• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wall - Game End.... no one wins?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I felt so bad for you getting blindsided on the last day. I thought "okay, now they'll lynch Seph and I'll have to comb the thread to see who won/lost" and then out of nowhere suspicion on you.
*shrug*
Scum pick the endgame they want.

I mean, I know it's WIFOM, but why on earth would I have killed NH over Seph if I was scum?

Just couldn't shake Orbo's constant (borderline irrational) suspicion of me.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I've wanted to get it but they all had bad british accents when I saw a video and it turned me off of it.
It grows on you very quickly and makes the characters a lot more endearing as a result.

I was off-put at first, but having played through it, it's one of my favorite things about the game. Tried the JP voices as well, and they just don't compare.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
*shrug*
Scum pick the endgame they want.

I mean, I know it's WIFOM, but why on earth would I have killed NH over Seph if I was scum?

Just couldn't shake Orbo's constant (borderline irrational) suspicion of me.
...because Seph was actually lynchable?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
huh. maybe what I should be saying is why would I have killed NH over say JTB

then NH and I can cruise to a Seph lynch and I can laugh the day away

i knew there was some point to what I was saying

(that NH dying after having me as town > unlikely I've killed them)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Day One we played just ahead of the pack enough that we were on no one's **** list for activity and weak enough that we were on no one's **** list for our play in order to slip through a phase with no votes on us. Worked. Past that, figured we'd just play town and get killed, but playing lead to disagreeing with NH which lead to never dying which lead to general disinterest from two busy people.

The idea of holding what little inactives give to the same standard a a player with much more content still rings well in my ears.

I think our activity level was fine for what we were capable of and I think our slot this game is a good example of when NOT to lynch someone for saying "I'll get back to you." It was interesting to need to say that and I did get back unless it became outdated. The time delay, while scummy in some things and definitely not ideal, was interesting.

A select few shoutouts as I don't really care much about most of this:

OS: Really solid premise and I appreciate the work that went into the game. I would play another like this, preferably with less stopping me from playing. My apologies about the last set of night actions. I wanted to check with Kevin about a wall post, so didn't send in my night action on Friday. After that, we were both VLA for a. Tourney the entire night phase. Death Jester, I feel, is a lame role. Had it been even conventional jester after X fufilled condition, I would've either replaced out or claimed my role in thread and played as VT because I strongly oppose that role as an affront to the game. That, however, is a tangent. This role just left us feeling like playing was pointless given the fact that playing to our reads got us lynched and playing against them with the flow got us ignored as we would be following what we assumed scum wanted. Again, thanks for running it. Can I ask what made you choose which flavor for which role?

NH: I strongly disagreed with about everything you did in this game and you were probably the number one reason why I could not do anything to help town in this game. The two heads of your hydra created this horrible, horrible series of interactions with our slot and made me hate you when I really needed to have you as town. I would likely rail against you again in very similar circumstances because the radical difference in the way you treat people let's you switch gears on most slots for free and makes you unreadable. That said, you had results, and I can't argue with that. Work with me sometime, instead of working over me.

JTB: Almost my hero. Keep playing, you are actually good at this game.

Rake: You didn't pin ****. Shoulda let Orbo play this one. That said, you aren't bad either.

Seph: Well played.

Kevin: You are the ****. Let's do it again sometime.

:phone:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It grows on you very quickly and makes the characters a lot more endearing as a result.

I was off-put at first, but having played through it, it's one of my favorite things about the game. Tried the JP voices as well, and they just don't compare.
Wait, you can have JP voices on the same CD? I had read you couldn't.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Since Ryker asked...

Roles:

No Hetero
Overswarm said:
Every single player must write something on The Wall each Night phase, as well as the beginning of the game. You can find the rules for writing on the wall in the first post.

Note that the Wall is more than a gimmick, and it should be treated very carefully. It can be used in many ways: to goof off, to hint at information, to crumb something, to make a statement that couldn't be said out loud.... but know that it's more than just a gimmick.

Also, you have to write. If you don't, you get modkilled. :D

So you need to PM me a PM titled "Wall Writing N0" with what you want to write. Make sure you read the rules prior to posting.

Here's your role:

Town

Global Win condition: Have at least one member alive with this win condition when every member without this global win condition is dead.

