• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Now people are going to tell me, Acro stop, you're getting out of hand. In truth, the second post is not the 'angry' post. It's simply my underlying perception of the actual post while I'm reading it. The first post is simply a rebuttal of what was posted. What you must understand is that while you may find the second post distasteful, it's how I feel about the posts, the posters, and their posting style. So when I limit myself to only two words, you may find the content lacking. However, you save yourself from finding out what a ****ing douchebag I think you are for posting such a piece of **** post and asking me to add on more about how I feel about it.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Now people are going to tell me, Acro stop, you're getting out of hand. In truth, the second post is not the 'angry' post. It's simply my underlying perception of the actual post while I'm reading it. The first post is simply a rebuttal of what was posted. What you must understand is that while you may find the second post distasteful, it's how I feel about the posts, the posters, and their posting style. So when I limit myself to only two words, you may find the content lacking. However, you save yourself from finding out what a ****ing douchebag I think you are for posting such a piece of **** post and asking me to add on more about how I feel about it.
I'm not going to argue back on this, I'm just going to leave it as is.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
....okay so.

I made a post in this thread I linked, it's my current concern right now.

In addition to the concerns I wrote there, there's the fact that mom is very old-fashioned and overprotective. She's been I hate to say it, treating me like a kid for a long time, not even allowing me to make my own decisions in certain situations, and I'm gonna be 26 next year. Her beliefs about how you're too old to do a certain thing are very rigid. Plus, she has a lot on her plate every day, taking care of my dad and aunt too, and because of all this she tends to get upset VERY easily.

I just don't know what to do...

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Playing games is no different (well, kinda different) than watching TV or movies or doing whatever else. As long as you have it in control, it's perfectly harmless.

Rie's other post said:
Since, one time I was going to GameStop to trade in an old iPhone and mom saw a guy asking the cashier for a game and said in privacy to me "all adults who play video games will never succeed".
Have you shown her people who do play video games and have succeeded? I'd recommend that, if you haven't tried it, the next time it comes up. Bonus points if the people are in more 'respected' (which could be anything, depending on what your mom finds to be a 'good' field or whatever) fields, and not just people who make or play games for a living (like streamers and pro gamers).

I wouldn't bring it up until next time, though, since she gets upset super easily. Just take her aside, give her those examples, and politely ask her to respect your choices.

It's not the greatest advice in the world, but hopefully it helps.

Also, in my own unhappy moment: Holy ****, food poisoning (or whatever I had last night) is awful and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Playing games is no different (well, kinda different) than watching TV or movies or doing whatever else. As long as you have it in control, it's perfectly harmless.

Have you shown her people who do play video games and have succeeded? I'd recommend that, if you haven't tried it, the next time it comes up. Bonus points if the people are in more 'respected' (which could be anything, depending on what your mom finds to be a 'good' field or whatever) fields, and not just people who make or play games for a living (like streamers and pro gamers).

I wouldn't bring it up until next time, though, since she gets upset super easily. Just take her aside, give her those examples, and politely ask her to respect your choices.

It's not the greatest advice in the world, but hopefully it helps.

Also, in my own unhappy moment: Holy ****, food poisoning (or whatever I had last night) is awful and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
I could try that. Wish I could find some examples, though...I'll have to look around.

And hope you feel better soon!

(Got delayed in writing this cause there was a power outage that killed internet for an hour.)

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
My throat's still shot to ****, but aside from that I'm doing pretty decently. Thanks for the well wishes!

And yeah, I'd have offered some examples, but I can't think of any that are off the top of my head.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
My transit pass expired today and since I am no longer working my former job it makes no sense to get a new one. And I must say that paying for transit all the time really sucks, it makes you feel discouraged to even go anywhere.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
So a thorough background check appears to be exposing the lies in work history. Oh boy this could be troublesome.

(Sorry for the double post, its been days since anyone posted in here)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That job at my college I had such high hopes for?

