• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winning Steak Cinemas: Video Archive & Criticism Thread Updated

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok, so first of all - me vs Cam from BR2...

I find it laughable that Cam has been ridiculed for his performance in this set when this is the closest he's gotten to beating so far (out of our three sets) and frankly, has been the toughest Sonic I've ever fought personally (likely because of his ROB experience).

Kid, you claimed that Cam was on a roll game 1 and dropped the ball the second two games. You're awful quick to claim that it was his fault for loosing matches 2 and 3 instead of my fault for loosing match 1 - which makes more sense considering I won the set.

Game 1

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8XIrejCsuGs&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8XIrejCsuGs&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

-I failed to punish and adapt to Cam shielding my nair from his spin dashes/charges (he hasn't done this in past sets to me)
-The stage really messed up a lot of my gyro stuff causing many whiffed pick ups which got punished (perhaps I should have went for the other neutral of the two left)
-I got hit by Sonic's lame "kill" moves and didn't live above 150% once out of the 3 stocks
-I spent a majority of the time approaching, especially at all the wrong times

Compared to

Game 2

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X9LtARvxzJU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X9LtARvxzJU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

-I lived to over 190% the one time i died
-I predicted, read, and punished most of his spindash attempts
-I got some critical pivot grabs (I didn't first match)
-My projectile game was on key
-And oh so much more

While I'm sure some current sonic mains can see better, to me it seemed that Cam played very very close to the same, if not better (he had a couple new tricks like running up to me and springing up to punish my anytime OOS) in the 2nd match

Now onto seemingly useless trash talk from a Sonic main about how hes going to crush me...
While it's great to get pumped for a match and I encourage it, look at the facts here.

-Kid, you're no where near one of the best Sonics and are gunning for myself, one of the best ROBs
-ROB beats Sonic
-I have a positive record on every Sonic (not counting their other characters) I have faced (Cam, Kid, Kai, Wes, Malcom, and random scrubs). (Also played ITT but that was teams which doesn't really count).
-Last time we played, albeit a while ago, you really weren't much of a challenge to me
-Your gunning for me after posting a video of you vs CJT, which no offense to him at all, isn't much compared to me vs the majority of other players

And cause I feel like it and cause Cam is ballin', expanding on point 3 there, I have only lost to two of those Sonics before, Cam and Wes - and lately I've found Cam to be harder (whether or not it's his ROB exp idk but I'm just sayin). Kai Malcom and Kid have never beaten me with Sonic.

Even though it was a while ago, Apex was a nice opporunity to do some comparisons since I faced Malcom Cam and Kid all in the same day in either MM or Tourney. The vids were up on my old account b4 it was deleted, but just for this post I decided to go rummage through my hard drive to find the vids. Here's the matches vs just their Sonics

Cam
<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TGmkTTyfYtI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TGmkTTyfYtI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object> <object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IEq24uOZy0M&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IEq24uOZy0M&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

Malcom
<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uAysFfUT5RU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uAysFfUT5RU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

and
Kid
<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yv06N4qRmww&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yv06N4qRmww&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

mmm mmm look at all dem tasty pivot grabs

I normally wouldn't do this, and I understand you saying that all this talk is in good sport, but you've been saying to Cam has been pretty disrespectful, and I'm hoping this will be the end to it.

~I leave you with this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPygYyoEaCI

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Wow.

Get *****, KID. Just sayin'.

Chibo! You going to WHOBO 2 by chance? If I get a chance to go and you're there, I'd love to play you to see how I stack up. It'd be fun.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Wow.

Chibo! You going to WHOBO 2 by chance? If I get a chance to go and you're there, I'd love to play you to see how I stack up. It'd be fun.
I was planning to go ever since I got some air credit recently, but then it was announced for Easter weekend so I can't go. I'm planning on going to No Koast 3 though instead which is in the same-ish area.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, having it around Easter is kinda meh.

Chibo, I want to play you some day. The only ROB experience I got is Sudai.
It'll be an interesting set.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Ok, so first of all - me vs Cam from BR2...

