• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

castorpollux

Smash Champion
krd, you had so many opportunities to wofl guard.

whenever pit is hanging on the ledge just wofl guard him

also, if you're in dacus range of him, and he's shooting arrow, u can dacus through the arrow and get a free usmash

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Timeouts are lame :/ Against Peach, camp more. Against Wario, the way Mic does the CG lets you usmash him if he messes up, so just spam up on your cstick when getting CG'd.

:059:

tekkie

Smash Master

tekkie

Smash Master
Round Robin Match against Kunai KazeKun :peachbrawl: :toonlinkbrawl: (this weekend)
recorded with my new grabber <3 so watch with high quality settings.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otIKZpD_UDI
so as promised i'll actually critique :O

you play a lot like me; balls-to-the-wall aggro lol. against peach it worked really well for you, especially the shine usage.

that gimp game 1; if you're super stuck in a situation like that, take a little more time to place your upB. if they're in the perfect place to grab the edge and you upB right away it's an easy gimp. at least if you space it so if they grab their invincibility will run out you have a chance at surviving.

if you're getting utilted like that, shine would be a good gtfo move. if you're on the ground being pressured it should work.

utilt kill <3 and bthrow kill wtf lol

it can be hard to kill that little ******* but SHAD might be legitimately pretty useful as long as you can avoid a grab or a bair out of shield; SHAD > dsmash if he's camping maybe

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
So our monthly last week was MK legal, and I realized I am suuuper rusty at the MK match up. Couple games from Bracket;

Game 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D13u...DvjVQa1PpcFNz9zPJNHNtKFPvr4wvH8YL7cHExHD_X4Y= vs breez (:metaknight:)

Game 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRs6...DvjVQa1PpcFNz9zPJNHNtKAV4C0ieJSPjQd9BADLn9BU= vs breez (:metaknight:)

I started to get my confidence back Game 2, as I was starting to get a grasp of the MU again and extra comfortability on Lylat. Bad DI sort of ***** my last stock, but eh. Ignore the technical errors, I was high as kite in these lmao. I was really scared of shuttle loop after Game 1, and I think one of my biggest problems is just spacing it. He also sort of wrecks me off-stage, so I tried to stay stage-bound. I'm not especially worried about any MKs in our region, with us currently following Unity, but I'd still like to know the MU for future problems and MK Legal Tournies. So other than certain slip ups and generic dumb mistakes, what are some good things to know for the match up? Just little tips to give me an edge, like maybe certain set-ups or something.

Also how do I do the turn-around Dsmash? At 2:23 it would've made a small difference but I was more worried about just getting him out of my face so I threw it out. Do I literally just turn around before execution, or was there some way to change it's direction after the input? I never took the time to worry about it so yeah help is appreciated.

:wolf:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Delayed critiques abound!

[collapse=AscWolf]Vs. DuelerX:
- Don't be afraid to go for juggles with uair at low %s, his dair comes out slow enough for you to get some in unless they want to dair all the time for some reason lol
- The only guaranteed punishes on G&W's dair are shieldgrab, nair, and jab, with nair being the safest since you can retreat it. Something to keep in mind, since if you take away G&W's ability to get away with dairs it opens up the possibility of scaring him into getting juggled :3

Vs. KazeKun:
- Don't get grabbed by Peach at low %s, just camp her out with lasers and hop around with bairs. Make her work for all the damage she gets, because if Peach isn't comboing you at low %s during the match you basically win :p
- Don't challenge her upB, just wait for her by the ledge and trap her from there.
- BEAUTIFUL ending, grabbing Peach out of her sideB for an air release sideB finish, so good <3 This needs to go in the community combo video haha
- You seem to have a pretty good handle on fighting Peach lol, I don't have much else to say.
---------------
- If you shield TL's dair, you can punish with uair/fair/bair OoS (either hit). If the first hit hits you at lowish %s, you can nair (shine maybe?) TL before the second hit comes out. If any other aerial hits your shield, a quick bair/fair OoS will punish it. Same thing as I said for G&W, if you can show these characters that their dairs aren't flawless it'll make them use it less in fear of punishment.
- ALWAYS angle upB, even just a little bit, to avoid getting edgehogged like that (game2, stock1) :/
- Use lots of grab/dthrow on KazeKun, it worked well when he was around for APEX :p
- If he's utilting you at low %s you can shield before it combos, so do that and then grab > dthrow.
- Edgeguarding with well-timed bairs works well, go to the ledge and wait for TL to throw his boomerang, then work around that.
- Learn to blaster plank and sideB to the ledge, or at least upB diagonally so you don't get edgehogged.
- If you want to reflect things, be sure to jump or roll out of shine so TL can't punish you.