Role Name:

Evil Eye

Waller: You MUST choose a player each Night. Each player must make a minimum of ten posts that Day phase. You two may ONLY directly quote each other and MUST quote at least one post of the other’s when making posts; while other posts and players can be referenced, they cannot be quoted using quote tags and it must be preceded by you quoting one of the chosen player’s posts. Should either player not get in the minimum of ten posts before the lynch is set, BOTH players get a permanent MOD vote on their name; this is for the entire game. Should either player fail to quote the other, they get a MOD vote for that Day phase only. The player you use this ability on will be notified privately that they must converse with you.

Individual Win Condition: Use your ability on someone, then have them lynched that Day.
Evil Eye I felt was pretty straightforward. From what I have seen he likes walls.

The purpose of this role was to allow a role to forcefully put emphasis on someone that was hiding and make it painfully obvious if they were avoiding questions. It randomly went to a playerslot that didn't really need it, but them's the breaks.

Ragnarock

Overswarm said:
Town

Global Win condition: Have at least one member alive with this win condition when every member without this global win condition is dead.

Role Name:

Tom

Kingmaker: Once per game, you may make someone King for a day. That player can then choose the lynch immediately at any point in the Day phase. Others can still vote, but the King’s vote is an auto-hammer. If the King vote kills scum, you get this ability back and can use it again.

Individual Win Condition: Use an ability on someone of Town alignment on N2 or afterwards.
Tom has always been kind of the "jock" of DGames. He hasn't really done stuff at a consistently epic level to make people bow down to him, nor has he shown analytical abilities that far surpass everyone else, but he has consistently been a top player without keeping a spotlight on him. On top of all this, he's very socially aware during a game and is able to make other people seem more or less influential, so Kingmaker it was. The role was meant to be a distractor to town primarily when used irresponsibly, although there are obvious ways it could be useful, and its distractive nature was pushed aside by the "use only once" mode.

FullMetalLynch
Town

Role Name:

Nich

Tunnel: When you vote, you can only vote for that player until that player is dead. This is for ALL day phases, so you’re stuck the moment you vote for someone. You cannot vote for No Lynch.

Individual Win Condition: Convince someone to vote for the player of your choice and have that person be lynched the Day. To keep it unambiguous, it is suggested you say “Name, vote for (name)” and fill in the variables or PM the mod to let the mod know you are trying to convince player X. Both you and the player must be on the lynch when the hammer drops, but they cannot be on the lynch when you first join. Keep in mind I'm not a robot, so if you say "unvote so I can convince you to join", it won't count.
Nich is Nich, and he likes to tunnel! This role allows for a player to be a detriment by acting foolishly but also allows for a player to make the decision for everyone, like FML did in lylo. HE picked who was lynched, no exceptions. Had he voted for someone, everyone else just has to deal with it. This can be useful or bad.

Inferno3044
Overswarm said:
Town

Role Name:

Swiss

Chaos: Each Night, you may pick a player. You will switch Individual Win Conditions with that player ONLY if they haven’t already completed their win condition. This includes Mafia. Any actual completion of their old individual win condition is negated, even if they get it back.

You do NOT have to complete their individual win condition, only your primary. The win condition you switch with will replace a fake win condition listed at the bottom, and it is only there for switching purposes.

Individual Win Condition: Have a player you switched Win Conditions with die without completing their new win condition.

Individual Win Condition you give the first person you use Chaos on: Be the hammer vote of a lynch at least two days before deadline. (since they don’t have the Chaos ability)
A fun role that I hoped would last longer, and pretty much a ******* role. The actions here don't really fit Swiss, but I felt the mentality behind it did. If Swiss was given the opportunity to guarantee a person would have a more difficult time to win, but he'd be given some information, if he felt it would be amusing to him he'd do it imo.

WatchTheThrone

Overswarm said:
Independent:

FrozenFlame

Interpret: Each Night phase you may pick two phrases on The Wall; you will know who wrote them.

Observe: Once during the game, at Night you may observe a player; you will be told if they killed anyone or, if they are killed, who killed them.

Individual Win Conditions:
1. Be Night Killed by scum; NOT lynched or endgamed.
2. Choose three players at the beginning of the game; at least one of those players must survive longer than you
3. Have 0 votes on you at the end of a Day phase you are alive

You must meet all three win conditions to win.

I was thinking about FF and how he always gets NKilled by scum and realized how difficult it actually is to MAKE scum NKill you, and made it an indy. The "three players" bit wasn't particularly difficult if you know DGames.

"1. Marshy/Nabe (No Hetero)
2. Soup
3. JTB"

Were the choices given to me and other than Soup dying right away, No Hetero and JTB were both end game players.

Kary

Overswarm said:
Town

Role Name:

J

Investigate: Choose a player. You will see that person’s Individual Win Condition. If there is more than one, you see the first listed.