I find it laughable that Cam has been ridiculed for his performance in this set when this is the closest he's gotten to beating so far (out of our three sets) and frankly, has been the toughest Sonic I've ever fought personally (likely because of his ROB experience).

Kid, you claimed that Cam was on a roll game 1 and dropped the ball the second two games. You're awful quick to claim that it was his fault for loosing matches 2 and 3 instead of my fault for loosing match 1 - which makes more sense considering I won the set.

This is true, it does, in fact, take two to tango.

-I failed to punish and adapt to Cam shielding my nair from his spin dashes/charges (he hasn't done this in past sets to me)
-The stage really messed up a lot of my gyro stuff causing many whiffed pick ups which got punished (perhaps I should have went for the other neutral of the two left)
-I got hit by Sonic's lame "kill" moves and didn't live above 150% once out of the 3 stocks
you got MESSED UP by them hypno smashes. lol
-I spent a majority of the time approaching, especially at all the wrong times

-I lived to over 190% the one time i died
-I predicted, read, and punished most of his spindash attempts
This part is quite honestly cams fault, because sonic really shouldnt be punished more than 2-3 times for his spindashes, just based on how many options he has from it, if you watch one of my latest vids with snakeee, the one on bf, even tho he beat me, he didnt punish nearly as many of my spindashes as he did the previous time we played that stage (we had to play in two diff sets at that tourney), because I learned and started mixing up my follow ups. cam should have done the same.
-I got some critical pivot grabs (I didn't first match)
-My projectile game was on key
I did notice this.
-And oh so much more

While I'm sure some current sonic mains can see better, to me it seemed that Cam played very very close to the same, if not better (he had a couple new tricks like running up to me and springing up to punish my anytime OOS) in the 2nd match

I think he played much worse based on the fact that he had much less patience and did that thing that bad sonics do against projectile users, where sonic runs head first into like 5 projectiles in a row, in an effort to get up close to the opponent. as opposed to game one where he spent a lot of time just jumping over your projectiles and spindashing as punishment for committed moves you would make.

Now onto seemingly useless trash talk from a Sonic main about how hes going to crush me...
While it's great to get pumped for a match and I encourage it, look at the facts here.

-Kid, you're no where near one of the best Sonics and are gunning for myself, one of the best ROBs
its been a long time since you played me and APEX was a terribly off day for me, just as you are, Im also considerably better than i was 7-8 months ago, not to mention that I dont think you can name 5 sonics better than me.
-ROB beats Sonic
Currently, I agree, but I am working on some niche stuff that could seriously make this a favorable match for sonic.
-I have a positive record on every Sonic (not counting their other characters) I have faced (Cam, Kid, Kai, Wes, Malcom, and random scrubs). (Also played ITT but that was teams which doesn't really count).
This is why I have to beat you...
-Last time we played, albeit a while ago, you really weren't much of a challenge to me
Revenge will be mine.
-Your gunning for me after posting a video of you vs CJT, which no offense to him at all, isn't much compared to me vs the majority of other players
That video wasnt really supposed to be a "I can beat good people, so I can beat you" statement as much as it was a "this is what I do to ROBs these days" statement.

And cause I feel like it and cause Cam is ballin', expanding on point 3 there, I have only lost to two of those Sonics before, Cam and Wes - and lately I've found Cam to be harder (whether or not it's his ROB exp idk but I'm just sayin). Kai Malcom and Kid have never beaten me with Sonic.
This must change.

mmm mmm look at all dem tasty pivot grabs
not gonna lie, this was really funny.

I normally wouldn't do this, and I understand you saying that all this talk is in good sport, but you've been saying to Cam has been pretty disrespectful, and I'm hoping this will be the end to it.
Of course im mean to cam, thats what I do, im the crotchety old man here on the sonic boards, and if i have to tell cam the same thing over and over for him to get the point, especially when he knows what he has to do, and just doesnt do it, im not gonna be nice about it. cus being nice doesnt get the point across to ppl.