Yeah...they chose someone else. Again.

This ALWAYS happens. I think I should just become a Publix cashier or something, because it's obvious the IT field is not for me...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
My parents are pressuring me to apply for grad school and to pick a "realistic" major. The thing is, I don't know what I really want to do in the future. I have ideas, but no solid plan. Also, a lot of the majors my parents want me to do require stuff like undergraduate courses I never took and letters of recs by people for things I never did. Even if I somehow get into one of them, I would have to borrow money from parents and pay back for the next 15 years if I did two years of grad school. I don't really want to go into debt for something I do not think would be a great idea in the first place.

Also, I asked an ex-supervisor to write a letter of rec for a job program I want to get into. He told me to write the draft, so I did. Once I sent it to him, he told me to just sign it for him. I think it would be a terrible idea to do that as they might think I forged a letter of rec...which is basically what I'm doing if I sign it for someone else.

Edit: I'm getting another ex-supervisor from the same internship to do it. I should have done that in the first place.

Last edited:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
WTF is a "realistic" major?

Serious question
Probably something that isn't art or philosophy. Something that @ MewtwoMaster2002 MewtwoMaster2002 's parents would want him to do. (doctor, etc, typical parent expectations).

My unhappy moment today was when my friends go to the gym with me and the whole time they were making me laugh showing me pictures and cracking jokes. I'm pretty sure they made me deadlift with awful form and I ran out of time before I could finish my routine since I was laughing so hard.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
WTF is a "realistic" major?

Serious question
For my mom, it would be computer sciences or business or math or engineering...stuff I wouldn't be able to get into with my undergrad major or lack of experience. For my dad, it would be anything I can get into that could potentially lead to a job, whether that be sociology or urban planning or political science...things I am not too interested in nor can they relate to fields I think would be cool to get into.

I also need to take the GRE if I want to go to grad school...and that's $200 to take it once. I'm pretty sure my mom will tell me to pay for it myself. Basically it will be a cycle of parents telling me to do stuff I'm not interested in or find a waste of time and money, but I will have to do them unwillingly if I want my mom to stop yelling at me...I would move out, but the only option for moving out now would be to live homeless. If I could find a stable job that makes enough money to be able to move out, I wouldn't have this problem in the first place...but since I don't have anything besides a part-time job, I'm getting the pressure to go to grad school so that I can get a "realistic job".

Genocyde

Smash Cadet
At that point you should be doing what YOU want to do. You no longer have to please your folks because it is YOUR life and YOUR desired path/goal.

Paying expenses before you can even enter grad school just to do something that you personally don't care for is a waste of time. If it is something that doesn't appeal to you, then don't bother with it because you won't have any real passion for it down the road.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
So you lied in work history? Is this related to transit pass?
Nothing do with the transit pass. Last year I was out of work for a long time so a family members suggested to list their company on my resume to give it some relevant recent work, I did that and now a prospective employer is having a hard time verifying that I worked there or that the company exists at all. I was trying to get this resolved today but I couldn't, by now my contact at the company must be convinced something fishy is going on. Hopefully I'll have enough time to fix this tomorrow, thankfully this whole mess is for a job I'm not crazy about so I don't mind if they pass on me, but I need to get this reference in order if I want to avoid having this problem again in the future.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Nothing do with the transit pass. Last year I was out of work for a long time so a family members suggested to list their company on my resume to give it some relevant recent work, I did that and now a prospective employer is having a hard time verifying that I worked there or that the company exists at all. I was trying to get this resolved today but I couldn't, by now my contact at the company must be convinced something fishy is going on. Hopefully I'll have enough time to fix this tomorrow, thankfully this whole mess is for a job I'm not crazy about so I don't mind if they pass on me, but I need to get this reference in order if I want to avoid having this problem again in the future.
Well, if you at least did some work for the company, it should be fine. If you didn't actually do anything but put the name on the resume, I'd suggest not doing that in the future. It could make things harder if other employers hear that you've lied on your resume at some point in the past.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
My mother acts like I haven't been doing a single god damn thing to find a job since graduation. I've put in with everywhere around here, even the ****ing retail places won't hire me. I've tried looking to Columbus, but I haven't found anything yet, although I'm... kinda...? hopeful. Saying I'm hopeful would be a lie, because I'm just straight up dead and depressed today.