Individual Win Condition: You must save at least one person that isn’t you from being lynched. When that person is L-3, you must openly proclaim they shouldn’t be lynched and vote for a different player; as long as that person isn’t lynched that Day phase you will have completed your win condition. Do not be ambiguous.

J has always been an opinionated player and has always lacked the manipulative aspect that most players have. Many will just let someone they think is town die just so they don't put undue attention on themselves whether right or wrong, but J rarely shys from this.

JTB

Overswarm said:
Every single player must write something on The Wall each Night phase, as well as the beginning of the game. You can find the rules for writing on the wall in the first post.

Note that the Wall is more than a gimmick, and it should be treated very carefully. It can be used in many ways: to goof off, to hint at information, to crumb something, to make a statement that couldn't be said out loud.... but know that it's more than just a gimmick.

So you need to PM me a PM titled "Wall Writing N0" with what you want to write. Make sure you read the rules prior to posting.

Here's your role:

Town

Role Name:

Marshy

Confident Coercion: Choose two players. Player A is unable to be lynched that Day while Player B starts with two MOD votes on them for that day phase.

Individual Win Condition: You must start the wagon on or hammer at least one scum before endgame. Should you start the wagon on or hammer three or more town, you cannot complete this win condition.

Note: Being at the start of the wagon implies being there during the hammer; if you voted for someone, then unvoted, then you are not the start of the wagon.
Marshy is similar to Tom with the weight he brings to a game and has the tendency to determine town's direction on his opinion alone, sans evidence. I thought that'd be good to arbitrarily give someone that power.

Kantrip

Overswarm said:

Here's your role:

Town

Role Name:

Overswarm

Unlynchable: If you are lynched, the lynch will fail. This occurs for the first lynch attempt on you only.

Individual Win Condition: Die before endgame. If you survive to endgame, you lose. MODkills do not count towards this win condition. Keep in mind you still have to beat your global win condition to win

ALTERNATIVE Win Condition: Be at least L-2 two Day phases in a row and not have a hammer vote on you; this can only occur when the player amount doesn't automatically put you at L-2.

Note: This does not mean L-2 at the end of the day phase, but rather getting to L-2 and then not being hammered.

This is meta as I rarely get lynched but more often NKilled, but do often get pressure on me early game before discarding it to survive late game. More importantly is an obvious thing that would be taken note by players since I'm the MOD that made the role, putting extra emphasis on the slot that can be used by the player with the role.

Macman

Overswarm said:

Here's your role:

Town

Role Name:

Nabe

Scrawl: Each Night you may write two separate phrases on The Wall. You are only forced to write one.

Guess: Each Night you may attribute one of the phrases on the Wall from a previous phase to a player. If your guess is correct, The Wall will repeat that phrase the following Night, this time with the player’s name attached.

Lie Detector: Each Night you may pick a phrase on The Wall from the previous phase and determine if it is a Lie. No one else knows you have this ability.

Individual Win Condition: Catch a lie written on the wall. Keep in mind that ambiguous things such as “I think Player X is scum” or nonsense messages like “Helloooooo New York!” can’t be determined as lies.
Nabe has been a speculative player in the past and if I had to give him two words they'd be "What if..."; the emphasis in this role isn't that he knows who writes what and who is lying, but rather that he'd attempt to find out as a curiosity.

Handorin

Overswarm said:

Here's your role:

Town

Role Name:

Ryker

Devilsh Offer: Each Night, you may choose a player. Upon doing so you will lose the ability to vote, but the player you choose will become a double voter when voting for someone of your choosing.

Ghost: upon your death, you will still be a part of the game. You cannot vote and cannot write on The Wall while dead but may still use your abilities and post in game.

Individual Win Condition: While dead, convince one person to lynch someone of your choosing via your ability. You must PM the MOD when using your Night Action.
Ryker has had influence past his death in several games and gave me the idea of a "ghost" role. That said, he's never been particularly great about convincing people to listen to him and I wanted that kind of "deadlock" aspect in it so I removed this roles vote when using their ability by granting it to someone else. Basically the equivalent of you trying to convince someone to vote for someone in particularl.

Mafia

Overswarm said:
!

1) Kill every member that isn’t part of your group, or get the game to a point where this is the only possible outcome (not accounting for suicide via modkills and other ilk)
2) Go through a Night phase without anyone dying while a member of Town is still alive (Vanderzant's win condition)
This one isn't particularly Vanderzant but was something I felt as necessary for their wincon to balance the game.

