• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The West MI Thread / Make Plans Here - PM Tourney: Red Edition

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
Yo Sarix it's Tevin I live in Comstock Park could you give me a ride? I could give gas money and I'll PM you my address on fb

Sarix

Smash Ace
Yo Sarix it's Tevin I live in Comstock Park could you give me a ride? I could give gas money and I'll PM you my address on fb
I can give you a ride. I just need to make sure I know which brackets everyone is trying to get into.

EDIT: That way I can plan when to get up.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Looks like TBird and I will be heading down from GR on Saturday with 3 open seats (CockSock and BFlake take priority if they decide to come).

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
so there's a west mi smashboards thread now

niiiice

surprised so many are making their way out to kzoo but this is getting hype. excited for saturday. ****'s about to get real.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Hype for Saturday and ****IN' hype for the weekend of the Tech_Chase. Can't wait to chill with everyone in Muskegon again
Next weekend is going to be ridiculously fun. I've been waiting for a weekend like this for years.

Three days. No worries about tournaments. Partying non-stop.

Its going down.

:yeahboi:

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
out of curiosity, is anyone even remotely considering entering 64? it's only $5 and so far i can only think of like four or five people who are definitely entering so the more the merrier.

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
okay, that would be cool. i mean i guess worse comes to worst we'll just run a round robin if there are too few entrants, but it would be nice to get at least 12-15 players so we could run a real bracket.

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
I take all Smash seriously when I play but not so serious that I'm about to get really pissed off from a lose; even if I'm bodied. Sure I'll be salty but that's part of the game, more or less, and it just makes me force/apply the fighting philosophies of Smash as well as other fighting games better to the match. The way I think of it is that I sat down in front of the television knowing full well what I was walking into, a stocked game (three to four) with eight minutes against someone that may be better than myself with a character that can do probably as many rude things to me as I can do to them, and I'm happy with this setting. I'm not interested in losing so I'm going to utilize all of my options and tools to get into my foe's face whether they think my tactics are cheesy or not. I've been bodied way too much to even think about encouraging myself to take on tactics that have only led to me becoming salty; although admittedly these loses were essential points to teaching me that game. I apply this very same idea to any other fighting game I play of which I play many.

Relevant...

https://www.facebook.com/4iamscience/posts/10101674892808263

I may be attending this weekends Gentlemen's fest so assuming I'm there it'd be all kinds of hype to see all you familiar, and new, faces!

Assuming I show up I'll be with Dan Mndinger (Salty) and whomever else he brings. I'll have a full PM 2.6 set up, four controllers in case anyone needs to borrow one, regardless of whether there's time or space I'll have my 360 with UMvC3 as well as SSFIV:AE and two regular controllers, and I may be able to bring a TV as well.

Asides from the PM 2.6 set up for my Wii I've also got Pokémon Puzzle League if anyone is down for that. Lol I know it's and odd mention but I personally love that **** out of that game.

Lastly, this is me when I'm bodying all of you at Pokémon Puzzle League; assuming of course there's time and space for that game to even be played.

whitmorethetoadpirate

Smash Apprentice
New developments. I DO have a car tomorrow due to the fact that my brother is going to drive a rental instead. So I can pick people up if need be, and I won't be going to work because I'm just gonna call in sick. Oh and I would be leaving that night, not the next morning (just in case you don't want to stay the night).

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
New developments. I DO have a car tomorrow due to the fact that my brother is going to drive a rental instead. So I can pick people up if need be, and I won't be going to work because I'm just gonna call in sick. Oh and I would be leaving that night, not the next morning (just in case you don't want to stay the night).
Hype!!

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I don't know yet! Sarix offered, but I haven't gotten a confirmationnn. And I texted lordy and haven't heard back from him either D:

whitmorethetoadpirate

Smash Apprentice
Well I can definitely pick you up and take you back after it's over, so if they don't answer then just PM me your address/number. Oh and if you want to enter melee doubles then I'll totes team with you.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Okayyy! Since you're responding, I'll ride with you, that way you don't have to do alll the gas money by yourself either, I'm down for melee dubs too

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
MFW I'm not gonna be able to make it to the Smash event this weekend.
; _____________;

Nevertheless life is good, I'll just find some other stuff to do. Lol
Everyone from my circle of peers needs to play especially good since I won't be there to **** talk and cheer y'all on!
>:D

D

Deleted member

You SHOULD feel salty after you lose a match. You need that drive in order to get better. Daigo can say **** like that now because he's a celebrity in Japan and it doesn't matter if he wins or loses.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Wait Kota didn't make it? But I thought he was going with Muskegon and Robjoe... That's too bad. I'm salty about my work johns, I really wanted to make it out to the Gentleman's Open.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Yeah I wanted to go too and get bodied but I had to work. But that was how I was able to get over to Muskegon on Wednesday <3

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Grand Rapids area got dunked on. Playing against real melee players makes me realize how far behind the entire P:M scene is over here. Idk full results though. Gonna put in more work though!

Edit: I hit a button and made my text weird. Woops.

Top Bottom