I'm sorry that I haven't found a job yet, just please stop acting like you're the only one who's worried and stressed and losing sleep over this. Please stop getting into these big ****ing pointless arguments about it with me. I'm trying. I've signed up with every staffing agency in an hour radius, as well as four or five in Columbus. I look for - and apply to - jobs daily. Craigslist, Indeed, local retail places, staffing agency websites, not-so-local retail places. If it exists, I visit it daily. If I'm qualified, I apply. Not a single ****ing day goes by, unless I'm deathly ill, that I don't do *something* about this ****ty situation.

I'm doing everything in my god damn power, what more do you want?

I'm about five seconds away from just saying **** it, packing up, and leaving. Move to Columbus, look into the part-time jobs while I look for something full-time. I can't take getting constantly complained at because I haven't been hired yet. I need out of this ****ing house and I need away from these ****ing people. I need away from all of my white-trash aunts, uncles, and cousins who would sell their own mother for five cents. I need away from the acquaintance of mine without any idea of privacy or social skills, who thinks it's okay to show up at bloody midnight without calling or emailing or anything.

I just need SOMETHING to give way and open the way for a tiny little bit of hope. I need to get to a place where I can even have a chance of doing something with my life, because this town sure as hell isn't giving me that opportunity. I just want to move out, y'know? I want to be able to get away and make some friends, maybe invite people over to... I don't know, watch movies or whatever it is that people with friends do. I'm ****in' lonely. I have a grand total of... three? friends (by which I mean people I talk to semi-regularly) and a handful of acquaintances. Two of those live in other states. One of 'em lives like fifteen minutes away, but works odd hours. Even my former best friend has drifted away. He's got a kid, with another coming. He doesn't have time to visit and **** around anymore. So, yeah, I've got three people and I never actually see any of them in person.

Sorry for the really huge rant (the whole 'I want to move' part wasn't even supposed to be here!), this has just been building for the past year or so, if not longer. The job thing has been a year, but the loneliness... ****, that's been going on for, uh since a bit into college? Let's say three years. Gotta say, doing emotionally better than I thought, given how long it's been.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
My mother acts like I haven't been doing a single god damn thing to find a job since graduation. I've put in with everywhere around here, even the ****ing retail places won't hire me. I've tried looking to Columbus, but I haven't found anything yet, although I'm... kinda...? hopeful. Saying I'm hopeful would be a lie, because I'm just straight up dead and depressed today.

I'm sorry that I haven't found a job yet, just please stop acting like you're the only one who's worried and stressed and losing sleep over this. Please stop getting into these big ****ing pointless arguments about it with me. I'm trying. I've signed up with every staffing agency in an hour radius, as well as four or five in Columbus. I look for - and apply to - jobs daily. Craigslist, Indeed, local retail places, staffing agency websites, not-so-local retail places. If it exists, I visit it daily. If I'm qualified, I apply. Not a single ****ing day goes by, unless I'm deathly ill, that I don't do *something* about this ****ty situation.

I'm doing everything in my god damn power, what more do you want?

I'm about five seconds away from just saying **** it, packing up, and leaving. Move to Columbus, look into the part-time jobs while I look for something full-time. I can't take getting constantly complained at because I haven't been hired yet. I need out of this ****ing house and I need away from these ****ing people. I need away from all of my white-trash aunts, uncles, and cousins who would sell their own mother for five cents. I need away from the acquaintance of mine without any idea of privacy or social skills, who thinks it's okay to show up at bloody midnight without calling or emailing or anything.

