• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The weak shall not pass

Super Shadow Brawler 99

Smash Apprentice
Basically, do you consider Jigglypuff to be the weakest character in Brawl. No I'm not saying she is, but am curious if other people think she is. I play with her sometimes, but Jigglypuff is the main character that is the easiest to send flying. Also, the search window isn't working for me, so sorry if there are threads already open for this topic.

Glick

Smash Lord
Shes better with great skill. Her matchups aren't very one sided. She is a dull knife, but if your skill is so overwhelming larger then your friend who plays a better character, It will seem like she can contend with the other characters. However in the tourney scene one minor mistake on her part and she gets a lot of problems.

Shes not tourny viable on her own, but with a strong secondary or main she is a great addition. Especially with the matchups you are most familiar with.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You guys think Jiggs would be a more fun way of dealing with Falco/D3 than facing them with Wario? I'm thinking about going Kirby but I have a pretty solid Jigglypuff, so if she can handle them I won't bother with another character.

Wario has to play super campy/boring/gay, and I'd prefer avoiding that if I could.

Veril

Frame Savant
Jiggs is really really good against Diddy and goes about even with DDD and Rob if you're thinking of using her as a CP. I find she does well against ZSS also. Her other matchups range from ok to omfg why?!...

Overall, she's usable with a lot of skill and if you make next to no mistakes. Playable, not fatally flawed and possessing some great attributes, but not a viable character... in vBrawl.

B+ Jiggz fo' evah!

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Basically, do you consider Jigglypuff to be the weakest character in Brawl. No I'm not saying she is, but am curious if other people think she is. I play with her sometimes, but Jigglypuff is the main character that is the easiest to send flying. Also, the search window isn't working for me, so sorry if there are threads already open for this topic.
She is an excellent character in the right hands. She takes an extreme amount of skill to play correctly but like others have said she has little room for errors in combat.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Don't go Jiggs against Falco or King Dedede. I've played good Jigglypuff players and as long as you slow her down and defend your angles, you won't get battered. There is also the fact that you can save BAir to KO her and very low percentages and live to ridiculously high percentages.

Why use Jiggs against Falco when Kirby is a better overall choice? Doesn't seem to make much sense to me... Unless you're attached to light sequences and sound files.

Glick

Smash Lord
If you can read the falco the match up isn't hard at all.
If they are camping just duck and wait for them to approach, they cant chain grab you. watch the spike I guess.
I'm comfortable with the matchup, however last time I played zens falco he destroyed me. He played so weird though. He played it like wolf, with its bairs and such. Wolf ***** jiggz imo.

Its really all a matter of being comfortable with the matchup. Theres no real tactic with many of the matchups besides pure experience.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I wish that were true. Too bad it's probably not.
It's not terribly inaccurate; she can move faster than him in the air, she's not as susceptible to gimps unlike most characters, and we can kill him relatively early.

Plus, D-tilt clanks with 'Nado...

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
So she's no good against Falco then? :(
I haven't played against any crazy good falco's with her so I may not know what I'm talking about, but from what I have played against them, if you're really patient with jiggs you can pretty much avoid the lasers without too much of a problem. Falco can't cg jiggs. And if you play careful, you can make it really hard for falco land a finishing move on you. I don't think jiggs has it too bad against Falco.

Top Bottom