Overall: Liking your Wolf, keep up the good work :) one small thing I noticed is that you sometimes shieldgrab by accident when your back is to your opponent, I'm assuming you meant to usmash OoS? Idk, the same thing happens to me a bunch haha, but just throwing it out there. It's important to capitalize on every punish possible, and knowing which ones you're missing helps you focus more on getting those down, idk.

Saw your crews match against ChoZo btw, lol @ the ending, you had that xD You have some more matches from BDE2, gonna watch those but since you didn't post them I won't throw in any critique :p[/collapse]

[collapse=Kudemo]First off, sorry for taking so long, I see you lurking every once-in-a-while and feel bad for slacking off on my usual critiquing, especially since you're always nice enough to post your new videos here X_x

Vs. SpiK:
- Run offstage after Ness if he's close and you've taken his second jump, try to get hit by his upB for the gimp. If you think you might not make it in time, shine and then jump above him to catch the upB as he starts it again.
- Use more usmash OoS for punishing when your opponent doesn't fully retreat their aerials.
- Don't AD from the ledge when you have RCO lag from sideB/upB, it gives you a lot of landing lag and makes it easy for your opponent to punish :/
- Be careful when lasering, no need to heal Ness :x
- No grab-release > dsmash?

Vs. Nintenpro:
- You're doing a very good job of punishing things OoS :)
- If you see ROB jump when you're trying to land, that means he's going to cover your landing with a bair, so shine to the ground instead of airdodging.
- You're getting hit by nair a lot. Either hit it during its startup with an aerial, shine through it, or keep it in mind and play around it because it covers a lot of options due to good range/duration.
- Focus more on getting ROB in the air and keeping him there, Wolf's biggest advantage in this MU is juggling imo.
- If ROB ever tries to chase you in the air, shine through his attack into an uair to get back safely while putting him above you.
------------------------------
- As you saw lol, don't dthrow because you'll slip on bananas that are lying on platforms above you X___x
- Nice speed hogging :)

Vs. Satanpuuuu:
- If any character techs dthrow right in front of you, you have guaranteed jab, provided they are in range. If mid-weights that aren't too floaty tech behind, you can dsmash in place and hit them with the second part.
- You have a bad habit of airdodging/jumping into charged smashes, whether they end up hitting you or your shield this is something you should stop doing :x just retreat and punish their cooldown.[/collapse]

[collapse=Tekkie]I watched your videos before and I'm way too lazy to comment (I don't remember having much to say anyways lol), suffice to say I <3 you and your Wolf, and if you ever want in-depth critique or want to talk about a MU or whatever you know where to find me ;D[/collapse]

[collapse=Disaster Master]I rarely ever watch wifi videos because it's usually such a different style of play, but I can actually get a good idea of your playstyle from this video :o and to be honest, your Wolf is looking pretty good :) Try not to stay by the ledge against characters that can gimp you at low %s though. Also, be careful with ledgehop fair if your opponent is shielding, someone like MK can punish with nair OoS and put you offstage without your second jump, which is horrible :x but it seems like you know your stuff fairly well. I strongly suggest going to one of Rob's tournaments, or something else in the local area where you can play offline with other smashers. Like, very strongly, the tournament environment grows on a person, especially with locals lol[/collapse]

[collapse=Sinister]I watched your videos during class lol, so sorry for the less-thorough notes xD

- When you crossup with an AD, use jab over dsmash sometimes, it's faster and safer. You used dsmash almost all the time, and it gets predictable :x
- It looks like getting gimped was your biggest issue with these matches, DJAD through MK's aerials if necessary, otherwise DI away so that MK can't reach you (superior airspeed helps both of these out). Also, as always, try to save your double jump whenever possible.
- You can usually punish SH nairs on shield with usmash OoS. Usually.

On pivoting dsmashes, yeah, just turn around first. Buffer it with a quick and light tap in the other direction. Glad to see that you noticed it, because I was going to point that out anyways lol. Also, for SL, you can try nairing through it, but I honestly prefer to space outside of its range in the air :x

I don't really have a lot of advice against MK, you seem to know what you were having trouble with and I honestly thought you played very well for the most part, so... yep :p[/collapse]

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
[collapse=Disaster Master]I rarely ever watch wifi videos because it's usually such a different style of play, but I can actually get a good idea of your playstyle from this video :o and to be honest, your Wolf is looking pretty good :) Try not to stay by the ledge against characters that can gimp you at low %s though. Also, be careful with ledgehop fair if your opponent is shielding, someone like MK can punish with nair OoS and put you offstage without your second jump, which is horrible :x but it seems like you know your stuff fairly well. I strongly suggest going to one of Rob's tournaments, or something else in the local area where you can play offline with other smashers. Like, very strongly, the tournament environment grows on a person, especially with locals lol[/collapse]
Oh ty. No one I know or lives around me play Brawl. But idk about going to a tourney. It would be super awkward.
A little girl like me in a tourney with older guys?

