• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wi-fi Thread and The Sonic Finder. Updated 4/07

Catt

Smash Apprentice
Catt. That lag was horrible. I'm surprised we even got 4 games down.
Holy crap the lag was bad... I'm suprised it didn't DC.

I was so mad how I would end up Usmashing in place instead of doing a foxtrotted hyphen smash, that was so frustrating.
I've never played any games with lag like that without DCing.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Idiots don't have a pass on it
Why do you assume they're idiots? While studying computer science and living with a bunch of other techie ppl, we intentionally left our wireless network open, because we believe that people should have access to free internet. You don't want to know how many times I've been lost in some neighbourhood late at night, and whipped out my laptop, hopped on some open network, and found my way home LOL. I consider open wireless a public service. If bandwidth becomes a concern, your neighbours could (and maybe have) implemented some loadsharing.

/offtopic

Cinos_Gohegdeh

Smash Apprentice
:urg:Lodi,NJ

does it matter really? im still gonna be bored if i dont play.
im on my wii. i dont have a cpu so i cant change my settings.
Can we play now???

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
It does matter. We're all sick of laggy matches. Sadly, lag is effected by distance.

You're close by. I'll play you.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Good Games. I have a some words of advice for you.

1) Drop Sonic.
-He's not you best character. Far from it. You play so predictable. I was pissed off at the lag. I couldn't punish you after all of those smashes.
- You gotta stop wasting your forward smash. It decays. That's why you weren't able to get the kill in. Save the smashes. Then you'd taunt while I was still alive. Then you'd get punished.
-You don't ASC with Sonic. Handy tool to use.
-You seemed to always spincharge to up-b. Change it up a bit.
- For the love of god, stop dairing, unless you're sure it auto cancels. I ALWAYS punished you in the post-lag.

2) Pickup Jiggs. She was by far your best.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
If you're not using Soinc use Ike!

:ike: I fight for my friends!

Also edit, stickies and search button.

Waterman

Smash Rookie

Waterman
Name: James
Tags: lolsonic
Brawl FC: 3136-6234-7649
MSN or what ever: (AIM) xJamez65x

Yeah, I finally decided to look around these forums.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Name: James
Tags: lolsonic
Brawl FC: 3136-6234-7649
MSN or what ever: (AIM) xJamez65x

Yeah, I finally decided to look around these forums.

Welcome Waterman. Now read the stickies. Also use the search function before you make a topic. If you have a question use the Q&A and rFAQ thread.

Tenki

Smash Hero
The funny CF vs Link fight we had, where you did the boomerang KO that took me like, 1/2 of FD off the edge, and then I did the epic triple special kill on the last stock.

Cinos_Gohegdeh

Smash Apprentice
hmm. cat your good. to tell you the truth i have no best character... im good with all of them. i just seem to be fairly better with sonic.
the reason i played the way i did was to try to confuse you. it failed, but i never got punished... srry

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
hmm. cat your good. to tell you the truth i have no best character... im good with all of them. i just seem to be fairly better with sonic.
the reason i played the way i did was to try to confuse you. it failed, but i never got punished... srry
You Jigglypuff was WAY better than your Sonic.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Man... it seems like at least 1/3 of Sonic mainers are all in the NY area, or really distant.
The only Texan Sonics I know of are Mr. 3000, myself, and you.

Have you gone to any tournaments?

EDIT: You should count your blessings. You're only about 30 miles from Dallas, where alot of the beefyness from Texas come from.

I'm in SA... ;_;

I'm always glad whenever Dojo, Santi, and Hylian come though. That's nice.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Hey Catt want to brawl in a few weeks? the reason I want to brawl in a few weeks is because my WI-FI set-up got delayed and I got a full schedule.

Catt

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, sounds good. Hopefully the lag won't be that bad considering you're a lot closer than most other Sonics... and MUCH closer than NY. Just PM me whenever you get your wifi working.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Yeah, sounds good. Hopefully the lag won't be that bad considering you're a lot closer than most other Sonics... and MUCH closer than NY. Just PM me whenever you get your wifi working.
Yeah I'll PM you and what do you mean by closer than most Sonic's? wait let me guess... do you mean that I like close combat more? (sorry if it's a dumb question).

Top Bottom