• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

DraconicPsycho

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DraconicPsycho
I'm getting back into smash, but every time I do any kind of match (For glory, Tourney) I get destroyed, taunted and insulted. It makes wanting to play smash very difficult.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I'm getting back into smash, but every time I do any kind of match (For glory, Tourney) I get destroyed, taunted and insulted. It makes wanting to play smash very difficult.
If you don't play, you will never become skilled at the game.

You should keep playing if you really want to be good at the game. Never give up. Also i recommend using Anther's Ladder or going to tournaments as you will get better advice if you ask. For Glory is not very good.

Last edited:

Buuman

Smash Ace
Hey brother! Welcome to the smash scene :)

Listen: You're going to have haters, no matter what. As soon as you let outside **** influence you, you lose.

As far as getting destroyed: That's how you get better man. I WISH I could lose as much as I used to. It's when you lose (no matter what area of life) that you learn lessons. You learn more from losing than winning.

I suggest practicing your tech skill and playing people that are around your level if you can.

Hope this helped ;)

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Well...I was going to get on here and complain about something, but compared to you guys' problems, mine just seems petty

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well...I was going to get on here and complain about something, but compared to you guys' problems, mine just seems petty
Go ahead and complain. Doesn't matter how petty as long as you're unhappy. This is the Unhappy Thread afterall.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
My stepmom's just being annoying. She doesn't like my hairstyle. I do. So she proceeded to tell me that "I look like a homeless kid, and that no girl will ever like me because my hair looks bad." That was a few days ago, but I still haven't spoken to her(my parents are divorced, and I'm at my mom's house, not my dad's)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
My stepmom's just being annoying. She doesn't like my hairstyle. I do. So she proceeded to tell me that "I look like a homeless kid, and that no girl will ever like me because my hair looks bad." That was a few days ago, but I still haven't spoken to her(my parents are divorced, and I'm at my mom's house, not my dad's)
My mom tells me that I'm too fat and that no girl will ever like me. :|

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Yeah, parents are stupid, but deep down they love us and think that they're helping(most of the time)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I've been doing better in college though it's still stressful as hell. Tons of studying just so I can barely pass. My first semester wasn't the best so I have to work extra hard so I can meet the GPA requirement for one of my scholarships. If I don't do that good, I won't be able to pay off my debts and I'll look like an idiot. I sometimes wish I didn't go to college and just got a job right after high school.

DoomCake196

Smash Apprentice
I some how get dragged into drama at school, I couldn't watch puns because my parents don't want me to watch game tourneys and my science grade dropped.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Thanks for your advice. I actually met up with her last night and she told me how much she missed me and such and she was really nice. So I'm thinking maybe it's all in my head or something. But she's like this sometimes. Sometimes there will be times where she really likes me and wants to hang out with me but other times she wants nothing to do with me.
Hey man,

I feel for you brother and honestly..I'm saying this from a place of massive heart because it's the whole reason I've started Player 1..

It's really all in your head - there come's a point when you've been friends with a girl for so long that it's nearly impossible to shift it into more than a just friends thing.

There is a way though. I used to be a national player in smash and was a virgin for the lonnnnnnnnnnnnngest time and finally decided to master the area of dating.

Currently I've dated and ****ed close to perfect 10's in my opinion. This is kinda a touchy topic though so feel free to message me as I'd love be your online wingman

Buuman

Smash Ace
Hey man,

I feel for you brother and honestly..I'm saying this from a place of massive heart because it's the whole reason I've started Player 1..

It's really all in your head - there come's a point when you've been friends with a girl for so long that it's nearly impossible to shift it into more than a just friends thing.

There is a way though. I used to be a national player in smash and was a virgin for the lonnnnnnnnnnnnngest time and finally decided to master the area of dating.

Currently I've dated and ****ed close to perfect 10's in my opinion. This is kinda a touchy topic though so feel free to message me as I'd love be your online wingman

Buuman

Smash Ace
For those of you who are want some lady advice..I've been there man :(

I was a fat virgin professional smash player till I was 21.