I just need SOMETHING to give way and open the way for a tiny little bit of hope. I need to get to a place where I can even have a chance of doing something with my life, because this town sure as hell isn't giving me that opportunity. I just want to move out, y'know? I want to be able to get away and make some friends, maybe invite people over to... I don't know, watch movies or whatever it is that people with friends do. I'm ****in' lonely. I have a grand total of... three? friends (by which I mean people I talk to semi-regularly) and a handful of acquaintances. Two of those live in other states. One of 'em lives like fifteen minutes away, but works odd hours. Even my former best friend has drifted away. He's got a kid, with another coming. He doesn't have time to visit and **** around anymore. So, yeah, I've got three people and I never actually see any of them in person.

Sorry for the really huge rant (the whole 'I want to move' part wasn't even supposed to be here!), this has just been building for the past year or so, if not longer. The job thing has been a year, but the loneliness... ****, that's been going on for, uh since a bit into college? Let's say three years. Gotta say, doing emotionally better than I thought, given how long it's been.
I know how that feels. I want to move out as well...over a year since I've been back home. At least I'm working part time with retail, but that hasn't got my mom off my back either.

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
It's good to know that there's someone out there with similar issues. Best of luck to you in getting things situated, then.

Thanks for taking the time to read through that pile of words, too.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
My family doesn't approve of the colleges I picked, ugh, I keep telling them pedigree isn't everything. Especially if you can't pay for the college you want me to go to. It's been 4 months since I've spoken to my grandmother now. I visit her on Saturday, but I honestly don't want to go. She's made this whole process painful.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It's good to know that there's someone out there with similar issues. Best of luck to you in getting things situated, then.

Thanks for taking the time to read through that pile of words, too.
This has been a prominent issue for young adults lately. Believe me you're not alone. I was in the same boat last year.
My family doesn't approve of the colleges I picked, ugh, I keep telling them pedigree isn't everything. Especially if you can't pay for the college you want me to go to. It's been 4 months since I've spoken to my grandmother now. I visit her on Saturday, but I honestly don't want to go. She's made this whole process painful.
This also seems to be a huge problem lately. I feel like you and M2M's issues are similar. Parent's/Guardians are having difficulty understanding the financial burden of college in this generation.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
This has been a prominent issue for young adults lately. Believe me you're not alone. I was in the same boat last year.
This also seems to be a huge problem lately. I feel like you and M2M's issues are similar. Parent's/Guardians are having difficulty understanding the financial burden of college in this generation.
Yes, then there's pressure to apply to grad school because apparently that can guarantee a job. Also, my mom believes I can manage to get into UC Berkeley's school of business from just applying. Both my dad and I know that would be impossible in my case considering how famous their business school is and how selective they are with it. In fact, she thinks I can just apply to any major without problems and is telling me to aim for computer sciences, business, or engineering. Considering I've never took a computer science or engineering class and I didn't do so well in business, I really doubt I can get into those kinds of majors for grad school compared to those who actually have and are really interested in them.

Her excuse is that if my dad could get into UC Berkeley's grad program, then I can. Unfortunately, getting into grad school is much harder now than when my dad went.

Last edited:

Genocyde

Smash Cadet
Every time I hear a parent tell their kid to go take the business major route, I want to vomit.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I am teaching myself python on code academy and I am beyond frustrated with it now. Sometime I'll complete and exercise and my code will return exactly what I intend it to do but the exercise interpreter tells me that its wrong with some vague jargon non-sense that sometimes is only fixed in the stupidest of ways(changing the order in which arguments are written into the function, wtf!) and completely unrelated to the error message being displayed to the user. At this point I'm thinking of just adding Python to my resume, and learn the rest when I'm offered a new job in the mean time focusing on getting my drivers license.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Deleting this post. Opening up for strangers on smashboards is a bit too silly.

Don't let parents control your lives.
Don't feel like your life is out of your control, cause it's not, ever.