3) Pick a lynch target by PMing the MOD during the Night phase, then that player being successfully lynched the next phase. This can be of any alignment. (you can make your guess every night) (Gheb's win condition)
Gheb has projected who would be lynched the following Day before all information was revealed and that stuck with me, so I used it in his role.

4) Solve one of The Wall’s puzzles for town (Pierre the Scarecrow's win condition)
My experience with Pierre was that he was very analytical which fit the Puzzle aspect. This role was originally going to be Macman but I wanted a more "unknown" role to be in the mafia to make people look at it more suspiciously.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
while i'm here, puzzle answers plz

:D
You'll have to link me to the puzzles you want answered. :B

The Fibonacci one was funny though, given that the third fibonacci number is 2. (F0 = 0, F1 = 1, F2 = 1, F3 = 2) but someone in thread forgot that FNumbers start with 0 and thought it was 1 and threw everyone off track.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yeah but its a role that is entirely reliant on another faction that's the only problem I have with it and roles of a similar nature. Even as a strong presence its up another faction if you live and win or they keep you around for other reasons

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Didn't say it wasn't hard, but it is definitely possible. Literally everyone who was NKilled by scum could have won via your role.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
dont take it too hard orbo, i know my gut read on seph wasn't really well explained lol. i almost voted seph too when i wrote up my post. Still no regrets though.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
@Ryker, the reason I stayed on you as long as I did was because you weren't here actively, but were continuously saying you would be, and projecting muscle onto the game ("Don't let NH do X before I get back, make sure Y claims" etc.) which had no in-thread connection to the gameplay I was seeing. Marshy and I both saw this disconnect as a play on thread power for the sake of thread power, and I thought it meant you had something you needed to maintain thread power for.

Considering your wincon, I think I was correct in that, because obviously you need to have a presence to get nightkilled, and when you claimed as much I knew it had to be the truth. That's why I supported your claim of investigative the Dayend before you died and called you a clear. If you'd been alive the following Day, I'd have pushed on you as mafia, owing to your bizarre voting pattern D2 wrt July, and you being the only player to actively support Raztown D1 onward.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Surprised you think Raztown would be a scumtell. WIFOM and all, I still don't see myself holding onto a sinking ship that late into the game.

Literally did not read July hammered because stupid, STUPID situation.

I didn't want you running away with the game when I had no reason to like you. I kept calling for a loss in your thread power, moreso than a gain in my own (a useful side effect).

It baffled me that you would call me out for trying to muscle through when I always eventually backed my statements up, but you never once responded to anyone's request or reasoning on Raz. I really wish I had gotten that post you eventually made the first time I asked for it. I may not have gotten frustrated and all but disappeared.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
my favorite part is on D1 where kary said seph couldn't be scum because of how he was posting.

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU

Not LEAST because if you ask me what I think of a scumread with thread power mid Day 1, I am NEVER going to call them scum, because it tips them off brings unwanted attention to my slot.

And OF COURSE that read is going to change from mid Day 1.

GRAH

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
or you know you could just call them scum and dare them to come at you.
what rake said^
why the **** wouldn't you bring up someone's scumminess early on?
Uh, you're ****ting me?

So before I have any means of convincing people that a player is scum, and haven't seen enough to decide whether they are scum or not, I should put what I see them doing out in the open? So then they can just change what they're doing and discredit me?

Whenever I brought up something grody Seph did (gross push on Soup, weird play w.r.t. 'guilty' D2) I ws shouted down anyways, because people had him as town.

The point still stands that it is ridiculous for you to hold me to a cautionary read made in the middle of Day 1

and I don't want to be having this argument.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

and i didnt say put what they were doing out in the open. I said call them scum and tell them to come at you. There's a distinct difference between the two

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
well that just seems unnecessary

and probably not wise given I was trying to swing a scumJuly lynch at the time.

but
what
you
gonna
do

(make me dayvig)

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

i've actually found doing it seems to oddly quell scummy slots from taking a run at me.
My hypothesis is that by calling them out in such a way, it sends them the message that they are going to have to dig deep and do a lot of twisting / maneuvering in order for their push on me to get anywhere.

Mainly like a : i'm not afraid of what you could come up with, so either do it or get outta my face type deal

also aggressiveness helps. Look how i went at Ryker D2, i was baiting him for a reaction by calling out his hando push the way i did

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
what rake said^
why the **** wouldn't you bring up someone's scumminess early on?
Because then they wont nk you. Anyways people can always re evaluate. Or maybe you are cop and dont wany their attention.

Top Bottom