• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unofficial " I Play Brawl Better When I..." Thread

DUB

Smash Lord
Was curious to see what other smashers do while or before they play Brawl, to help them play better. Any rituals, habits? Let me know!

I myself like to pack a fat chaw dip. ;)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, I tend to put my favorite CD and play it while playing Brawl, it somehow makes me enjoy playing it.

LRS

Smash Rookie
COFFEE LOTS OF COFFEE YAAA ***< AAAA

Then again coffee helps with everything...=\

Revven

FrankerZ
1) When I'm focused on my opponent, my eyes are always glued onto him, watching his every move.

2) When I'm not frustrated or angry over someone picking MK and beating me all the time because of them using MK (which I CAN beat, but, not very often) where if they pick any other character, they lose to me. Or just being frustrated in general.

3) When I want combos and intend to get the craziest crap ever in a match.

A_man13

Smash Master
Well, I tend to put my favorite CD and play it while playing Brawl, it somehow makes me enjoy playing it.
Similar case for me. I, for one, like listening to "King P's theme" (the rock version of Pokey's theme from mother 3) when I brawl.

mostwins

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4742-8002-0115
I'm gonna agree with the TC here. nothing beats throwing in a big fat lip and playin some brawl

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥I play better when I

♥Relax
♥am with friends
♥ when the brawl stage is playing good music. ;)

SoraOwnsAll

Smash Apprentice
I play better when I :

-Play with friends
-Am playing a match just for the hell of it, with or without items
-Whenever something good just happened (Aceing a test or getting something I really wanted)
-Whenever I'm not stressing about an upcoming event.

blaaa

Smash Cadet
I play better one I spin around counterclockwise 20 times and then play with my arms raised high above my head for the rest of the match well doing jumping jacks just with only my feet

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I play better after one match...I always have to play one match before I get back into the full drift...

Also it probably helps when I want to KILL my opponent, not just knock him to the blastzone.

ook

Smash Lord
I don't know if it really makes me play better, but I always wear my best shirt (Brett Favre jersey) and go barefoot to tournaments. :bee:

AAP

Smash Journeyman
i play best when i'm sucking on my vaporizer. Makes me much less aggro.
Gettin high use to ruin me with melee cause i didn't react fast enough.
But with brawl this ****s so slow it makes sense when your stoned

marktenshi

Smash Rookie
I could play Melee WAY better when I was drunk, absolutely serious; I beat another guy in my residence when he thought he was the ****, he was Marth and I was Link, I owned him lol

I just can't do that for Brawl......but having sick techno playing pumps me up

mobilisq

Smash Ace
i play best when i'm sucking on my vaporizer. Makes me much less aggro.
Gettin high use to ruin me with melee cause i didn't react fast enough.
But with brawl this ****s so slow it makes sense when your stoned
heard that

SirKibble

Smash Champion
^ Now that's just weird... O.o

I was gonna say I play best when I'm standing on my head, but it looks like a fair number of people have already exhausted some good joke answers.

Seriously, I play best when I care just enough, but not too much. Enough that I'm making an effort to play well, but not so much that my only goal is to win.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I play better when I'm at a stage with my favroite music. That's why when I Brawl with my Wii, I NEVER lose. :D

Falcord

Smash Apprentice
When I'm listening to a specific song, depending on the character.

The song should have a rythm that goes well with the specific char. For example:

->Diddy Kong: All sorts of ska music.
->Ganondorf: Nightwish.
->Lucario: Linkin Park.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
When I'm not paying as much attention, I play better. It's easier for me because I'm not putting all my focus into it, not thinking to hard. When I try harder then I don't play as well as I'd want to.

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
1. after I play a song or two on Guitar Hero to warm-up my fingers

2. after I drink a can of Mountain Dew or another cafinated soda or energy drink (especially a Ginseng shooter, REALLY keeps you focussed)

3. when I'm relaxed with a slight shiver of stress going down my spine (sounds crazy, but that combonation really works for me)

Top Bottom