Get good at being happy, and no johns.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I've been so emotionally destroyed by women lately I'm starting to feel misogynistic. It's absolutely amazing how so many of them will build you up so much only to bring you down at a drop of a hat. "Oh women must be lining up the block to be with you, you're just so hot and amazing! I'd love to go on a cosplay date sometime!" *One date later* "lol" "Ok" "nm".
"Oh I trust you so much, I would trust you with anything!" Oh, you're moving away? Too far to hang with now, this won't work".
"You seem really down to earth and interesting! I'm glad you messaged me!" "Nvm, I don't think I'm interested in you afterall"

They drive me insane...yet I spend too much time thinking about women. I suppose the only solutions are clubbing every weekend hoping for quick flings [my current situation] Or hoping to find a decent women. Pff.

GeZ

Smash Lord
I've been so emotionally destroyed by women lately I'm starting to feel misogynistic. It's absolutely amazing how so many of them will build you up so much only to bring you down at a drop of a hat. "Oh women must be lining up the block to be with you, you're just so hot and amazing! I'd love to go on a cosplay date sometime!" *One date later* "lol" "Ok" "nm".
"Oh I trust you so much, I would trust you with anything!" Oh, you're moving away? Too far to hang with now, this won't work".
"You seem really down to earth and interesting! I'm glad you messaged me!" "Nvm, I don't think I'm interested in you afterall"

They drive me insane...yet I spend too much time thinking about women. I suppose the only solutions are clubbing every weekend hoping for quick flings [my current situation] Or hoping to find a decent women. Pff.
If it's not working out with women you have to slow down and look for more interesting women.

It's real easy to get ****ed over when your prerequisite for dating is that they have to have all their limbs.

Slow down, don't blame women, become a bit more romantic.

Also, if one says you're down to earth as a compliment, or you meet a girl that you think is down to earth, drop them. Relationships are supposed to be turbulent and gut wrenching and a little scary. Starting one off of the understanding that you're both calm and collected is a recipe for a boring, disassociated, snooze fest.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Deleting this post. Opening up for strangers on smashboards is a bit too silly.

Don't let parents control your lives.
Don't feel like your life is out of your control, cause it's not, ever.

Get good at being happy, and no johns.
Its not silly at all actually. Part of the reason this thread exists is to be therapeutic for the users here. A lot of people open up through venting and some open up to show other users that they're not alone in whatever struggle they're going through and that some of us here can relate.

If you don't want to be a part of that process then fine, but don't be a douchebag and ruin it for other people.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Its not silly at all actually. Part of the reason this thread exists is to be therapeutic for the users here. A lot of people open up through venting and some open up to show other users that they're not alone in whatever struggle they're going through and that some of us here can relate.

If you don't want to be a part of that process then fine, but don't be a douchebag and ruin it for other people.
Calm down dude, I'm not acting like a douchebag. Just saying opening up for strangers isn't my thing.

Why do you guys come here to open up, by the way? What about irl friends?

Or is this kind of another place to just vent about your issues?

GeZ

Smash Lord
Well then I don't mean to offend anyone (but inevitably I will) but your energies would be better spent working these issues out than just venting.

These emotions you're feeling are important, but they do nothing if you don't rout them into something, be it solving the issue or just creating art.

You'll get nowhere without confrontation. It seems easier said than done but it's also often more easily done too.

Fix your problems. Do it yourself. Help is fine, good even, but the end result is on you.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Well no ****, Sherlock, but it's easier said than done. Not everybody is you, not everybody shares the same methodology, ad infinitum/et cetera/whatever. Of course working it out yourself is the end result but not everybody gets there by divining epiphanies outta nothing, aka (surprise!) yourself.

No offense, but I think you should probably unsubscribe from this thread if all your gonna do is dump this asinine "blanket wisdom" onto others. Feedback, empathy, and a little ventilation are the cornerstones of this thread.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
The point is that "easier said than done" is often an excuse.