~I leave you with this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPygYyoEaCI
Best round of smash I ever played right there^^^
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wow.

eh, it happens, gotta take your lumps every now and then. if you cant take a beating once in a while, you shouldnt be tryna give em out. If you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, and as you can see, im still here.:p

Ill take what ever you wanna hand out chibo, and im ready to give it right back tenfold.
G@ME

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

Ill take what ever you wanna hand out chibo, and im ready to give it right back tenfold.
G@ME
Fine by me, ROB lives at least 11 times longer than Sonic in the matchup. Though 10 is cutting it close, I'll have to make sure I step it up :/

btw

Wes
Espy
Malcom
Kai
and of course... Cam

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Who the hell is Malcom?

There was this one kid named malcoLm who WAS better than me, but he quit sonic 6+ months ago.

and as far as cam being better than me, Id actually like to know where he stands on that topic...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
D*** Chibo.

Except KID whose trash-talk we've learned to shrug off, I don't know about "ridiculing" Camalange. We only say the things we do because we want to see him get better. At least I know I won't, Camal's mah boi.

And even if that was his best attempt at beating you, it still seemed rather pitiful. All the mistakes he made, the things he didn't do... It just makes me sadface. :( :/

Now am I saying that with a little improvement Camalange could take you on again, and come out victorious? Maybe, maybe not. One thing is for certain though, it's that he lost then. Is there room for improvement? You betcha! That goes for both of you. As long as Sonic-R.O.B. isn't a 100:0 matchup for either side, there's always things players can do to try to lean into their favor to win. I'm not going to bother about who has the advantage and how deep it is, that is subjective and doesn't concern the players' skill levels.

And you need to come to Vegas (very unlikely, but whatever). :p

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Who the hell is Malcom?

There was this one kid named malcoLm who WAS better than me, but he quit sonic 6+ months ago.

and as far as cam being better than me, Id actually like to know where he stands on that topic...
Throw Shugo on there then.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I think Cam is the better Sonic. KID, on the other hand, could be the better player as far as his Lucario is concerned. Who knows.

I still don't see the issue against Lucario being a nightmare match, but meh. XD

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
also, i dont remember if it was a money match or a friendly set but i definitely beat wes 2-1 in a set at SNES.

Not saying that makes me better flat out, but just dont think playing me is going to be an easy win. Im pretty good at this game. lol.

Lucario has a solid advantage on sonic, but its nothing unbeatable, people act like its some kind of new development for a character to shut down sonics options, pretty much every character can do that. But if a character is shutting down sonics options, that sonic need to come up with some more options, cus i can almost promise you, that sonic has them.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I still don't see the issue against Lucario being a nightmare match, but meh. XD
It's not a nightmare match up so to speak. It's just a pain in the *** to KO a Lucario, and his aura's properties don't make the KOing any easier on us.

Thank god for his horrible recovery. Sonic would be doomed if Lucario's upB actually attacked.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
That's true.

You can't spring chase Lucario for Up Air kills because his Down Air will just destroy you too... That being said, still haven't had troubles.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You can't Spring chase ANYBODY because it is nullified by DI. Anybody who still doesn't DI it is bad at playing against Sonic.

That said, Lucario sucks but I believe you can win if you're willing to put your back into it.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It's not really nullified by DI. I'm talking spring chasing someone who DIs to the sides after an Up Throw. Spring Chase straight from the up throw? LOL Yeah no.

Browny

Smash Hater
I dont think lucarios upb not attacking doesnt make much of a difference at all... I'm sure the vast majority of my sonic v lucario KO's are bair near an edge of the stage. Lucarios DI is just too good... Sonic has hardly anything to actually pressure an upb to the ledge while lucario has fair.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
well, that was nice of chibo to back up good ol' cam. I need to watch the set between them again.

btw, i'd love to play Chibo now. I want to see what this ROB is all about. dont know when though... I'll MM if i have too...:chuckle:

lucario is wier becuase his aura lets him space you better, and lets him live longer as a result. the problem is Sonic can play most aggressive in the start of the stock, but needs to calm it down when the aura gets really dumb. sonics who stay aggro the whole time just because it works in the start of the stock gets eaten alive by serveral characters.