I'm gonna be super blunt here: There are a few keys to getting that girl that you want

1. You gotta honestly view yourself as your number one fan. One of the biggest take aways I ever had was as soon as I changed how I viewed myself..everything else fell into place. This might sound pretty gay to some of you but I assure you this is a fact of life..
"People feel about YOU how you feel about you" - ie. gotta love yourself man. Even if that means doing some things that feel more in alignment with what you KNOW you should be doing.

2. Make your intent clear. If you find her attractive..TELL HER THAT. Just in doing so you'll be ahead of 96% of dudes who just try to be friends and aren't blunt. Be completely authentic and be completely open with why you're talking to her.

3. Don't be Mr. Nice Guy - I had to force myself to tease girls more and challenge them as well as stand my ground for my own opinions even if they disagreed. This key is KING. Don't be afraid of the tension. That tension causes attraction ;)

I hope this helped boys!

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
For those of you who are want some lady advice..I've been there man :(

I was a fat virgin professional smash player till I was 21.

I'm gonna be super blunt here: There are a few keys to getting that girl that you want

1. You gotta honestly view yourself as your number one fan. One of the biggest take aways I ever had was as soon as I changed how I viewed myself..everything else fell into place. This might sound pretty gay to some of you but I assure you this is a fact of life..
"People feel about YOU how you feel about you" - ie. gotta love yourself man. Even if that means doing some things that feel more in alignment with what you KNOW you should be doing.

2. Make your intent clear. If you find her attractive..TELL HER THAT. Just in doing so you'll be ahead of 96% of dudes who just try to be friends and aren't blunt. Be completely authentic and be completely open with why you're talking to her.

3. Don't be Mr. Nice Guy - I had to force myself to tease girls more and challenge them as well as stand my ground for my own opinions even if they disagreed. This key is KING. Don't be afraid of the tension. That tension causes attraction ;)

I hope this helped boys!
Protip: If you're going to post, post it all in one message bro. It's against the rules to double post.

D

Deleted member

Hey man,

Haha thanks for that - I am a girl though and it was more of a friendship problem, not a girl I was into xD No worries though everything is fine!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't even know where to go to even meet girls. I've been to clubs, bars, barnes and nobles, etc.

I'm not sure

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I don't even know where to go to even meet girls. I've been to clubs, bars, barnes and nobles, etc.

I'm not sure
Barnes and Nobles always works for me. Kappa
I'm not sure either, but maybe try your school/work/collage. That's where I met my gf.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Been feeling a little bit depressed and worried lately.

I know I had a relaxing two week Easter break, but I'm getting more concerned about my Business Studies class since my teacher is away ill since last month and I'm not 100% sure if I am going to get the notes I need to prepare for the exam coming up within May/June.

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
You can set up games with people here or play friendlies on Another's Ladder. I find that a lot more enjoyable than random matches.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
You can set up games with people here or play friendlies on Another's Ladder. I find that a lot more enjoyable than random matches.
Yup, even if you get bodied on athers, at least they can try to tell you what you need to improve on.

ScrapHeap

Smash Cadet
Been feeling a little bit depressed and worried lately.

I know I had a relaxing two week Easter break, but I'm getting more concerned about my Business Studies class since my teacher is away ill since last month and I'm not 100% sure if I am going to get the notes I need to prepare for the exam coming up within May/June.
Bruh. My 'team' for my Communications class hasn't even talked to me, and a three-week project is due.
TOMORROW.
I did my part but if it isn't all done then we all fail. I'm so worried.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of want to get in contact with this girl I hung out with last year. I haven't seen her since November.

However, my main problem was I felt like I never really knew her. Everyone time I thought I figured out something she liked we had in common it really wasn't something we could have a conversation about.

It also kind of bugged me she had a lot different tastes in food than me. I like to experience new tastes and textures to try and find something new and interesting to like. Experience other cultures. She liked pizza, burgers and taco bell. I had a really hard time trying to figure out places to go to. And she always wanted me to pick some place, but kind of rejected almost every idea I came up with.

