• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wall - Game End.... no one wins?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You asked if all win conditions had been met; I cannot answer that for people nor would I have time to double check everything for everyone until endgame.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
/brofist nabe*

btw kary i dont hate you i just talk **** about people when they get in my way. your reaction to sephs confidence wrt july makes perfect sense considering the investigative role you had. hadnt hit me at the time

this was fun but i couldnt stand watching people **** off into their own little worlds doing dumb **** left and right hardbody for the sake of reaching their wincon. people trying to get themselves lynched? people ignoring their reads just to hammer *****es (im totally not guilty of ever doing this...) with the game on the line? people waiting to hit their indy wincon to start playing the game? good GORF seph i personally thank you for killing me when you did

Overswarm

is laughing at you
this was fun but i couldnt stand watching people **** off into their own little worlds doing dumb **** left and right hardbody for the sake of reaching their wincon. people trying to get themselves lynched? people ignoring their reads just to hammer *****es (im totally not guilty of ever doing this...) with the game on the line? people waiting to hit their indy wincon to start playing the game? good GORF seph i personally thank you for killing me when you did
That's the point! ^_^

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
also when marshy told me what his power was he misrepresented it as Nich's, which made me pretty mad

actual power is appreciable

EDIT: not actually mad, but y'know, "God damn it, OS"

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I was scum, cool :cool:

N1: Xenoblade is a fantastic game. Any fans?
Me me me me me me!

Is xenoblade the wii version? If so I'd buy it because I was interested but i haven't played other games in the series. Im gonna play xenogears soon but I need to find out how to put a PS1 emulator on my PS3. If anyone knows how that'd be nice. Too much money would come out of my pocket if I bought them from the PSN store and some games I want aren't on there (MMX series, parappa)

:phone:
Yes they're not related. Just go Xenoblade, it's probably my favourite JRPG of all time.

I've wanted to get it but they all had bad british accents when I saw a video and it turned me off of it.
I found them quite refreshing, british accents are quite uncommon in videogames.

Wait, you can have JP voices on the same CD? I had read you couldn't.
Before you start the game you can select which voice actors (JP/English) you'd like to play with. However I'm pretty sure you have to do this before you start a new save file, and you can't change it once you start the game (unless you start on a new file).

But yeah more people should play it! I'm on New Game+ trying to do a 100% run and in total I've put about 170 hours into it.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
btw kary i dont hate you i just talk **** about people when they get in my way. your reaction to sephs confidence wrt july makes perfect sense considering the investigative role you had. hadnt hit me at the time
no sweat; I thought Seph mis-played the guilty full stop, of course knowing there were 2-3 investigatives kind rang alarm bells i'll admit.

This sentiment, I agree with. Not only was there IMO too much going on(indy wincons & puzzles & wall writings) that wasn't scumhunting, having individual wincons that directly messed with Day play (you need to die etc.) doesn't really sit well with me. I'd set myself up to get my indy wincon out the way on my first post, and when that fell through I more or less went 'sod this'.

I could say more, but i'm sure OS already has a grand, grim vision for the future.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I've thought about getting xenoblade but I heard british voices and heard it was very "auto attack" friendly and avoided it. I already finished FFXII with one hand, I don't need to go through that again.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You auto constantly but it's not at all the focus of combat. Every character sets 8 artes on various cooldowns, such that there's only nothing happening if you choose a lot of high-CD abilities.

To say you just stand there and auto is just false.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If they attack automatically in any fashion it is a large step backwards

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That's an incredibly narrow minded opinion given that it isn't at all the focus of combat, which boasts a lot of depth in the break/topple/daze system in addition to all the various Arte effects.

But sure, go ahead and miss out on an amazing RPG because of your misconceptions.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I've done the whole "games that play themselves" thing, it never really appealed to me. Sounds like they just took an MMO model and applied it to a single player RPG

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It doesn't play itself.

You will get absolutely hard-bodied if you think the game can play itself.

Have you actually looked at gameplay AT ALL or are you just going off what you've heard?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I've looked at it on youtube, didn't seem like anything particularly special

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well fine, if you want to be so obstinate when multiple people are telling you it's good, then that's your loss I guess.

Every person I know who has played it has loved it.

/out

Inferno3044

Smash Master
To defend Overswarm, I hate FFXII for the exact same reason. That game literally played itself and I was so bored I didn't even finish it. That literally had auto everything. Basic attacks, spells, abilities, and you could even mark it by certain conditions of the enemy or ally. Not saying that this has anything to do with Xenoblade because I haven't seen/played it. Might pick it up over winter break because my wii is at home.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Os, sharing your initial opinion, I will say I was pleasantly surprised and that it outdoes it's appearence.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That's good to hear. Might end up getting it way down the line... I have many, many games to get through and the Wii U is coming out in November.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I've thought about getting xenoblade but I heard british voices and heard it was very "auto attack" friendly and avoided it. I already finished FFXII with one hand, I don't need to go through that again.
Hey OS what were you doing with the other...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You say that as if the Wii U has a launch title worth giving a damn about.
It does, I play a lot of non-competitive games with friends and my younger cousins like playing with new technology. Money isn't an issue for me so I can buy it on launch with no problems.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I suppose that's fair. There's really nothing at launch that I'm interested in that I can't already get elsewhere.

First thing that's likely to come out that I want is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I know that feeling Os. I literally have about 5 brand new games Wii/3ds games I havent played, and ive preordered the Wii U.

Raz is right about the XB battle system. It definitely doesnt play itself and is a lot of fun. It's also very balanced in terms of the characters different strengths and almost every single party combination is viable. The game also frequently gives you the ability to fight enemies that are at much higher levels than your own, which takes a lot of precision in both pre battle planning and timing your arts correctly.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
OS I know this is late but I've been thinking and I wonder why there's no MVP.

I think I played to the best of my ability. Slumps are July's wincon (which I couldn't help and I even tried to complete the one I knew) and Kary pressuring me (who was the only player in the playerlist with a scumread on me and was consciously left alive because I had more credibility, not to mention, WtT's death (which was out of my control once again) prevented me from putting the pressure on him that I wanted to).

At this point, this is mostly for self evaluation. Elaboration, please?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
He considered it and even I would, given the circumstances. Seph is one of the few people I can see actually making that post for critique as opposed to MvP hopes.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I doubt OS is gonna give mvp to a losing side and well... everyone lost.
I don't see why when I did everything I could to make my faction win given what I've been told. Even going as far as completing the win condition that I thought I was given without flaw.

Besides, it's probably impossible to even get MVP at this stage. I just want elaboration.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I don't see why when I did everything I could to make my faction win given what I've been told. Even going as far as completing the win condition that I thought I was given without flaw.

Besides, it's probably impossible to even get MVP at this stage. I just want elaboration.
I feel a little bad because I'm the technicality behind your not win. I like you, would totally hydra with you if you would be active, and thought you played great. I ****ed July up and NH got Raz but nobody alive was able to get you.

Then again, you NK'd me (get baited :cool:) and if you didn't I would've caught you and I would've gotten MVP. I was pretty sure you were scum when you said you knew July's changed win-con.

Top Bottom