Not everybody shares the same methodology, but people can benefit from understanding each others methodology. You don't need a divining epiphany to make change, but everyone's afraid of change. It's natural, but a crutch.

Often the only cure people skirt is the most blunt one, because wheedling about it is easier, and figuring it out demands involvement.

It's not asinine wisdom to suggest that people are a bit too craddled, but you seem to be in a bit of a tizzy as is, which is your own deal.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
If it's not working out with women you have to slow down and look for more interesting women.

It's real easy to get ****ed over when your prerequisite for dating is that they have to have all their limbs.

Slow down, don't blame women, become a bit more romantic.

Also, if one says you're down to earth as a compliment, or you meet a girl that you think is down to earth, drop them. Relationships are supposed to be turbulent and gut wrenching and a little scary. Starting one off of the understanding that you're both calm and collected is a recipe for a boring, disassociated, snooze fest.

Actually my standards are quite high, not just limbs lol. I learned that after dating the first thing with a pulse back in grade 12. I actually require my girl to at least be athletic, intelligence, good looking, and have a personality and ambitions....and good grammar when texting.

I actually do consider myself romantic, most guys I see talk like "lol sup. haha." I actually write long sentences with emotion and wit to them. I just feel most women aren't willing to invest time to put in an actual good convo. I'm one of the few people I know that can actually talk to women without being 7 beers in like my friends.

Actually, I've given myself a title, "The King of Unrequited Love", because I actually attract a LOT of women....that I am not interested in. They usually are just not intellectual or they weigh about 200 pounds lol. So again, yes I do have standards. High ones. And then the women who I AM interested in, have no interest in me back. So basically I'm stuck right in the middle of the dating world. I refuse to drop my dating standards, yet can't achieve mine. Is a good looking intelligent women with a personality too much? I think I have those qualities, I'm entering medical studies, have a very chiseled body, and wit to boot. I expect the same.

The few times I DO find decent women, they tend to trick me into thinking they are interested and then choose to drop me at a moment's notice. I've only ever like 5 women in my life. Out of the tons I have met, that's dang small for the amount I'd consider dateable. Just that 2 women I liked both messed with me in the same small window of time, that's a lot of emotional toll.

I'm just getting so sick of women lying about having interest in me then disappearing out of no where. If they ain't interested, they should speak up at least. I would prefer that. It's under handed to just not bother and rude, and it's starting to change my view of most women.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
Well I understand you man, but that's just how love works, which is to say, not often.

Lowering standards isn't the way though, because it's not about standards. If you're interested in someone, you shouldn't be coy about it. Do an appropriate amount of courting (that's not very much, mind you) and then ask them on a date. If they don't seem super on board, move on.

And being attracted to a select few people is really how it should be. It just means your discerning, so when it does work out, it'll be tumultuous and wonderful.

You're better for the mistakes you make, so don't worry about making more.

And be careful with the "sick of women" talk. That's a dark path you don't want to travel. It's not the genders fault. It's the nature of love. It's complex, ineffable, often hurtful, and wonderful for all of those things.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The point is that "easier said than done" is often an excuse.

Not everybody shares the same methodology, but people can benefit from understanding each others methodology. You don't need a divining epiphany to make change, but everyone's afraid of change. It's natural, but a crutch.

Often the only cure people skirt is the most blunt one, because wheedling about it is easier, and figuring it out demands involvement.

It's not asinine wisdom to suggest that people are a bit too craddled, but you seem to be in a bit of a tizzy as is, which is your own deal.
I'm in a tizzy because I'm telling you that your little nugget of cavalier wisdom undermines the point of this thread. Ah, yes, I guess I am. How foolish. Angst-ridden am I.

Your most recent post to Yonder is part of what this thread is for, btw. Feedback.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
I'm in a tizzy because I'm telling you that your little nugget of cavalier wisdom undermines the point of this thread. Ah, yes, I guess I am. How foolish. Angst-ridden am I.

Your most recent post to Yonder is part of what this thread is for, btw. Feedback.