Our "relationship" ...using the word too strongly, seemed to be based solely on having gone to the same college years ago and talking briefly and knowing some of the same people without really connecting.

Although I had a fun time long boarding with her and I had always wanted to find a girl to longboard with. During that period when we longboarded I THOUGHT we were starting to connect more.

--

I kind of wonder if we started loosing connection because I never tried to engage in sexual contact.

Edit:

OMG, I think she actually liked me. I remember how she posting on facebook how it sucked to be friendzoned, and it was at that time she started showing less interest in hanging out.

She thinks I friendzoned her because I didn't make a move fast enough

I figured it was some other guy because "Who could like me?"

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I kind of want to get in contact with this girl I hung out with last year. I haven't seen her since November.

However, my main problem was I felt like I never really knew her. Everyone time I thought I figured out something she liked we had in common it really wasn't something we could have a conversation about.

It also kind of bugged me she had a lot different tastes in food than me. I like to experience new tastes and textures to try and find something new and interesting to like. Experience other cultures. She liked pizza, burgers and taco bell. I had a really hard time trying to figure out places to go to. And she always wanted me to pick some place, but kind of rejected almost every idea I came up with.

Our "relationship" ...using the word too strongly, seemed to be based solely on having gone to the same college years ago and talking briefly and knowing some of the same people without really connecting.

Although I had a fun time long boarding with her and I had always wanted to find a girl to longboard with. During that period when we longboarded I THOUGHT we were starting to connect more.

--

I kind of wonder if we started loosing connection because I never tried to engage in sexual contact.
Doubt it's because you never tried engaging in sexual contact. Otherwise how do you connect with friends you aren't interested in romantically? It takes effort from both sides to maintain relationships, whether it's the friendship kind or romantic kind. If you know the kinds of food she likes, sometimes you have to make the effort to choose those types of places. Are there anything else you have in common besides longboarding? There are friends I haven't seen in a few years that I still text once in a while. If you want to maintain any type of relations, I'd say the best way is if you continue to take the initiative to communicate. I still make an effort to talk to my college friends once in a while even if they live far from me.

Minor sadness, but I was hoping to meet a friend one-on-one before I leave. She asked if it was fine to invite more of the guys we knew who live around our area. I told her sure because I knew she'd probably feel more comfortable doing so. It would be awkward if I said no considering she already rejected me a few years ago. We're still friends though, and I do enjoy the company of the guy friends she was referring to.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Doubt it's because you never tried engaging in sexual contact. Otherwise how do you connect with friends you aren't interested in romantically? It takes effort from both sides to maintain relationships, whether it's the friendship kind or romantic kind. If you know the kinds of food she likes, sometimes you have to make the effort to choose those types of places. Are there anything else you have in common besides longboarding? There are friends I haven't seen in a few years that I still text once in a while. If you want to maintain any type of relations, I'd say the best way is if you continue to take the initiative to communicate. I still make an effort to talk to my college friends once in a while even if they live far from me.

Minor sadness, but I was hoping to meet a friend one-on-one before I leave. She asked if it was fine to invite more of the guys we knew who live around our area. I told her sure because I knew she'd probably feel more comfortable doing so. It would be awkward if I said no considering she already rejected me a few years ago. We're still friends though, and I do enjoy the company of the guy friends she was referring to.
We kind of do. Vaguely.

Like, liking the same genre of stuff, but not actually the exact thing in the genre.

Like...She likes manga, but it's not ones I like. She likes similar music, but not the bands I like. She likes some video games, and even has a mario ringtone on her phone. But, usually different games and hasn't played a mario game in years so is unfamiliar with them. Like I said, I kind of feel I never really got to know her.

Mostly I wonder if it'd be weird to try and talk with her again. What if she is going out with someone now?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
We kind of do. Vaguely.

Like, liking the same genre of stuff, but not actually the exact thing in the genre.

Like...She likes manga, but it's not ones I like. She likes similar music, but not the bands I like. She likes some video games, and even has a mario ringtone on her phone. But, usually different games and hasn't played a mario game in years so is unfamiliar with them. Like I said, I kind of feel I never really got to know her.

