• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winning Steak Cinemas: Video Archive & Criticism Thread Updated

Muhsoce

Smash Cadet
Hello again!!

Well as I promised, here you have some fights and this time you get the promotion 2 x 1, jajaj
this are sonic mirrors!!

This other sonic guy kind of adopted my style...

But there is only 1 Sonic!! ja.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKexK9Zo_Y0

I hope you like it! and I promise I wont make more long intros, jajajaj but this time was special as the first
sonic mirrors.

Merry christmas

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I know thats not how people play in tournament, but I kinda wanna save that video to show whenever people say brawl is campy, 2 sonic dittoes, in like 6 and a half minutes.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I thought Smashwiki said something about how Sonic can't walljump, then attack AND grab the ledge at the same time. Clearly the video shows otherwise 3 minutes into it. Is there something Smashwiki/I am missing here?

Also Wow @ that risky Dair to footstool maneuver! I know it was a friendly, but still, not even I would take such a chance.

And as for the long intros. Bleh, as long as they're interesting/not longer than 2 minutes, I couldn't care less.

4nace

Smash Ace
Chibo has a better sonic than KID. Get at me haha.

Just kidding, Ive seen KID's vids and he's pretty good. But him and wes don't really impress me that much, however Cam does.

Wes rolls too much and Kid spindashes at the wrong times heh.

And i don't understand why I don't play Chibo ever... he goes to my school and i've played all in friends in the lounge =P

EDIT:
@Muhsoce - Awesome video. Blew my mind. But I agree with KID that if you played that aggressive at a tourney in US then you would have difficulties. However, if all your friends/opponents play like that then I want to move to Mexico with you haha!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lol 4nace, you and chibo go to the same school??? wtf, lol xD that's pretty awesome

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Glad to see you worked out your troubles Shado. :)

...I'll see if I can get any matches saved Sunday when i go to Gameworld. Definitely need to get some new material out there.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Lookin forward to it.

I rebought a wii and brawl. Gotta get my skeelz back. Kojin and Speed are tryna do it big without me. No state is complete without Scourge competition.

btw KID u hella mean 2 my sexy boy called Cammy. If he goes 2 pound he will stop this....approching bull****. im timin out everyone son. Thats the funniest **** imaginable.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Need Shado and Speed to go to Bolts tourney on the 2nd. I will be there. that way the "Big3" can make thier presence known. Looks like something came up so i can't go to Pound4. sux but it really can't be helped...

If I can't get a teamate for doubles then either I'll wont do it or one of us can do it.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
yo guys.

is smashboards taking away the haunters at the end of the posts? I can't see them, but the code is def there. It works for this post now but some of them I don't see it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

Just kidding, Ive seen KID's vids and he's pretty good. But him and wes don't really impress me that much, however Cam does.

And i don't understand why I don't play Chibo ever... he goes to my school and i've played all in friends in the lounge =P

EDIT:
@Muhsoce - Awesome video. Blew my mind. But I agree with KID that if you played that aggressive at a tourney in US then you would have difficulties. However, if all your friends/opponents play like that then I want to move to Mexico with you haha!
I knew you were in my area but WHAT!? I didn't know you go to Drexel lol

aight we're playin as soon as Drexel starts back up soon.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Lookin forward to it.

I rebought a wii and brawl. Gotta get my skeelz back. Kojin and Speed are tryna do it big without me. No state is complete without Scourge competition.

btw KID u hella mean 2 my sexy boy called Cammy. If he goes 2 pound he will stop this....approching bull****. im timin out everyone son. Thats the funniest **** imaginable.
Come to WHOBO 2, Scourge.

Our Chaos Emeralds can clash, and I can leave you eating my dust when I win.

Welcome back in the game, I wanted to beat you before you retired anyway.

/HYPES EVERYTHING

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
^^ I think that's always been happening, as sort of a stylesheet/browser-rendering glitch. I could be wrong tho.

:054:
well ****

i only just noticed this today. it might be cuz i'm now viewing this site on a macbook? idk

I knew you were in my area but WHAT!? I didn't know you go to Drexel lol

aight we're playin as soon as Drexel starts back up soon.
lmao even cheebs didn't know xD

Muhsoce

Smash Cadet

EDIT:

Yeah, I know it would be kind of a problem, but i prefer keeping my style than making a boring fight, besides I can also play a little bit careful without taking out the agressive part.
An unfortunately no all people in here play this way,just a few, most of them play like you, I dont know why, but when you also play friendlys you play as if you were at a tourney, so careful with everything, that you dont seem to experiment, well thats what i see from the most of the videos i have seen.
I think that all of you would become more enterteining to watch if you dont spend all time trying to "confuse", "hunting" and edgehoging, and that also is some kind of training because its more dificult to kill someone with attacks only, it will force you think of more tricks, minadgames and strategys, so then when you are at tourney and you also know to edgehog and the easy ways, everything would become easier because you are used to do it the difficult way, plus you will be enterteining people watching your fights, another plus is that you will be more prepared for difficult situations.

Anyway I would like to encourage you to do more than what everybody does.

Well, thats my personal opinion and I think it will help you .

take care!

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
hey musoce, if you go to any tourneys make sure you let us know how well you do, it helps potential nay sayers who may not think your game is as viable as they think. sonic can play a variety of ways, and has seen some success.

ask speed, he doesn't play defensive at ALL lol.