Smooth Criminal
The thread is for helping it's occupants, the occupants are not for helping the thread. If someone benefits from the advice, then its done its part.

It's not something that I demand be taken to heart. Its just something I think a lot of people would benefit from being reminded of, and in my experience, have benefit from it.

Cool your jets man. Your semi-sardonic outlash is unwarranted. Tame your disagreement, and reforge it to simple ojbection, rather than angry rallying.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
This semester of school has been tough for me financially and academically. I didn't get as much financial aid this time as I'd hoped; I don't have a job or the qualifications for one; I'm constantly crippled by feelings like I'm unable to do anything at all in life, like it'll be pointless for me to try so I just sit around feeling awful; I don't have a vehicle to go out and do many things with friends; I don't have too many people I'm close to around here, and in general my family doesn't communicate well with me on a conversational level, nor do they seem to make many efforts to validate my feelings. Rather, they think things are their own way (meaning from their perspective), and just spew out the same advice no matter what my problem is. Usually, all this is is "get a job and you'll gain confidence" or "come live back home" which is not an option because my parents are awfully opinionated, argumentative, and a list of other things that make them stressful to live with. The same goes for the rest of my family, though my sister and her husband, whom I live with, are the closest things to "exceptions".

Even then, though, I feel trapped and isolated in almost every way I can think of. There are things I want to do, but I'm not particularly supported by anyone... My lifestyle choices aren't exactly looked upon with pride, but the sad thing is I only show maybe 10% of who I actually am to people at any given time. I'm a very needy, emotional, sexual, calm, collected person as a whole, but the opposite is what I show. All people know/think is I'm lazy, abrasive, antisocial, and a prude. There are little things in life I want to be able to do, like dress how I want, watch what I want, act how I want to; these are things I could do, but I have to keep in mind that with how unstable I am, it would be an unwise decision to piss anyone off or make them feel uneasy. I have few people around me who will tolerate me even for my more reserved behavior, so keeping them close is important to me, because without them I'm nothing. I'm weak and frail, naive and incapable of functioning in this society that I hate quite a lot.

I don't feel like I can express how I feel without being embarrassed, ashamed, or ridiculed, as these things have happened in the past. When it comes to times of struggling like this, I can't explain how I feel to family without feeling outright coddled by people who don't understand me and wouldn't accept me for who I am. They'll throw their attention toward me until I diverge from the path they want me to take, at which point I'm being ungrateful.

Since I moved from my parents' place, I've been getting ideas about things I want to try, things I want to do... I want to be cute, endeared, delicate, but also respectable, kind, understanding, and knowledgeable. Frankly, I guess I should say that I want to be quite feminine, but still recognizable as a boy... I'm not even quite sure how to explain it, nor do I know how the details would work out, mostly because--well, I've never been able to try these things. There's more to it than that, but it's the gist.

Best I can do for myself is spit my feelings out on a public board like this, where I might hopefully get some insight from someone outside of myself. But frankly, even in doing this, I feel self-conscious, like I'm just some annoying attention hog with a confused identity or something. That is, pathetic and despicable. But the thing is, I feel so ****ing horrible. I don't know what I want, I don't have any /real/ support (not that I blame them, but my family is too poor to support me while I'm "finding myself" even if they approved of who I am), and I just feel stuck. I feel like my only options are to continue on in life without any guidance, weary and unobservant and unaware of opportunities around me; or, to just end things. I'm not being very productive, useful, or helpful to anyone or any goal, just living for what small few joys I can get out of simple things like gaming, my art, and smut while I still can.

Ugh, kind of feel like I'm billowing over with pedantic detail here, so this is all I'll say for now.

Last edited:

Treehugger

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3883-6020-2201
This is probably going to sound a bit off-topic but it feels like almost every time an attempt to make a new friend is made, it falls flat due to my ineptitude and spergery.

Please, could someone just strike me in the face with a homerun bat?

Top Bottom