Also if anyone can help me download pinnacle studio on my laptop so I can stop using my mom's crappy old comp that ruins the video that'd be awesome.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Delayed critiques abound!

[collapse=Sinister]I watched your videos during class lol, so sorry for the less-thorough notes xD

- When you crossup with an AD, use jab over dsmash sometimes, it's faster and safer. You used dsmash almost all the time, and it gets predictable :x
- It looks like getting gimped was your biggest issue with these matches, DJAD through MK's aerials if necessary, otherwise DI away so that MK can't reach you (superior airspeed helps both of these out). Also, as always, try to save your double jump whenever possible.
- You can usually punish SH nairs on shield with usmash OoS. Usually.

On pivoting dsmashes, yeah, just turn around first. Buffer it with a quick and light tap in the other direction. Glad to see that you noticed it, because I was going to point that out anyways lol. Also, for SL, you can try nairing through it, but I honestly prefer to space outside of its range in the air :x

I don't really have a lot of advice against MK, you seem to know what you were having trouble with and I honestly thought you played very well for the most part, so... yep :p[/collapse]

Thanks for the sound advice, Ish. Like you said I've already got an idea with what I should be doing in the MU.. For the most part. Was just looking for some extra Wolf tricks you may have been hiding :reverse:

Looking back, they were decent matches but I was playing a little wonky lol. I normally like to preserve my Dsmash for real reads unless i'm against certain scrubs, like Snake. Game 2 it was a little bit of intimidation along with a couple input slip ups, Jab is already one of my favorite mix-ups but i'll definitely keep that in mind.

Oh and thanks for clearing up the whole Dsmash thing, I wasn't sure if I was missing something or what the deal was with that. I'll be sure to use it more, it's something I recently threw into my game.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
DM, it's... going to be a little bit odd, I suppose, but it's only awkward if you make it that way, y'know? Despite what the media makes it look like, "older" guys aren't really any different from everyone else in a social environment. Besides, MRM is a good guy and fellow Wolf main that's integrated with the local community, not that I'm trying to speak on his behalf lol but I'm sure he can help you out with whatever you need. Do you have any friends relatively nearby that might be interested in going with you to a tournament?

Sinister: One other thing I can kinda throw in is nair combos... it works well on MK because of his roundness and low weight, combos into dsmash pretty well around kill %s. A trick I like that you can see in one of Kudemo's videos is nair below them while they're on the edge of a platform to get them to slip off, works best if you poke their feet which is relatively easy on MK due to his huge shoes lol. They fall off and then you can lock them from there, into a smash attack. Idk if MK has time to do anything before hitting the ground, I think there was a metagame minute on that, but you can look it up if you're interested :) even if you don't lock him, it's a free aerial at the very least.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Derp. I swear I knew that lol. Well, idk, it's always easier to go to your first tournament with a friend, but you know MRM to some extent so I really don't think it'd be too bad. Going to tournaments is a good way to get out of your shell a bit, and once you get to know your local community it gives you a new group of friends to hang out with. Idk, most people I know that entered the tournament scene have plenty of positive things to say about it, and I'm no exception lol.

If none of your friends know what Brawl is, why not play with them a bit and see if any of them take interest? Bleh, I feel like I'm peer-pressuring you into going to tournaments lol, but idk, it's a fun thing to do and something tells me you'd really enjoy tournaments once you get to know the people there. Then again, I could be totally wrong lol, but you should consider trying one out anyways :p

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Fire transformation has perfect spacing for our Flash, Rock transformation does too, along with a semi-legit infinite at the bottom and Wolf doesn't mind being on the far left at the bottom. Windmill is great as already mentioned, we can cancel our DACUS on the spinning parts, half-cancels are great on the windmill stage as well, and the other transformation (treehouse?) is sort of boring but it's nice for Wolf in a simplistic way.

Not to mention the ledge is great for long range half-cancel ledge cancels, and we like the big space. PS1 has dropped from my favorites like a ton of bricks but it's still a great stage, especially for our furry friend. Deal with it Ish.

tekkie

Smash Master
stadium 1 is one of my favorites because all of the transformations have techable parts and i love camping those and not dying

the lip on the edges makes recovery a little tricky but i love random stage **** because they call me tekkie for a reason dammit ;D

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I tech Klaps on Japes for hours on end.