As for ROB, projectile spam shouldn't bother sonic if they just look for them, i mean its going to come, there is no such thing as a ROB that doesn't use his projectiles. and as for me, if they wanna do that all day, fine, im just going to dodge EVERYTHING from a distance and they will approach if they are smart.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
My list:
Shugo
Espy
Kai
KID
X
Cam
random scrub sonics
infzy
SonicMaster5/Speed
fixed @_@

;-; fizzie

nice sets cammy and chibo, too goodz.

@KID
he'll get chibo next time...count on it. Everytime Cammy is beaten, he comes back with his will strengthened, and will **** even more.

@Chibo
If you're going to Pound, you can take my money. Just lemme fight you @_@

@Malcolm
^too good. nah dude, we all sonic in here. you know what you did. Now you get the duck of the vid humiliation.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
New Wes Vids!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NvU2EPJIgg&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttpHTEOIyXs&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Is3i8HHUTE&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvqsfYZ7Oww&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qid54DKCuZc&feature=channel

I still maintain that i am every bit as good as him.

Also, I also maintain that Pit is a terrible character and Sonic definitely wins that matchup.

I love watching wes vids but he still gets too anxious sometimes and runs into too many projectiles. I think thats part of the reason why lucario is so hard for people, because his projectile does a lot of damage and kills. And people continue to run into it.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
watching vids now. comments later. you have been warned.:psycho:

match 1: watchin this, i realize somthing: lasers dont do that much damage. when you consider that falcos want to force a bad appraoch they can punish with chain grabs early, please take more time in positioning yourself so that you can punish him, and not simply rush him just because he has lasers. yeah, you want to get in, but you dont have to do it right this moment. getting closer is enough to make him shift to his other attacks y'know. and if you are up a stock or more, the lasers are even less useful. he has to come to you at this point.

2:09 - 2:18 : I hope everyone sees that the falco simply waited for Wes to roll at him so he can free damage. i hope you all see how pointless it is to telegraph spin dash approaches against falco, the risk is too great.

2:40: sugoi! nice HA gimp on Falco. if a sonic were to try to HA gimp Falco, it needs to be beofre he is in a decent position to Phantasm. nice play. As you can see there is nothing falco can do about it without risking a stock anyways.

3:39: this was his worst mistake the entire match. with a stock lead, he should opt for more conservative play ( which in sonic's case can simply be running around) instead of going for spring tricks. If you noticed, when the falco was behind, he stopped doing lasers. as annoying as lasers are, they will never kill you. just remember that the next time a falco spams lasers when they are behind a stock. they will approach to kill you. in any case, before that spring disaster, Wes was doing a nice job holdign stock. now falco is a 90%. let's see how Wes shifts his gameplan now.

i like how wes is moving around 3:55. the lasers dont seem to be bothing him. in the end, not only the lasers couldn't set up an advantageous situation for the falco, but his constant desire to get the garbs on sonic got him an Fsmash in the face. game. Notice that at this point Wes was baiting and waiting for side B and nearly had a chance to punish many of them. something Sonic needs to do against falco often.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wes(Sonic) vs. Koolaid(Pit) 2

:50 What I tend to do a bit nowadays is after a person techs dthrow like the pit player did, is run to them, and stop in front of them with the shield up for a sec. if they attack, i block it and punish. i fthey sidestep looking for the grab, then i basically baited them into another grab, or even a tilt>aerial. he did it so much the first match against him i can see that the pit would be conditioned to do so.

:55 : With Pit stuck under the stage like that and force to use UP B to live, Sonic's HA would have ended the stock. he cant dodge, and if pit does anything he's dead. that's a literal sitting duck situation that was missed.

