake will really be looking for that utilt, but if you're dancing around him properly he'll have a tough time landing the strong hit, which means he'll just stale his primary kill move and you'll be able to stick around a bit longer (utilt is a lot weaker when 1x stale)

Snake is relatively easy to trap at the ledge, I usually just prefer to wait and fsmash whatever he chooses to do. Also, what JJ said for sure, against a character as heavy as Snake it's imperative that you pull off every single punish. Don't challenge nair that much, the hitbox is huge and if you're not sure you'll be able to bair it try to punish the landing instead (Akuma wasn't autocancelling his nairs so it's an easy punish).

To be honest, from what I see it looks like you know what to do and are capable of doing it (more than half of what I said is stuff that you actually did), you just need to make sure you're precise with executing everything. Snake really isn't that bad for Wolf, it's just a lot easier for Wolf to mess up and he gets punished harder when he does, so... just don't mess up :p

In the Wolf dittos, shine gimp him! You had the opportunity to take all three of his stocks with shine gimps, don't pass that up lol[/collapse]

tekkie

Smash Master
[collapse=Tekkie]

Only going to go over these games because I'm lazy :p

Vs Isaccard, you go for dsmash as a punish a lot, why? It's not a bad punish, but it'll just be stale for when you need it to kill (especially with the billions of hittable things on Brinstar :x). Jab has almost equal range, is faster, and is safer. Idk, just something I noticed you did a lot. Also, learn how to shark/scrooge on Brinstar, it comes in handy :p

Vs Dekar, I already talked to you a tiny bit about this iirc. First vid, around 3:15, DO NOT use your double jump when you can make it back to the stage with just sideB. Ever. Around 4 in the second video, why'd you throw the banana back down right next to the ledge? That's basically handing it back to Diddy and improving his options from the ledge :x You also never try reflecting bananas, it's really not bad at all since a lot of the time Diddy players have it in their mind to throw a banana to catch your landing; only problem is that a banana thrown at your feet can still make you trip X_x[/collapse]

at some point i picked up a dsmash punish habit instead of an fsmash punish habit; i'm still working on it. it still makes me really skeptical since if they know theyre about to get punished/fsmashed they can mad-SDI up and pop out immediately after the first hit and even punish you before you can do anything depending on their %. also, i wouldnt shark a GnW because dair is super easy to hit with and i wouldn't trust playing against it :<

regarding that one banana drop, i wanted to bait an instant throw back at me but i didnt end up executing that because i'm dumb. and if you reflect a banana from anywhere over an fsmash length away you're just giving it back to them; it's an easy z-catch for diddy because his throw animation is short enough.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I mean... yeah, fsmash is usually bad against good people lol ;__; Good point on not sharking vs G&W, but it's still good to keep the option of going under the stage in mind, I think I pointed that out because you were awkwardly hovering under the stage for a bit and then upB'd onto the stage instead of towards one of the ledges. Also, true on Diddy I suppose, meh... it's so irritating, why does he get such good standard frame data :(

D

Deleted member 189823

^Good job picking a song that ends with the game. I'll leave the critiques for more experienced Wolfs.
...except for: nice spike and don't land on an opponent who's charging a Usmash lol.
Thank you.

I actually edited the song with a video-editing program so it could fit the timing.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Warning: Parasolic Shinebombing

I was able to save all of grandfinals for brawl this past weekend. Hope you like :peach: . Sm3esh wasn't PR'd last season due to innactivity and poor placment, but if you look at the data, sm3esh only loses to me and tyser and he lost to david (cue) once...not too bad.

I had already beaten him in semi-finals and I had an entire set of GF's to go so this so I wind up spamming D-smash because I was kinda taking it lightly and a lot of my gimmicks are useless since he is used to playing me...sometimes as you will see :) I do kinda sandbag the first 2 games but...

After he won I started taking it seriously.

I banned Smashville (not enough room to camp if I'm trying to keep a stock) and YI (Nicole has me convinced [through playing her in tourney] that YI is one of peaches best stages if she camps the slope of the stage.

He banned Lylat and FD.

Sorry that the video Quality is so poor, I'm back to using a bad computer, and also no music over it, or even sound, lolololol.

:battlefieldb: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSSCcpCbxDE&feature=channel (ledge fun)
:ps1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqr27wLmLM8&feature=channel (lolol if someone ONLY watched 1 video of me and it was this...)
:delfino: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2hRWb7Cjz4&feature=channel (you should watch this one)
:ps2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Z7fApigDk&feature=youtu.be (I play pretty well despite getting majorly gimped, last stock is kind of a mind game fest.)

Top Bottom