Try it sometime, you won't be disappointed.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
[collapse=MCP]-At ~15s, you go for an uair and he airdodges. The thing is, you can uair twice in a FH, or uair > bair, provided you do the first uair early or buffer it. Learn to do that, it helps a LOT for juggle traps.
- You should reflect his fireballs and then roll back or jump out of shine into fair or whatever to shut down Mario's fireball approach game. Saw you do this at the end lol, so yeah, you got this ;D
- I've noticed that you usually don't hold down A while jabbing, why not? It works pretty well for beating out spotdodges and whatnot.
- Work on more precise punishes, and especially implementing usmash OoS to cover crossups.
---------------------------------
- Against dash attack, either shield and grab once it's done or SDI behind for a charged fsmash. Pretty sure you know how to deal with it, but just messed up by SDIing away out of immediate punishment range.
- I don't really have any good advice lol, as they say the best way to beat Luigi is to camp him hard. But if you're getting hit by all those upBs during shield drop, consider just holding shield a bit longer and then rolling away or reacting to whatever he does. Eating a grab from Luigi isn't bad at all, compared to all the things he can do to you when you're not shielding :x[/collapse]

Fire transformation has perfect spacing for our Flash, Rock transformation does too, along with a semi-legit infinite at the bottom and Wolf doesn't mind being on the far left at the bottom. Windmill is great as already mentioned, we can cancel our DACUS on the spinning parts, half-cancels are great on the windmill stage as well, and the other transformation (treehouse?) is sort of boring but it's nice for Wolf in a simplistic way.

Not to mention the ledge is great for long range half-cancel ledge cancels, and we like the big space. PS1 has dropped from my favorites like a ton of bricks but it's still a great stage, especially for our furry friend. Deal with it Ish.

I think every stage is good for Wolf too lol, and I honestly like PS for the most part. All the stalling encouraged by the transformations is meh thouh, and I spend a lot of time on the ledge doing ledge things, so having such a severe consequence for being off by the tiniest bit sucks :/

I tech Klaps on Japes for hours on end.

Try it sometime, you won't be disappointed.
What.

@__@

Is Japes legal in your region?

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I'm working on it, no one around here likes Japes :urg:

I play it in Training Mode for the day it's finally legalized. I'm actually thinking i'll either make a short video of Wolf there, or a simple video of why it shouldn't be banned. Klap techs at the very least, lol.

But yeah +1 to dumb ledge stuff.

AscWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AscWolf
You have some more matches from BDE2, gonna watch those but since you didn't post them I won't throw in any critique
Im pretty sure that i postet my Match against Desty, but thats a while ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwYOvcDrpmw against :snakebrawl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOCZ7XgGn6E against :luigibrawl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82SWtxlaU_c against :metaknightbrawl:

@ Germanys Finest 4 he directly picked MetaKnight and banned Delfino xD
I´ll visit a Tourney in Netherlands on Saturday and will try to get new Replays.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm working on it, no one around here likes Japes :urg:

I like Japes:bee: (except vs DK :glare:).
(the sideB SD was button lag:urg:)
vs ROB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOlBX14hCOM&feature=youtu.be
This is the replay I mentioned in the other thread and I'd really like critiques if people have a few minutes to kill. This ROB out-spaced me, he's obviously the better player. I couldn't CP SV or YI and didn't know where to go so I picked Picto because Wolf's superior air speed and if he brought out a CGer I wouldn't be completely sc***ed like on FD. The end was button lag but he would have won anyway.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yeah you should go to a tournament
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=319060

Oh ty. No one I know or lives around me play Brawl. But idk about going to a tourney. It would be super awkward.
A little girl like me in a tourney with older guys?
It would only be awkward if your mom was there the entire time like you said was going to happen last time, lololol.

I promise you that the majority of my saying "old dudes are creeps" was just me trying to be funny because I still think thought you are were tyser. We are all professional. And not even close to good looking. Just don't ask Auspher his opinion.

DM, it's... going to be a little bit odd, I suppose, but it's only awkward if you make it that way, y'know? Despite what the media makes it look like, "older" guys aren't really any different from everyone else in a social environment. Besides, MRM is a good guy and fellow Wolf main that's integrated with the local community, not that I'm trying to speak on his behalf lol but I'm sure he can help you out with whatever you need. Do you have any friends relatively nearby that might be interested in going with you to a tournament?
I mean, we are older guys so we might talk about stupid/crazy/far out things but I think having a girl, especially one who is pretty good (honestly, your tech skill reminds me of TYSERS WOLF :p, which isn't an insult) would be a benefit to the Nebraska smash scene. Nicole/Yink were both pretty big parts of the growing scenes of their areas and it's no coincidence that when both of them stopped attending in their area (nicole moved) that their scenes regressed.

You know MRM to some extent so I really don't think it'd be too bad. Going to tournaments is a good way to get out of your shell a bit, and once you get to know your local community it gives you a new group of friends to hang out with.
This, very this.

Top Bottom