3:08 : love that. Weve started seing people run around opponents twice before an action now, and its lovely. man, only sonic gets away with that stuff!

in this match he fell for those Up B shenanagens too much. the pit realized it and used it well to throw sonic's punishments off. also, the UpB's wind push effect helps give him some room too, i belive.

vs Koolaid 3:

im starting to notice he likes ASC cancels alot. lol

more later.

overall, i loved the way wes was playing falco. the idea he had was to get him offstage, and show how predictable falco's recovery is, and he tried it with HA, with success and little retaliation.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I apologize about being mad slow with this response, but I've been grounded from the computer so...yeah >_>

First, I'd like to thank mah boi Chibo for defending me like that. I was not expecting that to happen, lol but it certainly made my day.

I'm glad you did this, but Kid made good points. I definitley need to work on my defensive game and relax on the spindashes, so I think the main reason why he ate me up like that was to break me off that habit. I'm a chill guy, so I didn't take the harsh words directly to heart, but it means a lot to me Chibo that you came in here. It opens up a whole new side to the situation and has allowed me to really see from the outside, ya know? Lots of respect between us PA bros, lol ^_^

I'm not really gonna commentate too much on the set itself, because I think that's been covered pretty well already. Chibo and myself are both good players, and Chibo won respectively. It's all good.

Well, I haven't seen your Sonic lately :p Your Lucario has gotten pretty sexy though, not gonna lie. Plus, I wouldn't go around saying that I'm the better Sonic. Some people think I'm better than Kai, others think he's better. I don't go around saying who I'm better than, because the majority of the tri-state community knows and respects me and my Sonic so that's all that really matters to me. I don't like arguments about "who's the best" and blah blah blah. People will talk to Kai and I and ask "So who's better?" and we're just like "Don't know" lol.

I really appreciate it guys, not that I'm like, top 3 Sonic or anything, but it felt good to be on lists with top Sonics followed by my name xD I promise I'll get better and prove to you guys that I can take it to the top.

Although I think Speed is too low >_< lmao

<3chibo/kai/infzy/kinzer/speed
and i guess kid xP

:093:

Browny

Smash Hater
I love watching wes vids but he still gets too anxious sometimes and runs into too many projectiles. I think thats part of the reason why lucario is so hard for people, because his projectile does a lot of damage and kills. And people continue to run into it.
Thats exactly the point... Lucario will quite often be living to a % where AS will outright KO from the middle of the stage and its a threat you cant just take lightly. its not the fact that AS shuts down approaches, its because it CAN, and it hits like a truck. Is it worth taking a risk, approaching + trying to stop and powershield the AS and punish when the most you can do from it is a grab/fair/dash attack, when the risk is death? Sonic isnt unique in this aspect though, few characters have enough aerial mobility to get around it easily.

I played this MU vs the only other tourney level luc main offline in aus about 4-5 times over last 2 days. I believe I won first 4 with an SD on final stock of last match to lose it. Its still hard as hell... and I stick to what I said before about ES not doing damage is a minor point.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXK3ps3Kro0

Alberta Draft Crew Battle.

Skip to 5:25, as this is where I step in. If you guys wanted to critique, go ahead, I guess. I'm mainly showing this video for the SDI after surviving the repeated Zelda Up Smashes as I did. Arsenal is also one of Alberta's best as well. Mains Zelda and secondaries Meta Knight. Both are very impressive. Playing aggro vs. Zelda is more fun. I know that outrunning Din's Fire and waiting is better though. So much hype in the crew battles. I loved it; everyone had shining moments.

It is official.

SDI = Steak DI.

My recorded bracket matches are far more impressive, and those are being uploaded by the gang that set up recordings in the near future, so I'll keep you guys posted on that.

Next video of the crew battle has me pitted up against one of Alberta's best players, ranked 3rd on the Alberta Power Ranking, and arguably one of, if not, the best Marth player in Canada. The SD thanks to Lylat Cruise was depressing. LMAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZF3bSVrseU&feature=channel

And yes, I am aware of the one FSmash kill I let get away when KillL0ck missed his Up B. I could have stutter step'd my FSmash and landed either a free kill, or put him in a bad spot if he DI'd really well. You'll know where I missed when you see the second video. I hate Lylat Cruise. :|

Bracket matches were awesome too, can't wait to show you guys.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. Well, I haven't seen your Sonic lately :p Your Lucario has gotten pretty sexy though, not gonna lie. Plus, I wouldn't go around saying that I'm the better Sonic. 2. Some people think I'm better than Kai, others think he's better. I don't go around saying who I'm better than, because the majority of the tri-state community knows and respects me and my Sonic so that's all that really matters to me.