Mostly I wonder if it'd be weird to try and talk with her again. What if she is going out with someone now?
Doesn't hurt to try talking to her again. If she's going out with someone, then I guess you can still be friends. Sometimes I will contact people again after long periods of no contact. It's only as weird as you and the other person make it out to be. Sometimes I'll get a response and sometimes I won't.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I contacted the girl through facebook. I think it might have been a mistake.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
So, apparently the girl I have had a HUGE crush on REALLY likes my BEST friend who also REALLY likes her.

I guess I did it to myself, though. I introduced them to each other.

NekoTony

Tips are allowed
NNID
Cheesezwheel
3DS FC
5430-1364-8542
Basically i have this very sad life (so far) and i want to share it but i'm too depressed right now due to watching the news so i'll tell you guys tommorow,,

ScrapHeap

Smash Cadet
NOW I'm sad that no matter how hard I try I can't do the cool tech stuff. I can't get a handle on it because nothing tells me explicitly how it's done, and tutorials don't help because I'm not being taught. Nobody around where I live wants to help me either because they're off doing their own thing and I'm basically only left with the option of teaching myself. Which sucks because, like I said before, I don't know how to get a handle on the aforementioned tech stuff.

Basically I'm sad because i'm bad and nobody will help me, and tutorials don't do it for me either.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
51 weekdays until my programming course is finished. I can't handle going there for 51 more minutes, think about 51 days.
It honestly depresses me to look at how big that number still is. 51 weekdays from now on points to June 28th. It kinda feels like we have a small eternity until then.
I don't even remember, but I think I might've said this before in this thread. That course has literally been nothing but a waste of my time since I started it more than a year ago. I just want the torture to end already.

Other than that, I'm doing really badly in Physics, I had a terrible week in general (those who know me or atleast keep up with my posts probably know atleast part of the reason, in this case, it really wouldn't be ethical to say why), and I noticed that my sight is getting cloudy already. Like, this is seriously worrying me.

Aife

Smash Apprentice
got in a car accident in a parking lot; and due to right of way laws I'm at fault. Not particularly happy about it tbh...

I think Visibility should count for more in such a debate but its harder to get facts on that, so I guess it's just useless.

*sigh* and today started out so good.

saladtossfalcon

Smash Rookie
My high school sucks, basically 1/4 of the school doesn't identify with a gender, another 1/4 are ghettofags, and the the other 1/4 are ****bois. Everyone hates me, they pick on me, and they think I'm homicidal simply because I ignore all of them. Everyone is an asshole, and my life is terrible.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
So...now my best friend and the girl I have had a HUGE crush on for a REALLY long time are now dating.

CalamitySB

Smash Cadet
Having garbage internet. I love having to go to my local college to do anything aside from the occasional posting and Youtube. Especially when the only option is too move out, but free rent and food is a pretty sweet deal that makes the sadness the best option.

Also, stagnation. Nothing is happening for about four months that's worth noting and that's just saddening to think about.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
My high school sucks, basically 1/4 of the school doesn't identify with a gender, another 1/4 are ghettofags, and the the other 1/4 are ****bois. Everyone hates me, they pick on me, and they think I'm homicidal simply because I ignore all of them. Everyone is an *******, and my life is terrible.
Well, what's the problem with the people that "Don't identify with a gender"?

CalamitySB

Smash Cadet
Well, what's the problem with the people that "Don't identify with a gender"?
I'm assuming that it's not the idea that's an issue, but the people associated with that idea.

I wouldn't doubt that it's the newest trend to follow or be ridiculed because most high school students don't understand the gravity of what they're flaunting no matter the topic. Just like how following the latest dank memes can make you popular, following the latest new ideal can make you popular and liked without much effort.

I'm probably completely wrong though, as the latest trend where I went to high school was basically just being a person who did normal things. It was quite boring and I don't know if High Schools that don't follow this formula are a minority or a majority. To stay on topic, that's another thing that makes me sad, understanding people, because the real answer is usually more depressing than you think.

Top Bottom