• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-The Wi-fi Marth Thread-

Roxas M

Smash Master
GGs bengalsRZ.
your marth is too fast for me to hit. lol
that was the first time i had fun getting 2 stocked.
can you tell me somethings that i need to work on with my marth? i'm getting ready for my first irl tourney in a week.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
ggs dude, you only picked marth like 3 games though >.>

anyways, some quick tips:

-work on getting out of juggle traps, don't just fall and airdodge
-you need to be waay more aggressive with your edgeguarding, you hardly even left the stage
-spacing needs a lot of work
-move selection was very questionable at times
-bad usage of crossups

keep working on it man, you're doin allright

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
yea but then i went link so i could properly evaluate your marth, then we played one marth v link game and you switched to TL and i was just like "**** it im goin marth" lol.

its all good though, good luck at your tourney. just make sure to work on those things

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
How I move fast:

-Fastfall almost everything
-Dashing or jumping after landing

That's not why I'm able to keep myself safe, though. That comes from spacing. The reason you get shieldgrabbed when you double fair is because you land into grab range. If you stay at tipper range, your distance in addition to the shield push back will keep you safe.

Roxas M

Smash Master
and what's the best way to learn better spacing? using your training vids, steel2nd's vid, or something else?
and i noticed that you pivot grab alot. every time i try pivot grabbing i get hit or something.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
and what's the best way to learn better spacing? using your training vids, steel2nd's vid, or something else?
and i noticed that you pivot grab alot. every time i try pivot grabbing i get hit or something.
Go into training mode and hit the character dummy, aim for tippers everytime until you get it down pact. Or you can just play level 3's, which might be slightly better.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Bengalz wants to wifi me and help me get better at the marth ditto but he doesnt know it yet. Also, any marth named Rukikko has the same desire.

I've got 2 new chars to use against you now too Ruki ph33r m3!!!11!111!!!!

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I should be down for some wifi around 11 or 11:30. Anybody? just send me an IM.

Reizilla

once again, anybody down from 11-12? AIM (that's central time, btw)

Reizilla

I'm down for some games for about an hour or so if anybody's up for it. Hit me up on aim, or just respond here.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
anyone wanna play? aim me at xisin14.

I'm only going to hang around for like 20 mins though otherwise im finding something else to do.

Reizilla

GGs, likeness. It was fun playing a peach. haha. maybe we can play some time later this week, xisin?

Tennet

Smash Champion
If there was lag, I didn't really notice it, i'm really used to that small amount of lag. The connection was actually really awesome for me. and I've been to the Bahamas once! I was 3 months old XD

Top Bottom