3. <3chibo/kai/infzy/kinzer/speed
and i guess kid xP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMKp3tVgj8o game 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG7HsywSSDE game 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exyNaRzUW9k game 3

the vids are labeled wrong, my notes here on the vids are correct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdC1rZJ2WSs game 2 from a 5$ bo3 money match that we had. i won the set. I won game three by time out, dont know if the vids got recorded. but game 3 is where I timed him out.

2. all i know is that kai wins low tier tourneys, and you get like 9th... =P

3. lol at i guess kid, couldnt even give me the caps son?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Haven't gotten around to that yet, lol. But I will. I just clicked the one that you dedicated to Chibo and saw the Lucy.

2. all i know is that kai wins low tier tourneys, and you get like 9th... =P
Nah son, he loses to the same Ikes that I do xD He just gets a little farther >.>

3. lol at i guess kid, couldnt even give me the caps son?
Well, if you take a peep at the rest of the <3s, there are no caps for anyones name so...errbody be equal see?

Browny

Smash Hater
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXK3ps3Kro0

Alberta Draft Crew Battle.

Skip to 5:25, as this is where I step in. If you guys wanted to critique, go ahead, I guess. I'm mainly showing this video for the SDI after surviving the repeated Zelda Up Smashes as I did. Arsenal is also one of Alberta's best as well. Mains Zelda and secondaries Meta Knight. Both are very impressive. Playing aggro vs. Zelda is more fun. I know that outrunning Din's Fire and waiting is better though. So much hype in the crew battles. I loved it; everyone had shining moments.

It is official.

SDI = Steak DI.
Im quite sure that wasnt SDI, just standard DI to one side lol. SDI would have been if you like, completely avoided all knockback and avoiding the final hit.

Anyway I think you havea habit which many sonic players used to have... and its one you should work on fixing imo. from 8:20 to about 8:28 is a good example, constantly cancelling approaches non-stop, but for what? If you were attempting to bait a reaction which you would then punish, you gave yourself practically no opportunity to do so by cancelling them so far away from zelda. The zelda player could have stood on the spot and just fsmashed on reaction to you or something, the was clearly no intent on following up any of that, it just a waste of energy on your part, and it doesnt mindgame anyone who has sonic experience.The spinshot over her head forced zelda to take action or die, none of the previos spin cancels posed a real threat to ending her stock.

Ill watch the marth one later

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Got overhype'd by living for so long. Sorry.

Less cancelling, I guess. Thanks.

[EDIT]

Can't say that it justifies me, but I guess in my head, the reason I cancel a lot of approaches is to try and keep my opponent guessing, regardless of if I come to them or not. But if using it less, closer to bait, and the like, makes you think that I'll improve, I'll impliment what you said into my game.

S'the point of a critique thread after all. Many thanks. ^^b

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Seeing Wes getting gimped like that by Pit made me sad face. Sometimes it's better to recover the more reliable way instead via spin shot.

And Kuraudo, I watched the second match. It's kind of what DJB has already said. ASC is kind of a committed approach, so you can get punished, which Marth did quite a bit. Plus it was getting sort of predictable. So try reducing the amount of ASC you use and maybe do empty short hops, holding and cancelling spin dash for varying lengths of time. Stuff like that.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Unfortunatley KID, you'll probably have to wait 'till after Christmas ._. I'm technically not supposed to be on the computer right now cuz of "family time", lol

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Kid? good? the? bah humbug!!

someone should get rid of "the clip" its time is over.

I need to get good matches of my sonic up. Bolt never wants to record them though. so lame... I do sick stuff.

Top Bottom