BSP

Smash Legend
Muhsoce, that vid was awesome. I like offensive styles too, but it's too bad that brawl is anit-offense :/. And I agree with Jaybee, Sonic has multiple ways of being played. I would imagine that the best Sonic could switch between styles effortlessly, and that would make them really hard to beat.

On a side note, 1,000th post in Sonic boards. \(^o^)/

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yeah, I know it would be kind of a problem, but i prefer keeping my style than making a boring fight, besides I can also play a little bit careful without taking out the agressive part.
An unfortunately no all people in here play this way,just a few, most of them play like you, I dont know why, but when you also play friendlys you play as if you were at a tourney, so careful with everything, that you dont seem to experiment, well thats what i see from the most of the videos i have seen.
I think that all of you would become more enterteining to watch if you dont spend all time trying to "confuse", "hunting" and edgehoging, and that also is some kind of training because its more dificult to kill someone with attacks only, it will force you think of more tricks, minadgames and strategys, so then when you are at tourney and you also know to edgehog and the easy ways, everything would become easier because you are used to do it the difficult way, plus you will be enterteining people watching your fights, another plus is that you will be more prepared for difficult situations.

Anyway I would like to encourage you to do more than what everybody does.

Well, thats my personal opinion and I think it will help you .

take care!
I wish people could take this advice, but sadly when you're in a tourney, you play to win. Since this game favors defensive play, you're going to have to play reactively, not proactively. Regardless, I'm not discrediting the advice, but I am just saying how unforgiving the tourney environment is.

Sonic is my secondary. Im a falco main that nvr uses him D:
Excellent.

Drift108

Smash Apprentice

Trent

Smash Champion
Matches from the 19th's tourneys are finally online.

Ones I could use critiquing on:

Snake (Joker)
Round 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KIS752W4No
Round 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_vAnSr7TjU

Pikachu (CBK)
Round 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-FeDRg0cWw
Round 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC48dbyTHi4

Others you can just put in the archive:
Marth (Greg Dang)
Round 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhmrGYOoA3o
Round 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p8lnOgr5LQ

I'd appreciate any feedback and criticism I could get. :)

EDIT - So I realize the 2nd Marth match also contains a Dedede fight? Weird.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
im just watching the snake matches. you could use a bit more patience. he was like, "lol im behind, but im gonna just jab in place because sonic always has to approach. the grenades didn't really affect you much, so when he got behind, he didn't know what to do. next time youre ahead of this guy in stock make him come to you, snakes more vulnerable that way. oh, and use your fastest throws when near grenades. back throw doesn't set them off near you. you should have won that first round man.

btw, what controller port is best for fighting around snakes grenades? like when u are grabbing near it n stuff?

Trent

Smash Champion
im just watching the snake matches. you could use a bit more patience. he was like, "lol im behind, but im gonna just jab in place because sonic always has to approach. the grenades didn't really affect you much, so when he got behind, he didn't know what to do. next time youre ahead of this guy in stock make him come to you, snakes more vulnerable that way. oh, and use your fastest throws when near grenades. back throw doesn't set them off near you. you should have won that first round man.

btw, what controller port is best for fighting around snakes grenades? like when u are grabbing near it n stuff?
Thanks for the advise. I think the 4th controller port is just best in general for Snake / Against Snake. I don't know why I just heard that somewhere, so I ended up doing a Paper Rock Scissors with him for the 4th port. He won. :(

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
@ Trent
I was watching a few of your matches and I noticed something that I think might help you. There were several times where I think a tilt OoS might have helped you out a bit. For example, there was one time against that snake where you shielded both hits of his tilt, but there was not much you could do safely after that. A dtilt or ftilt out of that spot might have helped you out a bit. If you're in the mood, dtilt into grab might help, or if you just want to push away ftilt works too. Just a little suggestion. Dtilt>grabs OoS normally work for me vs. snakes.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
i think the most reliable option after blocking the ftilts is to DA oos quickly. but back off or blcok soon after because im sure he can bair hoping to stop potential followups, which if you do you should be able to grab him as punishment.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Loltroll. I search for vids of this falco on YT and can't find nothin. I wanna see this. :psycho:
im not interested in videos of my Scourge or Falco. Hence why no one even knows of my accomplishments. Speed is the only Sonic that has seen what I have done. And plays my Falco. I also help Teh Sharpie with Falco experience and he three stocked the Falco he used to lose too. Malcolm was there when I played Candy in tourney and took a game off. Candy is the second best Snake on the EC. And when he sees Scourge. He starts camping hella hard. That was back in the day when i believed in approaching tho.

Also this is mad random but i still remember when Speed and me took a round off Candy and Meep going Sonic Scourge in dubz.

I'm defiantly on Sonic Underground Status right now.

infomon

Smash Scientist
baahahahhahahaa good stuff Kinzer

for anyone who doesn't care to watch all 3 vids: at least watch the last 20seconds of the last vid. wowwww

kinzer you got predictable with your overuse of spindashes. I mean, it's not necessarily bad that you were abusing spindash like crazy (since it seemed to work lol), but I think you used a particular pattern with it when you were doing this, particularly in the 1st vid, hmmm idk maybe I'm wrong. But you fought well. There are some times when wario was doing something obviously punishable but you failed to punish, prolly just matchup inexperience, or maybe I'm wrong, I'm talking about like when he'd miss an Fsmash. Also in I think the 1st/2nd vid a couple times you Uthrow'd at low percent and he learned to expect you to follow up right away and so would airdodge, you should have noticed that and then waited for the airdodge and attacked afterwards. hmm maybe that only happened once tho

good stuff

Top Bottom